SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
how many of your hubbys have gained weight since they been here?

i just forced hubby to go to the doctor for a physical....and i think he has developed some allergys too....and guess what? the doctor told him he was overweight and he needed to go on a diet...he came here weighing 185 and now weighs 210 :blush:

(sorry babes for puttin yuh biznez out there)

Louis has gained weight! He claims I shrunk his pants in the dryer though! LOL

He was so skkkiiinnnnnnnny! He probably weighed about 140 when he got here and is now 150 or 155. I dont really know his weight but he went from a 29 inch waist to about a 32. I think its good but its all in his little pot belly!

You can see pics on my FB from St Lucia to now.. his cheeks have filled out.

Oh he would kill me! :devil::rofl::rofl:

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i'm sure we have had this discussion on here before but what is the best way to send money to ja? we send money for hubby dawta via western union once a month and pay $11.99 to send it. there must be a better way.....

The best way I have found so far to send money regularly, is to first find out your bank fees for international withdrawals and if they are not too high then set up an account for her with a debit card. Once a month you can put the money in the account and she can just use the debit card (probably won’t amount to as much as the wu/mg fees, mine are like .23 per transactions.) But this too could get pretty high if she is using the card for every little thing. In that case I would have her take out the lump sum of money once a month which may incur like a $2-7 charge depending on the amount and the bank rates, still cheaper than wu/mg. If you want to cut this charge even further research the company’s that offer online banking. Most of them do not charge a fee to withdraw from a banks atm because with online banking there are no branches to visit so atm withdrawals are your only option. Let them know that you will be using the card internationally and give her the debit card. Depending on the company you go with, they may not charge any fees for international atm withdrawals or the fees are even less than your bank may charge.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline

i just forced hubby to go to the doctor for a physical....and i think he has developed some allergys too....and guess what? the doctor told him he was overweight and he needed to go on a diet...he came here weighing 185 and now weighs 210 :blush:

He was so skkkiiinnnnnnnny! He probably weighed about 140 when he got here and is now 150 or 155. I dont really know his weight but he went from a 29 inch waist to about a 32. I think its good but its all in his little pot belly!

29 waist ??? wha?? dang he is small as roger.. he didn't look that skinny to me.. tell him like i tell roger.. U NEED every pound u gain :blush: .. he wears a 32 but its only cuz he don't like his pants fi fit close.. he could easily get in a 29 im sure..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i won't tell if you won't..

the dr asked him what kind of excercise he used to do in ja and he said swimming and the dr told him to go find an indoor pool

but that is a crock of ######.....it is because he now has a house full of food and can't resist but eat it all..

(please forgive me babes)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

how tall is he finesse?

210 don't seem like an overweight amt for a man who i assume is your height or taller

anyway men lose weight waaaaaaaay easier than women

so i never worry about them losing weight

you see those ads where the woman says she and her husband cut out sodas all she lost was one dress size and he lost a whole person?

soooooooooooooo true

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
i'm sure we have had this discussion on here before but what is the best way to send money to ja? we send money for hubby dawta via western union once a month and pay $11.99 to send it. there must be a better way.....

The best way I have found so far to send money regularly, is to first find out your bank fees for international withdrawals and if they are not too high then set up an account for her with a debit card. Once a month you can put the money in the account and she can just use the debit card (probably won’t amount to as much as the wu/mg fees, mine are like .23 per transactions.) But this too could get pretty high if she is using the card for every little thing. In that case I would have her take out the lump sum of money once a month which may incur like a $2-7 charge depending on the amount and the bank rates, still cheaper than wu/mg. If you want to cut this charge even further research the company’s that offer online banking. Most of them do not charge a fee to withdraw from a banks atm because with online banking there are no branches to visit so atm withdrawals are your only option. Let them know that you will be using the card internationally and give her the debit card. Depending on the company you go with, they may not charge any fees for international atm withdrawals or the fees are even less than your bank may charge.

:thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oh lawd :lol: mek sure yuh feed di man healthy food :thumbs:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

29 waist ??? wha?? dang he is small as roger.. he didn't look that skinny to me.. tell him like i tell roger.. U NEED every pound u gain :blush: .. he wears a 32 but its only cuz he don't like his pants fi fit close.. he could easily get in a 29 im sure..

Same as Louis! He likes his pants a little loose in the leg and then his belt is TIIIIIGHT! I dont know how he bends over. hhaha

There is one pic on my FB, him and Tierra in the river, he has no shirt on. He chest is CONCAVE!

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
how tall is he finesse?

210 don't seem like an overweight amt for a man who i assume is your height or taller

you see those ads where the woman says she and her husband cut out sodas all she lost was one dress size and he lost a whole person?

soooooooooooooo true

we are the same height 5'10"

according to whatever chart they use.....maybe they use that bmi thing that we were talking about last week.

they say he needs to lose 10lbs...

Timeline
....morning/afternoon everyone! :blush:

hey girlie, where ya been!!

Hey Q. I’ve been around, mostly lurking. They are trying to actually make me work my last couple of weeks here so I haven’t been able to chat. Still, I try to peek in every now and again.

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Timeline

i won't tell if you won't..

the dr asked him what kind of excercise he used to do in ja and he said swimming and the dr told him to go find an indoor pool

but that is a crock of ######.....it is because he now has a house full of food and can't resist but eat it all..

(please forgive me babes)

Louis WALKED everywhere. And it seems no matter where you walk in ST Lucia it is UP A MOUNTAIN! I lost 20 lbs in the time I was there. Here Louis doesnt get 1/2 the excersize he did. In 2 years I can see him lookin' like and old Maine farmer. Skinny body with a big ole pot belly. :rofl:

Edited by IrieCat

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
how tall is he finesse?

soooooooooooooo true

Yup. Same commercial my coworker & I discussed last week, when he was talking about how he lost 20 lbs in one month.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.