EdwardK

Financial Difficulty / Foreclosure & Pending AOS

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I brought my wife to America under K1 Visa, got married on July and sent out her Adjustment of Status packet.

A few weeks later, I learned that I'll be getting a substantial salary reduction which will make it impossible to pay my mortgage.

I have a rental property that fell in value by over $100,000 and the tenant is not paying. I'm 3 months late on the mortgage for this reason and working on getting the tenant evicted.

I don't have anyone else who can help me for affidavit of support either.

Would a foreclosure cause my wife's application to be rejected? What about bankruptcy? I didn't qualify for loan modification because of technical bs and these seem to be the only two options.

I'm working on getting a 2nd job to try to keep this from happening. If my wife gets her green card can it be revoked? How long do I need to keep things going to be safe?

Hope this made sense.

Eric

I brought my wife to America under K1 Visa, got married on July and sent out her Adjustment of Status packet.

A few weeks later, I learned that I'll be getting a substantial salary reduction which will make it impossible to pay my mortgage.

I have a rental property that fell in value by over $100,000 and the tenant is not paying. I'm 3 months late on the mortgage for this reason and working on getting the tenant evicted.

Would a foreclosure cause my wife's application to be rejected? What about bankruptcy? I didn't qualify for loan modification because of technical bs and these seem to be the only two options.

I'm working on getting a 2nd job to try to keep this from happening. If my wife gets her green card can it be revoked? How long do I need to keep things going to be safe?

Hope this made sense.

Eric

Hey' cheer up! foreclosure and bankruptcy won't affect AOS....jst use your assets like car, house etc'.....your good..don't worry many people right now in bad shape like you too. Goodluck! God Bless..

Hope this made sense.

Eric

Hey' cheer up! foreclosure and bankruptcy won't affect AOS....jst use your assets like car, house etc'.....your good..don't worry many people right now in bad shape like you too. Goodluck! God Bless..

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the kind words. This fourm is one of the friendliest and helpful experiences I've had on the internet.

I do not have any assets and live we live in a small apartment (because of the financial strain of the house). I have a old car worth $2,000 but that's about it.

The thing is I am well over the poverty level ($45k a year now, $55k before salary reduction) and will still be able to support her even with bankruptcy.

Funny thing is, I've called a few bankruptcy lawyers and they can't give me a straight answer about green card application. All I can do is hope I can keep from financially collapsing until she gets her green card. :cry:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
Thanks for the kind words. This fourm is one of the friendliest and helpful experiences I've had on the internet.

I do not have any assets and live we live in a small apartment (because of the financial strain of the house). I have a old car worth $2,000 but that's about it.

The thing is I am well over the poverty level ($45k a year now, $55k before salary reduction) and will still be able to support her even with bankruptcy.

Funny thing is, I've called a few bankruptcy lawyers and they can't give me a straight answer about green card application. All I can do is hope I can keep from financially collapsing until she gets her green card. :cry:

i dont think this will be a problem...your good.

Sophanna Ven

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You're fine. Foreclosure and bankruptcy have no affect on AOS, they do not care and you make enough money, so don't worry. And NO they cannot revoke her green card because of financial reasons, and you do not need to provide any further affidavits after the one for AOS.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.