Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I was browsing around and came across this question what do y'all think???

OMG.... my fiance just had his interview in Jordan... things were going fine and suddenly when the CO saw our pics, she decided he was only marrying me for the visa because of our age difference! I am 15 years older, and i was not wearing my false plate in the picture, so he was only marrying me for the visa, according to her. She kept telling him "she has no teeth" He was so upset, he is not even sure if we are denied or what. What can we do? I am soooooo upset. I don't know what to do.

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS!!!! :rofl: I have been laughing for the last five minutes ova dis. I can't even believe the OP would post this.. LOL Can you imagine the person telling you your SO has no teeth? He should have grabbed himself and smiled at the person and said with a sly smile, ”That is why I love and married her....”

I see who ever interviewed him held no punches... I could see her face like huh?? But why would he take a pic with no teeth bettta yet why is she posing for pics with no teeth. This is too Funny!!!!!

:whistle:

photo-62511.jpg

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=215871

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
I think I will have to figure out 1 standard lunch choice. So if she doesn't like the school menu it's "mom's choice" and thats it. Then maybe she will think twice about the options at school.

U mothers are so GREAT packing lunches and such!!! I tell my kids eat the school lunches are eat dinner when u come home. The choice is urs.

No actually I think YOU are GREAT! I should just do that but I can't stand the whining! Gotta get tougher with the food issues. I hope she "grows into" liking veggies.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am seriously thinking of having Mr. do the medical in Kingston :angry:

Heaven, someone who knows soon come answer your question! (L)

Jus smiley-greet024.gif

When is he coming!?? :Dsmiley-transport015.gif :D

wahgwan mi friend!

he will be here on monday!

:D

i can't believe it

heaven~ D's interview was on a friday, and his re-rass-interview was on a friday again

:dancing: Monday :dancing:

:rofl: @ re-rass-interview

Congrats girl, you've been through enough. You will have your best friend soon (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MS...tee I don't think it's the liquor, if that was the case they would be very busy. I had 12 small bottles of rum cream in my suitcases and 3 larger bottles I purchased at the airport. they never mentioned it. The only time I had problems with liquor was when I brought back 6 bottles of Trelawny rum. You're only allowed 3 bottles, so they told me next time don't do that or give someone 3 bottles to carry and I carry the other three. Rum cream is treated differently, can't remember what the told me. But it has something to do with the amount of alcohol that's in the product. They don't bother me much anymore when I come back, it's when I go to Jamaica I get harrased about frequent trips and is taken to another room for questioning. Since I got my resident stamp that hasn't happened. I don't let them bother me anymore.

Thank you. I think it may be because I work for a shipping company (carrier ships) and I work in the PURCHASING dept. They said to me one time, "oh so you work with the docks" I said no "I work in an office and I don't actually do any purchasing"..... Thats when the use red marker on my document and off to be searched I go! My company has to deal with customs and immigrations so I don't know why they be acting like this!

Timeline
Time for me to go to school........ Likkle more peoples.... Have a great day!

mstee - 60 people???

Yes thats how I began my journey going to Ja. I have always wanted to go and some friends of our family throws the trip every year so a group of us go every year. This year it was only about 30 of us.

i would much rather travel by myself or with one other person than a big group. i went one time with a big group and it was a nightmare....everybody arguing and shyt...

This happens to be a religious group so they aiight. I just use them for the group rates! :rofl::rofl:

Timeline

I have to leave you with this story... a friend of mine and her 7 year old son...

"On the ride home tonight, Reid said to me: "Mom are you tired of having your periods?", to which I replied, "Um, well, yes I am". He then said, "You should try that thing that lets you have only 4 periods a year". After... calmly explaining to my seven year old boy that unfortunately the "seasonique" pill isn't for me due to my advanced age and my high blood pressure, I promptly came home and threw out our TV."

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Well I just got ahold of NVC

they say this case is undergoing additional processing... :unsure:

BUT I got my KNG# so I can send packet 3 to A with the cover letter requesting interview in Nov.

Had my Dr. visit yesterday, he is hoping this does not end up like in the movies where we are rushing to OR with my man on one side and a priest on the other :lol:

:help:

Gurl I was stuck in it for 25 days... hope things go better for you... matta fact Im almost certain they will. You carrying one of God's lil angels :)

Mstee, that's great your friend is a pastry chef! If you need ideas, I recommend coconut! Mmmm! :thumbs:

And coconut happens to be one of my favorites!!! Especially coconut rum! lol

Timeline
I have to leave you with this story... a friend of mine and her 7 year old son...

"On the ride home tonight, Reid said to me: "Mom are you tired of having your periods?", to which I replied, "Um, well, yes I am". He then said, "You should try that thing that lets you have only 4 periods a year". After... calmly explaining to my seven year old boy that unfortunately the "seasonique" pill isn't for me due to my advanced age and my high blood pressure, I promptly came home and threw out our TV."

That's funny. He sounds like a very caring (and curious) young man.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I need some suggestions... Tierra has decided she wants me to send her with lunch somedays. Days when she doesnt like anything on the school menu. Now here is the issue.... SHE IS SO FREAKIN' PICKY. You couldn't tell by looking at a picture of her but she does not eat a variety of food.

She doesnt want pb&j. No cheese, no meats really. (I may be able to sneak a salami & mayo once in a while).

She likes bread... And I cannot send her to school with a mayo sandwich!! She wont eat ANY veggies!!! So fruit it is, but there must be something else.

Can anyone give me an idea? She can eat meat if she wants, I don't tell her no. But there isnt much she likes.

Fruit Salad and crackers!! LOL

how bout egg salad sandwich? tuna sandwich? or a bag of peanuts...honey roasted kind?

granola bars, fruit snacks, lunchables (that are appealing to her), granola, raisins, egg salad, yogurt (freeze the night before), pasta salad

Maybe you have to make the food look appealing

straight from that link:

Click here to enter our secure website Fresh ackee is available for sale. the price of our ackee will be 8.99 per pound plus shipping and handling. Unfortunately at this time we will only ship to the Continental United States.

looks to me like you can buy it fresh...

I saw that too. Wonder how it would ship across the country from RI to CA....hmmm.... Lehi often talks about opening his own Jamaican restaurant some day. It sure would be nice to have a supplier for the ingredients that are hard to find here....like ackee, breadfruit, etc. I was thinking if only we could just grow our own trees that would solve a lot of the problem. But here in SF it won't work since I rent & my parents property gets too cold in the winter. I wonder if they have seasonal greenhouses that could cover entire trees! :lol:

Steve wants to also and have his family run it in JA

I need some suggestions... Tierra has decided she wants me to send her with lunch somedays. Days when she doesnt like anything on the school menu. Now here is the issue.... SHE IS SO FREAKIN' PICKY. You couldn't tell by looking at a picture of her but she does not eat a variety of food.

She doesnt want pb&j. No cheese, no meats really. (I may be able to sneak a salami & mayo once in a while).

She likes bread... And I cannot send her to school with a mayo sandwich!! She wont eat ANY veggies!!! So fruit it is, but there must be something else.

Can anyone give me an idea? She can eat meat if she wants, I don't tell her no. But there isnt much she likes.

What would she pack if it was left to her? Does she like spaghetti? You could blend up zucchini, carrots & other stuff in a pre-made sauce to fool her into eating her veggies & pack containers of spaghetti w/sauce. I don't know what I'd do if I had a picky eater....I think the kid would go hungry until they decided to try something (I say this now while I'm not a parent...lol).

In all honesty thats what you are "supposed" to do. You have to give them what you make and if they don't eat it, its okay. They will eventually get hungry and eat what you make. It worked for my son. All he wanted was PB&J. :blink:

Timeline

how bout egg salad sandwich? tuna sandwich? or a bag of peanuts...honey roasted kind?

granola bars, fruit snacks, lunchables (that are appealing to her), granola, raisins, egg salad, yogurt (freeze the night before), pasta salad

Maybe you have to make the food look appealing

Fruit snacks.. yes. Got those. She doesnt eat eggs, yogurt, cold pasta or granola! LOL I am telling you.. its tough. I wont give her the lunchables. They are SOOOO full of ####### and then she doesnt eat 1/2 of it anyhow.

I think we got it covered tonight at the grocery store. grapes, pineapple, peaches and oranges and mango. Tuna & Mayo. Wheat Thins and some all natural fruit snacks. She likes the "smooshed fruit" and thats got nothing in it but fruit. She got a couple not so good things. those orange cheese crackers and oreo dippers but thats it for junk. We will see how it goes. She will eat school lunch when she thinks its something she likes. She is actually more likely to try something when the other kids at school are eating it. I just hope her pallette changes as she grows and she starts to like veggies more.

I got myself some asparagus and brussell sprouts... all kinds of good green stuff! ;)

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
I saw that too MsSheka...

I think it's sad that when it comes right down to it, our lives hang on the perception of ONE PERSON in this Visa Journey...

I also think she should have GONE TO THE INTERVIEW....

It says all over VJ that age difference is a major red flag.

Still I feel bad for her. :(

Steve and I might have the same dilemma. I can only go if we have an appointment on a friday. So Im praying all goes well because we have a major age difference.... :crying:

Timeline
ja p..im not trying to be ugly.. pls believe.. i know that u NEVER can tell w/ love.. sometimes ppl just don't match, but the love is unmistakable.. im just giving my opinion at first glance.. the posters are right.. she should have come to the interview.. MAYBE the attraction would have been visible.. or again,, maybe its a blessing in disguise, only time will tell i guess...

Quana :rofl:

Hey yardies i have a question !!

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW FOR A FRIDAY ??

the thing is ..with school i'm not allowed to miss any days of class..the only time i will actucally have time to go to the intetrview is the last week in NOV ( thanksgiving week) but the only days i have off are the 26th (thurs) and the 27th (fri)..if not then i would have to wait until the second or third week of december...

Heaven we in the same boat sis!

the thing is ..with school i'm not allowed to miss any days of class..the only time i will actucally have time to go to the intetrview is the last week in NOV ( thanksgiving week) but the only days i have off are the 26th (thurs) and the 27th (fri)..if not then i would have to wait until the second or third week of december...

I'm not sure but when the time comes, you can always write the embassy & see if they schedule on Fridays. Once you have your NOA2, you can write the consularkingst addy & request a specific date or timeframe....most of the time I think they oblige.

Try telling steve's mom that :angry:

I'm not sure but when the time comes, you can always write the embassy & see if they schedule on Fridays. Once you have your NOA2, you can write the consularkingst addy & request a specific date or timeframe....most of the time I think they oblige.

I am seriously thinking of having Mr. do the medical in Kingston :angry:

Heaven, someone who knows soon come answer your question! (L)

Jus smiley-greet024.gif

When is he coming!?? :Dsmiley-transport015.gif :D

As far as the medical goes, no matter where it is people have reported problems. For convenience sake, Mobay Hope is a little closer but seems like there have been enough problems from there lately. They may need to be reported to the embassy or powers that be. Seems some shady stuff goes on there. That aside, maybe when you call & make the appointment for him, the woman will see you guys are serious & she'll make a note of who he is & that you called for him. As long as he's clean on all fronts (drugs, STDs, etc.), he'll probably pass with flying colors. It's hard to say though....this whole process is so unpredictable.

Yes I heard the Medical in Kingston treats Americans better. I called them to ask a question and they were very nice to me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.