Gooden

Looks like my marriage is over before it really started

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:crying: I've been feeling down all week. I've been married for 6 months and and living under the same roof for only half that time do to his uncomfortableness of living in a house where the bathtub / shower is being remodeled (I however would be happy to sleep next to him outside in a sleeping bag). He moved to another city he says his friend who he just met a few months ago who is in realstate let him stay in one of his houses for free. He would only tell me the city he lives in but not an address. He has decieded that there is more negatives in our relationship than positives, he wouldn't tell me what those negatives were though :unsure: He says he's just going to hang out where he's at until he feels like returning to JA since I wouldn't give him money I have saved and the paper work to finish the AOS process on his own. I loved him with all my heart, made future plans with him. I feel like my heart has broken into a million pieces and I haven't figured out how to put it back together of if that's possible.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh Gooden, I am so sorry to hear this - Please stick to it and don't give him the money and stuff to do AOS on his own - if he can't love you enough to try to fix things, you have to love yourself more -

Stay strong, I know how it hurts ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Gooden, I'm so sorry. Be strong and stick to your guns. You need to take care of yourself first.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Oh Gooden, I am so sorry to hear this - Please stick to it and don't give him the money and stuff to do AOS on his own - if he can't love you enough to try to fix things, you have to love yourself more -

Stay strong, I know how it hurts ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Thank you for your support, I'm trying to pick myself up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gooden, I echo what Sus & JG said. Best wishes to you & stay strong!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Once he figures out he is just screwing himself and cannot stay without your help, he will come back sweet as pie. Be smart.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Gooden,

I hate that you are going through such a difficult time. The immigration process is expensive & time-consuming. I have learned that no matter how good you are to a person, you CAN NOT make a person do right by you. Respect the fact that he no longer wants to be married. Stand your ground. Perhaps his real estate friend can assist him with obtaining a green card. In the mean time, try to focus on you. I pray that God sends you a man that will love & respect you unconditonally.

Mrs. Scott

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Im so sorry to be reading this for you. (F)

Be strong, dont listen to his sweet words if he comes back with them and know that the pain and betrayed feelings WILL pass with time and healing.

VJ is here to listen when you need to vent.

(F)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gooden,

I hate that you are going through such a difficult time. The immigration process is expensive & time-consuming. I have learned that no matter how good you are to a person, you CAN NOT make a person do right by you. Respect the fact that he no longer wants to be married. Stand your ground. Perhaps his real estate friend can assist him with obtaining a green card. In the mean time, try to focus on you. I pray that God sends you a man that will love & respect you unconditonally.

Mrs. Scott

Ditto....sorry Gooden (F)

Hi Mrs Scott...how are you?

Timeline
Gooden,

Mrs. Scott

Thank you, I will. IMy mind tells me I've done everything I could to try and make him happy. I know it's not something I've done wrong and you can't make someone love and respect you. Everyone says I can have better, but my heart wishes things could be different.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Gooden,

Mrs. Scott

Thank you, I will. IMy mind tells me I've done everything I could to try and make him happy. I know it's not something I've done wrong and you can't make someone love and respect you. Everyone says I can have better, but my heart wishes things could be different.

Thats totally normal, and you will need time to grieve the loss.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
(L)

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gooden - can I ask a question - is there an age difference between you and your hubby? It doesn't mean anything....I am just curious.

Either way - thanks for sharing your story. Best wishes to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.