• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nice that your Mom is there! Sure do miss mine lately :(

She was from Baton Rouge :yes:

I'm sure she's smiling down on you. (F)

Bunz, he's the greatest. I love him to pieces. We're very opposites when it comes to some things. He's much more emotional & sensitive than me. I'm more about logic. So say he says something that hurts my feelings. If I tear up & ask him why he said that, he'll keep apologizing for making me cry. I'm like 1) You didn't MAKE me cry. I'm responsible for my own actions/reactions, 2) It doesn't matter if I'm crying. Tears pass. Understanding stays, 3) I much rather know WHY you said it. But instead of telling me why, he'll feel bad that I'm crying & apologize.

On the flip side, if I tell him something that hurts his feelings, I'll explain to him WHY I said it. He never responds to my logic, though. Instead, he'll ask why I'm not apologizing. But I'm usually not sorry! I said it for a reason and can explain why!

So our new thing is for me to apologize first, which will soothe his feelings and make him more receptive to my logical explanation.

--------

What did I eat/drink today??? I never talk this much about our relationship.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Nice that your Mom is there! Sure do miss mine lately :(

She was from Baton Rouge :yes:

I'm sure she's smiling down on you. (F)

Bunz, he's the greatest. I love him to pieces. We're very opposites when it comes to some things. He's much more emotional & sensitive than me. I'm more about logic. So say he says something that hurts my feelings. If I tear up & ask him why he said that, he'll keep apologizing for making me cry. I'm like 1) You didn't MAKE me cry. I'm responsible for my own actions/reactions, 2) It doesn't matter if I'm crying. Tears pass. Understanding stays, 3) I much rather know WHY you said it. But instead of telling me why, he'll feel bad that I'm crying & apologize.

On the flip side, if I tell him something that hurts his feelings, I'll explain to him WHY I said it. He never responds to my logic, though. Instead, he'll ask why I'm not apologizing. But I'm usually not sorry! I said it for a reason and can explain why!

So our new thing is for me to apologize first, which will soothe his feelings and make him more receptive to my logical explanation.

--------

What did I eat/drink today??? I never talk this much about our relationship.

Lol, but its nice to hear Nat. It must be their names because Steve tends to act that way too. When I visited JA the last time we had a slight disagreement. I was just sharing with him how overwhelming my life can be. He just takes it all in stride like "better days soon come" - okay I get that, but what do I do until "better days come" (it went a little deeper than that) So I zoned out on him and started listening to my MP3 player because when I begin to feel frustrated, you just have to let me be for a little while until I clear my head and come to my senses. Well Mr. Sensitive kept asking me was I okay and I kept saying yes. The last time he asked me I said "No Im not okay and you don't understand where Im coming from" So he kept apologizing to me and went into his speech how everything is going to be okay especially when he gets here. Deep down inside I start laughing like "Im older than you, yet you sound like an old soul" I would never throw his age is his face because its not right and he makes perfect sense to be honest but I need that down time like I said to get it together.

We've learned that our culture difference sometimes cause us to have disagreements until we explain to each other what is implied or really meant. I understand where you are coming from Nat, I really do!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

damn nat you two are opposites

and when i say opposite i mean the opposite of what the roles normally are

the woman is normally the emotional one while the man is all about logic

i think u're probably just nearing the realization that you two are gonna be together forever and you're overjoyed

i'll probably be doing the same thing when my time comes

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:bonk::ranting::bonk::ranting:

Hey ladies...

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline

THanks sus!! :oops: hee,hee.

Nat... God does listen to our prayers!! Glad to hear he was ok!

mstee... I'm so vex wid im rite now!!!! He gets off at 4:30 from work and I get off at 5. When I got here he wasn't home, so I was like.. ok, maybe he getting in a likkle OT. I warmed up his dinner so I could ave ie ready... closer to 6 and no call or nothing. He called at 6:17pm to say he was hangin out w/ some co-worker and if I wanted directions to where he was at. ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! Why didn't he just call after he got off work?????

I need a drink!!

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

Timeline
THanks sus!! :oops: hee,hee.

Nat... God does listen to our prayers!! Glad to hear he was ok!

mstee... I'm so vex wid im rite now!!!! He gets off at 4:30 from work and I get off at 5. When I got here he wasn't home, so I was like.. ok, maybe he getting in a likkle OT. I warmed up his dinner so I could ave ie ready... closer to 6 and no call or nothing. He called at 6:17pm to say he was hangin out w/ some co-worker and if I wanted directions to where he was at. ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! Why didn't he just call after he got off work?????

I need a drink!!

Uh oh :blink: time to open de rum cream Mr is in deep doo doo!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LOL. I like "And the green grass grows all around" and "Kookaburra." Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, eatting all the gum drops he can see. Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra! Leave some there for me.

You know, Barney likes songs about gum drops. :lol:

I love the same songs but I thought it said laugh kookaburra laugh kookaburra gay your life must be....

Timeline

:rofl: @ Dada w/ the Kookaburra song! Isn't it funny when we were young.. we "knew" the words to songs, but when we hear them now as adults... the words have "changed"!! LOL

MsTee.. he sure is in DEEP, SMELLY doo doo!!!

Hey Love!

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Dada and Lovesponge:

Lovesponge, are you feeling any better today?

hey Mstee, sorry I was catching up. Yes, thank you I do feel a little better than i did the other day but I still have a cold.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:rofl: @ Dada w/ the Kookaburra song! Isn't it funny when we were young.. we "knew" the words to songs, but when we hear them now as adults... the words have "changed"!! LOL

MsTee.. he sure is in DEEP, SMELLY doo doo!!!

Hey Love!

Hey Mrs buggy I am here cracking up reading your post, I dont understand men why do they make a simple thing so complicated JUST CALL!!! How hard is that? I feel your pain girl.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

I need a drink!!

Uh oh :blink: time to open de rum cream Mr is in deep doo doo!

MrsBuggy, you & your husband should be on tv! Your stories seem like they'd be on King of Queens.

lol @ opening the rum cream. We're about to leave for the comedy club as soon as my other aunt gets here. I'll be having a drink or two myself.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
he'll get over it.. i mean ALL the other kids at his school ride it.. he better get some confidence bout himself and tell them ish talkers go suck dem mudda.. "NO NOT FOR REAL" lol.. i didn't even know kids still talked about that cuz i rode one when i was bussed to the academy.. it wasn't enough kids for a BIG bus... maybe i just never heard them chat..

its always gonna be something fi ppl to talk about.. i know its a hard lesson for our children, but they have to get some tough skin..

many blessings finesse!!!!!

Well Gosh darn it Batman!!! Mi neva knew de gyal had a dutty mouth like dat.. Q u had me DWL on this!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.