Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sus i am a bit confused on the skyauction.com site.....maybe my blonde roots but i am def lost.....

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What are you confused about? You have to register to bid on the auctions - Just read the fine print carefully, cause each auction has different taxes and fees - You can set your max bid per night - For example, I usually bid on Rooms right towards the end of the auction, and set a max bid of $5 or $10 - if you win the auction, you submit your travel dates - Then they confirm if its available, and if it is they charge you for the dates, plus a $20 booking fee -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies!

Just a quick catch up today & then I have to sneak my reading homework in before class tonight AND finish up one of my english assignments for Thursday night since today is my FRIDAY!! I'm taking two of my furlough days and making it a loooooong weekend. Of course Thursday I have to go to the DMV to renew my DL before it expires in a few days & I finally got my new SS card so I can change my name on my DL! Not looking forward to waiting for hours at the DMV but they close on Friday also for furlough so it must be done. (Isn't it funny when people tell you what mundane tasks they're going to do when you don't really care?? LOL!)

MY SON IS PICKY TOO .. I HAVE GOTTEN TO THE POINT EAT WHAT YOUR GIVEN OR GET NOTHING .. OF COURSE HE EATS WHAT HE GET ..

That's what I'd do! I don't have the time or patience to fuss around with that and I feel like I'm the parent and I know what's best so either eat your vegetables or be hungry (and NO dessert!)!

MAWNING YARDIES :dance: NOA1 :dancing:

Congrats MsSheka! You're on your way! :thumbs:

Dear Lord; I'm feeling sad today...sad because I have friends that are hurting and feeling like their lives are spinning out of control...Lord, I pray that you'll stop that spinning wheel put a halt on it and redirect them...let them know that prayer is the key and to give it time and let you take control. You know the pain this temporary, but show them the way, so that they'll know that too. All this I ask in your son's precious name...AMEN

AMEN and thank you Lawny! That's just one reason why we missed you so much!

Kimmy -- my dad's older sister did this back in the 90s and could she get support from the government (HELLS NO)...so he funded the first few years on her own and then started to ask for donations. She runs an afterschool and summerschool program out of her house and an adult literacy program...girl, don't get me started with the goverment...mek mi spell it F.U.S.T.R.A.T.I.O.N;

I went to school in Jamaica and thank God for the schooling I had there. My parents wanted my brother and I to do much better than they did in school, so they stood by us in our studies. When I was growing up the other parents in our district looked out for the school kids...

My aunt says it's DIGUSTING that so much energy is put into music, sportsmanship and tourism and di PICKNEY DEM CAAN READ...dem a look fi mek quick money instead. A little boy told my aunt he don't need to go back to school because he's going to become a worldclass runner like Bolt...she said, yeah, but BOLT can read...they little boy replies; wah reading afi do wid running

:yes::yes::yes:

this is too funny!! but the story reminds me of my husband......he is always telling me things that he has "learned" from watching tv....and i'm like baby you can't believe everything you see on tv

and he wants to order ####### off of qvc...chat bout some luxurious sheets and we can make 3 easy payments....ha!

Hubby tells me how much he learns from TV & movies too! Sometimes he has a point & other times I just want to shake him & tell him that Maury IS NOT educational TV!!! :bonk::bonk::angry:

sus; u wake up mi seh dem ave a drink a Jamaica name "MANDINGO" lawd gaad

girl, dem a fly aff di shelf and di MAGNUM dem a collect dust -- I'm afraid to drink it...it might mek mi MADAHRAH

Okay, I was gonna ask (while suspecting) what kinda drink that was. Those 'tonic wines' taste TERRIBLE!

finesse; mi no know...dem seh ooman no fi drink magnum neidah, but I do.

I've drank magnum too (as I cringe the whole time) and it didn't do anything special.

Timeline

They will not be open the day after Thanksgiving.

They not open Thanksgiving day either

Oh, Tre......I thought that one was a given so I didn't mention it.

Closed JA and USA holidays in case anyone new on here wondering.

I didn't think they'd close for US holidays considering they don't celebrate them there but I guess it makes sense since some staff may be US citizens and celebrate it.

Timeline
finesse; mi no know...dem seh ooman no fi drink magnum neidah, but I do.

I do too. When I was in JA me and Steve went to the bike show with his friends and they passed me some! I felt like I was "in good" now cause dem shared dem Magnum!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I didn't think they'd close for US holidays considering they don't celebrate them there but I guess it makes sense since some staff may be US citizens and celebrate it.

Please - Any excuse for a holiday! My friend worked in Barbados for a US Company - a country that declares a holiday every time you turn around - they got all of the Bajan holidays, plus all the US holidays - we wondered if she ever worked!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Sooo... SunRay asked if I had heard from Marlita. And I hadn't, we never really chatted that much but she was a regular poster back when I was a noob... anyhow for those of you that know her, I just found her blog again and she is pregnant with TWINS! Great news for her!!!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Morning Yardies!

Just a quick catch up today & then I have to sneak my reading homework in before class tonight AND finish up one of my english assignments for Thursday night since today is my FRIDAY!! I'm taking two of my furlough days and making it a loooooong weekend. Of course Thursday I have to go to the DMV to renew my DL before it expires in a few days & I finally got my new SS card so I can change my name on my DL! Not looking forward to waiting for hours at the DMV but they close on Friday also for furlough so it must be done. (Isn't it funny when people tell you what mundane tasks they're going to do when you don't really care?? LOL!)

Ells Im glad you said that! :blink: I need to do that this weekend too. (get my DL picture taken)

Timeline

Hello Ladies

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sooo... SunRay asked if I had heard from Marlita. And I hadn't, we never really chatted that much but she was a regular poster back when I was a noob... anyhow for those of you that know her, I just found her blog again and she is pregnant with TWINS! Great news for her!!!

YAY for Marlita......ohhhhh she is gonna be a busy lady with 2 but at least she has her hubby by her side to be able to help her.....lord knows that will be a huge help.....i cant wait for richard to be here to help me out......but YAY I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR HER! it must be something in the wata that all these jamerican twins are conceived LOL......

do you have a link to her blog cat???

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What are you confused about? You have to register to bid on the auctions - Just read the fine print carefully, cause each auction has different taxes and fees - You can set your max bid per night - For example, I usually bid on Rooms right towards the end of the auction, and set a max bid of $5 or $10 - if you win the auction, you submit your travel dates - Then they confirm if its available, and if it is they charge you for the dates, plus a $20 booking fee -

i was just checking out that website and they do have some pretty good deals...

they have one for 7 nights at rooms and airfare for $295 a person...have you ever used this site?

how is rooms about bringing in guests (locals)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.