kitkat1

On Processing Order Post IMBRA at CSC

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The official word it that CSC's processing of K1 petitions once RFEs have been received there is based on your original NOA1 date - it doesn't matter if you were transferred.

Meaning, if you filed in March and you have returned your RFE, your petition will be processed FIRST. If you filed in April, you will be processed AFTER March filers, etc. etc.

She also said that the NVC is not going to be backed up and they can handle the influx of approved fiance visa petitions since almost all other visa categories have been filled for the year.

One last thing - if you get one of those funky, poorly written emails, she said you should call your senator's office and they will call California for a translation into English.

(I read her the "the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued" weird email and she agreed that it makes zero sense and that they need to explain it).

Hope this helps

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess that means us that was transferred from Nebraska will just be intermixed with the other California petitions. :(

Also, this proves (if this is what they are doing) that Vermont and California process differently because there are people that just filed in June that are being approved in Vermont.

Edited by jen&darcy

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

The good Senators were not too far off on the RFE issue/mailing dates...

In any case, this is positive news!! Thanks for sharing Kitkat1. :thumbs:

Also, this proves (if this is what they are doing) that Vermont and California process differently because there are people that just filed in June that are being approved in Vermont.

Yep. :angry:

Let's see if they stick to the adjucated within 30 days thing a bunch of senators told us.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
The official word it that CSC's processing of K1 petitions once RFEs have been received there is based on your original NOA1 date - it doesn't matter if you were transferred.

Meaning, if you filed in March and you have returned your RFE, your petition will be processed FIRST. If you filed in April, you will be processed AFTER March filers, etc. etc.

She also said that the NVC is not going to be backed up and they can handle the influx of approved fiance visa petitions since almost all other visa categories have been filled for the year.

One last thing - if you get one of those funky, poorly written emails, she said you should call your senator's office and they will call California for a translation into English.

(I read her the "the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued" weird email and she agreed that it makes zero sense and that they need to explain it).

Hope this helps

I'm not buying it...we'll see though. I bet they will not wait...RFE in hand=NOA2 regardless of NOA1 date...

I-129F

5/30/06 Mailed I-129F to NSC

6/9 NOA1

6/30 IMBRA RFE rec'd and sent back to CSC

9/7 NOA2

10/6 File sent to NVC

10/18 File sent to embassy

11/14 Medical

12/6 Interview - visa approved

12/28 Visa issued

2/1/07 Fiancé arrives in US

2/10 Married

AOS

3/27/07 Mailed I-485 to Chicago

3/30 I-485 delivered

4/5 NOA1

4/6 Check cashed

4/13 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/1 Biometrics

5/2 I-485 trx'd to CSC

5/21 I-485 now pending at CSC

7/11 Card production ordered

7/16 Welcome to US notice rec'd

7/17 Approval notice rec'd

7/20 GC rec'd

I-751

4/14/09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

4/16 I-751 delivered

4/16 NOA1

4/30 Check cashed

5/5 NOA1 rec'd

5/16 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/29 Biometrics

6/8 Approved

6/11 Approval notice rec'd

7/9 Card production ordered

7/18 GC rec'd

Timeline
So I guess that means us that was transferred from Nebraska will just be intermixed with the other California petitions. :(

Well yes, I hadn't thought of that but at least it's still by original NOA1 date instead of by RFE returned date. She also said that Vermont handles a LOT fewer petitions - geographically they receive a lot less - and that's why they move quickly.

Thanks Kitkat1. This is great news guys! Read it again. I don't know how anyboody can make a negative out of it. It means they will stick to your original processing times that NSC or TSC stated before you were transferred! They are not processing other types of visas like they were before which means they will have more time and more adjudicators to concentrate on K-1's. :dance:

The difference between VSC and CSC is VSC recently hired and trained 100 new adjudicators. They have a large building and the room for the new adjudicators.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think that is their attempt to have a fair process, and I think it is right.

However, I doubt that they will let April and May files with completed RFEs just sit in a pile until they hear back from ALL March NOA1s.

I have July 10 circled on my calender... that was my original anticipated approval date. :(

Edited by hockeygal

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Timeline
I'm not buying it...we'll see though. I bet they will not wait...RFE in hand=NOA2 regardless of NOA1 date...

Well something else to keep in mind is that there is a certain amount of work that needs to be done on each petition in order to approve it. For those who filed in March, for example, I think we can safely assume that by now all of that work was finished and those petitions are waiting for RFE return and final processing in order to be approved.

On the other hand, May petitions may still have additional work that needs to be done, RFE aside, before they can be approved. So even if a May filer returned their RFE last week, their petition may not yet be ready for approval.

Not sure if this is clear or even accurate but I certainly hope so.

Timeline
She also said that Vermont handles a LOT fewer petitions - geographically they receive a lot less - and that's why they move quickly.

well shoot. Why do they need 100 more adjudicators then? Why not transfer cases to them instead of always to California? I don't get it.

there is a certain amount of work that needs to be done on each petition in order to approve it. For those who filed in March, for example, I think we can safely assume that by now all of that work was finished and those petitions are waiting for RFE return and final processing in order to be approved.

I agree. I think March folks will be hearing back very soon.

Edited by hockeygal

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK, this is my information. When my case went to the CSC, I emailed them concerned my process started over. This was the response I recieved. (I have gotten about 4 others that were of no value other than wait).

"No the initial receipt date does not change. You retain the receipt date of March 29, 2006."

Thanks,

McClellan, CAO

Division XII, Customer Service

---------------------

I just talked to my senators office an hour ago and they said CSC are putting the RFE in the files and then going directly to the adjunctors desk. He said that based on my date (3/29) it is in line with others he has inquired about and expects the answer (lets hope approval) within 21 days of the RFE receipt acknowledgment. He said if I do not have an answer by then, to call him back.

--------------

Hope this helps. I cant say how exactly processing happens, but if the 'receipt date' is kept constant, it would appear that the transfer cases will be still worked in the order or NOA1 (this part is my interpretation that other peoples information MAY be correct that I am reading)

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Timeline
OK, this is my information. When my case went to the CSC, I emailed them concerned my process started over. This was the response I recieved. (I have gotten about 4 others that were of no value other than wait).

"No the initial receipt date does not change. You retain the receipt date of March 29, 2006."

Thanks,

McClellan, CAO

Division XII, Customer Service

---------------------

I just talked to my senators office an hour ago and they said CSC are putting the RFE in the files and then going directly to the adjunctors desk. He said that based on my date (3/29) it is in line with others he has inquired about and expects the answer (lets hope approval) within 21 days of the RFE receipt acknowledgment. He said if I do not have an answer by then, to call him back.

--------------

Hope this helps. I cant say how exactly processing happens, but if the 'receipt date' is kept constant, it would appear that the transfer cases will be still worked in the order or NOA1 (this part is my interpretation that other peoples information MAY be correct that I am reading)

Glad to hear you heard the same thing. It all sounds good and I get the feeling that late March filers will see good news shortly.

Funny about the email from CSC and McClellan - he's the only one who answers email and most of it is unintelligible!!!

This is what I have been thinking also. They have been working on the March petitions all along, hence all the touches I have been getting. Then they sent out the RFE, hence all the touches I got after they received it. Then they moved the date to March 3. So...... I am reaffermend in my prediction that the NOA1's from March 6 to the middle of March will get NOA2's next week!!!

Timeline

gosh. I guess that puts me at approval.... mid Sept? I will be lucky to get to the US by Christmas.

Oh well, it could be worse. We could still be waiting for them to do something about IMBRA compliance!

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

Filed: Timeline
This is what I have been thinking also. They have been working on the March petitions all along, hence all the touches I have been getting. Then they sent out the RFE, hence all the touches I got after they received it. Then they moved the date to March 3. So...... I am reaffermend in my prediction that the NOA1's from March 6 to the middle of March will get NOA2's next week!!!

Yes, but how does that explain June VSCers getting approved or my (May NOA1) touches, the same as yours G?

My senator's office said they expect to adjucate all cases within 30 days. How can that be possible, considering the volume?

Didn't we all get the RFE received email that says prelim processing was done & your time will be shorter, etc...? Could they have preocessed all of our cases in the downtime, I think not.

All I know is my fiance & I are fighting over silly stuff & I am so stressed about not working & this process. :( I'm so very frustrated.

gosh. I guess that puts me at approval.... mid Sept? I will be lucky to get to the US by Christmas.

Oh well, it could be worse. We could still be waiting for them to do something about IMBRA compliance!

hey hg, your timeline for your rfe is wrong, fyi. you have april & i think you meant july.... :yes:

Edited by devilette

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.