83 posts in this topic

I'm sorry to hear about this (F). I hope that everything works out for you both. Sounds like your getting some good advice here. Keep us posted.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Going to be completely honest with OP, looking at the pic from your profile you do not look your age at all. I am 40 also and you look older than my mom. That DOES NOT give the CO the right to deny based on age though - NOT AT ALL. As others have said, contact Mark Ellis.

WhidbeyGirl, why would you kick a person when the are down?

I was thinking the same thing - that was absolutely awful.

I really hate it when people rush to judge. If he wants her, and she wants him, that's their business. Just because one person thinks they may not "look right" together, does that mean that they don't deserved to be loved, or deserve to choose?

Marc Ellis is also on VJ his name on VJ is ellis-island!! Send him a PM also.

i really hate it too when people rush to react without reading carefully. "I think she meant to say , looking at the pic from your profile you do not look your age at all. I am 40 also and [you = I] look older than my mom." Can we please stop reposting this and focus on the more important notes that Ally needs to know? Dont keep focusing on the negative thing WHICH I AM SURE IS A TYPO then you wont understand. READ ON THE SENTENCE PRIOR TO THAT. She said : you do not look your age at all. Cut it out guys mad.gif Whidbeygirl was trying to help her out and even suggested on contacting Mark Ellis to help her out. This means she was not bringing her down, IT WAS A FREAKING TYPO. mad.gif please read first the whole thought of Whidbeygirl's post!

Edited by Mystic Heart

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 22 -- Interview @USEM

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Nov 10 -- US Entry ; POE: Seattle, WA

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Feb 11 -- [i-485] AOS; EAD; AP sent

Feb 19 -- NOA1 : AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 23 -- NOA 2: AOS & EAD

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

Apr 09 -- EAD Approval date - waiting for hardcopy

Apr 18 -- EAD Card received

Apr 20 -- NOA 2 - interview schedule

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

June 11 -- Wedding Ceremony ^^

"There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower..

And those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes."

"Hopscotch and Tears" by Becka Woolf, Chickensoup for the Teenage Soul

Going to be completely honest with OP, looking at the pic from your profile you do not look your age at all. I am 40 also and you look older than my mom. That DOES NOT give the CO the right to deny based on age though - NOT AT ALL. As others have said, contact Mark Ellis.

I really hate it when people rush to judge. If he wants her, and she wants him, that's their business. Just because one person thinks they may not "look right" together, does that mean that they don't deserved to be loved, or deserve to choose?

i really hate it too when people rush to react without reading carefully. "I think she meant to say , looking at the pic from your profile you do not look your age at all. I am 40 also and [you = I] look older than my mom." Can we please stop reposting this and focus on the more important notes that Ally needs to know? Dont keep focusing on the negative thing WHICH I AM SURE IS A TYPO then you wont understand. READ ON THE SENTENCE PRIOR TO THAT. She said : you do not look your age at all. Cut it out guys mad.gif Whidbeygirl was trying to help her out and even suggested on contacting Mark Ellis to help her out. This means she was not bringing her down, IT WAS A FREAKING TYPO. mad.gif please read first the whole thought of Whidbeygirl's post!

Thanks Mystic Heart

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow that is terrible! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not the CO! There is 20 years difference between my husband and I. Our interview is next week and I will be there with him. They better not in any way try to tell me that they are denying us based on our age difference or because they think one of us is better looking than the other! :angry:

I know thats right!!! There is a 16 year age difference for us! hmph!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The one positive thing you have in your favor is that you filed a fiance petition. So you atleast can go and get married and file CR1 petition. My fiance petition was sent back to uscis, and I went and got married. Praise be to ALLAH my CR1 petition went through really fast. To fight the fiance petition can take forever and a moon. Find out all what you need to have and go get married. I've never known anybody who got denied 2x. So there is some light at the end of the tunnel. And regardless of what the CO said, you are beutiful, with or without your upper dentures. If your fiance accepts you the way you are who the heck is the CO to judge the sincerity of your relationship. Don't let this situation put you in a deep depression. Put your energy into getting married and filing CR1 petition.

Well put!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

the next sentence says "that does not give the CO the right to deny based on age"

I think your heart is in the right place trying to smooth it over, but really, put it in context...she meant it exactly the way everyone took it. I've never seen any nasty posts from whidbeygirl, so i'd like to think that she didnt mean to hurt. the good intention was there....it just came out horribly,horribly wrong.

ok :ot2: ...sorry Allie :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

NP Whidbeygirl. i make a lot of mistakes too especially when I am so enraged with a topic that I am replying to! :lol: And yes, I put it all in context and from the first time i read it I already figured she meant well, hence, she DIDN'T mean it "exactly the way everyone took it. " :ot1:

moving on... :ot2: I am so greatly disappointed and personally offended with how it went with Ally's case and OMG I hope that everything will be okay. Ally, just put in mind that when God closes a door, he opens a window. Good luck and let me know if there's any information you would need and I'll help you research about it. :yes:

:luv: Iya

Edited by Mystic Heart

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 22 -- Interview @USEM

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Nov 10 -- US Entry ; POE: Seattle, WA

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Feb 11 -- [i-485] AOS; EAD; AP sent

Feb 19 -- NOA1 : AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 23 -- NOA 2: AOS & EAD

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

Apr 09 -- EAD Approval date - waiting for hardcopy

Apr 18 -- EAD Card received

Apr 20 -- NOA 2 - interview schedule

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

June 11 -- Wedding Ceremony ^^

"There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower..

And those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes."

"Hopscotch and Tears" by Becka Woolf, Chickensoup for the Teenage Soul

The expiration is a problem I think. It is Sept 22 and I have no idea how to extend it.

The consulate can revalidate the petition if the approval expires. They will require a letter from the petitioner requesting the extension and reaffirming intent to marry. Some consulates require this to be notarized, others don't.

VisaJourney Example Forms: Request to Extend Approval of I-129F

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your first step is to contact your local representative and request that they talk to the consulate, and to try to convince them to look at your case again. Send letters of support of your relationship to them, and push like no other to keep it there. If this is not successful I suggest you read the thread that Jenn posted. This thread is filled with tons of advice on how to go forward with this. At one time however they were not canceling the I-129f's, but from what I understand they are now. If that is what happens I think the next logical step would be to fly there and get married. Have a big wedding and invite lots of family and friends. Take tons of pictures of you and him, as well as with family. Make sure to save proof of an ongoing relationship.

Just so you know many of us has had this happen. I know of one couple who split up, one that was denied on the second interview, but the rest of us has been approved. This is not a process for the weak. There was many times that my husband and I were ready to give up. He wanted me to move there, but I wouldn't. So we stuck it out and we won.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Your first step is to contact your local representative and request that they talk to the consulate, and to try to convince them to look at your case again. Send letters of support of your relationship to them, and push like no other to keep it there. If this is not successful I suggest you read the thread that Jenn posted. This thread is filled with tons of advice on how to go forward with this. At one time however they were not canceling the I-129f's, but from what I understand they are now. If that is what happens I think the next logical step would be to fly there and get married. Have a big wedding and invite lots of family and friends. Take tons of pictures of you and him, as well as with family. Make sure to save proof of an ongoing relationship.

Just so you know many of us has had this happen. I know of one couple who split up, one that was denied on the second interview, but the rest of us has been approved. This is not a process for the weak. There was many times that my husband and I were ready to give up. He wanted me to move there, but I wouldn't. So we stuck it out and we won.

OK. So this is the plan we are working on. I am going to Jordan in about 4-5 weeks and we will marry. However there will not be a big wedding or anything because it is not what we want and his family is not behind this 100% and we are not of the same religion. So its just too hard. There still will not be ALOT of wedding pics, but we will get pics of us and with his family at other times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OK. So this is the plan we are working on. I am going to Jordan in about 4-5 weeks and we will marry. However there will not be a big wedding or anything because it is not what we want and his family is not behind this 100% and we are not of the same religion. So its just too hard. There still will not be ALOT of wedding pics, but we will get pics of us and with his family at other times.

Honestly, that might be a problem. I mean if they think your relationship was a sham to begin with, why would getting married change anything? And also, why would you not have a lot of pics? You should have many pictures together, as well as pics with his family.

05/15/09 - Sent in I-129F

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

I think you are making a mistake in your course of action. RIGHT NOW you should be on the phone with your Congressman and your Senators. Fight to get a second interview. Tell your reps YOU have been discriminated against due to your age and appearance. If this does not work then consider getting married and filing a K3 or CR1....but it could still be denied for the same reason. If you do decide to go the K3/Cr1 route then I would recommend making 1-2 trips (saving ALL documentation)to visit with your SO THEN marry. Just my thoughts.

Edited by Maverick64

Timeline

Ally,

When Yazied interviewed, the main(and only) thing that the CO wanted was pics of us, more specifically...me and his family at our wedding party. The family's approval is very important in their culture and the consulate knows that...

Even though his family is not "100% behind it" maybe some siblings and aunts can throw a small wedding party at least ??

Im telling you that is he interviews for a spousal visa(with a denied k1 visa for the belief that your relationship was for immi purposes) without pics of you and his family...you are going to have a hell of a time again. Are his parents so against it that they wont even see you while you're there? can you get a bunch of pics with them during you trip(even if its not at a wedding party)?

can you go live there and file DCF? maybe his parents will chill out if they see you living well there and taking good care of their son. Does he have any men in his family that have married older women, that might help his "cause" explaining to his parents... i dont know, just thinking out loud here.

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

not a big wedding (Is this against the culture? If yes, RED FLAG)

his family not behind you (RED FLAG)

Not the same religion (RED FLAG)

Not even "compatible" religions? (RED FLAG!!!!)

Ally, be smart about this. You have a whole forum here with info on what the COs want to see. You're forewarned, which is forearmed. Don't tie your hands behind your back! You can make things go the way which will make your future petition/visa application go smoothly. Don't put your head in the sand about these issues. You need to know about them, research them, and most importantly mitigate them. To do otherwise is just setting up for another denial, and it seems like right now you are just ignoring them. A marriage certificate won't make them disappear.

Best of luck and Happy Wedding!! :)

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

Nik +Heather had some wise words Ally.

But:

I dont think the religion is a big issue at all... they are more than used to seeing that.

and you dont have to have a big wedding party in order to have lots of pictures. Not everyone has the money to throw a wedding party in a hall and invite 100 people. ;) so that is not an issue either....its all in the pics and who attended.

Listen, people with "red flags" get approved all the time...but its wise to make sure you address YOUR red flags in the beginning.

You guys had a short courtship...ok, now its been a year and you're planning to marry

You are older..if he is put on the spot again, make sure he can defend you, and say with complete confidence and conviction that it doesnt matter to him. Its possible that the CO was trying to trip him up and his reaction was such shock that he said nothing(which made the CO make the decision that she did)

The family doesnt approve---well, this one is hard and I hope you can overcome it.

Plan this out hun, think about how to tackle these "red flags" and then go for it.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.