Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
btw, i been hearing a tarrus riley song on the radio for a while now

"S-craving"

oh man, fell in love with the song immediately

i cna count on one hand the amount of reggae cd's i have ever bought

but that song struck such a chord with me that i bought the cd on the strength of that song alone

Loooooooooooooving the album

title is "Contagious"

its very very good ppl

JAPrincess would love it

btw, where is newlynluv?

So Glad I saw this!!! :thumbs:

Not sure if I will ever catch up :wacko:

What good news mi miss?? :unsure:

where the heck have you been? having me all worried over here...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i just thought you couldn't bring it back when travelling......isn't it for the same reason why you cannot buy it fresh in the US??

There were some poisoning issues with the canned. That's why we couldn't get it here for a while. I think it's more precautionary on the fresh. FDA #######.

I love ackee. I've never had problems bringing them back. I don't boil them anymore, just pick them and oil them then freeze. The customs officer joked and asked if I was opening a store in Silver Spring

i never tried to carry them back...mainly because i have no idea how to cook them...maybe we'll try next time...good idea

lawd...ow u deh wid a yardman n no know ow fi cook ackee...can u'r hubby cook it? When my husband and I came up last year we damn near brought the entire island...this trip was fun too. With 8 suitcases u bet I was going to pack them with as much as I could.

Yet I got no care package......(kelly sucks teeth and walks away)

I love you though...mi a save it fi when u reach

Ha ha.....yeah, right. Like the peanut punch???????

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mstee, that's great your friend is a pastry chef! If you need ideas, I recommend coconut! Mmmm! :thumbs:

Ells you're another one I'm mad at...no invite, no cake, no rum, no food, no pictures....I gets no love

Awww, don't be mad at me....you were invited, you just weren't here (were you?)! Sorry doa, di cake nyam off....drunk friends were posted around the cake table picking at every last piece! LOL! Actually all the food was eaten...we had jerk chicken, rice & peas & cabbage salad....I'm sure you could make it better than even our hosts. And they dumped the rum punch that didn't get drank! This was me the next day when I came back to see what was left: :crying: Pictures soon come though! We're waiting for the pro to edit & stuff....should be ready in another month. I'll make sure & invite you when his father throws a party for us!

i would much rather travel by myself or with one other person than a big group. i went one time with a big group and it was a nightmare....everybody arguing and shyt...

Me too! I could travel with one or two others but when it gets to be a bunch of people, there are always some who just can't go with the flow.

Well I just got ahold of NVC

they say this case is undergoing additional processing... :unsure:

BUT I got my KNG# so I can send packet 3 to A with the cover letter requesting interview in Nov.

Had my Dr. visit yesterday, he is hoping this does not end up like in the movies where we are rushing to OR with my man on one side and a priest on the other :lol:

:help:

I hope that additional processing goes quickly mi fren. :thumbs:

Timeline
Time for me to go to school........ Likkle more peoples.... Have a great day!

mstee - 60 people???

Yes thats how I began my journey going to Ja. I have always wanted to go and some friends of our family throws the trip every year so a group of us go every year. This year it was only about 30 of us.

i would much rather travel by myself or with one other person than a big group. i went one time with a big group and it was a nightmare....everybody arguing and shyt...

Finess I don't like it either. I did that once, never, never again...that was back in the early 90s. I left and went to stay at my dad's house. It was an 11 day trip and they drove me insane...like I was a damn interpreter.

You all know how well my last group trip worked out :whistle: The latest - One of the girls emailed me that did I want to plan a trip to Jamaica for Feb or April when she has a break from school - I emailed her back - Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm - HELLO = that would not go over well - "Hey DJ, I am going to be in JA on X date - but with my friends" = CLUELESS! Plus the one friend, no WAY will I travel to JA with her - we would lose her drunk in the club and get a call that she was over in St. Elizabeth or something -

i should hook up your friend with my friend. my friend just asked if i wanted to go with her in december. the last time i went with her she got pregnant by a man she just met......

i was like omg never again!!!

Timeline
i should hook up your friend with my friend. my friend just asked if i wanted to go with her in december. the last time i went with her she got pregnant by a man she just met......

:o:o:blink::blink::bonk::bonk:

Timeline

BUT I got my KNG# so I can send packet 3 to A with the cover letter requesting interview in Nov.

Had my Dr. visit yesterday, he is hoping this does not end up like in the movies where we are rushing to OR with my man on one side and a priest on the other :lol:

Okay that is scary i think i missed this but why would that be happening? IS everything okay with the baby?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Ha ha.....yeah, right. Like the peanut punch???????

You can come visit me - I'll get you peanut punch :whistle:

My favorite thing in all of JA.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

:o:o:blink::blink::bonk::bonk:

i know...it was so embarassing. she ended up having a miscarraige and then i told her to take her azz to get an HIV test.....

Timeline
i thought the poisoning was with the fresh ackee, not the canned ackee. so can you buy fresh ackee in the US then? can we get an ackee expert in here please? nobody seems to know the real scoop....

OMG....

Finesee, pay attention.....I'll go slow.....

Food poisoning was in the cans. They stopped exporting for the longest time. Once deemed okay, it's been outrageously expensive.

I think the reason you can't get fresh here is because of poisoning issues. FDA #######. I personally have never heard of any fresh available here. I could just not have heard it though.

(kidding on the slow part :bonk: )

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I am shocked that my friend hasn't gotten pregnant yet and didn't know the daddy - They would probably be calling us from some man's house, not knowing where they are!

She doesn't have a passport, which is always my excuse - But NO WAY am I dealing with her in JA - I can barely handle it here -

Okay that is scary i think i missed this but why would that be happening? IS everything okay with the baby?

LOL, Dillon - The priest would be marrying them as she goes into deliver -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Evening All! :)

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
i thought the poisoning was with the fresh ackee, not the canned ackee. so can you buy fresh ackee in the US then? can we get an ackee expert in here please? nobody seems to know the real scoop....

OMG....

Finesee, pay attention.....I'll go slow.....

Food poisoning was in the cans. They stopped exporting for the longest time. Once deemed okay, it's been outrageously expensive.

I think the reason you can't get fresh here is because of poisoning issues. FDA #######. I personally have never heard of any fresh available here. I could just not have heard it though.

(kidding on the slow part :bonk: )

fighting0001.gif

Timeline

I am shocked that my friend hasn't gotten pregnant yet and didn't know the daddy - They would probably be calling us from some man's house, not knowing where they are!

She doesn't have a passport, which is always my excuse - But NO WAY am I dealing with her in JA - I can barely handle it here -

LOL, Dillon - The priest would be marrying them as she goes into deliver -

I was confused too.. lol.. thanks for the clarification, now i can see that LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.