• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Watch...Nat be the next one preggo.....

I rebuke those words!

:rofl::rofl:

i totally understand the direct flight ... if i didnt have two kids i would spend the extra but for now i am on the quest for a inexpensive flight lol

Reason #4829...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

How do you really feel Nat?? :lol:

its kind of a boring day today. I know I need to wash clothes....

OMG!! Me too! I still haven't fully unpacked from my vacation a week and a half ago..just sad

Don't feel bad, I've taken up to a month (maybe more?) to fully unpack from some trips. Or I'll go camping & the gear sits outside for a couple months before it gets put away....a couple times I've camped again before it ever got put away. :bonk:

is a common thing for the father name to not be on the bc, not that it makes it ok

they trying to pass a law now to make it mandatory, as a matter of fact is just a matter of time before they actually pass it

common wid dungcya ppl..MY FATHER AND MOTHER WERE NEVER MARRIED AND HIS NAME NAME IS ON ALLLL OUR BC!.

I can't wait for the law to pass..KIDS NEED TO KNOW WHO THEIR DADS ARE..EVEN IF THEY NEVER TAKE CARE OF THEM..COME ON MAN..

KASHI AND HIS BROTHERS BC HAS THEIR FATHER NAME ON IT..COME ON..U AVE PICKNEY.U NO WUK..U NO GO SCHOOL..U NO DO NUTTIN..YUH CYAA TEK CARE A NECESSITIES????

OKAY?!?!

Timeline

Time for me to go to school........ Likkle more peoples.... Have a great day!

mstee - 60 people???

Yes thats how I began my journey going to Ja. I have always wanted to go and some friends of our family throws the trip every year so a group of us go every year. This year it was only about 30 of us.

Timeline
that's how it should be

and i think that's what ja is trying to do now to get men to own up to their responsibility as fathers

but a nuff dolly house a go mash up if that law really pass

because nuff man who nuh supposed to have children haffi go own up

they should just make paternity test mandatory

:lol: I like that saying....but it is true unfortunately. :yes:

Yes! and there was another girl waiting for the bus... SIERRA! LOL. She is in 4th grade and Tierra was still bigger and taller!

I am so envious of you and Legz and Ells and all you ladies who take classes! I need a life coach to get me organized and I so want to go back to school!!! I mean I know I would complain about school work... but I wanna do it!!

It's not easy going back to school, but it's definitely worth it - I have found that as an adult, I appreciate the schooling much more than I did at 18 - However, I will be VERY glad to have it over - this is my last year!!

Yep, it's never too late to go back to school....just a little harder to manage your time.

I agree Sus, I appreciate it a lot more too now. I didn't do well in community college when I was fresh out of high school but now I won't settle for anything less than the best because I value it now.

i'm sure we have had this discussion on here before but what is the best way to send money to ja? we send money for hubby dawta via western union once a month and pay $11.99 to send it. there must be a better way.....

I used Senvia after using some of the other services a couple times. It's only $5 to send BUT you do have to allow it 5-7 business days for the transaction to complete. If you plan ahead of time though, it does save over time....it just doesn't have that instant convenience that the others do. I used it many times though & never had any problems.

and btw, i hate spending good money on work clothes!!!

Me too! Work clothes are no fun!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

mstee - 60 people???

Yes thats how I began my journey going to Ja. I have always wanted to go and some friends of our family throws the trip every year so a group of us go every year. This year it was only about 30 of us.

i would much rather travel by myself or with one other person than a big group. i went one time with a big group and it was a nightmare....everybody arguing and shyt...

Timeline

mi chat to miself? oonu dumb? deaf?

how many of your hubbys have gained weight since they been here?

i just forced hubby to go to the doctor for a physical....and i think he has developed some allergys too....and guess what? the doctor told him he was overweight and he needed to go on a diet...he came here weighing 185 and now weighs 210 :blush:

(sorry babes for puttin yuh biznez out there)

Finesse my hubby started going to the gym. His belly was getting outta control. Last night at 11:30 pm he was eating bun and cheese :blush: . He is defeating the purpose. :blush:

i like hubby way better at this weight than before....but not much more....he eat way too much

Mine too! I think it's because he's not working & spends more time at home than normal. I'm sure once he gets to work, he'll nyam a little less. His Mom saw our FB pics of the wedding & when they talked on the phone she told him he was getting fat! I think that bothered him a little although I don't think he's fat at all....just has a little belly which I don't mind! :luv:

you see those ads where the woman says she and her husband cut out sodas all she lost was one dress size and he lost a whole person?

soooooooooooooo true

Annoying isn't it? :lol:

Well....if a war unu want mek is start....

wah a gwaane rebels...mi miss unu

WELCOME BACK LAWNY! We missed you!

gifts well, lets see mi bring

2 dozen roast breadfruit

8 pears

6 hardo bread

mi lost count pon di ackee

6 bags a sugar cane

a carry on full of spicy bun maybe (30)

lost count of the small bottle of rumcream and peanut punch

All 8 suitcases were overweight...thank God for my lastname...family deh everiweh!

:lol::lol:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey ladies!!!

Had a relly busy weekend, drove up to NY again.

Shopped til I dropped, found some really good deals on shoes for my son, got 4 pairs of shoes for $80!!

Took my friend to visit her father who has been in jail for 21 years!!!

Was really amazing being there. She last saw him when she was about 7 or 8.

He is in jail for manslaughter, but but his time got extended because he got in trouble in jail. He has been at the jail he is in now for 3 years, this was the SECOND time anyone visited him!!!

I guess I can hardly imagine being in jail, but it got really hard to imagine being in jail and no-one coming to see you :(

So, the messed up thing about the whole situation is that my friend lives in London, she goes back today. Her other sister lives in Jamaica, she goes back next week. Their other sister lives in NY, but she is here illegally so she's scared to show the prison her passport to use as ID to visit him :(

But at least now they can send him care packages and money to make his life that much easier.

The thing that really moved me was to see him bawling like a baby when we had to leave, was thinking of how tough he is, how hardened, and yet to see him there with tears running down his cheeks has to be one of the most moving things I ever saw.

Did think about the guy he killed though, and wondered how I'd feel if he was my family....

Wow JAE

Thanks for sharing that experience that is really sad, Jail will soften the most hardened of criminals. Unfortunately in my life I have had a lot of experience with visiting people that ended up in the penal system and it is sad how deeply it affects them when it comes to the loss of the family bond......

yes this is sad to hear. my son's father has been incarcerated for the last 17 years...I believe he may be getting out soon and he didn't kill anyone, but his case did make the local paper.

Going to lunch. Im going to the supermarket to get some soup... Anyone need anything?

My son’s father is incarcerated as well. He has been in jail since Da was 5 and he is about to be 13 now. He writes Da and calls from time to time. He is serving a life sentence. I’m not sure if its life life or 21 years life. Who knows. I have never taken Da to see him but the mother of his older son did. I never thought it effected Da shoot it never effected me but lately I think it has. I think he feels like his dad left him when actually he didn’t on purpose.

So Da, do you think a trip to see his Dad may help him..I mean even more than just a phone call? Here's hoping he's someplace local. I guess you also have to consider your son being so young and going into a prison.

Girl that prison ish scares the heck out of me. I’m visiting a friend now in jail and every time I go see him I have to hold my darn breath. Its so scary. Its also hard right now we are just friends but I cant imagine if I loved him that would be so hard to walk away. He’s in jail so we talk through a thick azz glass and I feel like its bull #######. Its sad seeing all the moms with their babies and what not. I can’t imagine having your child come visit there dad in jail and not be able to touch them but here if they killed someone then there is a family going through the darn thing.

Da has been to the prison and I guess he is o.k with it I just never took him. I wanted him to see the prison I’m hoping it scars the hell out of him . I was thinking of taking him with me to see my friend cuz where we visit him at you can see the tiny cells they stay in behind him. I want my son scared ishless.

Timeline
JG....I took a picture of your CLOCK they refurbished it and put a gate around it --

mi naw guh even try fi catch up...sarry mi tek so lang couldn't remember password, almost forgot how to navigate this board. Sorry ladies no pictures of the wedding. I really didn't have a vacation, my grandmother didn't recognize me (broke my heart), but she knew her greatgrand kids...she didn't recognize my sister either.

So sorry about Grandma Lawny! :( I'm afraid for my Dad since I think his memory is going too. I truly understand the heartbreak that goes with memory loss on both sides....it's frustrating for the person & the loved ones. (F)

hey jg.. i looked online at RGD for the BC stuff :thumbs: , when i asked him bout the shot records.. he have no clue whre to begin he say.. :blush: i gave him ideas like past dr, hospitals.. he is afraid of the needles, but more afraid of doing the research it seems LOL..

Don't forget his schools for his shot records....you've probably read that already but just thought I'd remind ya!

dillon, I'm so in love with my husband. I pray everyday that God will continue to bless our marriage. The house was EMACULATE! He cooked a big dinner for my son and I. He also bought me a new nightgown (waste time)....but I wore it. It was beautiful and had it laying on my side of the bed with a card....sarry but mi afi shaw dat aff

:luv::luv::thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

mstee - 60 people???

i would much rather travel by myself or with one other person than a big group. i went one time with a big group and it was a nightmare....everybody arguing and shyt...

Finess I don't like it either. I did that once, never, never again...that was back in the early 90s. I left and went to stay at my dad's house. It was an 11 day trip and they drove me insane...like I was a damn interpreter.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
btw, i been hearing a tarrus riley song on the radio for a while now

"S-craving"

oh man, fell in love with the song immediately

i cna count on one hand the amount of reggae cd's i have ever bought

but that song struck such a chord with me that i bought the cd on the strength of that song alone

Loooooooooooooving the album

title is "Contagious"

its very very good ppl

JAPrincess would love it

btw, where is newlynluv?

So Glad I saw this!!! :thumbs:

Not sure if I will ever catch up :wacko:

What good news mi miss?? :unsure:

Timeline
Anyone else have this pet peve?

There are 6 stalls in the bathroom here at work and I am in the stall going to the bathroom....no one else is in the bathroom. Someone walks in and picks to the stall right next to me. Dang pick another one LADY!!!!!!

YES!! :angry: I also have the pet peeve of going into an empty movie theater (after the movie has been out a while) & picking a good seat with no one around, only to have a family of 8 pick the row right in front of you & start talking through the whole thing & blocking the perfect view you had....that or picking the row directly behind you & kicking the back of your seat the whole time.

There are 6 stalls in the bathroom here at work and I am in the stall going to the bathroom....no one else is in the bathroom. Someone walks in and picks to the stall right next to me. Dang pick another one LADY!!!!!!

Definitely. That reminds me of this one time when I was in high school. I rode the public bus to/from school. One day I was the ONLY PERSON on the ENTIRE bus and this elderly woman got on. Not only did she sit next to me, she practically sat ON my lap! I was like... why is the top of her leg on top of mine???? Especially when every other seat on the bus was available. Then she had the nerve to pass gas! Ridiculous.

I had the same thing happen to me on the bus last year. And the stupid ####### had the nerve to poke me with her jagged fingernail in my ribs because when the bus stopped quickly I squished her a little bit. She sat RIGHT next to me when there were 20 empty seats around us! I was contemplating homicide that day!

Just seems like she's going to a lot of trouble not to cooperate. Some people really are just that stupid and lazy though.

More convenient if one of the stalls is out of toilet paper!

:rofl: Okay, well at least someone can offer up a logical explanation!

Timeline

mstee - 60 people???

Finess I don't like it either. I did that once, never, never again...that was back in the early 90s. I left and went to stay at my dad's house. It was an 11 day trip and they drove me insane...like I was a damn interpreter.

You all know how well my last group trip worked out :whistle: The latest - One of the girls emailed me that did I want to plan a trip to Jamaica for Feb or April when she has a break from school - I emailed her back - Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm - HELLO = that would not go over well - "Hey DJ, I am going to be in JA on X date - but with my friends" = CLUELESS! Plus the one friend, no WAY will I travel to JA with her - we would lose her drunk in the club and get a call that she was over in St. Elizabeth or something -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
It's time for a good old fashioned ####### whippin'. I am so sick of this shyt. THIS is the reason I have few girlfriends. My guy friends are like, you need me to kick someone's a$$? NO. Ok, let me know when you do. Not this backstabbing, underhanded, stupid, high school ####### I keep seeing. Women are so damn stupid most of the time.

Yep, I couldn't agree more! :thumbs: Of course, that doesn't include my yardie friends......these ladies are DA BOMB! :yes::yes:

So here is a question for you ladies.

At what age did you or do you think is appropriate to leave your kids home alone? Like during the day.

I think like others have said it depends on the kid. If I can remember correctly, I was left alone around 10 or 11. I was pretty responsible & both Mom & Dad had to work so it was just something they had to do. Fortunately, my elementary school was about 2 blocks from home so that made it convenient. But I went to another school for a while when my parents owned their own business & would just walk from school to the shop each day & that worked too...plus I got to learn how to run a cash register at a young age. :thumbs:

Timeline
Hey ladies!!!

Had a relly busy weekend, drove up to NY again.

Shopped til I dropped, found some really good deals on shoes for my son, got 4 pairs of shoes for $80!!

Took my friend to visit her father who has been in jail for 21 years!!!

Was really amazing being there. She last saw him when she was about 7 or 8.

He is in jail for manslaughter, but but his time got extended because he got in trouble in jail. He has been at the jail he is in now for 3 years, this was the SECOND time anyone visited him!!!

I guess I can hardly imagine being in jail, but it got really hard to imagine being in jail and no-one coming to see you :(

So, the messed up thing about the whole situation is that my friend lives in London, she goes back today. Her other sister lives in Jamaica, she goes back next week. Their other sister lives in NY, but she is here illegally so she's scared to show the prison her passport to use as ID to visit him :(

But at least now they can send him care packages and money to make his life that much easier.

The thing that really moved me was to see him bawling like a baby when we had to leave, was thinking of how tough he is, how hardened, and yet to see him there with tears running down his cheeks has to be one of the most moving things I ever saw.

Did think about the guy he killed though, and wondered how I'd feel if he was my family....

Wow JAE

Thanks for sharing that experience that is really sad, Jail will soften the most hardened of criminals. Unfortunately in my life I have had a lot of experience with visiting people that ended up in the penal system and it is sad how deeply it affects them when it comes to the loss of the family bond......

yes this is sad to hear. my son's father has been incarcerated for the last 17 years...I believe he may be getting out soon and he didn't kill anyone, but his case did make the local paper.

Going to lunch. Im going to the supermarket to get some soup... Anyone need anything?

My son’s father is incarcerated as well. He has been in jail since Da was 5 and he is about to be 13 now. He writes Da and calls from time to time. He is serving a life sentence. I’m not sure if its life life or 21 years life. Who knows. I have never taken Da to see him but the mother of his older son did. I never thought it effected Da shoot it never effected me but lately I think it has. I think he feels like his dad left him when actually he didn’t on purpose.

wow, that is tough DaDa. I think he is old enough where you should take him. Better to be realistic and face the truth than pretend like his father is not a factor in his life. Your son will always have to accept who his father is. might actually be good for him...and you too.

Girl there is nothing for me to talk about with Da’s dad. I am cordial no doubt honestly when he was home he was good. See I’m going to keep it real wid yuh me and him were a fling. I was young dumb and smelling myself. I thought he was the ish he had a fat car with sounds and a whole lot of money cuz at the time he was a big drug dealer. So when I got knocked I was like oops so was he and we continued to be friends. I never asked him to help me with my son. My mom and dad were determined to help me cuz they hated him. They didn’t want me to have anything to do with him but I had to give him his props he wasn’t the best dad by no way such form but he wasn’t the worst either. He came through and he was in Da’s life. Now of course I found out after the fact he would pick my baby up and drop him off at one of his woman’s houses but I guess he still spent a little time with him. He has had this woman that stuck by his side. I heard she even married his rass in jail. So from time to time when she felt like being a good woman she would come and get my son and take him. I think he has been to visit maybe 3-4 times. He always sends him a b-day card and Xmas cards. I hear he is not locked up in my city. Who knows maybe I’ll write him and see what’s up. But Da acts like he could care less.

Timeline

Well I just got ahold of NVC

they say this case is undergoing additional processing... :unsure:

BUT I got my KNG# so I can send packet 3 to A with the cover letter requesting interview in Nov.

Had my Dr. visit yesterday, he is hoping this does not end up like in the movies where we are rushing to OR with my man on one side and a priest on the other :lol:

:help:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.