belarus1

Things for the interview

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

ok, so it looks as if we will finally have our interview on Sept 28!

We have all the documents, med exam etc..

For proof of ongoing relationship I told Sveta to print some of our emails throughout the last year as well as getting a log of the bazillion text messages we have sent and the lovey dovey greeting cards I have sent her. We talk by phone at least once per week but I have always bought these "international phone cards" since they were super cheap so I assume I could bring a few of those for her to show as well.

We only have a few photos of us together and some of me and her mom and her son etc... I assume I should bring those as well as my boarding passes and visa etc..from my last trip to see her?

Is there anything else Im missing to prove an ongoing relationship?

if u ever talk on messenger or skype that log will help u a lot, good luck abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

For proof of ongoing relationship I told Sveta to print some of our emails throughout the last year as well as getting a log of the bazillion text messages we have sent and the lovey dovey greeting cards I have sent her. We talk by phone at least once per week but I have always bought these "international phone cards" since they were super cheap so I assume I could bring a few of those for her to show as well.

We only have a few photos of us together and some of me and her mom and her son etc... I assume I should bring those as well as my boarding passes and visa etc..from my last trip to see her?

I know that every case is different, but I want to butt in because it might help.

My fiancee had her interview today. We did not show any email or chat. I did not want to overburden anybody with a clutter of information. Besides, I personally believe that any conversation between she and I is private. She only showed a letter I addressed to the consulate, a few photos together, the phone bill showing that I called constantly, my financial info, and proof of the trips I made to Moscow during the last year. In fact, I do not even know if she had time to show everything I mentioned (those were the documents she had).

The interview was all about what she knew about me. All questions were related to information in the I-129F. She answered all and she was on her way.

I believe that the most important thing I did to make it simple for her was to get in touch with the consulate a few times. In particular, I found important to ask about the interview when I knew they had her documents, and later to send a few extra financial support documents (copies of paychecks) one week ago, so they had everything they needed to verify my financial status.

One thing some people do not realize is that the State Dept. has all our information regarding every trip we made abroad. Therefore, by showing proof of the trips, they can verify their systems and validate that we indeed traveled and visited the country(ies) we said we did.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sounds good to me. That's what I sent and our interview is also on Sep 28.

Let's pray for that to be a good day for both!

Phil

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sounds good to me. That's what I sent and our interview is also on Sep 28.

Let's pray for that to be a good day for both!

Phil

ours is october 26th,can't wait!

One thing some people do not realize is that the State Dept. has all our information regarding every trip we made abroad. Therefore, by showing proof of the trips, they can verify their systems and validate that we indeed traveled and visited the country(ies) we said we did.

That's all well and good, but what about folks who didn't make a trip or met in a third country? Those of us who don't have money to make trip"s" and only met once within two years so as to satisfy the requirement, what about us?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

That's all well and good, but what about folks who didn't make a trip or met in a third country? Those of us who don't have money to make trip"s" and only met once within two years so as to satisfy the requirement, what about us?

I've only met one time but have pages and pages of summary logs of emails, Skype calls, text messages and international calling card receipts. Receipts adn photos of the engagement ring and other jewelry given. Plus reciepts and photos of gifts I have sent as well as Skype videosnapshots taken during our video calls. The birthday card hand written in Russian from me to her and the preregistration for preschool for the little one. All circumstantial evidence but put all together it clearly shows two people communicating together on a regular basis.

Edited by baron555

we met in a third country... so my then fiance brought the ticket stubs, both mine and his and passport stamps showing we were in the same place at the same time. they didn't look at any of the stuff anyway. the only time anyone looked at 'evidence' was during the initial petition process. i would still recommend being prepared for anything, just separate 'extra' evidence from the required documents on your checklist so your not fumbling through skype pages to find official paperwork.

Timeline

so your not fumbling through skype pages to find official paperwork.

I went to Office Depot and bought a couple of those multi pocket expandable file folders (with flip over cover).

I placed the copy of the K-1 in one and in the other, in separate pockets with labels, are the DS-230, the DS-156, the DS-156K, the G-325As, the Proof of an Ongoing Relationship of which I've described in a post above and the I-134s along with tax transcripts and a letter from my employer. For the relationship bunch of paperwork, I included a cover sheet which itemizes the contents.

So Alla can just open the folder and whip out whatever document is asked for.

Here's what I sent:

Expanding File

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I went to Office Depot and bought a couple of those multi pocket expandable file folders (with flip over cover).

I placed the copy of the K-1 in one and in the other, in separate pockets with labels, are the DS-230, the DS-156, the DS-156K, the G-325As, the Proof of an Ongoing Relationship of which I've described in a post above and the I-134s along with tax transcripts and a letter from my employer. For the relationship bunch of paperwork, I included a cover sheet which itemizes the contents.

Here's what I sent:

Expanding File

Whenever I read some of the posters in VJ I usually feel a little embarrassed. I must be either the most disorganized or the most careless person in this whole process (and probably very lucky). Not only did I give my fiancee the least amount of information necessary for her interview (as well as sending the smallest petition possible - just 30 pages in total), but I placed every piece of evidence in one "interoffice mail" envelope in no particular order.

However, I did place yellow post-it notes before every major group of papers and I told her to give the whole envelope to the interviewer so she could find anything she was looking for by herself (I wrote everything in English), because my fiancee does not know English well and would not be able to pick the right set of documents when asked for them

She did OK. B)

For AOS I do not plan to put her on the lease or make her legally responsible for any type of bill (by putting her name on them). I do not think that I should be obligated to do something that goes against my common sense (if I am financially responsible for everything, why should I go through the trouble?). Anyway, I hope that "my way" does not end up catching up with me during future legal proceedings :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
the most careless person in this whole process (and probably very lucky). Not only did I give my fiancee the least amount of information necessary for her interview (as well as sending the smallest petition possible - just 30 pages in total), but I placed every piece of evidence in one "interoffice mail" envelope in no particular order.

The person at the consulate just took all the papers and put them in the order he wanted. He checked off a list. Simplier for him, I guess. I wasn't going to argue.

I do not think that I should be obligated to do something that goes against my common sense (if I am financially responsible for everything, why should I go through the trouble?). Anyway, I hope that "my way" does not end up catching up with me during future legal proceedings :D

If she's not listed on anything then you shouldn't be obligated to pay for any of her stuff if something happens.... because it's yours! At most you'd be responsible for her "well being" and that would be a lot better than her well being and her car and her cell phone and her credit card, etc.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Here's what I sent:

Expanding File

Whenever I read some of the posters in VJ I usually feel a little embarrassed. I must be either the most disorganized or the most careless person in this whole process (and probably very lucky). Not only did I give my fiancee the least amount of information necessary for her interview (as well as sending the smallest petition possible - just 30 pages in total), but I placed every piece of evidence in one "interoffice mail" envelope in no particular order.

However, I did place yellow post-it notes before every major group of papers and I told her to give the whole envelope to the interviewer so she could find anything she was looking for by herself (I wrote everything in English), because my fiancee does not know English well and would not be able to pick the right set of documents when asked for them

She did OK. B)

For AOS I do not plan to put her on the lease or make her legally responsible for any type of bill (by putting her name on them). I do not think that I should be obligated to do something that goes against my common sense (if I am financially responsible for everything, why should I go through the trouble?). Anyway, I hope that "my way" does not end up catching up with me during future legal proceedings :D

Spot on :lol: since they don't really look at that stuff anyway unless there is a problem.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Your relationship, like ours, is obviously based on deep affection and mutual respect (or beer). I just photoshopped myself into Vika's family pictures anyway. Who is to say that I didn't attend her high school graduation? Don't judge me.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Your relationship, like ours, is obviously based on deep affection and mutual respect (or beer). I just photoshopped myself into Vika's family pictures anyway. Who is to say that I didn't attend her high school graduation? Don't judge me.

We actually met back in 2000 when we were both "young and innocent" and had a whirlwind romance. Six years later, what showed up to my door was not the same chick from back in the day. The one who's here now is nowhere near the one that was here in '06. Who knows what'll be here in 2012.

That's why we have beer. As long as we keep our deep affection and mutual respect for beer, we can make it through anything!

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.