SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hello everyone now i must catch up

hey My2!

EVENING YARDIES!!!

Man, you miss 5 days & it takes a WEEK to catch up!

7 day recap soon come!

hey ells!

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hi MsSheka!

y'all got me hooked on FB :blink:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Those quotes Nat posted cracked me up! This one really made me laugh since I was at the office afterall:

The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.

Hi MsSheka!

It's terrible isn't it??

You'll probably go through the phase of doing all the silly apps for a while & then finally settle in to just checking friends' status updates & pics & posting your own! :whistle:

Timeline
Those quotes Nat posted cracked me up! This one really made me laugh since I was at the office afterall:

The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.

Hi MsSheka!

It's terrible isn't it??

You'll probably go through the phase of doing all the silly apps for a while & then finally settle in to just checking friends' status updates & pics & posting your own! :whistle:

yuh see it :whistle:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

APPROVED

smiley-dance003.gif

smiley-happy093.gifsmiley-happy093.gifsmiley-happy093.gifsmiley-happy093.gif

Congrats Bunz! So happy for you! :dance::thumbs:

Re: Education

I am so thankful my honey's mother was determined to give him the education he needed. She have 18 pikney!! Yes, 18 babies all out of her own womb... lawd... The woman dead 8 years now an still she inspire me (F)

(not that mi having 18 babies - lol)

My honey was her last, she had him when she was 48 years old!

When they could not afford High School she schooled him at home. I am very proud of his knowledge. Even more proud when I go down and ask what he wants me to bring, the man ask for BOOKS! (L)

Bunz: He still does not have a phone :( He borrowed one to call me this morning and he knows I went for an ultrasound, but he said he might not be able to call again today :(

Good news is he gets a phone tomorrow!! :dancing:

It's been a LOOOONG 2 weeks without him :cry:

Awesome story about A's Mom getting it right with making sure he had an education! And even more awesome that he ASKS for books!

Hang in there my girl! He got a phone right??

Speaking of books, his latest request was for a book on US Laws...

Anyone know a good book that will help him familiarize himself with the basic US Laws?? :unsure:

That's very smart! It's so important to at least have a basic understanding so they know what not to do and how not to be taken advantage of.

i have a business idea for my mother,

when my room becomes available she can turn it into a hostel for yardies travelling from far to do their interviews :star:

I actually think that's a GREAT idea! :thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline
Oh i have been craving ceaser salad... and that reminds me. TIERRA ATE SALAD AT DINNER LAST NIGHT! She was so proud of herself. And not just like a leaf either. A whole pile of leafs!!! She actually said it was the best dinner ever. Chicken, applesauce and salad.... NOT BAD!

YAY TIERRA!! I'm so proud of her! Better for her too. Those of us (like myself....errr...ahem) with carb addictions are taking a real risk with diabetes because of how easily simple carbs (like pasta) are converted to sugars. Keep it up little miss!

Ok y'all this boy is killing me see that little cute face on my profile he recking this house, my older son left his colored pencils out and needlees to say i have red blue and green walls :wacko::bonk::bonk: anybody want a two year old? (hurry before his daddy get here) :help:

:rofl:

I'm all congested too today, but I think its my cats :luv:

Ells you know what that means, time for baths smiley-chores026.gif

:rofl: Poor kitties!

ok..of to the doc...for Kimora's physical

I was lost on who this new yardie was until that line! :lol:

Thanks for the link and response.....I appreciate it.

No sad face....it ended long ago and we have moved on. I'm not sad anymore. :no:

I am happy to hear that mrsladyd :thumbs: I thought it was another horror story :blush:

No horror story here...just a good realization before it was too late. That's all. I've moved on and met a good man now. :no::blush::thumbs:(L) (L)

Good, betta, BEST!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline
roger say what we do for labor day.. i told him BAR B Q.. and party i guess.. rest and relaxation..

roger say labor day in ja..ppl find some work to do.. cleaning, painting, yardwork...

im like oHHHHH i thought labor day was to appreciate the workers, why would i wanna DO some work??

That's the SAME response I got when I explained & I felt the same about 'laboring' on labor day! CHO!!

she need to change her name to fassness :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: We love har though!

3) I definitely want moments to enjoy my single life. I have a feeling, esp from listening to the stories of the vets on here, that I'll need to give him TONS and TONS of time once he gets here. So I see my me time going down the drain...

I'm looking forward to his arrival, don't get me wrong. What's funny is that after my last relationship, I let God know that I want my husband to be my best friend.... to be inseparable. Well, He gave me someone that wants to be inseparable! :unsure:

Yep yep, it's true! You won't mind (that much) though. But I do feel you...sometimes I wish I could have a 'single' day...just dink around & do what I want without worrying about anyone else's needs. And I got my best friend too! I guess we got what we asked for huh?? :yes::luv:

bowdown.gif Wish I could come see you this weekend Tanya! bowdown.gif

If it helps you feel better, her show at Yoshi's in SF was cancelled & replaced by Native Elements so I'm glad I didn't buy tickets! (Love that song in the video still!)

Nice that your Mom is there! Sure do miss mine lately :(

She was from Baton Rouge :yes:

I'm sure she's smiling down on you. (F)

Bunz, he's the greatest. I love him to pieces. We're very opposites when it comes to some things. He's much more emotional & sensitive than me. I'm more about logic. So say he says something that hurts my feelings. If I tear up & ask him why he said that, he'll keep apologizing for making me cry. I'm like 1) You didn't MAKE me cry. I'm responsible for my own actions/reactions, 2) It doesn't matter if I'm crying. Tears pass. Understanding stays, 3) I much rather know WHY you said it. But instead of telling me why, he'll feel bad that I'm crying & apologize.

On the flip side, if I tell him something that hurts his feelings, I'll explain to him WHY I said it. He never responds to my logic, though. Instead, he'll ask why I'm not apologizing. But I'm usually not sorry! I said it for a reason and can explain why!

So our new thing is for me to apologize first, which will soothe his feelings and make him more receptive to my logical explanation.

--------

What did I eat/drink today??? I never talk this much about our relationship.

Lol, but its nice to hear Nat. It must be their names because Steve tends to act that way too. When I visited JA the last time we had a slight disagreement. I was just sharing with him how overwhelming my life can be. He just takes it all in stride like "better days soon come" - okay I get that, but what do I do until "better days come" (it went a little deeper than that) So I zoned out on him and started listening to my MP3 player because when I begin to feel frustrated, you just have to let me be for a little while until I clear my head and come to my senses. Well Mr. Sensitive kept asking me was I okay and I kept saying yes. The last time he asked me I said "No Im not okay and you don't understand where Im coming from" So he kept apologizing to me and went into his speech how everything is going to be okay especially when he gets here. Deep down inside I start laughing like "Im older than you, yet you sound like an old soul" I would never throw his age is his face because its not right and he makes perfect sense to be honest but I need that down time like I said to get it together.

We've learned that our culture difference sometimes cause us to have disagreements until we explain to each other what is implied or really meant. I understand where you are coming from Nat, I really do!

I can relate to both of you....sometimes I feel so cold-hearted cause I'm fairly non-emotional.

And I also wonder how someone who can act like such a kid one minute (in a good, fun way) turn around and seem like a 100-year-old person. He is so wise sometimes.

mr2~ your kids are so cute!

jawi~ i love you girl

JG~ jam packed weekend!

bunz,philly,dada, dillon~ *wave*

heymrsmorgan~ ugh! it will be resolved, just a stumble block :thumbs:

mi man is here!

:star: REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD :star:

thanks to all for the encouragment and positive vibes

i cant believe it

Congrats Just! I'm SUPER DUPER STOKED FOR YOU!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Timeline

yes! thanks JG!!! my FRENZY.. tre ya cut off lol, how ya stay so?? ya knoa mi nuh fan di flames :whistle: just like fi look at di fiyah bun!!! :rofl::rofl:

:lol::lol: Me too Quana!

good news...

NOA2 came in the mail today!! :dance:

Congrats Finesse!

I'm not done reading yet but DAMN SUS me see yuh anent no joke...Umm maybe I betta stay away from DJ :rofl: ... LOL

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hubby recieved his GCard today, its so funny cause I just look at my siggy and saw that I mailed the form off for K1 on 9/8/08-and the 3rd phase of our USCIS journey ended on 9/8/09... God is GooD!!!

Congrats Portland! That's so cool with the dates! Must be a lucky day for you! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Evening Yardies, how is everyone doing tonight?

Good...how are u han di pickney?

good so far, I feel much better than last week.

evening im ok and you

am good my2 I love your smileys under the stars

Thanks i love that smiley too.cant wait till im under the stars with him

how the pregnancy

Hey my2 sorry am like 2 days late, everything is going good so far, thanks. I heard the babys heartbeat for the first time yesterday and I fell in love. (L)

Hows your progress any word yet on an interview date, sorry if i missed it.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline
This is the girl who won the race and was asked to do a gender test

what do you all think?

she does look more feminine though i never doubted her gender to begin with

I did! Especially after hearing her speak during an interview. The only thing that makes me believe she is a she is the FLAT frontal area. If there was even the slightest bulge, I'd be screaming MAN! I think if she was born a hermaphrodite, they chose the wrong genitalia to remain. Not trying to sound mean, just honest. :whistle:

how it did look?

Not too impressive :whistle:

:sleepy: meh!

a juss true it did dead man

He must be a GROWER and not a 'SHOW'ER! :rofl:

I just wanted to share:

VERSE:For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.-- Psalm 107:9

THOUGHT:The Bible cries out with one recurring truth: God quenches the thirst and satisfies the hunger of those who seek him. So often we try to soothe the ache in our soul and fill the emptiness in ourheart with what is only a temporary satisfaction that only God'spresence can fill. Let's refuse every false satisfaction and seek the LORD!

PRAYER:Forgive me, dear Father, for trying to find the satisfaction formy soul's hunger in what is not truly sustaining. (Confess the area of temptation that most often causes you to stumble in this area --sex, status, possessions, economic security, chemical dependency,abusing food, body identity, etc.) As I seek you, dear LORD, pleasemake your presence known as you satisfy my spiritual thirst andsatiate my soul's hunger. In the name of Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

Thanks KK! I'm going to save that one somewhere. :yes:

Hey Y'all... question-

I'm leaving Friday (yes 9-11) for JA.. when I go through customs, should I tell them I'm visiting my fiance?? or do I tell them It's just for vacation? Last time they ended up writing it down on my customs form... Idk... I'm staying til the end of the month... think they'll approve that? I'm a little worried..

You should have no problem getting enough time but as others said, if you admit to visiting a fiance, there's a strong chance they'll search your bags for gifts! If you do bring something, remove tags, etc. so it doesn't look brand new or they may hassle you more. Other than that, I never had any problem admitting why I was there....they just held me up a couple times with bag searches.

By the way, your other avatar was very cute....you two are just the cutest! :thumbs:

-sorry to interrupt- I just didn't know who to ask.. thanks ladies.. :luv:

Spanglas, I was wondering the same thing.

And STOP saying you are interrupting :bonk: you noh see we chat pure fawt all day? :lol:

I will never forget what Sus said when I first joined... chime right in, and if no one answers you, YELL until someone does!! unhappy-058.gif

:D

Yes, don't worry about interrupting...you're NOT!

Pure fawt! :rofl: Lehi says that sometimes but the first time I heard it I was like, "what FART??" :blink::blink::rofl::rofl:

Hey my2 sorry am like 2 days late, everything is going good so far, thanks. I heard the babys heartbeat for the first time yesterday and I fell in love. (L)

Aawww! :luv:

Timeline

Wah Gwaan LoveSponge! I'm sort of a newbie here, but not new to loving Jamaica!! I'm doing good this evening.. but I think JAPrincess could use a drink..

Hey Spanglasgirl,(I know am late) Welcome to VJ and nice to meet you. What does your name mean?? Sorry if I am a little slow lol.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

Cause I know how it feels... you all on one topic and then my mind starts winding up and then i got a question!!! Yes, i apologize because i have much respect for people.... especially all of you... going through a visa process is a BIG DEAL and you all are waaay ahead of me!! I admire your courage, patience and determination, and most of all, the love you feel for your SO... Can't help it... i'm an emotional creature.. :blush:

But, just so i don't get you upset... I won't apologize anymore... Ok, one more time just to get it out of my system.. I'm sorry.

Ok, i'm done.

:rofl::rofl:

Quana, it does say that you can BLACK OUT personal information :whistle:

like...

SEX TALK

:whistle:

I think that's a good idea! At least it proves you have a legitimate relationship! :lol::lol:

Hey Y'all... question-

I'm leaving Friday (yes 9-11) for JA.. when I go through customs, should I tell them I'm visiting my fiance?? or do I tell them It's just for vacation? Last time they ended up writing it down on my customs form... Idk... I'm staying til the end of the month... think they'll approve that? I'm a little worried..

I would say vacation. Otherwise they are going to ask you what you are bringing for him and maybe search.

:yes::yes::yes:

THATS RIGHT..I'M SORRY ELLS..HAPPY BDAY TO UUU..DYAM VIRGO PPL...OOPS MI MEAN U VIRGO PPL U

Thanks Chiney! How'd you go & have nothing but dyam virgos??? :rofl:

Timeline
Hush! finesse is too busy rooskin to remember anything.

:rofl::rofl:

Sus..mi TOTALLY understand ur point..BUT IMHO i didn't see her post as such til she was provoked LOL...mi understand tho..but mi know both sides a di fence pon dat.

mi no shame fi talk..my father came here in his brothers name..he came thru his father yrs before and was sent back by his father..dont know what happened with that..GC mussi get tek back cause a no travelling..and he tried the legal way under his name and got denied everytime..and he tried with my undles name GOD BLESS him may he REST IN PEACE!! and got it..

He got married to his wife sawt out himself and him criss now..BUT the road we take we must take account..mi no waant nobody bash mi fi try fi mek a better life...everyone neva get dealt the same card...a di cycle a life.

Fi true!

Ladies I am out I feel nauseous running home to get me some ginger beer! I'll log on latah night crew cya

Hmmm.....here's hoping it's for a good reason!! :yes::yes:

Good morning... :dance::dance:

INTERVIEW ON OCTOBER 13TH @ 9:30 AM WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats Mstee!!! I knew it would happen soon! :dance::thumbs:

Sunny; soon call u back tink mout innah mi affice

Speakin' of busses... Finesse.. how is the son managing the short bus??

there is now a girl at his bus stop. this morning i saw him look out the window to see if she was out there and when he saw that she was he grabbed his bag and took off like a bat outta hell to get out there.

no more bus problems from this boy...

Does anyone have any friends they want to delete? I swear some people be saying some of the wall stuff I want to delete them so bad but I’m not sure if they will get a message saying I deleted them I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

They don't see when you delete them so you're safe there. If they ever try to find you though, they may wonder what happened.

mi cyaan even manage kiss up a dawg.. when him ave accident or eat up ya slippers.. him get mad cuss out han newspaper on him head LOL

:rofl:

Timeline

Spanglasgirl, I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip to JA enjoy your boo as much as possible, I must say I do miss those romantic trips making love all day and night long, now its just like do we really have to tonight (lol it must be the pregnancy).

Adel Bestavros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.