SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

teenage pregnancy is CRAZY esp in texas.. they said we are number one for MULTIPLE births..

thats why when ya'll chat bout the wutless ones LOL.. i always laugh cuz i know TOO MANY that live right here in the usa..

but it doesn't cost to get to school here maybe that is the difference??? and if not, what is?? are the schools just not teaching??

why do these children having babies find it easier to send their children to school than an uneducated person in ja???

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh no, I'm not demonizing her at all! I feel like after putting up with all that #######, she is getting what is due her! Not saying she was a gold digger but, I do wonder WHY she put up with everything....she is probably a very smart business woman and knew she had a money maker with Bob. But hey, I don't blame her one bit! :no::no:

Ells, read her book! It was so captivating that I read it in two sittings. That was many months ago, though, so I don't remember all the details. I think her reason for staying married was because of her kids and because she reached an inner peace about the situation. After a while, she started stepping out on her own, too. There was one time where she was at her house chatting with a man (who she didn't start sleeping with until later) when Bob Marley showed up WITH one of his other women in the car. Despite having this other woman in the car, he went off on Rita & the other dude just for chatting.

WHAT JOBS FROM JAMAICA????? LMAO Yeah, uh huh If I had put down jetsking his tail would be still looking. :unsure:

I kinda wonder about this, too. For all the "unofficial" jobs worked, would you even put those on a resume? Or just the ones that gave you an official paycheck on company letterhead.

Sus, what JA radio show do you listen to?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

what is the issue then? who are you blaming?

it is a big problem in America too....difference is when my neighbor that has 8 kids and cannot afford them is in need, the city, state, and federal governement has the means to step in and provide food, shelter, and a bus for those kids to get to school...not to mention there is no fee for public education

Timeline

We have a local station that plays JA music - not anything on the net, I can't even get it in if I am 2 towns away - Probably some bootleg thing, lol -

Otherwise I listen to 93.5FM, Irie Jam outta NY

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh no, I'm not demonizing her at all! I feel like after putting up with all that #######, she is getting what is due her! Not saying she was a gold digger but, I do wonder WHY she put up with everything....she is probably a very smart business woman and knew she had a money maker with Bob. But hey, I don't blame her one bit! :no::no:

Ells, read her book! It was so captivating that I read it in two sittings. That was many months ago, though, so I don't remember all the details. I think her reason for staying married was because of her kids and because she reached an inner peace about the situation. After a while, she started stepping out on her own, too. There was one time where she was at her house chatting with a man (who she didn't start sleeping with until later) when Bob Marley showed up WITH one of his other women in the car. Despite having this other woman in the car, he went off on Rita & the other dude just for chatting.

WHAT JOBS FROM JAMAICA????? LMAO Yeah, uh huh If I had put down jetsking his tail would be still looking. :unsure:

I kinda wonder about this, too. For all the "unofficial" jobs worked, would you even put those on a resume? Or just the ones that gave you an official paycheck on company letterhead.

I'd probably list the official jobs on the resume, but based on what he wants to do, sometimes you have to give them (meaning the place of employment) the duties that they are looking for. My hubby didn't start with minimum wages because I boosted his resume up a bit. People do it all the time....

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

ur right sunny.. and for some reason.. i have NO problem doing that for myself, i know i could learn to do whatever i need to.. w/ hubby i guess i get a LIL scared (overprotective lol)..

that is soooo great for ray!!! i can see his big smile now LOL

Edited by dancehallquana

Timeline
And Lawny..also MOST parents themselves cannot read or write and do not know where to start with their children. It takes alot to keep a child on track..if u don't know or have an idea of what track to kepp them on..there goes the chance!

then why the hell would you bring a child into this world when you cannot even help yourself? government should spend dem money on birth control education...

Wah mek yuh a deal wid di ting so...

Why many in America have children? Why is teenage pregancy on the rise in America?

How many here have brought a child into this world they CANNOT take care of and I as a tax paying citizen pays for them? That's not the issue

And she saw a way out of Jamaica.

what does that mean ?

Are there any Marley's living in JA anymore?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OCTOBER 7, 2009: 7:30 AM!

Congrats Mrs. Palmer :dance::dance:

Evening Yardies! :star:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
And Lawny..also MOST parents themselves cannot read or write and do not know where to start with their children. It takes alot to keep a child on track..if u don't know or have an idea of what track to kepp them on..there goes the chance!

then why the hell would you bring a child into this world when you cannot even help yourself? government should spend dem money on birth control education...

Wah mek yuh a deal wid di ting so...

Why many in America have children? Why is teenage pregancy on the rise in America?

How many here have brought a child into this world they CANNOT take care of and I as a tax paying citizen pays for them? That's not the issue

And she saw a way out of Jamaica.

what does that mean ?

I just had kids so they can do the laundry, plow the fields, cook, clean and run my bath water.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
what is the issue then? who are you blaming?

it is a big problem in America too....difference is when my neighbor that has 8 kids and cannot afford them is in need, the city, state, and federal governement has the means to step in and provide food, shelter, and a bus for those kids to get to school...not to mention there is no fee for public education

It is Jamaican Society..we cannot compare that with any other!

Did I say I was blaming anyone? I want more to be done..Parents have to start first! and then school and the teachers have to do their BEST!

ANd who is paying for ur neighbor to have 8 kids?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
teenage pregnancy is CRAZY esp in texas.. they said we are number one for MULTIPLE births..

thats why when ya'll chat bout the wutless ones LOL.. i always laugh cuz i know TOO MANY that live right here in the usa..

but it doesn't cost to get to school here maybe that is the difference??? and if not, what is?? are the schools just not teaching??

why do these children having babies find it easier to send their children to school than an uneducated person in ja???

Teachers do not get paid much i mean almost nothing. the Government OWES them money right now!

Because their parents end up raising the children for the most part, they are free...PLUS THEY NOW QUALIFY FOR ALL THIS HELP FROM THE GOVERNMENT

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

There are jobs in JA u just have to pass ur CXCs and then some. If u do not even have a HS Diploma where does that leave you, in a country that the job market is already limited?

ahhh Sugah Dumplin :)

Timeline
sonshyne!!!! how ya been my girl.. missed u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Quana and everyone else!!! Just stepping in for a minute... I'm good... I was trying to catch up but it is next to impossible :whistle:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.