Gooden

Looks like my marriage is over before it really started

44 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:crying: I've been feeling down all week. I've been married for 6 months and and living under the same roof for only half that time do to his uncomfortableness of living in a house where the bathtub / shower is being remodeled (I however would be happy to sleep next to him outside in a sleeping bag). He moved to another city he says his friend who he just met a few months ago who is in realstate let him stay in one of his houses for free. He would only tell me the city he lives in but not an address. He has decieded that there is more negatives in our relationship than positives, he wouldn't tell me what those negatives were though :unsure: He says he's just going to hang out where he's at until he feels like returning to JA since I wouldn't give him money I have saved and the paper work to finish the AOS process on his own. I loved him with all my heart, made future plans with him. I feel like my heart has broken into a million pieces and I haven't figured out how to put it back together of if that's possible.

Im sorry this had to happen to you.... please don't get me wrong when I say this but it might be better that this happened early on before you put all this money out... my heart goes out to you! Stay strong and God bless! (F)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Gooden - can I ask a question - is there an age difference between you and your hubby? It doesn't mean anything....I am just curious.

Either way - thanks for sharing your story. Best wishes to you.

Yes, the age difference is 10 years. I'm 38 and he 28. People are shocked at my age though, I'm told I don't look 38. I have a few pictures in my profile of us under photos. I think maybe he wasn't ready to settle down at 28 (not done shopping). He did however tell me I was it for him, and that his previous relationships were with women in there 30's. I on the other hand had never dated anyone youger than me.

That makes it worse, now he giving young men a bad reputation...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:crying: I've been feeling down all week. I've been married for 6 months and and living under the same roof for only half that time do to his uncomfortableness of living in a house where the bathtub / shower is being remodeled (I however would be happy to sleep next to him outside in a sleeping bag). He moved to another city he says his friend who he just met a few months ago who is in realstate let him stay in one of his houses for free. He would only tell me the city he lives in but not an address. He has decieded that there is more negatives in our relationship than positives, he wouldn't tell me what those negatives were though :unsure: He says he's just going to hang out where he's at until he feels like returning to JA since I wouldn't give him money I have saved and the paper work to finish the AOS process on his own. I loved him with all my heart, made future plans with him. I feel like my heart has broken into a million pieces and I haven't figured out how to put it back together of if that's possible.

Gooden first of all i want to say I'm sorry to hear what's happening to you (F) I will PM you (F)

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sorry to hear this ... remember everything happens for a reason

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

"Well, he would not let me know his address. He said he lives by himself, but has no job to support himself and asks me for money only for his cell phone bill or travel to where I live. I asked him once , what the back ground noices were in the house (sounded like a baby crying) he said it was a cat, and now he always go's outside to talk to me. He would always make it here late at night to visit me and leave very early in the morning or even that night. He would step away to talk on his phone, and locked it when it was not in use. All of these things added up in my mind that there is someone else. He said he was doing nothing wrong and didn't like negative thinking I should relax! I tried as per his request to think positively, but this be inside this was difficult for me."

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like one...it most likely is one. I know now in your time of pain you are hoping beyond all hopes it is not what you think it is, but being a man, I would bet 95% there is someone else. And worse yet, I think you were used all along. You were the ticket to America - he might even have been in correspondence with someone else all along. My suggestions (beyond grieving for the end of what you were hoping for) - cut him off and to the extent possible, do not support him in any way (since you are married to him, I have been told that the government still holds you responsible for his support.). The age difference of 10 years should not really be a factor if he was a mature 28 and SERIOUS about a real relationship. There might have been warning signs all along as to his real intentions, but when one is starry-eyed in love, the signs are easy to overlook.

Good luck, be strong and don't think it's about you or what you did wrong - I seriously doubt that you are more than 5% of the "failure".

5/20/08 Met through a mutual friend in Medellin

7/02/08 - 10/27/08 Visited 5 times

12/08/08 6th Visit Medellin (gave "Promise" ring to be exclusive)

1/22/09 - 6/21/09 4 more visits. 6/22/09 GOT ENGAGED!

7/25/09 11th Visit Met in Panama

9/19/09 12th Visit Met in Medellin for Dial Del Amor y Amistad

6/23-7/21 Gathered paperwork and applied for I-129F 7/24/09 USCIS acknowledges Receipt of I-129F application NOA1

9/28/09 NOA2 received!!! Only 66 days! 10/02/09 NSC Received and completed Application and sent to Bogota

10/02/09 Embassy received application (my lawyer is two weeks behind informing me - time line information learned on 10/15/09)

10/09/09 Embassy sent out Package 3 10/15/09 Package 3 not received - downloaded forms from website.

10/16/09 Submitted DS-2100 and Ds-230 to apply for interview date. 10/23/09 Received Interview date (had to call DOS)

12/09/09 Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/07/10 Arrived in Miami, cleared Immigration with no problems. Arrived in Charlotte to a freaking cold spell 55 degrees colder than Dora has ever experienced.

Timeline

I am very sorry for what has happened.. Continue to stay strong. Do what you need to girl. I've been through divorce due to my ex cheating on me- it is NOT an easy time by far. My grandmother told me (before she passed away) "A man won't be where he doesn't want to be." I found that very true over the years (I'm 33). And there was something else she said that made complete sense and I still say it to friends who are going through difficult relationships- Why would you want a man who doesn't want you? Sad, but true. Hold your head up, let him go, and move on. He wasn't the one for you. I pray God gives you peace and comfort and helps you through this. You are a beautiful, young woman and God has someone for you as special as you are who will love you unconditionally. YOU WILL BE ALRIGHT. Believe this.

Reach out for support- it's always here.

Take care baby girl

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
(F)

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Other Timeline
"Well, he would not let me know his address. He said he lives by himself, but has no job to support himself and asks me for money only for his cell phone bill or travel to where I live. I asked him once , what the back ground noices were in the house (sounded like a baby crying) he said it was a cat, and now he always go's outside to talk to me. He would always make it here late at night to visit me and leave very early in the morning or even that night. He would step away to talk on his phone, and locked it when it was not in use. All of these things added up in my mind that there is someone else. He said he was doing nothing wrong and didn't like negative thinking I should relax! I tried as per his request to think positively, but this be inside this was difficult for me."

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like one...it most likely is one. I know now in your time of pain you are hoping beyond all hopes it is not what you think it is, but being a man, I would bet 95% there is someone else. And worse yet, I think you were used all along. You were the ticket to America - he might even have been in correspondence with someone else all along. My suggestions (beyond grieving for the end of what you were hoping for) - cut him off and to the extent possible, do not support him in any way (since you are married to him, I have been told that the government still holds you responsible for his support.). The age difference of 10 years should not really be a factor if he was a mature 28 and SERIOUS about a real relationship. There might have been warning signs all along as to his real intentions, but when one is starry-eyed in love, the signs are easy to overlook.

Good luck, be strong and don't think it's about you or what you did wrong - I seriously doubt that you are more than 5% of the "failure".

Ditto. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I read your message on my cell yesterday morn. I've been thinking about you all day. This could be GOD working favor in your life. I know it's hard. Like everyone else has stated trust your instincts. The facts. Try to keep your emotions under control, this will only confuse you. Much love to you. I will keep you in prayer.

Edited by brownnskinn

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Im sorry this had to happen to you.... please don't get me wrong when I say this but it might be better that this happened early on before you put all this money out... my heart goes out to you! Stay strong and God bless! (F)

Thinking our last conversations, I believe you are right. He was upset that it was taking me so long to file his AOS papers, which was due to finance issues(lost my job) and feeling unsure he would come back and live with me. He said I was doing the AOS for me and not for him. I told him I was doing it for us so he could continue to live here and we could be a family, but he wasn't showing me that that was what he wanted, only promises and excuses as to why this has not happened.

Since I can't seem to sleep well at night, my mind tends to go over all of our past conversations in search of answers, and if he ever loved me. This morning I woke up feeling like maybe all of this was planned from day one of meeting me. Everything he ever said or did was acting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks, your right. My family keeps saying that same duck quote. My family thought that I was just a green card to him just by other stories they've heard about JA. I stood up for him, and he said he was insulted that he would even have been questioned about doing something like that, but thus far, he's lived up to the story. I still will try to see people on a case by case bases, but will try to follow my instincts more in the future. Our last conversation was a few days ago and it ended pretty abruptly with me saying "I guess there is nothing else to say, good by" and, with him leaving me with the idea that he's just going to hang out where he is until he's ready to go home. I think perhaps that is the last time I will hear from him, and I can write-off ever seeing any the possesions he took with him. Thanks for the imput, it helps to hear a male point of view.

Timeline
Gooden - can I ask a question - is there an age difference between you and your hubby? It doesn't mean anything....I am just curious.

Yes, there is, but people are always shocked at my age they say I don't look it. I'm 38 and he's 28. I have a photo or two of us in my profile I think. Maybe due to his age though, he wasn't done shopping, but wanted residency so I wasn't informed.

I saw your pictures and you look great. There is a 10 difference between me and hubby. His age may not mean anything..maturity level is more important.

Exactly...

Gooden what u mean he wasn't done shopping (if it's what I'm thinking)...I can't even type the rest of my reply.

Well, he would not let me know his address. He said he lives by himself, but has no job to support himself and asks me for money only for his cell phone bill or travel to where I live. I asked him once , what the back ground noices were in the house (sounded like a baby crying) he said it was a cat, and now he always go's outside to talk to me. He would always make it here late at night to visit me and leave very early in the morning or even that night. He would step away to talk on his phone, and locked it when it was not in use. All of these things added up in my mind that there is someone else. He said he was doing nothing wrong and didn't like negative thinking I should relax! I tried as per his request to think positively, but this be inside this was difficult for me.

I'm so sorry this happened Gooden...from the bottom of my heart I am. Get in your prayer closet and ask God for wisdom and discernment. Ask God to protect and shield you from anything that is not His Will for your life. This process is difficult when two people love each other...impossible when it is one-sided. No one has the answers...trust God above man sweetie. Psalms 118:8.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Sorry (F) for your troubles!!!! He should know what comes around goes around...would not want to be on the recieving end because it comes back around ten fold!!!!!! Wish you well in the future!!!

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Yes, there is, but people are always shocked at my age they say I don't look it. I'm 38 and he's 28. I have a photo or two of us in my profile I think. Maybe due to his age though, he wasn't done shopping, but wanted residency so I wasn't informed.

You're beautiful Gooden!!

See such a smiley, bouncy person looking out at me in those pics!

Don't let him steal your joy, write him off as a chapter in your life that God wanted to to teach you a lesson with.

Mr Right who will walk through fire, suffer through cold for the Queen you are is oit there for you. This will only make you appreciate him better.

Be very aware though, once he realises he needs you for the rest of the process, he'll be knowcking down your door saying ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you want to hear. Be prepared, that will be the MOST difficult part of the whole process....

My prayers are with you.....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.