adiiann

September 2009 - AOS Filers

1,338 posts in this topic

Awwwww.... I am worried of that too 'coz we gonna be in our post-honeymoon on Oct 8-10, and they received my AOS, Aug 31, and my NOA1 dated Sept 4.

I am really hoping that my biometrics will not fall on that date 'coz we already had our reservations and itinerary done for those dates.

We are in the same situation. All booked and paid for. I really think we should be able to reschedule though if they schedule the appointment when we're away. At least I really hope so!

As I observed about the timeline of some VJ'ers here for biometrics, they received their biometrics appointment letter, a month after their NOA1 received, then usually the appointment is 2 weeks after they got the letter. Well, let's just hope that the appointment will not fall on dates that we already reserved.

By the way, what state you are? I am here in Joliet, IL.

has anyone tried checking their case status online?? we finally got our 3 NOAs, but when i put the numbers in the case status search, it says it cant find them?

Mine went well when I add my case to my portfolio, I just use the old that we had for my K1-Visa. My AOS states pending and wait for my biometrics appointment letter.

i tried to do that but it said its not in the system. i just type MSC09********* right? If I can't get mine to show up ever, you gotta keep me updated on yours so i know what to expect lol

Maybe give it a day or 2 to get into the system. Or call USCIS & see what they say. I wouldn't worry about it. :star:

Yay... got both my NOAs on 9/11 and today I got my Biometrics appointment for 10/08. Looks like I will have to walk in to try for an early appointment since that date is not too good for my husband..... :)

cheers and good luck y'all!!!

Wow congrats, that was quick wasn't it? :thumbs:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awwwww.... I am worried of that too 'coz we gonna be in our post-honeymoon on Oct 8-10, and they received my AOS, Aug 31, and my NOA1 dated Sept 4.

I am really hoping that my biometrics will not fall on that date 'coz we already had our reservations and itinerary done for those dates.

We are in the same situation. All booked and paid for. I really think we should be able to reschedule though if they schedule the appointment when we're away. At least I really hope so!

As I observed about the timeline of some VJ'ers here for biometrics, they received their biometrics appointment letter, a month after their NOA1 received, then usually the appointment is 2 weeks after they got the letter. Well, let's just hope that the appointment will not fall on dates that we already reserved.

has anyone tried checking their case status online?? we finally got our 3 NOAs, but when i put the numbers in the case status search, it says it cant find them?

Mine went well when I add my case to my portfolio, I just use the old that we had for my K1-Visa. My AOS states pending and wait for my biometrics appointment letter.

i tried to do that but it said its not in the system. i just type MSC09********* right? If I can't get mine to show up ever, you gotta keep me updated on yours so i know what to expect lol

Maybe give it a day or 2 to get into the system. Or call USCIS & see what they say. I wouldn't worry about it. :star:

Yay... got both my NOAs on 9/11 and today I got my Biometrics appointment for 10/08. Looks like I will have to walk in to try for an early appointment since that date is not too good for my husband..... :)

I'm planning to wait til Friday maybe, and then call? My notice date was Friday, and today is obviously Monday so I am hoping they just didn't put it in yet.

I'm planning to wait til Friday maybe, and then call? My notice date was Friday, and today is obviously Monday so I am hoping they just didn't put it in yet.

ahh ok they are in there now, all with touches today, obviously being when they were put in the system. now the wait for the bio letter!

Biometrics received today through the mail. Date of appointment is 24th September, only 10 days to go! :o

Any chance of an early walk in? My ASC is in Birmingham, AL.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Wow, that's really nice JimandChristy!! We are still waiting our NOA:)

K-1

10/6/2008: I-129F

4/14/2009: Visa in hand

5/17/2009: POE (Yaaaay!!)

AOS

9/8/2009: Sent I-765, I-485

12/7/2009: Interview

2/27/2010: GC in hands!! Thanks to GOD!!

ROC

11/21/2011: Sent I-751

11/23/2011: Package received

11/28/2011: Check cashed

11/23/2011: NOA dated

12/1/2011 : NOA received

1/03/2012 : Called USCIS for bio letter

1/16/2012 : Biometrics Notice Date

1/21/2012 : Biometrics Letter

2/13/2012 : Biometrics Appointment

4/27/2012 : Decision of Date

5/3/2012 : Notice of Approval

6/1/2012 : GC in hand :-D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh.... my... our post-honeymoon seems to be move to other day because of biometrics appointment. Husband doesn't want to re-schedule the biometrics appointment. So, maybe we will cancel our reservation or move to 9-11. I hope things will work for us.

Anyway, besides of this, I am happy because it seems that things are moving.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Oh.... my... our post-honeymoon seems to be move to other day because of biometrics appointment. Husband doesn't want to re-schedule the biometrics appointment. So, maybe we will cancel our reservation or move to 9-11. I hope things will work for us.

why don't you try doing a walk in? Naperville isn't too far from Joliet!

Timeline

I would if I could but I couldn't drive yet besides my husband doesn't want me to go alone with all these AOS stuffs. He said, he wasn't with me when I am acquiring my K1-Visa, so this time he will not allow me to do AOS things alone :whistle:

We re-arranged our itinerary for our post-honeymoon. Good thing, they allowed us to move the dates. So, things went well. :thumbs:

I would if I could but I couldn't drive yet besides my husband doesn't want me to go alone with all these AOS stuffs. He said, he wasn't with me when I am acquiring my K1-Visa, so this time he will not allow me to do AOS things alone :whistle:

We re-arranged our itinerary for our post-honeymoon. Good thing, they allowed us to move the dates. So, things went well. :thumbs:

Glad it all worked out for you! Hope we get our bio letter soon too! We will be trying to do a walk in if possible.

Timeline

Glad it all worked out for you! Hope we get our bio letter soon too! We will be trying to do a walk in if possible.

Yeah. You might have it next week.... Good Luck... Share your experience if you have the walk-in biometrics.

Yeah. You might have it next week.... Good Luck... Share your experience if you have the walk-in biometrics.

I will! Do you check your case status online? Was it updated to say that you bio letter was sent?

Timeline

I will! Do you check your case status online? Was it updated to say that you bio letter was sent?t

Nope.... nothing chamge... it's still states that case pending.. wait for biometrics appointment letter.

I will! Do you check your case status online? Was it updated to say that you bio letter was sent?t

Nope.... nothing chamge... it's still states that case pending.. wait for biometrics appointment letter.

oh ok well thats good then maybe mine is on the way

I am trying to look if someone already started the thread for September 2009 - AOS filers, but I couldn't find one so I started this one.

I just sent my AOS package today, and my NOA1 will fall on September.

I hope that there's someone out there that have same timeline of AOS as mine.

:dance::dance::dance: Good Luck to Us!

hi, m maya... got here last july 8 then got married last aug 5... this week sept 14-18, we're about to file my AOS coz my 90 days is getting nearer and it's gonna be on oct 6, i have a question regarding EAD which is 1 765, AP ( I 131), am i going to include it with my AOS form and mail it to chicago lockbox? what did u do with your initial evidences, did you submit your origina lBirth /Marriage Certificate? can u share with me the things that you submitted? thanks... keep me posted...

@deomaya

You can submit your aos anytime. As long you already get married within 90 days before your K-1 gets expired, you are already fine. Yeah, you need to send all the packet of aos to chicago lockbox, that will be aos, ead, and ap.

K-1

10/6/2008: I-129F

4/14/2009: Visa in hand

5/17/2009: POE (Yaaaay!!)

AOS

9/8/2009: Sent I-765, I-485

12/7/2009: Interview

2/27/2010: GC in hands!! Thanks to GOD!!

ROC

11/21/2011: Sent I-751

11/23/2011: Package received

11/28/2011: Check cashed

11/23/2011: NOA dated

12/1/2011 : NOA received

1/03/2012 : Called USCIS for bio letter

1/16/2012 : Biometrics Notice Date

1/21/2012 : Biometrics Letter

2/13/2012 : Biometrics Appointment

4/27/2012 : Decision of Date

5/3/2012 : Notice of Approval

6/1/2012 : GC in hand :-D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.