Dr. A ♥ O

VJ-MENA meetup in Las Vegas?

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:D That is so awesome! I'm still waiting on Waleed's visa in hand but I have a very good feeling he's coming soon since 2 others already got their visas like they said. Please, please, please let him come in October I want to book the tickets now too!

Waleed loves Khaled too!

*crossing fingers* :dance:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna send the link to hubster and see what he thinks :) I'd love to go!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

We just got back from 4 days in Vegas - it was wonderful. I only did a little bit of gambling - but we're Catholic and we'll raffle anything. :devil: hehe...Aside from that, I saw the signs for the Sahra event. It looked awesome! We stayed at the Monte Carlo (nice but rooms need updating). I will say though that I never saw so many fake hooters in my life!!! And I live in Florida, so that says lots. :blink: I hope you all have an awesome time...wish we could go again. <sigh>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey Vegas Gals ~ I will be there next week for The Belly Dance Intensive and bringing my son for his 21st B-day present !!

Viva Raks Vegas !!!

YAY! I wish I was going but there is no way to get away during Ramadan and my BIL here. Miss you! :)

I will call you from there, Annie (F) I am hoping between the heat and dancing to lose 10 more lbs. :luv:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Hey Vegas Gals ~ I will be there next week for The Belly Dance Intensive and bringing my son for his 21st B-day present !!

Viva Raks Vegas !!!

YAY! I wish I was going but there is no way to get away during Ramadan and my BIL here. Miss you! :)

I will call you from there, Annie (F) I am hoping between the heat and dancing to lose 10 more lbs. :luv:

I'm sure! It's very very hot here still so I'm sure Vegas will give you the same weather... ughh. :) I could never lose weight in Vegas! LOL Toooo many good places to eat! :P(L)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey, where will you all be staying? the MGM Grand hotel (i think that's what it's called).

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Hey, where will you all be staying? the MGM Grand hotel (i think that's what it's called).

Yes. It's pretty nice. I love Paris and Cesars but the concert is at MGM so it seems best to be at the same place. :)

However, if you research online many of the other hotels are having great deals now...like Luxor, Bally's and a few others. I was shocked at cheap rates even for weekends.

Edited by Nawal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ok, well let me know where you stay. I want it to be a romantic weekend with a jacuzzi in the hotel room inshallah...ok you get the point lol...I've also never been to Las Vegas before.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Ok, well let me know where you stay. I want it to be a romantic weekend with a jacuzzi in the hotel room inshallah...ok you get the point lol...I've also never been to Las Vegas before.

Awwwww, Kenza - that's so sweet and so much fun. I know I shouldn't go there, but I will...that's where you wind up with the hijab spinning around on the ceiling fan. :blush::devil: You know I luvz ya, honey! :thumbs:

It will be the week after we get back from our cruise but i will mention it to Hasan since he love Vegas just maybe.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mom and I were searching online tonight and we're thinking to book a room at Excalibur because of the rates and it's across the street from the MGM but my only question is how does this affect ticket prices for the concert? We're thinking the cheapest are $65 a piece with tax but not sure. :unsure: I have to buy my plane tickets now to get good rates so I'm going with Southwest since if we have to cancel they credit us and I can use it later for up to a year. After looking at room prices I'm looking at staying from Nov. 20th-Nov 24th with us flying back that Tuesday.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Night and day I'm listening to Wust el Balad and I just found this video where Assala, one of the main stars at this upcoming concert, is singing Wust el Balad's song Anntika on stage with them so I think this has to be the concert in November Adham was talking about! Assala must have invited them! Waleed hasn't been able to reach Adham still. He guesses because of Ramadan being a busy month for them because they are requested (and all singers actually) to play after breakfast in what they call Ramadanian tents, which is like open shows in hotels and resorts where people (mostly rich) go to spend their time after breakfast till dawn. He said last Ramadan there he remembers they were playing daily in the tent of Semiramis Hotel in City Stars.

Love this video if it's anything like the preview we're going to get at the concert! :dance:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Ok! Found the site to buy tickets if you stay somewhere else other than MGM. Grand Garden Arena

We'll be in the $52.50 section. :P

Mom says if we stay at the MGM we get better tickets and probably two per room.

The SAHRA FEATURING KHALED, ASSALA NASRI & RIDA AL ABDULLA event is at the bottom of the page if you scroll down.

Hey Annie when you book MGM will you ask them what section their tickets are in for us please? Then we might know if it's a better deal or not to stay there or somewhere else.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.