SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow JE! So is he in there for life? How did your friend get in contact with him after all these years?

He gets out in 4 years...She called her aunts who told her brusquely to go look on the internet....With prisoners in NY, you can go to a website and put in their name and it comes up with all their info.

One of the things that shocked me was to find out that the govt doesn't give them toothbrushes, soap and deorderant etc. They have to either buy it or people have to send it in to them. He said for years he's had to beg them from his friends in jail. Shoes he was wearing one of his friends asked his family to buy him.

I went to the store yesterday and bought him toothbrushes, soap, deoderant, socks undershirts and some t shirts and sent them priority mail.

My friend in London is going to send me money so I can send him money orders so he can buy stuff like cigarettes.

You don't get much of anything in prison/jail except meals in the mess hall....My brother is incarcerated and has been since 2000.....i have to send him soap, bed sheets, toothbrushes, food packages, deoderant, blah blah blah......but they are so strict on some things alot of times things are returned.....i have had certain deoderants or toothpastes returned becasue alcohol is an ingredient, or food items returned becasue they are items that they can purchase thru commissary.....and also it is never the same at every facility becasue i have had some things returned to me that another facility allowed thru....guess it depends on the CO that day and the mood they are in.....has been a very rough ride for the last 9 years but he gets released in January 2011 so i have begun counting down to the time my brother is free and back home.....i take our little brother to visit and even the babies and that is what i think helps my brother get thru his time and reminds him to keep out of trouble and something to look forward to getting out.....

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
MAWNING YARDIES :dance: NOA1 :dancing:

God bless!

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

has anyone stayed at sky castles in ochi??? if so, would you recommend??? me and the babes and my dad are gotta jet down to visit for 3 days and trying to keep as cheap as possible and its $40 a night per person......any feedback would be great.....

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Dear Lord; I'm feeling sad today...sad because I have friends that are hurting and feeling like their lives are spinning out of control...Lord, I pray that you'll stop that spinning wheel put a halt on it and redirect them...let them know that prayer is the key and to give it time and let you take control. You know the pain this temporary, but show them the way, so that they'll know that too. All this I ask in your son's precious name...AMEN

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Dear Lord; I'm feeling sad today...sad because I have friends that are hurting and feeling like their lives are spinning out of control...Lord, I pray that you'll stop that spinning wheel put a halt on it and redirect them...let them know that prayer is the key and to give it time and let you take control. You know the pain this temporary, but show them the way, so that they'll know that too. All this I ask in your son's precious name...AMEN

Amen! :thumbs:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Don't let the "DEVIL" steal your joy :no: Cheer up Tre :dancing:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning! :D

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
has anyone stayed at sky castles in ochi??? if so, would you recommend??? me and the babes and my dad are gotta jet down to visit for 3 days and trying to keep as cheap as possible and its $40 a night per person......any feedback would be great.....

It doesn't have good reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1...os_Jamaica.html

Did you try Skyauction.com? I have gotten Rooms on the beach for $34 a night

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Just want to say..if anyone comes across any articles with info on education/illiteracy..can u please foreward it to me please! thnx for ur help!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Mstee your daughter is my height at 14....wow.....is her father tall since u said u were short

Yes her dad is about 6ft 1 or 2

I gotta admit this is me too.. I have to start cooking more. I have trouble with juices..like all I know is the brown stew juice

umm what is brown stew juice??

i thought the poisoning was with the fresh ackee, not the canned ackee. so can you buy fresh ackee in the US then? can we get an ackee expert in here please? nobody seems to know the real scoop....

no man, a di can ackee dat was making people sick. I was banned in a US for years then they lifted it. I remember going to Carribana in Canada and they searched our car at the border they took all the cans....

fresh ackee will posion you if you pick it too soon and force it to open by cutting it. It should bust on it's own you also have to clean all the red skin that's on the inside. My male cousins are perverts..say ackee look like pumpum...they sick

Remind me not to eat in front of them. I like the fresh ackee picked right off the tree (opening of course on its own) but I don't like the pum.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jah doan strike mi dung fi dis...

photo-62511.jpg

I don't think she looks THAT bad, to have been judged so harshly...

She does look older but hey if it was the other way around and it was a man filing for a woman they probably wouldnt be so hard......but who knows wat this guys motive is.....I say everything happens for a reason....God know wat he's doin in this situation!

Nat - can you send me the facebook list? Please? Pretty Please...

Me too....Please!!!

I have to leave you with this story... a friend of mine and her 7 year old son...

"On the ride home tonight, Reid said to me: "Mom are you tired of having your periods?", to which I replied, "Um, well, yes I am". He then said, "You should try that thing that lets you have only 4 periods a year". After... calmly explaining to my seven year old boy that unfortunately the "seasonique" pill isn't for me due to my advanced age and my high blood pressure, I promptly came home and threw out our TV."

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I couldnt stop laughing....he's just considerate ,I guess...and a lil curious!

Steve and I might have the same dilemma. I can only go if we have an appointment on a friday. So Im praying all goes well because we have a major age difference.... :crying:

Girl u know u will be ok....at least u got ya teeth :rofl: ......But I hope u get it on the day u want :thumbs: .....plus u do not look bad 4 ur age....that lady made it hard to believe shes even 40 :whistle:

Lol thanks for the encouragement lol

Timeline
MAWNING YARDIES :dance: NOA1 :dancing:

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :dance:

"The Education Minister said about 20 percent of children have learning difficulties and are not being given the attention they need because they need because they are not tested for these challenges. She admitted that one of the major reasons for the low level of literacy was the poor early childhood education systems. (Manning, Gareth., April 7, 2007. Special Educators to Target Illiteracy in Schools)

Im thinking about opening a school in Jamaica if I can...maybe teach there during the summer months...

Timeline
Wow JE! So is he in there for life? How did your friend get in contact with him after all these years?

He gets out in 4 years...She called her aunts who told her brusquely to go look on the internet....With prisoners in NY, you can go to a website and put in their name and it comes up with all their info.

One of the things that shocked me was to find out that the govt doesn't give them toothbrushes, soap and deorderant etc. They have to either buy it or people have to send it in to them. He said for years he's had to beg them from his friends in jail. Shoes he was wearing one of his friends asked his family to buy him.

I went to the store yesterday and bought him toothbrushes, soap, deoderant, socks undershirts and some t shirts and sent them priority mail.

My friend in London is going to send me money so I can send him money orders so he can buy stuff like cigarettes.

You don't get much of anything in prison/jail except meals in the mess hall....My brother is incarcerated and has been since 2000.....i have to send him soap, bed sheets, toothbrushes, food packages, deoderant, blah blah blah......but they are so strict on some things alot of times things are returned.....i have had certain deoderants or toothpastes returned becasue alcohol is an ingredient, or food items returned becasue they are items that they can purchase thru commissary.....and also it is never the same at every facility becasue i have had some things returned to me that another facility allowed thru....guess it depends on the CO that day and the mood they are in.....has been a very rough ride for the last 9 years but he gets released in January 2011 so i have begun counting down to the time my brother is free and back home.....i take our little brother to visit and even the babies and that is what i think helps my brother get thru his time and reminds him to keep out of trouble and something to look forward to getting out.....

Thats whats up, little things mean alot!

Timeline

Amen - Feel better Lawny

Timeline

Amen!!!

It doesn't have good reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1...os_Jamaica.html

Did you try Skyauction.com? I have gotten Rooms on the beach for $34 a night

Sus, you are a WEALTH of knowledge and on point too! I appreciate you! :thumbs:

Timeline
Sus, you are a WEALTH of knowledge and on point too! I appreciate you! :thumbs:

Thanks MsTee - But Google is my friend, lol

RIP Steely :cry:

Music fraternity mourns the loss of one half of 'Steely and Clevie' duo

Steely hailed as 'unique. great soldier of reggae music'

By Yasmine Peru, Entertainment editor peruy@jamaicaobserver.com

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The reggae music fraternity across the globe is mourning the loss of pioneering dancehall producer/musician Wycleffe 'Steely' Johnson, one half of the famous duo, Steely and Clevie. Steely, who was in critical condition at a New York hospital, died yesterday morning. Doctors say he was suffering from pneumonia after having recovered from kidney complications in December last year.

The dancehall duo of Cleveland 'Clevie' Browne (left) and the late Wycleffe 'Steely' Johnson in happier days.

Long recognised as a trailblazer in the dancehall genre, Steely was well loved among his peers and proved an enduring influence on the lives of the many artistes with whom he came in contact. Such was his impact that one selector, Dwayne McKay, who was born and raised in Brooklyn and is of Trinidadian and Jamaican parentage, took on the moniker 'Steelie Bashment' after his idol Steely, who himself was a sound system selector on his popular Silver Hawk sound.

Upon hearing of his passing, Minister of Youth, Sports and Culture Olivia Grange hailed him as one of the "true innovators in the development of Jamaica's Dancehall music".

In a release, Grange stated, "Jamaica has lost another brilliant musician, but we must give thanks for Steely's creativity and abundance of talent which enriched our music immeasurably."

The New York-based VP Records, with whom Steely and Clevie had a long association, stated in

their release that Steely was "truly unique".

"Wycleffe 'Steely' Johnson was not only one of the pioneers of Reggae, but also a gentleman in every sense of the word, and he has departed from us today after three decades of his groundbreaking music talents with Jamaican and international artistes. He will be sadly missed by all those who knew him, either personally or through his music."

Steelie started his career as the original keyboard player with the Roots Radix Band which backed singers Gregory Isaacs, Bunny Wailer and numerous other artistes both on tour and in the recording studio. He is listed as one of the pioneers of dancehall, but certainly not limited to this genre. Steely and Clevie have worked together for 30 years with domestic and international artistes of many styles with great success.

International dancehall act, Sean Paul, who recently released his fourth studio album, Imperial Blaze, is among the many who have sent condolences to the family, friends and fans of this dancehall heavyweight.

"He taught Jamaica, the world and me in particular a lot about music, and helped to nurture dancehall music into a genre that kids still enjoy today. May his soul rest in peace . a great soldier of Reggae Music."

Steelie and Clevie worked closely with Sean Paul producing the hit track Coxsone Dodd remastered

I'm Still in love with You featuring Sasha.

Another artiste, Screechie Joe, paid tribute to Steely as "the best producer I have ever worked with and the best riddim man".

Joe, who deejay Lady G notes was "one of Steely's best friends", was full of grief when the Observer spoke to him yesterday. "I enjoyed working with him. I have been around him from the 80s till he built a sound called Silver Hawk. I used to do dubplates and specials for Steely," the artiste recalled. "Now he is gone."

Lady G and Nadine Sutherland, like many others, recalled Steely as a perfectionist who took his craft seriously. "My song, Starvation In the Land was one of the first songs Steely worked on. I was 11 years old and I can remember being so impressed with him then . and throughout the years that has not changed," Nadine said.

Among the first to send condolences was Bounty Killer and his Alliance family. "Steely's works shaped the modern sound of digital dancehall and his contribution to Jamaican music is immeasurable. His energy and effervescent character will be missed at studio sessions and on corners across Kingston and around the world," Bounty stated.

During the mid 70s to early 80s, the duo also played on several hit recordings for various producers and their extensive discography includes Dawn Penn's 1992 rendition of No, No, No. In 1988, Steely and Clevie officially cemented their musical marriage and later launched their Studio 2000 label which spawned numerous hit songs for a slew of artistes, securing them slots on charts worldwide, including Billboard.

Steely and Clevie have worked with No Doubt, Billy Ocean, Back Street Boys, Heavy D & The Boyz, Buju Banton, Capleton, Maxi Priest, Jimmy Cliff, Gregory Isaacs, Shabba Ranks, Beenie Man, Mr

Vegas, Bounty Killer, Elephant Man, Freddie McGregor, Dennis Brown, Lady Saw, Barrington Levy to name a few.

His musical partner, Cleveland 'Clevie' Browne, could not be reached for comment.

Funeral and memorial arrangements will be announced.

Oh, so true!

20090901T210000-0500_158690_OBS_EDITORIAL_CARTOON___SEPTEMBER__________1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.