SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

Hey Finesse we normally oil it and freeze it and bring it over, and I always have back up with plenty of tin ackee too. When I bring back Breadfruit I just roast it and bag it up and have no issues, although I can breadfruit here in Philly no prob. Ok mi gawn fi lunch Mrs Buggy and I are having a food pic competition have to run tot he Latino market for a few things LOL it's on and poppin soon come!

OH Dillon I never forget about yuh daily dose of FEVA just busy Jermaine soon come :dancing:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Finesse we normally oil it and freeze it and bring it over, and I always have back up with plenty of tin ackee too. When I bring back Breadfruit I just roast it and bag it up and have no issues, although I can breadfruit here in Philly no prob. Ok mi gawn fi lunch Mrs Buggy and I are having a food pic competition have to run tot he Latino market for a few things LOL it's on and poppin soon come!

OH Dillon I never forget about yuh daily dose of FEVA just busy Jermaine soon come :dancing:

what does the oil do?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does seem like alot of people have medical report issues from MoBay Hope? We were going to use them but now I'm thinking we should make the trek to Kgstn

Steve is going to Kingston to do his

Timeline
ive never seen this many denials for yardies.. i guess an approval shouldn't be taken for granted.. so sad..

Yes it is. What's even more sad is that its dealing with the medicals, What's up with that?

Filed: Timeline

what does the oil do?

so they don't stick together when dem freeze

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Does seem like alot of people have medical report issues from MoBay Hope? We were going to use them but now I'm thinking we should make the trek to Kgstn

My hubby went to Kingston too. He said they never even asked him if he smoked before...

Timeline
sus; damn the guys from MIGHTY CROWN got old. I remember when they first came out, everyone was like "What di hell"...den when they start with the patwah on the mic mi nearli dead

Lawny, ((((Big HUG))))

I am so glad you had a wonderful time you surely were missed!

Where my ackee deh LOL we soon run out and Hubby said he cyaa manage the tin ackee :help:

tin ackee give me the "runs" I have to soak them in salt then wash dem good. I still hate the taste. We had so much ackee in the backyard, but because of the drought they were not ready...it just grieve mi...my dad made sure when he was in his earli 20s he took care of the tree that his dad planted. We use to sell fruits and veggies, if our crop was could, we would just give it away. My dad would leave bags or baskets of mangoes, breadfruit, ackee, guava, lime, pear, starapple, rea apples at his gate. He always says to share and it will be returned to you.

I dont like ackee either...

Timeline

what does the oil do?

so are you really not supposed to bring them back and just do it anyway or is it allowed?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

what does the oil do?

so are you really not supposed to bring them back and just do it anyway or is it allowed?

I never had any problems. We boiled them a bit and then froze them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
sus; damn the guys from MIGHTY CROWN got old. I remember when they first came out, everyone was like "What di hell"...den when they start with the patwah on the mic mi nearli dead

Lawny, ((((Big HUG))))

I am so glad you had a wonderful time you surely were missed!

Where my ackee deh LOL we soon run out and Hubby said he cyaa manage the tin ackee :help:

tin ackee give me the "runs" I have to soak them in salt then wash dem good. I still hate the taste. We had so much ackee in the backyard, but because of the drought they were not ready...it just grieve mi...my dad made sure when he was in his earli 20s he took care of the tree that his dad planted. We use to sell fruits and veggies, if our crop was could, we would just give it away. My dad would leave bags or baskets of mangoes, breadfruit, ackee, guava, lime, pear, starapple, rea apples at his gate. He always says to share and it will be returned to you.

I dont like ackee either...

i love ackee...the fresh ackee tho....that ####### in the can tastes like mush....and for $14 a can...phock that...

Filed: Timeline

I love ackee. I've never had problems bringing them back. I don't boil them anymore, just pick them and oil them then freeze. The customs officer joked and asked if I was opening a store in Silver Spring

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

My hubby went to Kingston too. He said they never even asked him if he smoked before...

See how things work... ugh.. sometimes the system just sucks!

Timeline
I love ackee. I've never had problems bringing them back. I don't boil them anymore, just pick them and oil them then freeze. The customs officer joked and asked if I was opening a store in Silver Spring

i never tried to carry them back...mainly because i have no idea how to cook them...maybe we'll try next time...good idea

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.