Ney

September 2009 K-1 Visa Filers

4,349 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have read of some cases where, if the vaccinations were COMPLETED in the other country and the vaccination worksheet was marked as complete, the petition was approved without the I-693. I've also read it the other way. For us it didn't matter - Sifa's vaccinations weren't complete, so we had to get those done and have the I-693 transcribed/completed. Hopefully A&D won't run into any problems!

Oh, and the 3025 (or whatever it's called) is the vaccination worksheet. Fuat should have gotten a copy when he did his medical in Turkey, which would be what you showed to the CS to get the I-693 transcribed. If not, no biggie...you don't need to send it in with AOS if you sent the I-693. Plus I think once you are transferred to CSC they have already scanned for possible RFEs (I hope anyway! This is what Sifa & I have determined from looking at other timelines, etc.)

We ended up finally getting the biometrics letter the day after the case was transferred. Appointment is July 2, but we might try to walk in before then.

Jenn, glad you are feeling ok after this round of chemo so far!! I know losing your hair must be really difficult but sounds like you are handling it as well as possible. I'm so glad you have Fuat there with you during this time! :)

To be honest, I wondered why we had to do the 693 ( or whatever it is called) at all. We had the physical just a few months before and all vaccinations.. I see A & D asked this question also. But.. I read on something that we had to fill out section # 1 and have a civil surgeon due # 2 and #5... we had the vacinnation record. Had to show it at the embassy and had to show it at the civil surgeon. I sent a photo copy of it with the AOS packet too. But I didn't know that was the form that she was talking about. good to know.

The hair loss has been hard, I think I could deal with it easier if I didn't also have to have that stupid front tooth removed. And no Kayla.. when I post pics I will not be posting pics of my snaggle tooth :) I have a retainer I wear, that makes it look like a tooth is there, but it's pretty uncomfortable.. and can't wear it when eating and drinking. Can't have any more dental work until 3 moths after chemo, so looks like I am toothless until New Years. But no pics :)

SO much hair was fallig out today, even with my short cut, that I think it's time for the Demi Moore GI-Jane haircut. But in my case I will be GI Jenn :):)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We got a lot done today!!! We went and finally got his car registered(completely painless this time around, and that dumb broad from last time wasn't even there), opened up a completely new checking account with both of our names on it and deposited checks from his family(US Bank will deposit Canadian checks just like they are American, whoo!), I got my BC refilled and we got our marriage license. We tried to get his drivers license too, but the lady that does it wasn't there so we have to go see her tomorrow in a different town.

Overall I'm feeling much better about everything since I got 95% of it done in one day. Even had a conference call with my photographer this evening and I'm so excited about the wedding I can't stand myself. Only 17 more days to go!

I'm late but glad you're getting things done!

Round # 2 of chemo went well yesterday. They put a "port" into my chest, so I would not constantly need to be stuck with needles. For those of you who dont know.. a port is where they thread a tube through my chest into a vien. All blood draws, chemo and medication can be given this way, so I don't have to have needles and IV's all the time. My chest hurts a little, but that will pass.. and I will get used to the little tube hanging out left side of my chest. ANYTHING for not contantly having needles.

no sickness or pain from the chemo yet. Last time the pain started the first night and the sick feeling started the 3rd day... so we'll see what happens. My hair is going pretty fast now.. I cut it really short, so that it wouldn't become huge clumps in my hand while I was showering. I hate it... but am geting used to it. By the time I am used to it I will be bald :) It's come out so quickly I give it another week.

If anyone wants to see pictures of the short hair.. and the no hair when it happens.. you can go to the web page I have been using for updates. I hope to get some pics up there today. I have already uploaded pictures of the Ring Ceremony Fuat and I did with my mom and a few friends.. since we couldn't have our wedding.Pesky cancer surgery got in the way of that.

If you want to check them out, or read updates on me, feel free to go to the page. It's www.kast2006.com

For anyone who may be confused when they see the name of the page, this was the page I used when my sister had Luekemia. I refused to change the name for me, as she is helping me fight this illness...I can't see her, but I know she's here with ne.. so I share her page now.

Funny pics should be up by tonight.

Glad that chemo isn't so bad for you, that's great!

I have read of some cases where, if the vaccinations were COMPLETED in the other country and the vaccination worksheet was marked as complete, the petition was approved without the I-693. I've also read it the other way. For us it didn't matter - Sifa's vaccinations weren't complete, so we had to get those done and have the I-693 transcribed/completed. Hopefully A&D won't run into any problems!

Oh, and the 3025 (or whatever it's called) is the vaccination worksheet. Fuat should have gotten a copy when he did his medical in Turkey, which would be what you showed to the CS to get the I-693 transcribed. If not, no biggie...you don't need to send it in with AOS if you sent the I-693. Plus I think once you are transferred to CSC they have already scanned for possible RFEs (I hope anyway! This is what Sifa & I have determined from looking at other timelines, etc.)

We ended up finally getting the biometrics letter the day after the case was transferred. Appointment is July 2, but we might try to walk in before then.

Jenn, glad you are feeling ok after this round of chemo so far!! I know losing your hair must be really difficult but sounds like you are handling it as well as possible. I'm so glad you have Fuat there with you during this time! :)

You're right on what you said about the i-693 and ds-3025 but sometimes for whatever reason they will issue a rfe requesting a full medical.

Karen BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I'm jealous of you and mathew Kayla... I still haven't found the time to go apply for my social or transfer my drivers licence yet .. lol grr.

I did however, start the AOS Forms. Which I did read you need to fill out part of the 693 and have a civil surgeon verify vaccinations or something...

Forms don't look too bad... we're hoping to have them mailed in by my dead line, which is July..though I heard if you're a late that it didn't seem to be a problem..

We just got the money (im still upset about the cost).. its finding the way and time to get to the civil surgeon .. we're trying to get our car..but kenyth and I and the lady selling it to us need to get into the legal department on base in order to get it.

We're going to Florida for a little getaway next weekend, for a week, then when we come back we're having two guests for awhile - kenyth's brother and kenyth's military friend..and I finally got my two doctors appointments, one on the 29th and one on the 1st of July....

Jenn... lol what an interesting story. Lose 2lbs...lol ..#######.

I miss you guys, and I'm sorry I haven't been checking in much. Once july hits - I SHOULD have more time. Until then.. I am usually updating on facebook.

We miss you too, enjoy your mini getaway and can't wait to hear how your doc appt goes!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

We went by this information found on VJ

Q: Why are K non-immigrant visa holders asked to include a vaccination supplement when filing Form I-485 to adjust status?

Some countries allow K non-immigrant visa applicants to defer their vaccinations until after they arrive in the U.S. If the beneficiary's vaccinations were not completed as part of the visa process, it is necessary to include form I-693- part 1, part 2-vaccination section, and part 5 in the application.

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

We hope it is accurate, it seems right, and seems like it agrees with the filing instructions, we are all set for vaccinations, so we should be okay, but if we get an RFE we will be ready to respond quickly...we agree it is unclear accordong to the different sources in VJ :unsure:

that info is right, k-1's do not have to re do the 693 but as I said before, depending on who gets your case they can issue a rfe for medical :blush:

To be honest, I wondered why we had to do the 693 ( or whatever it is called) at all. We had the physical just a few months before and all vaccinations.. I see A & D asked this question also. But.. I read on something that we had to fill out section # 1 and have a civil surgeon due # 2 and #5... we had the vacinnation record. Had to show it at the embassy and had to show it at the civil surgeon. I sent a photo copy of it with the AOS packet too. But I didn't know that was the form that she was talking about. good to know.

The hair loss has been hard, I think I could deal with it easier if I didn't also have to have that stupid front tooth removed. And no Kayla.. when I post pics I will not be posting pics of my snaggle tooth :) I have a retainer I wear, that makes it look like a tooth is there, but it's pretty uncomfortable.. and can't wear it when eating and drinking. Can't have any more dental work until 3 moths after chemo, so looks like I am toothless until New Years. But no pics :)

SO much hair was fallig out today, even with my short cut, that I think it's time for the Demi Moore GI-Jane haircut. But in my case I will be GI Jenn :):)

I didn't see where Kayla asked to see pics, hmmmm. Anyhow GI Jenn :D

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh come on Jenn. Just ONE little snaggle tooth picture. ;)

After all this ordeal with you and everything I decided that after my wedding when I cut my hair I'll be donating it to Locks of Love. It's grown so much since the last time I cut it and right now I can't wait to donate it. (L)

Mathew had to take his permit test today. After we were told that he doesn't have to take his road test we found out that he DOES, in fact, have to take it. So right now he has to hold his permit for 30 days and then take the road test. I called the lady that filled out his paperwork today and she told me he can't even drive on his Canadian license anymore. A licensed driver has to be in the car at all times. I think that's #######. Booh!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I didn't see where Kayla asked to see pics, hmmmm. Anyhow GI Jenn :D

I think it was a post she wrote when I said I was having my front tooth pulled.. .she said I would be the best looking snaggle tooth in the world :)

and Kayla.... just for you... I am putting on one picture. It is the ONLY Picture that will every appear without my fake tooth in. I can almost guarantee it... but when you go to the Kast Page.. that pic will be for you... Enjoy!

And I have to tell you Kayla, I am thrilled you are donating your hair. I wanted to, but they couldn't take it because I didn't cut it before the chemo started taking effect on the texture etc. I love that Idea and am just happy you are doing it. I feel like it's a gift!

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline

I think it was a post she wrote when I said I was having my front tooth pulled.. .she said I would be the best looking snaggle tooth in the world :)

and Kayla.... just for you... I am putting on one picture. It is the ONLY Picture that will every appear without my fake tooth in. I can almost guarantee it... but when you go to the Kast Page.. that pic will be for you... Enjoy!

And I have to tell you Kayla, I am thrilled you are donating your hair. I wanted to, but they couldn't take it because I didn't cut it before the chemo started taking effect on the texture etc. I love that Idea and am just happy you are doing it. I feel like it's a gift!

well, I put the toothless pic on there for Kayla.. but the pic is so small that you can't really tell I have a missing tooth unless you englarge the picture. Kayla, if you have a problem finding it, just look for me in a pic with a purple wig on :):)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline

Happy Sunday Morning everyone...

Day # 3 after chemo and still feeling pretty good. Maybe this round is going to be a little easier. God Willing.

I put some pics on the www.kast2006.com web page the other day.. sporting my sort hair and then sporting a purple wig.. but even those are outdated now. It was just too much, so last night Fuat, my Mom and my friend Teena joined me in the bathroom for a little head shaving party ... Fuat shaved my head last night. You can offically call me GI Jenn. I tried to explain GI Joe and GI Jane ( Demi Moore) to Fuat.. but not sure he got it.

I just keep going around the house singing "true American Hero... GI Jenn...." and he just keeps laughing at me. I will get some GI Jenn shots on that web page soon.. for anyone who wants to see. Can't figure out how to post pics on here.. and still haven't turned my facebook account back on. Just can't keep up with all those messages.. and have been without it for two months now. Not missing it.. may not go back to it :):)

Anyway.. just wanted to tell everyone good morning and let them know some funny pics were out there if they wanted to see.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline

OMG I went on the kast website and saw the pics Jenn, they are funny!

I love your spirit, very nice that you feel great mama :star:

Happy Sunday Morning everyone...

Day # 3 after chemo and still feeling pretty good. Maybe this round is going to be a little easier. God Willing.

I put some pics on the www.kast2006.com web page the other day.. sporting my sort hair and then sporting a purple wig.. but even those are outdated now. It was just too much, so last night Fuat, my Mom and my friend Teena joined me in the bathroom for a little head shaving party ... Fuat shaved my head last night. You can offically call me GI Jenn. I tried to explain GI Joe and GI Jane ( Demi Moore) to Fuat.. but not sure he got it.

I just keep going around the house singing "true American Hero... GI Jenn...." and he just keeps laughing at me. I will get some GI Jenn shots on that web page soon.. for anyone who wants to see. Can't figure out how to post pics on here.. and still haven't turned my facebook account back on. Just can't keep up with all those messages.. and have been without it for two months now. Not missing it.. may not go back to it :):)

Anyway.. just wanted to tell everyone good morning and let them know some funny pics were out there if they wanted to see.

You look really nice with the short hair, and I'm not saying it to make you feel better, you really do look nice! Fuat is lucky to have a GI Jenn :yes:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline

OMG I went on the kast website and saw the pics Jenn, they are funny!

I love your spirit, very nice that you feel great mama :star:

You look really nice with the short hair, and I'm not saying it to make you feel better, you really do look nice! Fuat is lucky to have a GI Jenn :yes:

Well, if you think those are funny pics... just wait until I get the GI Jenn pics up there. I haven't put those up yet.. the short hair pics are before I had Fuat shave my head :). Fuat is lucky to have a GI Jenn.. I am lucky to have a Fuat.

Edited by Jenn and Fuat

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline

Oh Jenn I just love the pictures. <3 :D

My cousin is trying to see if he can get Mathew out of taking his drivers test, so I'm hoping that goes well.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Well, if you think those are funny pics... just wait until I get the GI Jenn pics up there. I haven't put those up yet.. the short hair pics are before I had Fuat shave my head :). Fuat is lucky to have a GI Jenn.. I am lucky to have a Fuat.

I went back again and saw the funny hat pic, cute!!!

Oh Jenn I just love the pictures. <3 :D

My cousin is trying to see if he can get Mathew out of taking his drivers test, so I'm hoping that goes well.

Goodluck!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline

Can't believe it's been 4 days since anyone posted in this thread. :( Makes me sad.

7 days left until the wedding.

A little disaster struck last night. I'm doing little fish bowls for my centerpieces(yea I know I chance my mind lots) filled with that deco gel stuff and with a floralyte inside of them. Well, I had just gotten in the shipment of deco gel that I thought was supposed to be purple but when I added water to it and it expanded it looks red/pinkish and the floralyte does not shine through it AT ALL. So at midnight last night I'm freaking out on what to do and Mathew kept trying to calm me down. I had to order 8 more bags of the deco gel pearls that I KNOW actually turn into purple but I'm scared it wont be here before my wedding. It's only coming from Ohio and I've gotten them in a couple of days before but what can go wrong, will go wrong. Booh!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I keep thinking about you and your wedding and was wondering how you were doing. I've been checking the site everyday, as I am pretty ill this week and stuck in bed, but not much activity :(:(

But.. that doesn't mean we aren't all still thinking about each other. I will be thinking about you every day and hoping the purple stuff gets here in time :):)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline

Can't believe it's been 4 days since anyone posted in this thread. :( Makes me sad.

7 days left until the wedding.

A little disaster struck last night. I'm doing little fish bowls for my centerpieces(yea I know I chance my mind lots) filled with that deco gel stuff and with a floralyte inside of them. Well, I had just gotten in the shipment of deco gel that I thought was supposed to be purple but when I added water to it and it expanded it looks red/pinkish and the floralyte does not shine through it AT ALL. So at midnight last night I'm freaking out on what to do and Mathew kept trying to calm me down. I had to order 8 more bags of the deco gel pearls that I KNOW actually turn into purple but I'm scared it wont be here before my wedding. It's only coming from Ohio and I've gotten them in a couple of days before but what can go wrong, will go wrong. Booh!

Ouch I hope it comes in time!!

I think we post less because our SO is here now and we just have so much to do. And also because our SO isn't working so as soon as we get home from work we're with our SO's :blush:

But I check here everyday...

I keep thinking about you and your wedding and was wondering how you were doing. I've been checking the site everyday, as I am pretty ill this week and stuck in bed, but not much activity :(:(

But.. that doesn't mean we aren't all still thinking about each other. I will be thinking about you every day and hoping the purple stuff gets here in time :):)

So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well, hope you feel better soon :star:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline

This last week was really rough, but feeling better now. I may actually be able to go back to work by the weekend!!!

Whoever thought someone could be so happy to be able to go to work. You would think I was the one with the visa waiting for the EAD :)

KAYLA.... Just a few more days. Oh I can't wait to see pictures.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.