kballtex

NVC September - 2009 Edition

2,912 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Sorry, I was out on a photo shoot today and just got back online....

OK... So I got from the previous posts that they want a f***** photo copy of the originals I sent with the 230 package... My question is, r they gonna give me an RFE to make photocopies of the documents that THEY have??? Or do ya think they will spring for making a copy for themselves?? I have a 2 copies (1 for me one for my husband) but I dont want to send it unsolicited???

From the text I understood that you send the Originals or a Certified copy, not a set of photocopied package?? :bonk: Any thoughts

I understood and was told send the packet of DS-230 of originals and or certified copies, then enclose a whoe seprate photo copy of the entire packet and this is IF you only want the orignals/certified copies back at the interview. This is what I did.

So I will have my other half bring a set of the DS 230 to the interview, if they need to keep the certified copies... Thats fine too, we can always get another set in italy if we ever need them in the future.... Thanks for the info... Had me a bit of a palpatation when I started seeing the posts that I needed to submit a set... Guess it will be OK...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hmm... so, I got an automated response within like 15 minutes of sending my e-mail DS-3032, but when I called them tonight, they said they had no way of knowing when the DS-3032 would be accepted. Did you guys get any confirmation that the DS-3032 had been processed? Or did you just have to call until they said: "Yep, we got it." ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
So I will have my other half bring a set of the DS 230 to the interview, if they need to keep the certified copies... Thats fine too, we can always get another set in italy if we ever need them in the future.... Thanks for the info... Had me a bit of a palpatation when I started seeing the posts that I needed to submit a set... Guess it will be OK...

Christeen:

One thing worth noting is that this documentation is only needed if you're going through an APPOINTMENT POST embassy. I know for a fact mine (Abu Dhabi) is such an embassy, but some embassies are STANDARD. In those cases, they ask you to bring this documentation with you, rather than sending it to the NVC.

Per LingChe's shortcuts:

"There are 2 types of processing, Standard & Appointment Post. Most countries

are Appointment Post, whereas some (such as China) are Standard.

This guide is based on processing for Appointment Post Embassies and Consulates.

• Standard NVC processing will generally still have to obtain the same documents,

but they will be brought to the embassy, which will provide the instructions as to

those documents after it sets the interview date.

• Contact NVC to determine if your case is Standard processing or Appointment

Post processing."

Now, I'm fairly certain that Naples is appointment post as well, but I'm not sure.

Can some one help me... I asked at another forum, but nobody answer me... My question is regarding the invouce for the Affidavit Of Support... I am using me and my dad as a co-sponsor, do I only have to pay for me (the one on the invoice) or do I have to pay for each affidavit that I'll send later on?

0PcC.jpgbMFum5.png

Timeline

Christeen:

One thing worth noting is that this documentation is only needed if you're going through an APPOINTMENT POST embassy. I know for a fact mine (Abu Dhabi) is such an embassy, but some embassies are STANDARD. In those cases, they ask you to bring this documentation with you, rather than sending it to the NVC.

Per LingChe's shortcuts:

"There are 2 types of processing, Standard & Appointment Post. Most countries

are Appointment Post, whereas some (such as China) are Standard.

This guide is based on processing for Appointment Post Embassies and Consulates.

• Standard NVC processing will generally still have to obtain the same documents,

but they will be brought to the embassy, which will provide the instructions as to

those documents after it sets the interview date.

• Contact NVC to determine if your case is Standard processing or Appointment

Post processing."

Now, I'm fairly certain that Naples is appointment post as well, but I'm not sure.

Yes, it is an appointment post... They now have my originals (certified copies actually) but no photocopy... They can keep them if they dont make copies for themselves as well he will bring a set just in case he can get the certified copies back... My error... We'll have to see what happens... But I'm not stressin, doesent seem to be a huge deal??? Thanks...

Can some one help me... I asked at another forum, but nobody answer me... My question is regarding the invouce for the Affidavit Of Support... I am using me and my dad as a co-sponsor, do I only have to pay for me (the one on the invoice) or do I have to pay for each affidavit that I'll send later on?

You only have to pay one AOS fee bill ($70) bucks and your dad will fill out the 864A which you send in with his identification and tax/income info as per the guides...

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hmm... so, I got an automated response within like 15 minutes of sending my e-mail DS-3032, but when I called them tonight, they said they had no way of knowing when the DS-3032 would be accepted. Did you guys get any confirmation that the DS-3032 had been processed? Or did you just have to call until they said: "Yep, we got it." ?

I never got confirmation beyond the AVR updating. :P

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

dont panic i think it is normal.i just sent my ds via email and 10 min later i got that auto response thing.i used the VJ email template but i will also send original one via snail mail. paid my aos fee bill too.good luck

Timeline

dont panic i think it is normal.i just sent my ds via email and 10 min later i got that auto response thing.i used the VJ email template but i will also send original one via snail mail. paid my aos fee bill too.good luck

Thbe automated response is just to confirm that your e-mail arrived, you have to wait for the actual 3032 to be processed... Lately looks like it is taking 7-9 days... Keep checking the website (www.immigrantvisas.state.gov) for the AOS bill ($400) to be generated, then you know it was accepted and processed....

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I already sent my choice of agent SEPTEMBER 18. tru EMAIL

How long that it will take, that they already receive my EMAIL at nVC?

My hubby already sent his AOS.. so what next? after he sent his AOS?

thank u

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Timeline

thank u

Your AOS is done so you hubby's part is complete... From the looks of things, it is taking 7 - 10 days for the 3032 to be accepted... Keep checkig the website for the IV bill to show up or to get an e-mail that the IV bill is ready to be paid. Once that shows paid, then you send the 230 package....

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Timeline

thank u

Your AOS is done so you hubby's part is complete... From the looks of things, it is taking 7 - 10 days for the 3032 to be accepted... Keep checkig the website for the IV bill to show up or to get an e-mail that the IV bill is ready to be paid. Once that shows paid, then you send the 230 package....

Yes u are right.. my hubby part is almost done...

We haven't paid yet the 400$ because they haven't give us confirmation that my choice of agent that i sent

tru the NVC mail is already accepted..

Do we need to wait the confirmation before we pay the 400$ right?

thank u

Timeline for my Mother

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

Timeline

thank u

We haven't paid yet the 400$ because they haven't give us confirmation that my choice of agent that i sent

thank u

Yes, the IV fee bill will not be available until the 3032 is accepted, only then will the fee bill be generated.... Once that shows paid, you can send the 230...

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Timeline

thank u

thank u

Yes, the IV fee bill will not be available until the 3032 is accepted, only then will the fee bill be generated.... Once that shows paid, you can send the 230...

thank u so much.. its clear now.. so I NEED to wait the confirmation :-) thank :-)

Timeline for my Mother

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

Timeline

thank u

thank u

thank u so much.. its clear now.. so I NEED to wait the confirmation :-) thank :-)

Yup, just need to hang tight now and keep checking the website for the IV bill to be generated... Best of luck on speedy acceptance

I-130

Citizenship Process;

woo hoo guys. i am so glad so many of us got our emails for our AOS bills today!! good news!

i paid mine tonight, well hubby did, and then i sent off my email for the DS3032.

yaaay!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.