SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all!

Wow one of thes posts just got me heated this morning and I had to say something. Its in the topic with MrsH and Culture. I had to remind her that there is a God! and who are we to judge? Folks that are non-yardies just don't get it :angry:

I read the post, and honestly don't see how it got you so heated - the person asked an honest question - it's one I ask myself all the time - If I were to move to JA, what kinda life would we have there v. him moving here? Yes, we would be together - but there are things - such as medical care - that cause me serious pause if I ever thought about moving there permanently -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
ah boy

lemme go check it out

Good morning all!!!

mstee.. i actually agree w/ menaforlife.. its something we have talked about even on this thread alot.. life in JA is a BIG difference from here.. like u said ALL things are possible and we don't want our yardie sistren to lose faith, BUT i think we also have to plan and prepare b4 making big steps like that.. weigh out the options b4 letting our longing hearts take control of the situation LOL i think God would want us to be WISE.. :thumbs:

okay.. mek mi stawt a wuk.. gotta keep focus so this day will zoom by.. its a rainy day and i wanna snuggle HMPHF.. have fun weekend crew..

sorry ladies a mi..di real mad ooman..just wanna keep things separate yuh know..everybody soon figure it out..just hold dung di ting zeen...

This is soooo funny... :rofl::rofl:

ah boy

lemme go check it out

Good morning all!!!

mstee.. i actually agree w/ menaforlife.. its something we have talked about even on this thread alot.. life in JA is a BIG difference from here.. like u said ALL things are possible and we don't want our yardie sistren to lose faith, BUT i think we also have to plan and prepare b4 making big steps like that.. weigh out the options b4 letting our longing hearts take control of the situation LOL i think God would want us to be WISE.. :thumbs:

okay.. mek mi stawt a wuk.. gotta keep focus so this day will zoom by.. its a rainy day and i wanna snuggle HMPHF.. have fun weekend crew..

What's HMPHF?

Timeline
sorry ladies a mi..di real mad ooman..just wanna keep things separate yuh know..everybody soon figure it out..just hold dung di ting zeen...

This is soooo funny... :rofl::rofl:

ah boy

lemme go check it out

Good morning all!!!

What's HMPHF?

im trying to make a vex sound :rofl::rofl: don't wanna be here, wanna be home snuggling LOL CHO.. dat better lol..

I'm curious why you told him that you need to talk less tho :unsure:

could be that the minutes almost done and she doesn't want to spend more money because they don't have anymore chips to put them on or they won't chat it off in time

OR it could be that they just want space, seeing as though this is the last in forever they will be single ppl

maybe she just wants some moments to enjoy her single life

You nailed it Bunz, on ALL accounts!

1) We've been going through a chip a week. We ran out of chips to top up (4) so Monday he got a new one. I said we need to make it stretch until I get there.... so let's try to talk no more than 1 - 1.5 hrs/day.

2) I don't think he wants space, but I sure do! I've always felt like we were on the phone more than I wanted to be. Sometimes at night, I just want to watch tv, read, or surf the internet, but he wants to stay on the phone. Saying that I'm going to sleep didn't work to get off cause he'd say to just sit it down and he can listen to me sleep.

3) I definitely want moments to enjoy my single life. I have a feeling, esp from listening to the stories of the vets on here, that I'll need to give him TONS and TONS of time once he gets here. So I see my me time going down the drain...

I'm looking forward to his arrival, don't get me wrong. What's funny is that after my last relationship, I let God know that I want my husband to be my best friend.... to be inseparable. Well, He gave me someone that wants to be inseparable! :unsure:

That is adorable...Nat you're opening up now...it must be the count down to interview....whooo hooo!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all!

Wow one of thes posts just got me heated this morning and I had to say something. Its in the topic with MrsH and Culture. I had to remind her that there is a God! and who are we to judge? Folks that are non-yardies just don't get it :angry:

I read the post, and honestly don't see how it got you so heated - the person asked an honest question - it's one I ask myself all the time - If I were to move to JA, what kinda life would we have there v. him moving here? Yes, we would be together - but there are things - such as medical care - that cause me serious pause if I ever thought about moving there permanently -

Good morning all, I see your points sus and q but who wants to hear that when then are down? Maybe she has considered her options. And for those who have their guys with them, thats just it you have yours with you. They got denied her for reasons they don't yet understand. Its very scary when you are denied for a medical condition and you dont even know what it is. Then imagine if its a rare disease or something, yet another thing to deal with. Then I feel, you can start thinking about medical care and whether its worth going to JA or not.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all!

Good morning all, I see your points sus and q but who wants to hear that when then are down? Maybe she has considered her options. And for those who have their guys with them, thats just it you have yours with you. They got denied her for reasons they don't yet understand. Its very scary when you are denied for a medical condition and you dont even know what it is. Then imagine if its a rare disease or something, yet another thing to deal with. Then I feel, you can start thinking about medical care and whether its worth going to JA or not.

Maybe I just care about peoples feelings too much.

Filed: Timeline
Morning all!

As long as u can afford ur health care in JA its there..if u do not have to go to a clinic ur good...they have regualr HMOs there BCBS is a big one. It's all about money there...for me to move back now..I would need to have proper health care for my kids and a regular pediatrician...

talkin b out pediatricians..since moving to CT i haven't switch the girls doc..well thought we were gonna have a physical yesterday..got there why there was like 20 dyam ppl sittin there..and i left from work to go..i wouldn't a left til 6pm...mussi mad..i think i'm really thinking of switching them now..i can't deal

on that note ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY PRINCESS # 2 TAHLIA !!!! CAN'T BELIEV UR 1YR OLD ALREADY!! GOD BLESS!!!

Timeline
Morning all!

As long as u can afford ur health care in JA its there..if u do not have to go to a clinic ur good...they have regualr HMOs there BCBS is a big one. It's all about money there...for me to move back now..I would need to have proper health care for my kids and a regular pediatrician...

talkin b out pediatricians..since moving to CT i haven't switch the girls doc..well thought we were gonna have a physical yesterday..got there why there was like 20 dyam ppl sittin there..and i left from work to go..i wouldn't a left til 6pm...mussi mad..i think i'm really thinking of switching them now..i can't deal

on that note ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY PRINCESS # 2 TAHLIA !!!! CAN'T BELIEV UR 1YR OLD ALREADY!! GOD BLESS!!!

HAPPY BDAY princess Tahlia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

do u have one party for them this weekend????

Nelly's a nana today too!!!! her daughter had the baby!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone !! Just passing thru..Hi...Quanna ..KK..Dada..Nat ( Waving ) !!

Have a good ..safe and blessed Labor Day weekend !! as for me i'll be studying all weekend :thumbs:

Edited by *HeavenSent*

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Timeline
QUOTE (MENAFORLIFE @ Sep 5 2009, 08:29 AM)

A really good friend of mine went and lived there for 5yrs. What kind of future would you have there? That's what I would plan out. Because love doesn't pay the morgage or the car note.

I believe you are being sincere when you say this but when it comes to the affairs of the heart and you have a firm believe in God, HE will make a way. As an old school saying goes "One monkey don't stop no show". If she chooses to go there to live with him then Im sure God will take care of them!!! People are put into other people's life for a reason. Who are we to judge? This journey is hard enough without having others cast stones! Do what you must culture -you're in our (yardies) hearts and prayers!

MsTee I think your response was right on the money. I couldn't have said it better myself. Ur right the poster was harsh with their words. See its easy to cast judgement when your not in persons shoes. I'm sure whoever posted this probably has their SO right there with them. Umph I wonder how they would feel if there SO was denied.

Timeline
Morning all!

That's exactly the point - I know it's not the type of thing you want to hear when you are down - but it's a time when you need to hear it, because it's easy to get caught up in the emotion and not think of the hard facts. DJ lay in the hospital for 3 days without the right medication or blood when he had lost 4 litres, cause they didn't have it - and they were talking about doing a colostomy for a freakin ulcer = Not having the funds for private medical care is NO JOKE.

Happy Bday to Tahlia!

Chiney, there's an AWESOME dr in Stamford - Shoreline Medical on Washington Ave, Dr. Nina Inamdar - she emails you back when you email her, always squeezes you in when you need, has a great personality - my cousin started going to her with her kids, and now the whole fam goes -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Morning all!

HAPPY BDAY princess Tahlia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

do u have one party for them this weekend????

Nelly's a nana today too!!!! her daughter had the baby!!!

Ahhhh congrats Ms Nelly!!!! Was the baby born yesterday or today?

Hey Everyone !! Just passing thru..Hi...Quanna ..KK..Dada..Nat ( Waving ) !!

Have a good ..safe and blessed Labor Day weekend !! as for me i'll be studying all weekend :thumbs:

Hello Heaven!!!(((waving)))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.