MouadsWife

Do the Research... and whatever else!

302 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

this is a great post that was really needed i think.

i have seen a lot more bashing lately than ever before since my time on vj.

this is a good site, i dont know what is going on i have seen the bashing from new members and old.

new people are really just trying to find their way, i think in the beginning if someone had replied to anything i posted rudely i would have been to afraid to post anything else or to ask anymore questions.

i try to answer if i know the answer, and try really hard not to be rude to anyone, i think sometimes people forget that there are real people behind the key boards asking the questions, so there are feelings involved.

immigration is very intimidating and confusing so emotions are on high or low all the time

yes we sometimes get trolls on here but it call comes to focus after a few questions and answers.

i think sometimes the mood for off topic spills over onto the regional forums. i dont know that its intended but u get some of the old timers messing around and they forget that not all people understand their humor

this is just my opinion

sara

Edited by estadia

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I couldn't agree more and it's why I don't stop in that often any more. I'm lucky enough to keep in touch with most of the ladies on facebook but really why take time out of my day to come here to socialize and help when I can if it's just going to be a whole lot of negative, headaches and drama?

My Momma said if you don't have something nice to say, shut your trap :innocent:

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
You think this is bad, ya shoulda been around in 2006~~it was a free for all. Thank Ewok for appropriate MOD-eration.

I would have compared it to the wild wild west, complete with lynching and pistol-drawn duals.

Jackie (F)

kumbaya

Amen, Sister Jackie. And how many of those duels were right here in MENAland...OMG!!! Some names of people can't even be mentioned like Voldemort from Harry Potter. If you mentioned their names some people might have terrible flashbacks.

Aside from that, I will say that VJ lately has become rough, but I do also think that in the spirit of having every question answered in the very first post, some people would do well to actually read the pinned guides, the Terms of Service, and obviously FILL IN YOUR TIMELINE!!!! Personally, I believe that you should have to fill in your timeline to even start posting - with your real information, not just some made up stuff. The timeline feature is actually amazing, because it gives statistical insight into processing times for others going through your same situation. (But please, don't post your whole timeline in your signature - it doesn't do anything for the statistical analysis.)

Myself and a few others can probably offer some great advice on the visa journey as a whole - because we're finished with it. When my husband became a citizen last year I was a posting fool on this website and Immigration.com. Furthermore, just because a name has alot of hearts by it doesn't mean that the poster is an expert on immigration - which, really, not too many of us are experts, but dammit, I'm pretty proficient when it comes to USCIS/DOS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Amen, Sister Jackie. And how many of those duels were right here in MENAland...OMG!!! Some names of people can't even be mentioned like Voldemort from Harry Potter. If you mentioned their names some people might have terrible flashbacks.

:lol:

Aside from that, I will say that VJ lately has become rough, but I do also think that in the spirit of having every question answered in the very first post, some people would do well to actually read the pinned guides, the Terms of Service, and obviously FILL IN YOUR TIMELINE!!!! Personally, I believe that you should have to fill in your timeline to even start posting - with your real information, not just some made up stuff. The timeline feature is actually amazing, because it gives statistical insight into processing times for others going through your same situation. (But please, don't post your whole timeline in your signature - it doesn't do anything for the statistical analysis.)

Myself and a few others can probably offer some great advice on the visa journey as a whole - because we're finished with it. When my husband became a citizen last year I was a posting fool on this website and Immigration.com. Furthermore, just because a name has alot of hearts by it doesn't mean that the poster is an expert on immigration - which, really, not too many of us are experts, but dammit, I'm pretty proficient when it comes to USCIS/DOS.

I also think everyone should read the guides and be as self taught as possible. Some people who really HAVE read the guides and tried to educate themselves might still have questions that may seem lame to some of us who have been through the process, but regardless..they are overwhelmed and need help.

There was a similar topic started not long ago which prompted Ewok to pin a topic that basically says...be nice to the new people and keep the OT attitude in OT where it belongs. The "usual suspects" have seemed to back off a bit since then.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Those were the days weren't they!!! It was dangerous waters in these parts back then!!! *shudders*

You think this is bad, ya shoulda been around in 2006~~it was a free for all. Thank Ewok for appropriate MOD-eration.

I would have compared it to the wild wild west, complete with lynching and pistol-drawn duals.

Jackie (F)

kumbaya

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is this because I told that woman that she didn't need to post more than one thread? I mean she posted like 7 or 8 of them with the same question. I also offered her advice though. Now I feel bad but everytime I looked *poof* a new post with the same info.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok I went back and yes it's me! I can't believe out of all of the posts, undoubtedly some very rude, you chose mine to quote. whatEVER! I had already given her advice, she posted tons of threads on the same subject. She said she got an unfair interview which was only unfair insofar as her lawyer gave her very bad advice telling them not to bring proof to the interview and I suggested she get a better lawyer.

You know I'll stop here. I'm obviously not in a very loving mood right now.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This turned out to be a great thread,... Im glad people have put in their input. I was worried I would get slammed for this thread, but it was something that needed to be said, atleast I thought it did. I cant imagine anything harder in life to go through. Some would say death, but I have been through that with triplets dying, and I actually feel this is 100 times worse. I feel guilty for saying that, but thats how Im feeling at this moment, as I am wondering what my future will be. Sometimes I think its easier just to ask people straight out than searching for past threads, and I hate to see people criticised and attacked for doing it.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I cant imagine anything harder in life to go through. Some would say death, but I have been through that with triplets dying, and I actually feel this is 100 times worse.

I'm sorry to turn the tone of the thread, but I have to say that is outrageous. I know we all go through different levels of emotions throughout the process, but I can't see how that statement is anything but extreme hyperbole.

I hope you have a speedy visa process, but don't forget about the challenges that await you both once he is here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

I recently posted a thread honestly trying to help maybe some other women that are in the same boat as i am. I posted about Investigators from Homeland Security and was questioned about where I really live and that I need to google more information before I post :whistle: What a great welcome...

Thank You for bringing this subject up. I've thought many a time about posting but knew if I did some of these ladies would rip me another one..

Timeline
I recently posted a thread honestly trying to help maybe some other women that are in the same boat as i am. I posted about Investigators from Homeland Security and was questioned about where I really live and that I need to google more information before I post :whistle: What a great welcome...

Thank You for bringing this subject up. I've thought many a time about posting but knew if I did some of these ladies would rip me another one..

I saw some of that in your threads :wacko:

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

i know its hard to do but what i do is try to ignore the replies that i get offend by and take what is good information, granted it dont always work but if someone is being rude u cant reason with them

just my opinion

sara

Edited by estadia

Timeline

i know its hard to do but what i do is try to ignore the replies that i get offend by and take what is good information, granted it dont always work but if someone is being rude i cant reason with them

just my opinion

sara

thats because you are a patient angel. I dont think I have ever seen you get rude or even impatient with anyone. :star:

Thanks!

Timeline

I saw some of that in your threads :wacko:

i like ur signature :D

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.