SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am seriously thinking of having Mr. do the medical in Kingston :angry:

Heaven, someone who knows soon come answer your question! (L)

Jus smiley-greet024.gif

When is he coming!?? :Dsmiley-transport015.gif :D

wahgwan mi friend!

he will be here on monday!

:D

i can't believe it

heaven~ D's interview was on a friday, and his re-rass-interview was on a friday again

oh really ?? oh my thats just made my night !! lol...thanks Just..that brings some hope for us ..thnks for the info !! :)

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey yardies i have a question !!

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW FOR A FRIDAY ??

the thing is ..with school i'm not allowed to miss any days of class..the only time i will actucally have time to go to the intetrview is the last week in NOV ( thanksgiving week) but the only days i have off are the 26th (thurs) and the 27th (fri)..if not then i would have to wait until the second or third week of december...

Not sure if anyone answered you on this but our interview was on a Friday. You might want to check and see if they are even open the day after Thanksgiving.

Yeah i was thinking about that too...since its is a holiday !! so i' m like damn..but i will def. check on that..thkns Dillon !! :)

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

FINALLY CAUGHT UP

i got no touches either and it just appeared .. you signed up for email notification right

Yeah I did that

Mstee your daughter is my height at 14....wow.....is her father tall since u said u were short

Dada....sorry to hear u got fired.....wish u the best with job hunting

HUH?? :blink: Goodness gracious Robin who told you dat??Mi naa get fired.. Did they tell you they know I be on the computa all day at work?? Mi still got a job mi tink.

:rofl: Sorry mi read di post wrong....lol......yuh job safe....at least dats wah mi tink

me too My2..........bout to watch sum tv though and lay down....I have a headache that comes and go.......trying not to stress ova this NOA2....idk how Nat did it....Nat where u at????

Hey. I had Monday night book club meeting tonight. Then my friend visited for a bit. We were discussing the low standards too many women have for their men, and how that enables some men to have no drive... cause they still have women who accept their ambition-less selves.

I see good discussion :thumbs:

morning all

Love---i know exactly how u feel..just precious

Just a little note..i've decided to back off the post on any sites..especially since OAFJF is on the rise and I cannot afford anything coming back to haunt us..I'll probably come on ever so often an read but not post much..mi dey bout same way fi whoever waan link mi..so I WILL BE TRYING TO BREAK MY VJ ADDICTION :).

Good luck to everyone in and about to start the process..

no more story posts for me...so all who want to..can start making up stories to the end of this BC ordeal :)..much love!

Gonna miss ya....I understand u will still be here but not with all di posting.....ya gotta look out for di best interest of OAFJF!!!

Hey ladies!!!

Had a relly busy weekend, drove up to NY again.

Shopped til I dropped, found some really good deals on shoes for my son, got 4 pairs of shoes for $80!!

Took my friend to visit her father who has been in jail for 21 years!!!

Was really amazing being there. She last saw him when she was about 7 or 8.

He is in jail for manslaughter, but but his time got extended because he got in trouble in jail. He has been at the jail he is in now for 3 years, this was the SECOND time anyone visited him!!!

I guess I can hardly imagine being in jail, but it got really hard to imagine being in jail and no-one coming to see you :(

So, the messed up thing about the whole situation is that my friend lives in London, she goes back today. Her other sister lives in Jamaica, she goes back next week. Their other sister lives in NY, but she is here illegally so she's scared to show the prison her passport to use as ID to visit him :(

But at least now they can send him care packages and money to make his life that much easier.

The thing that really moved me was to see him bawling like a baby when we had to leave, was thinking of how tough he is, how hardened, and yet to see him there with tears running down his cheeks has to be one of the most moving things I ever saw.

Did think about the guy he killed though, and wondered how I'd feel if he was my family....

aaawwww that was a touchin story and like u said one can only imagine how the family of the deceased feels.....im glad ur friend got to see her father

I am so tired today. I stayed up way to late watching part one and two of this African movie Beyonce. Anyone ever see it?

Yeah I have....dem African movies will do that to ya.....and dere is always part 1, 2, 3 or 4.....they keep u wanting more...lol

I have Beyonce and Rihanna but still didnt watch it!

Wow JE! So is he in there for life? How did your friend get in contact with him after all these years?

He gets out in 4 years...She called her aunts who told her brusquely to go look on the internet....With prisoners in NY, you can go to a website and put in their name and it comes up with all their info.

One of the things that shocked me was to find out that the govt doesn't give them toothbrushes, soap and deorderant etc. They have to either buy it or people have to send it in to them. He said for years he's had to beg them from his friends in jail. Shoes he was wearing one of his friends asked his family to buy him.

I went to the store yesterday and bought him toothbrushes, soap, deoderant, socks undershirts and some t shirts and sent them priority mail.

My friend in London is going to send me money so I can send him money orders so he can buy stuff like cigarettes.

Thats very thoughtful of u girl.....trust me four yrs will go by quickly...well at least not to him.....

:ot: can u believe Christmas is in 3 months!

Edited by Haymsmorgan

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I gotta admit this is me too.. I have to start cooking more. I have trouble with juices..like all I know is the brown stew juice

umm what is brown stew juice??

i thought the poisoning was with the fresh ackee, not the canned ackee. so can you buy fresh ackee in the US then? can we get an ackee expert in here please? nobody seems to know the real scoop....

no man, a di can ackee dat was making people sick. I was banned in a US for years then they lifted it. I remember going to Carribana in Canada and they searched our car at the border they took all the cans....

fresh ackee will posion you if you pick it too soon and force it to open by cutting it. It should bust on it's own you also have to clean all the red skin that's on the inside. My male cousins are perverts..say ackee look like pumpum...they sick

Remind me not to eat in front of them. I like the fresh ackee picked right off the tree (opening of course on its own) but I don't like the pum.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jah doan strike mi dung fi dis...

photo-62511.jpg

I don't think she looks THAT bad, to have been judged so harshly...

She does look older but hey if it was the other way around and it was a man filing for a woman they probably wouldnt be so hard......but who knows wat this guys motive is.....I say everything happens for a reason....God know wat he's doin in this situation!

Nat - can you send me the facebook list? Please? Pretty Please...

Me too....Please!!!

I have to leave you with this story... a friend of mine and her 7 year old son...

"On the ride home tonight, Reid said to me: "Mom are you tired of having your periods?", to which I replied, "Um, well, yes I am". He then said, "You should try that thing that lets you have only 4 periods a year". After... calmly explaining to my seven year old boy that unfortunately the "seasonique" pill isn't for me due to my advanced age and my high blood pressure, I promptly came home and threw out our TV."

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I couldnt stop laughing....he's just considerate ,I guess...and a lil curious!

Steve and I might have the same dilemma. I can only go if we have an appointment on a friday. So Im praying all goes well because we have a major age difference.... :crying:

Girl u know u will be ok....at least u got ya teeth :rofl: ......But I hope u get it on the day u want :thumbs: .....plus u do not look bad 4 ur age....that lady made it hard to believe shes even 40 :whistle:

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Jah doan strike mi dung fi dis...

photo-62511.jpg

I don't think she looks THAT bad, to have been judged so harshly...

If I had seen the pic with no background info, I would have assumed it was his mother. Maybe even a young looking grandmother.

SHE looks in love, let's hope he is. With her.

Edited by JaEnglishGirl

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MAWNING YARDIES :dance: NOA1 :dancing:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

good morning all!! Thought of the day :)

Minister ofEducation Andrew Holness said, in March 2008, that Jamaica faced serious issues related to literacy. He made direct link between illiteracy and violence in schools, as students become frustrated when they cannot understand what is being taught. (The Book Tax and Crime, JamaicaObserver.com, Sunday, May 3, 2009.)

Edited by SupportOAFJF

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Good Morning ladies! Half of the week is over with thank the lord!

Nat - can you send me the facebook list? Please? Pretty Please...

Me too....Please!!!

Me too please Nat! Im confused about 3 people LOL

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline

"The Education Minister said about 20 percent of children have learning difficulties and are not being given the attention they need because they need because they are not tested for these challenges. She admitted that one of the major reasons for the low level of literacy was the poor early childhood education systems. (Manning, Gareth., April 7, 2007. Special Educators to Target Illiteracy in Schools)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
"The Education Minister said about 20 percent of children have learning difficulties and are not being given the attention they need because they need because they are not tested for these challenges. She admitted that one of the major reasons for the low level of literacy was the poor early childhood education systems. (Manning, Gareth., Special Educators to Target Illiteracy in Schools, Jamaica Gleaner, April 7, 2007 . )

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Morning all!

IrieCat, Rachel Ray has done a bunch of stuff with lunch box ideas for picky eaters - Some are here: http://www.rachaelray.com/food_results.php?kID=5

Morning everyone! Thanks Sus, I will check it out. I think I am going to see if I can find something she can bring a warm lunch in. It will only be about 5 times out of the month. Hopefully she will just end up wanting school lunch all the time. I have to start putting my foot down... :-)

Hope everyone is having a nice morning! :-)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.