john & jean

teaching a filipina to drive

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
go carts & video games have helped us a lot so far.

I would have suggested the same.

My wife was driving around in a 3 cyl. multi-cab with manual transmission long before she came here so the transition was pretty smooth.

39059999_1.jpg

jinky was a truck driver? :unsure:

You'd have to stand next to a multi-cab to appreciate how small it is. Those are tricycle-sized tires. When I climbed in, I'd bang my knee on the dashboard.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
There needs to be a third party involved. I tried to teaching thing with Nani - I don't really like to remember them days. I ended up hiring a professional instructor and that seemed to help. She took forever to learn and is still only going to a few nearby places on her own. Women just shouldn't drive.

you didn't just say that :o .. tsk tsk

i would say my driving and parking skills have improved since moving here ...lol not that they were horrible before :P just didn't have to deal with as much traffic as here..

Well, those parking skills couldn't go anywhere but up, could they?

nice_parking_job.jpg

omg my sister parked her car like that a few weeks ago and totaled it :lol:

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Anyone else having firsthand knowledge please give suggestions. HELP ME :crying::angry::wacko:

I am a very patient person, however, when the gas pedal is confused with the BRAKES it becomes a problem!!!

At this point, I am not sure that we need to peruse this anymore.

I am sure that professional help will be frightened. Without brakes on the passenger side, it is like a suicide mission.....

I just learned driving when I got here in US. It was my hubby who taught me to drive. I would consider my hubby an effective and good teacher because I learned to drive, gained confidence in driving and had already my driver's license. At first, I was scared and I even suggested to my hubby to have professional help for my driving. But, he said that what the driving instructor would teach me will also almost be the same from what he will teach me. I thought my hubby was correct. So, I decided not to have professional help anymore.

From my experience, I learned to use one foot (my right foot) for the brake and gas pedal. It does not confuse me at all. I developed my driving skill from constant practice, read the driver's manual, and watch the youtube videos of

and

Your wife should overcome her fear and believe on herself that she can make it. That's how I made it. Good luck to both of you.

Lalai

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Anyone else having firsthand knowledge please give suggestions. HELP ME :crying::angry::wacko:

I am a very patient person, however, when the gas pedal is confused with the BRAKES it becomes a problem!!!

At this point, I am not sure that we need to peruse this anymore.

I am sure that professional help will be frightened. Without brakes on the passenger side, it is like a suicide mission.....

Definitely a relationship test! I can sympathize. I strongly suggest professional training if you possibly can. I found that I am a good driver and a lousy teacher! But we lived through it and Alla does OK, still gets lost, but that is understandable for anyone and she eventually finds her way home. Stops at a few stores along the way, so getting lost can be expensive.

Funny thing...she would get upset at ME for "yelling at her" , like seconds before she was going to drive off a bridge or something, but NOW our son is learning to drive and she yells at him more than I EVER did and unceremoniuosly kicked him out of the driver's seat Saturday when he got too close to someone while driving. My Russian is not perfect, but it roughly translates to "STOP! Lesson over, get out!" He was driving HER mini-van, and then various mild curses which translate to OH MY GOD!, etc. LOL

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I can't teach my fiancee to drive. It's detrimental to our relationshiT!

I gotta hire someone to do it. After intersections, she prefers the left side of the road. I keep telling her always in every circumstance you want to have the double yellow on your left. Her English stinks so maybe she hears "left" and that's that.

She does a good job in the neighbors lawns, though. I just need a 4wd if we're to continue.

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

When my fiance was here last month, I let him drive once... it was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed. I needed a xanax after that and a drink to chase it lol. I think, once he moves here, we will have to have a professional teach him, my nerves cant take it! You'd think it'd be a easy switch, but apparently the driving in Scotland is much much different.

10/21/09 Mailed I-129f to VSC

10/27/09 Check Cashed

10/30/09 NOA 1

01/08/10 NOA2 Email Notification

01/12/10 NVC received petition

01/16/10 Received both NOA2 and NVC Notice in the mail.

01/25/10 London sent mail that they received packet

03/09/10 Sent packet with forms to London. Waiting for interview date

04/09/10 Alex's medical is scheduled

04/16/10 Received interview letter!

05/07/10 Alex's interview in London!

05/07/10 --VISA APPROVED!!!-- YAY!

06/28/10 Alex's POE in Houston, TX

07/20/10 Married <3

AOS/EAD/AP

08/30/10 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP forms

09/13/10 - Received Email Confirmation for USCIS receiving AOS/EAD/AP

09/16/10 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

09/22/10 - Biometric Appt letter received

10/04/10 - Biometric Appt in Dallas, TX @ 1pm. Took less than 15 minutes! lol

10/05/10 - AOS/EAD/AP Touched

10/07/10 - AOS application sent to CSC for processing

10/14/10 - AOS Touched

10/20/10 - AOS Touched

11/01/10 - Email notification of EAD/AP approval!

11/03/10 - Email notification of AOS letter being sent w/ approval

11/05/10 - AP document received- 2 copies

11/12/10 - Received Green Card and Work Permit in the mail

Removal of Conditions

09/10/12 - Mailed I-751 Packet

09/13/12 - Packet received at VSC

09/20/12 - Received NOA

10/17/12 - Biometrics Appt @ 8am

04/18/13 - Email notification of Conditions Removed

04/22/13 - 10yr Permanent Resident Card received via USPS

Her English stinks

Funny, that odor I'm smelling seems to be coming from you, not her.

Ditto Scandal :thumbs: What a chopfcvk!

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

stinks is slang for no good...as in my spanish and thai

it's a process; we're working on it

Edited by HYENA

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yay!! good thing im gonna get a driving lesson soon coz hubbys not here.. hehe...but seriously, alot of couples said that its way better that way.. Having to teach ur spouse to drive isnt a good idea.. Not unless, ur partner will have enough patience.. but often than not, this "me will teach u to drive thingy" often ends up... one will teach and yell bec of lack of patience.. the student, gets more nervous and pressured having to see his/her partner frowning or yelling.. This kind of pressure wont be a great help.. but being more understanding definitely will. Goodluck and have a great day..

OUR TIMELINE...

129F sent --------------------- 10/10/08

129F NOA1 --------------------- 10/28/08

Approval of NOA2 -------------------- 01/14/09

NOA2 Hardcopy -------------------- 01/22/09

Recieved by NVC -------------------- 01/20/09

Left NVC -------------------- 01/22/09

Recieved by consulate ----------------- 01/25/09

Requested police clearance at JAPEM--- 01/28/09

Recieved letter from USEM ------------- 01/30/09

Medical at SLEC -------------- 02/25/09 (Good Lord pls help us pass with these journey)

Passed the my medical but my daughter was asked to have a repeat xray after 2 mos..huhuhu!

Interview at USEM (K1) --------------- 03/19/09

INTERVIEW PASSED!!!

Everyting about the future is uncertain but one thing is for sure,

God had already arranged all our tomorrows,

we just have to trust him as he leads..

http://www.glitterfy.com/]glitterfy081904187D36.gif

glitterfy092702866D36.gif

Our Daughter Cheska

glitterfy093147541D36.gif

Enough reason to be happy