kitkat1

On Processing Order Post IMBRA at CSC

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

This is what I have been thinking also. They have been working on the March petitions all along, hence all the touches I have been getting. Then they sent out the RFE, hence all the touches I got after they received it. Then they moved the date to March 3. So...... I am reaffermend in my prediction that the NOA1's from March 6 to the middle of March will get NOA2's next week!!!

Yes, but how does that explain June VSCers getting approved or my (May NOA1) touches, the same as yours G?

My senator's office said they expect to adjucate all cases within 30 days. How can that be possible, considering the volume?

Didn't we all get the RFE received email that says prelim processing was done & your time will be shorter, etc...? Could they have preocessed all of our cases in the downtime, I think not.

All I know is my fiance & I are fighting over silly stuff & I am so stressed about not working & this process. :( I'm so very frustrated.

You senator’s response is "more" accurate. The NOA1 post IMBRA will be somewhat irrelevant. Wait and see…

Regarding the fighting, try talking to him less…trust me…this is very frustrating for both sides. Plus, absence makes the heart grow fonder….

The more you talk over the phone, the more you will argue about stupid $hit…

I-129F

5/30/06 Mailed I-129F to NSC

6/9 NOA1

6/30 IMBRA RFE rec'd and sent back to CSC

9/7 NOA2

10/6 File sent to NVC

10/18 File sent to embassy

11/14 Medical

12/6 Interview - visa approved

12/28 Visa issued

2/1/07 Fiancé arrives in US

2/10 Married

AOS

3/27/07 Mailed I-485 to Chicago

3/30 I-485 delivered

4/5 NOA1

4/6 Check cashed

4/13 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/1 Biometrics

5/2 I-485 trx'd to CSC

5/21 I-485 now pending at CSC

7/11 Card production ordered

7/16 Welcome to US notice rec'd

7/17 Approval notice rec'd

7/20 GC rec'd

I-751

4/14/09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

4/16 I-751 delivered

4/16 NOA1

4/30 Check cashed

5/5 NOA1 rec'd

5/16 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/29 Biometrics

6/8 Approved

6/11 Approval notice rec'd

7/9 Card production ordered

7/18 GC rec'd

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Regarding the fighting, try talking to him less…trust me…this is very frustrating for both sides. Plus, absence makes the heart grow fonder….

The more you talk over the phone, the more you will argue about stupid $hit…

It was a nice cold email that started it, ironically about my visit next month. Everything is a hairline trigger these days... :unsure:

This is what I have been thinking also. They have been working on the March petitions all along, hence all the touches I have been getting. Then they sent out the RFE, hence all the touches I got after they received it. Then they moved the date to March 3. So...... I am reaffermend in my prediction that the NOA1's from March 6 to the middle of March will get NOA2's next week!!!

Yes, but how does that explain June VSCers getting approved or my (May NOA1) touches, the same as yours G?

My senator's office said they expect to adjucate all cases within 30 days. How can that be possible, considering the volume?

Didn't we all get the RFE received email that says prelim processing was done & your time will be shorter, etc...? Could they have preocessed all of our cases in the downtime, I think not.

All I know is my fiance & I are fighting over silly stuff & I am so stressed about not working & this process. :( I'm so very frustrated.

I have no idea what VSC is doing. They make no sense at all how they are doing things.

For the CSC I think that in the 2 month downtime they were working on our cases. I doubt if they furlowed their adjudicators and shut the doors during that time. If they did work on our cases, I think they did because I got 3 touches after they got it in the CSC, then it would be easy for them to finish in 30 days. The form only has 3 questions on it. It would take just a few seconds to look it over, determain if it is OK or needs more info and approve the petition if all is OK!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
hey hg, your timeline for your rfe is wrong, fyi. you have april & i think you meant july....

t'anks! I fixed it...

re the fighting and stress... I hear ya. Sounds like you have a lot going on, on top of the delays in this process. At least you will visit soon. That should take some of the distance pressure off!

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think you have to take VSC out of the picture entirely. The operate differently - they have more staff and fewer petitions. So how things work there has no bearing on CSC.

I'm not sure what your senator's office meant when they said they expect to adjudicate all cases within 30 days. There is no way that is possible since they need to do a certain amount of work before the RFE. A petition received in early June with an RFE received at the end of June couldn't possibly be adjudicated in 30 days - you are right that they could not have processed all of our cases in the downtime (unless they've just hired a ton of people).

Again, I think it goes back to the idea that there are a pile of March/maybe early April petitions that have been ready to be approved for some time. Once the RFEs are in and processed for those, there is nothing else to do with them. Then they can move onto April/May, etc.

Filed: Timeline
re the fighting and stress... I hear ya. Sounds like you have a lot going on, on top of the delays in this process. At least you will visit soon. That should take some of the distance pressure off!

Yeah, I do have a lot on my plate, or being unemployed, shoud I say nothing on my plate? ;) I've had meny interviews - and have 10 yrs. experience. This art market is terrible here & I think many people are afraid I'll leave town, since I have lived in NYC & London. ANyhow,, interviews are still happening so I can hope. Today the guy said so you haven't seen your fiance in 4 months, you def. need to get some energy out. ha! Everyone knows I'm sexless........ :P

Only 4 weeks to go til I visit!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

well...we are praying ...and we don't mind waiting if CSC proceed according to the older

:innocent:

Robert (U.S.A.)------^--^------Waenphetch (Thailand)

September 27' 2005 -------------------------(Met online)

May 16' 2006---------- (Mailed application from Chiangmai, Thailand) to NSC

June 9' 2006--------- (NOA 1 Receipt date) ---CSC----

September 7' 2006------------(NOA 2 Receipt date)

December 20' 2006 (7 a.m.) -----------INTERVIEW Approved IMBRA discussed[/color]

December 24' 2006 ---------- POE - LA

December 26' 2006 ------------ Civil Marriage

December 28' 2006 ------------ Applied for SSN

January' 19' 2007 ------------- SSN Received

AOS Chicago

December 29' 2006 ----------- Mailed I-485

January' 5' 2007 -------------- NOA Receipt date (MSC)

January' 23' 2007 ------------ I-485 Transferred to CSC

January 26' 2007 ------------ Biometric done

February 7' 2007 ------------ Case pending at CSC

October 19, 2007 ------------ Approved email from CRIS (welcome notice sent on Oct 18)

March 14, 2007 ------------ Mailed I - 765

May 4, 2007 ----------- I-765 approved

May 30, 2007 ----------- got a great job at www.swipeclock.com as an Accountant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I guess that means us that was transferred from Nebraska will just be intermixed with the other California petitions. :(

Also, this proves (if this is what they are doing) that Vermont and California process differently because there are people that just filed in June that are being approved in Vermont.

Well yes, I hadn't thought of that but at least it's still by original NOA1 date instead of by RFE returned date. She also said that Vermont handles a LOT fewer petitions - geographically they receive a lot less - and that's why they move quickly.

Then why the heck didn't some of us Nebraska to Cali transfers get sent to Vermont, for cry eye! I am just saying, even out the case load and stop all of this geographic discrimination. We are all victims of GD and perhaps we can start wearing little rubber bracelets to increase awareness of our dreaded plight.

Edited by MN&UK

March 9 - filed I-129F to Nebraska

March 15 - NOA#1

June 1 - transferred to CSC

July 11 - IMBRA RFE back with CSC

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

Ok here is something confusing!

Our latest case update is the ever popular:

"On July 7, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Being the curious type, I called the USCIS, waited my 15 minutes (calling from the UK) and was told that 'It is an approval notice and your case has been mailed to the consulate".

I then asked why we had received this approval given that we only sent the IMBRA RFE back on the 10th July, to which they transferred me to a different department (another 15 minute wait) only to be told they could not discuss the case with me as I am the beneficiary, fair enough I thought.

So I asked my fiancee to call and ask the same thing. Sure enough, they said the same thing again. They explained the case had been approved despite the IMBRA RFE and that it was on its way to the consulate.

The receipt for our I129F was filed April 6th 2006.

Firstly, I am confused as to why they used the word 'Consulate'. I thought it went to the NVC (National Visa Center) first, and then we wait for the affadavit of support etc, or is that a term USCIS use as a blanket term for 'it is now out of our hands!'.

Secondly, why tell us it is underway/approved on July 7th, when the IMBRA RFE probably only turned up on their doorstep today?

I guess until my attorney receives a firm letter of approval I will never know, but its nice to think things might be moving forward!

visaJourneySignature.jpg

Plan your wedding and create a wedding web site at wedsimple.com

Timeline

Congratulations! And an April NOA1 taboot!

I find it curious that they don't really have an answer for any of this though. Have we seen and March NOA1's get this approval yet? Maybe we should start a chart for this...?

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

Timeline

"On July 7, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Being the curious type, I called the USCIS, waited my 15 minutes (calling from the UK) and was told that 'It is an approval notice and your case has been mailed to the consulate".

I then asked why we had received this approval given that we only sent the IMBRA RFE back on the 10th July, to which they transferred me to a different department (another 15 minute wait) only to be told they could not discuss the case with me as I am the beneficiary, fair enough I thought.

So I asked my fiancee to call and ask the same thing. Sure enough, they said the same thing again. They explained the case had been approved despite the IMBRA RFE and that it was on its way to the consulate.

Firstly, I am confused as to why they used the word 'Consulate'. I thought it went to the NVC (National Visa Center) first, and then we wait for the affadavit of support etc, or is that a term USCIS use as a blanket term for 'it is now out of our hands!'.

Secondly, why tell us it is underway/approved on July 7th, when the IMBRA RFE probably only turned up on their doorstep today?

I guess until my attorney receives a firm letter of approval I will never know, but its nice to think things might be moving forward!

Westguard, what state is your fiance in? I would recommend contacting someone at the Senator's office to call CSC and get this ridiculously confusing email translated into English - when I read this email to my Senator's office contact yesterday (I didn't receive it but I commented on it to her) she said that it makes zero sense and that anyone getting it should have their Senator's office call the service center for a true explanation. In your case it's even more confusing since as you said, they had just received the RFE and since they used the word Consulate when we all know the next step is the NVC.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Hope it really is an approval!

Timeline

I would hope it is approval based on what Westguard was told, but some people who received it either haven't received their RFE's yet, or just mailed them off...?

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
she said that it makes zero sense and that anyone getting it should have their Senator's office call the service center for a true explanation

For the people who have senators that actually call you back or correspond in any way .. hahahaha..

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Timeline
she said that it makes zero sense and that anyone getting it should have their Senator's office call the service center for a true explanation

For the people who have senators that actually call you back or correspond in any way .. hahahaha..

Agreed! But if you can't get help from one, call another. I had no luck with the first one (mean, snotty and not helpful) but the second one has been nothing but helpful - returns calls, answers questions, offers help - truly amazing. It's worth a shot to get someone to explain what on earth they are trying to say in that email.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I did the same today. I called and was told I was approved then I was transferred to another person who said the first person was wrong and I am not approved. Then I asked about my weird status " the document we made based.. ect..." and was told they were going to send me an RFE but then decided not to. Time will tell....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.