83 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The one positive thing you have in your favor is that you filed a fiance petition. So you atleast can go and get married and file CR1 petition. My fiance petition was sent back to uscis, and I went and got married. Praise be to ALLAH my CR1 petition went through really fast. To fight the fiance petition can take forever and a moon. Find out all what you need to have and go get married. I've never known anybody who got denied 2x. So there is some light at the end of the tunnel. And regardless of what the CO said, you are beutiful, with or without your upper dentures. If your fiance accepts you the way you are who the heck is the CO to judge the sincerity of your relationship. Don't let this situation put you in a deep depression. Put your energy into getting married and filing CR1 petition.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Going to be completely honest with OP, looking at the pic from your profile you do not look your age at all. I am 40 also and you look older than my mom. That DOES NOT give the CO the right to deny based on age though - NOT AT ALL. As others have said, contact Mark Ellis.

WhidbeyGirl, why would you kick a person when the are down?

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I'm sorry to hear that. But I'd like to see the pic... it's hard to believe that they'd base their decision on a picture. How many pics did you send? Did she comment on only one pic, or did she comment on all of them?

I agree, hard to believe because so many people here say that pics are only secondary evidence and not important. So how come a pic suddenly can become so important if it is only secondary evidence. Did you tell the CO that?

Best wishes to you, and hope you can stop them before they return your packet. Call Mark Ellis like previously recommended.

I just emailed him. Got an auto type response with a phone number. I will try it tomorrow.

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
Going to be completely honest with OP, looking at the pic from your profile you do not look your age at all. I am 40 also and you look older than my mom. That DOES NOT give the CO the right to deny based on age though - NOT AT ALL. As others have said, contact Mark Ellis.

I was thinking the same thing - that was absolutely awful.

I really hate it when people rush to judge. If he wants her, and she wants him, that's their business. Just because one person thinks they may not "look right" together, does that mean that they don't deserved to be loved, or deserve to choose?

I was thinking the same thing - that was absolutely awful.

I really hate it when people rush to judge. If he wants her, and she wants him, that's their business. Just because one person thinks they may not "look right" together, does that mean that they don't deserved to be loved, or deserve to choose?

Marc Ellis is also on VJ his name on VJ is ellis-island!! Send him a PM also.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I'm sorry to hear that. But I'd like to see the pic... it's hard to believe that they'd base their decision on a picture. How many pics did you send? Did she comment on only one pic, or did she comment on all of them?

I agree, hard to believe because so many people here say that pics are only secondary evidence and not important. So how come a pic suddenly can become so important if it is only secondary evidence. Did you tell the CO that?

Best wishes to you, and hope you can stop them before they return your packet. Call Mark Ellis like previously recommended.

Pics were the ONLY proof Amman wanted from us. They asked for pics of us and then pics showing me with his family.

I think they focus alot on that there. Its still utter BS that the CO said all of that

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Good people,

I haven't seen the photo, and, frankly, I don't believe it matters much how pretty or how young the OP looks. Try to put yourselves in the shoes of the IO who had the file on his or her desk. A 25 year-old guy from a poor country meets a 40 year-old woman from a rich country . . . ONCE . . . then on the spot proposes to marry her?

If YOU, yes YOU, were a 25 year old guy, go out to a bar, meet a 40 year-old woman you really like (you can't really love someone after a meeting of a few hours), and immediately propose to her . . . don't you think that's a red flag the size of a circus tent? I do.

Let's play devil's advocate once more, and switch genders. An American gentleman travels to Asia and meets this mesmerizing, 20 year younger woman. Would he propose to her, right on the spot? Perhaps he would. But assume the girl says "yes" to him, right then and there, don't you think that an IO reviewing the case would assume the girl's reason for wanting to marry this older guy she has only met once is to get a ticket to the US of A? I do.

Of course, there are cases were true and lasting relationships between couples with huge age differences exist, but viewed through the eyes of an IO, they are the exceptions. And, of course there is such a thing as love at first sight, but viewed through the eyes of an IO, they are exceptions as well. Now combine age difference, plus having met only once, and you have a case as rare as a lottery win. I can't really blame the IO for his/her decision, even if it's not "fair" and hurts the OP.

My advise to the OP: show that you have a real relationship, by keeping it alive for a year or two, meeting a few times, sending each other "love letters" and so on. Do what couples who are in love and want to marry usually do. People usually don't marry someone they met only once without having a heck of a reason to do so.

Not totally playing devil's advocate but looking at it in a logical way. I agree. It's not just solely based on how you looked like in the picture. Maybe with just the way the IO phrased her reason why she is resending your case to NVC. It is easy to say and to prove to friends, acquaintance or anyone else in the family that you LOVE a person. But for someone getting an entry to another country, especially with the long long history of people doing an "arranged" marriage / mail-to-order spouses for the sake of the visa, you do need to prove an ongoing and legitimate relationship.

I am from the Philippines and girls my age who met an older man online has been denied not just because of the pictures (which shows age difference). Another thing is despite having IM's and emails and letters, it was viewed as marriage for the sake of the visa because not all couples communicate too well (I'd hate to admit: the girl usually do not speak English too well). In the eyes of the IO, how is the proposal legit when they can barely express their feelings to each other? I have a friend who was denied even if her fiance was right there with her during the interview, the guy's 10yrs older as well. It is not because they are discriminating people who do not speak English too well but because it is true, I'm sure YOU will agree, how will you get to know a person if you can barely understand what s/he says or what s/he thinks about you?

What they did was they got married here and worked on getting a spousal visa (K3) instead.

Ally and Moh, I am so sorry to read about this. I also agree on previous posts advising you to go get married instead or go be there with him when you are finally able to arrange a second interview (if you can.) Good luck! Just hang in there. Keep us posted.

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 22 -- Interview @USEM

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Nov 10 -- US Entry ; POE: Seattle, WA

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Feb 11 -- [i-485] AOS; EAD; AP sent

Feb 19 -- NOA1 : AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 23 -- NOA 2: AOS & EAD

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

Apr 09 -- EAD Approval date - waiting for hardcopy

Apr 18 -- EAD Card received

Apr 20 -- NOA 2 - interview schedule

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

June 11 -- Wedding Ceremony ^^

"There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower..

And those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes."

"Hopscotch and Tears" by Becka Woolf, Chickensoup for the Teenage Soul

Timeline
Good people,

I haven't seen the photo, and, frankly, I don't believe it matters much how pretty or how young the OP looks. Try to put yourselves in the shoes of the IO who had the file on his or her desk. A 25 year-old guy from a poor country meets a 40 year-old woman from a rich country . . . ONCE . . . then on the spot proposes to marry her?

If YOU, yes YOU, were a 25 year old guy, go out to a bar, meet a 40 year-old woman you really like (you can't really love someone after a meeting of a few hours), and immediately propose to her . . . don't you think that's a red flag the size of a circus tent? I do.

Let's play devil's advocate once more, and switch genders. An American gentleman travels to Asia and meets this mesmerizing, 20 year younger woman. Would he propose to her, right on the spot? Perhaps he would. But assume the girl says "yes" to him, right then and there, don't you think that an IO reviewing the case would assume the girl's reason for wanting to marry this older guy she has only met once is to get a ticket to the US of A? I do.

Of course, there are cases were true and lasting relationships between couples with huge age differences exist, but viewed through the eyes of an IO, they are the exceptions. And, of course there is such a thing as love at first sight, but viewed through the eyes of an IO, they are exceptions as well. Now combine age difference, plus having met only once, and you have a case as rare as a lottery win. I can't really blame the IO for his/her decision, even if it's not "fair" and hurts the OP.

My advise to the OP: show that you have a real relationship, by keeping it alive for a year or two, meeting a few times, sending each other "love letters" and so on. Do what couples who are in love and want to marry usually do. People usually don't marry someone they met only once without having a heck of a reason to do so.

Not totally playing devil's advocate but looking at it in a logical way. I agree. It's not just solely based on how you looked like in the picture. Maybe with just the way the IO phrased her reason why she is resending your case to NVC. It is easy to say and to prove to friends, acquaintance or anyone else in the family that you LOVE a person. But for someone getting an entry to another country, especially with the long long history of people doing an "arranged" marriage / mail-to-order spouses for the sake of the visa, you do need to prove an ongoing and legitimate relationship.

I am from the Philippines and girls my age who met an older man online has been denied not just because of the pictures (which shows age difference). Another thing is despite having IM's and emails and letters, it was viewed as marriage for the sake of the visa because not all couples communicate too well (I'd hate to admit: the girl usually do not speak English too well). In the eyes of the IO, how is the proposal legit when they can barely express their feelings to each other? I have a friend who was denied even if her fiance was right there with her during the interview, the guy's 10yrs older as well. It is not because they are discriminating people who do not speak English too well but because it is true, I'm sure YOU will agree, how will you get to know a person if you can barely understand what s/he says or what s/he thinks about you?

What they did was they got married here and worked on getting a spousal visa (K3) instead.

Ally and Moh, I am so sorry to read about this. I also agree on previous posts advising you to go get married instead or go be there with him when you are finally able to arrange a second interview (if you can.) Good luck! Just hang in there. Keep us posted.

So if I do go marry him at the end of the month... whats the next step???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

In case you missed my previous post, it would be a very good idea for you to visit this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

Returned petitions are a common occurrence in Middle East/North Africa countries and many there will be able to give you more specific guidance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear of what happened to you. I have always been an advocate against putting too much power in someone's hands determining other people's happiness.

What reading I have done on VJ on cases where it got denied for 221(g), some managed to fight them and some waited months for it to go back to the states only to have the petition expire or 'die'. Some managed to get their cases reaffirmed again by USCIS in the states after being recommended for revocation from the embassy.

Whatever it is, those cases took a long, long time to fight. In my opinion it will be faster to get married and file the CR-1 if speed is the issue. On the plus side, he won't have to do AOS later and can work immediately as soon as he reaches US.

I could be wrong. It's best to use the search on these forums and search 'visa denied' or '221(g)' and read every case you can, particularly those in from your country, if any. Then make an informed decision on your own.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Sorry to hear your visa was denied. Like I told me fiance before we went to the embassy in Peru. If we get denied I am moving to Peru. So hey, if you love the guy move to Jordan and keep trying for the visa. Good luck.

OMG.... my fiance just had his interview in Jordan... things were going fine and suddenly when the CO saw our pics, she decided he was only marrying me for the visa because of our age difference! I am 15 years older, and i was not wearing my false plate in the picture, so he was only marrying me for the visa, according to her. She kept telling him "she has no teeth" He was so upset, he is not even sure if we are denied or what. What can we do? I am soooooo upset. I don't know what to do.

In case you missed my previous post, it would be a very good idea for you to visit this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

Returned petitions are a common occurrence in Middle East/North Africa countries and many there will be able to give you more specific guidance.

i think i missed one information i should have asked: when does your petition expire? but if the expiration for the petition is soon, then you will have to get a waiver for extension of the petition which will add up to the processing time.

i am not sure if the waiver had to be applied if you are going to ask for reconsideration. i'll get back to you on that.

after you get married, you can file for a spousal visa which is K3 instead of K1, which has the same 5month processing time.. here is the general guide for K3:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=301

i would say though: RELAX. BREATHE. dont jump the gun by flying over to him and get married at once. it is case to case basis so do more research on what's the next best step to do. Jenn's post is very helpful but consider the timeframe as well. good luck and keep us posted. we are here for you! :)

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

Culture, I am so sorry to read about your case. Work on the paperworks they requested so that you can clear it ASAP. I hope things will work out fine. Keeping a positive attitude helps a lot. Good luck everyone, I'll try to find other information on how to help out. You are in my prayers. :luv:

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

Timeline

i think i missed one information i should have asked: when does your petition expire? but if the expiration for the petition is soon, then you will have to get a waiver for extension of the petition which will add up to the processing time.

i am not sure if the waiver had to be applied if you are going to ask for reconsideration. i'll get back to you on that.

after you get married, you can file for a spousal visa which is K3 instead of K1, which has the same 5month processing time.. here is the general guide for K3:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=301

i would say though: RELAX. BREATHE. dont jump the gun by flying over to him and get married at once. it is case to case basis so do more research on what's the next best step to do. Jenn's post is very helpful but consider the timeframe as well. good luck and keep us posted. we are here for you! :)

The expiration is a problem I think. It is Sept 22 and I have no idea how to extend it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG.... my fiance just had his interview in Jordan... things were going fine and suddenly when the CO saw our pics, she decided he was only marrying me for the visa because of our age difference! I am 15 years older, and i was not wearing my false plate in the picture, so he was only marrying me for the visa, according to her. She kept telling him "she has no teeth" He was so upset, he is not even sure if we are denied or what. What can we do? I am soooooo upset. I don't know what to do.

Keep the faith

JNR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.