TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ally,

Im so sorry to be reading this for you.

I dont have any experience with a denial through Amman, but I do know they respond to emails pretty quickly....hopefully thats also the case when you've been denied.

Try to keep it there and ask for a supervisor to ok another interview.

I think you guys had a few "red flags" if I remember right. Did they ask anything else? Did he freeze up when she started commenting about the pics? Maybe, with another interview he can address the red flags and answer with confidence.

(F)

Again, Im sorry.. I cant imagine how you must feel

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
She has a pic in her profile.

Oops, sorry about that. I don't see much wrong with the pic (if that's the one you sent). But I saw that you're 40 y/o Female, making him 25 y/o Male.... that is kind of suspicious. I don't think the age difference would be a problem if he was the 40 y/o and you were 25. I suggest you go and visit him as much as you can and take many pics. I mean, you just have to prove that it's a legitimate relationship.

good luck with everything, i hope it all works out.

05/15/09 - Sent in I-129F

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Going to be completely honest with OP, looking at the pic from your profile you do not look your age at all. I am 40 also and you look older than my mom. That DOES NOT give the CO the right to deny based on age though - NOT AT ALL. As others have said, contact Mark Ellis.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Going to be completely honest with OP, looking at the pic from your profile you do not look your age at all. I am 40 also and you look older than my mom. That DOES NOT give the CO the right to deny based on age though - NOT AT ALL. As others have said, contact Mark Ellis.

uncalled for...

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

op, i am sorry for your situation. i know the pains of getting a k1 denied. seems like all hopes are dashed. but cheer up. there is a way to get around this stumbling block. they have to have given your fiance a form (221g) stating exactly why they feel he was unable to receive the visa. ours was for lack of relationship proof. what ever the concrete reason (cannot be solely based on age difference) you have to overcome the denial. you can contact your congressman (it was unhelpful for us, but i have seen it work in other cases). but marc ellis is well-versed on the subject, and he has gone thru this several times (ellis-island on vj). do everything you can think of to keep it in the consulate. if it makes it back, again, there are ways to overcome. you can read the pinned topic at the top of MENA, kiyah is very helpful on the subject also.

many people have been in your situation (i am currently) and they have overcome. so can you. good luck, and God bless :thumbs:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
age was an issue and because you only made one trip...

I only made one trip....

maybe combined with other "issues" the CO saw, but one trip alone does not constitute an issue or red flag.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You just need to fight it hard and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I only made one trip....

maybe combined with other "issues" the CO saw, but one trip alone does not constitute an issue or red flag.

right, other issue was age....

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please try and keep comments helpful for the OP and offer useful information for her situation. Thank you.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I only made one trip....

I don't see why it wouldn't be an issue or a flag in itself. I mean I am sorry it happened to you guys but I am just being realistic and honest.

I love my husband with all my heart and I trust him with my life, but there were moments when I had to take a step back and evaluate our choices because I see the man once a year!!!! And mind you, we have been together for 6 years.

So if I had my doubts from time to time being "actively involved in that relationship" and I know the man inside out and he knows me the same, then I don't see how you can be so convinced that a singular meeting between two people before they take the plunge right away, why wouldn't that raise eyebrows for outsiders ( embassy)? They have every right to be doubtful of that, it is their job to be suspicious and it is your job to prove you genuinely love one another, so in my humble opinion, your comment is a little naive.

Best of luck to all of you guys, I hope you are united with your loved ones soon!

12/05/11.......................Filed I-751

12/06/11.......................NOA

01/03/12......................BIO

09/10/12..................... Approved

09/21/12..................... Received GC

call the embassy! make sure your case stays there...is there any way you can go out there? i guess also find out if it's been denied for sure...did they take his passport?

I have emailed them. They wont answer calls. I know from trying to get info about the interview. First she told him she was sending it back to the processing center, then she told him she was denying it, so I have no idea. He got a 221 form but there is no reason on it... should there be?

When I emailed, I said I felt we had been discriminated against based solely on my appearance because thats what she kept talking about was how old I looked and asked very little about us and talked about how handsome he was.

I asked for appeal. I hope that was the right thing.

Hubs should have asked to speak with her supervisor and let them know he feels he is being sexually harassed. He could have asked for someone else to conduct the interview. Once you feel strong discrimination against you or your case, you don't stay embarassed or keep your mouth shut, you scream on top of your lungs that you want justice. I know that's what I would do, I wouldn't humbly take my blue slip and walk out, hel* no!

12/05/11.......................Filed I-751

12/06/11.......................NOA

01/03/12......................BIO

09/10/12..................... Approved

09/21/12..................... Received GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So sorry to hear this horrible news. Contact your senator and try to stop the petition from leaving the CO.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
call the embassy! make sure your case stays there...is there any way you can go out there? i guess also find out if it's been denied for sure...did they take his passport?

I have emailed them. They wont answer calls. I know from trying to get info about the interview. First she told him she was sending it back to the processing center, then she told him she was denying it, so I have no idea. He got a 221 form but there is no reason on it... should there be?

When I emailed, I said I felt we had been discriminated against based solely on my appearance because thats what she kept talking about was how old I looked and asked very little about us and talked about how handsome he was.

I asked for appeal. I hope that was the right thing.

please come back with any updates so we know the outcome.. that is so sad and unfair.

I am talking to him now. The 221 form says we are a sham relationship and its going back to NVC.

Can someone please tell me what happens now?

I feel so lost. I can't breathe.

You should read the following pinned thread in the MENA forum regarding returned petitions: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.