Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part18)

6,027 posts in this topic

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes after the embassy receives your DS-230 to schedule an interview? And second if you have emailed/mailed the copy lets say about 2 to 3 weeks ago, and the embassy schedules a date for you to come to the embassy to pick up the packet, do you think there is a possibility of getting packets 3 and 4 on the same date?

Timeline
Does anyone know how long it takes after the embassy receives your DS-230 to schedule an interview? And second if you have emailed/mailed the copy lets say about 2 to 3 weeks ago, and the embassy schedules a date for you to come to the embassy to pick up the packet, do you think there is a possibility of getting packets 3 and 4 on the same date?

have you called the 202 number? You might already have an interview date because after they receive the DS-230 it really doesn't take them long to set a date. You should call.

mstee it is 202-663-1225 press 1 and then 0

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

have you called the 202 number? You might already have an interview date because after they receive the DS-230 it really doesn't take them long to set a date. You should call.

I did, those bastids only could tell me that he has a date scheduled on 9/8 to pick up the packet but no one seems to know which friggin packet!!!!

Timeline

I did, those bastids only could tell me that he has a date scheduled on 9/8 to pick up the packet but no one seems to know which friggin packet!!!!

That is crazy...well thank God 9/8 is Tuesday and the mistery will be over.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I believe that once the 202# says the embassy has logged in the receipt of your DS-230, they will normally schedule the interview a week or two after that. Once you confirm that they received it and they have logged it in, I would start e-mailing the Kingston e-mail asking if they have scheduled the interview.

I wouldn't worry about packet 3 because the only thing you need out of that is the DS-230 which you already have. I never got packet 3. Packet 4 is the interview letter and medical information and I've only heard of people picking that up when the embassy has mailed it and the person never gets it.

I hope I said this right... lol

Well, sheesh I hope that he's not going to pick-up packet 3.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks guys for ur support and resources! Yes I am in Canada, so thank u Sunray for that website! Spanglas gal thanks also for ur help and everyone else! Love u guys!

UPDATE I spoke to her and she is moving out at once. She has calmed down a little but I am still on her case.!

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HUMOR!! :lol:

Random Thoughts of the Day:

1. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

2. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

3.Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

4. I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

5. Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

6. That's enough, Nickelback.

7. The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.

8. Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.

9. There is a great need for sarcasm font.

10. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the #### was going on when I first saw it.

11. I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.

12.The other night I hit a new low at an open bar. I had already hopped on highway blackout when, inevitably I had to find a bathroom. Eventually I decided it was probably on the other side of the bar so I tried to walk over there, but ran into a guy coming the other way. We played that, Both go left, Both go right game to no avail, so I finally put out my hand to guide myself past and that's is when I realized, yup, that's a mirror I just tried to walk through. And the guy on the other side is me. Even cats can recognize their own image.

13. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

14. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

15. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

16.The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.

17.A recent study has shown that playing beer pong contributes to the spread of mono and the flu. Yeah, if you suck at it.

18. Was learning cursive really necessary?

19. Lol has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".

20. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

21. Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron test is absolutely petrifying.

22. My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us." Classy, bro.

23. Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".

24. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?

25. I love the sense of camaraderie when a n entire line of cars teams up to prevent a ####### from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!

26. Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in' examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said "Yes that's G as in...(10 second lapse)..ummm...Goonies"

27. What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?

28. While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.

29. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

30. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

31. I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.

32. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

33. I would like to officially coin the phrase 'catching the swine flu' to be used as a way to make fun of a friend for hooking up with an overweight woman. Example: "Dave caught the swine flu last night."

34. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

35. Bad decisions make good stories

36. Whenever I'm Facebook stalking someone and I find out that their profile is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who just got the Red Ryder BB gun that I always wanted. 546 pictures? Don't mind if I do!

37. Is it just me or do high school girls get sluttier & sluttier every year?

38. If Carmen San Diego and Waldo ever got together, their offspring would probably just be completely invisible.

39.Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem....

40. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

41.Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.

42.There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

43.I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

44."Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this ever.

45. I hate being the one with the remote in a room full of people watching TV. There's so much pressure. 'I love this show, but will they judge me if I keep it on? I bet everyone is wishing we weren't watching this. It's only a matter of time before they all get up and leave the room. Will we still be friends after this?'

46. While watching the Olympics, I find myself cheering equally for China and USA. No, I am not of Chinese descent, but I am fairly certain that when Chinese athletes don't win, they are executed.

47. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damnit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

48.I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

49.When I meet a new girl, I'm terrified of mentioning something she hasn't already told me but that I have learned from some light internet stalking.

50.I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle, then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes.

51.Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...

52.As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.

53.Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

54.It should probably be called Unplanned Parenthood.

55.I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

56.I think that if, years down the road when I'm trying to have a kid, I find out that I'm sterile, most of my disappointment will stem from the fact that I was not aware of my condition in college.

57.Even if I knew your social security number, I wouldn't know what do to with it.

58.Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, hitting the G-spot, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my #### everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time...

59.It really pisses me off when I want to read a story on CNN.com and the link takes me to a video instead of text.

60.I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit.

61. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

62.I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.

63.The other night I ordered takeout, and when I looked in the bag, saw they had included four sets of plastic silverware. In other words, someone at the restaurant packed my order, took a second to think about it, and then estimate d that there must be at least four people eating to require such a large amount of food. Too bad I was eating by myself. There's nothing like being made to feel like a fat ####### before dinner.

Timeline
Finesse, I dont think you are being cruel. Obviously, his life is not ruined. Other kids are taking the bus. He MUST understand that $20 a week is alot of money to be wasting. Maybe when he asks you for something let him know it either the city bus - or something else he may want or need. Like no new sneakers or something else he HAS to have...

I say why do we have to reason with these kids?? We said no so the answer is no. See that is our problem we are trying to be there friends instead of there PARENTS!! Now Finesse told de pickney to get on the bus so he is to get his rass on the damn bus end of discussion! She shouldn’t have to go back and forth with him. Did our parents go back and forth with us?? Hell no. When they said no they meant it and we dealt with it end of story. I tell you and this includes me to we are to lenient with these damn trolls. That‘s our problem and this is why they don’t respect us and say mean things to us. When he said I hate you he should have been picking his teeth off the floor. How dare you say that to your mom…

O.k. rant over….

Dada I totally agree and this is the issue I have with my parents cause they want to jump in the middle of my issues with my kids when I feel its clear cut like you say! No back and forth , they didn't go back and forth with me so why is it a different scenario with my kids. If I were to ever even think of saying the ####### that comes out of their mouths to my parents I would have been knocked into next week! But now it's different for my boys, according to them. I think not!!!!! OMG it's all so frustrating I want to pull my hair out ( but it costs too much LOL) They have to be held accountable for their actions just like we were and I will not tolerate the disrespect..... ok my rant over too needed to vent :whistle:

Girl I AGREE With you on that . My parents are always trying to get in the middle too. Now my kids have been home all summer and they barely do any chores. Each time I come in the house my home looks like World War III has ran through it and I’m tried. My son who is 12 only has to do the dishes for which we have a dish washer. I tell him all the time he has it so good cuz when I was growing up I was the dishwasher. Shyt at his age I was darn near cleaning the whole house.

So I wake up one morning and he didn’t do the dishes so I asked him why the dishes weren’t done and he told me oh its Wednesday I don’t do dishes on Wednesday?? I was floored since when did he get the authority to come behind me and change the rules. So I didn’t go off I knew that night he wanted to go out with the rest of the nutzos and purchase that Madden 2010 game at Midnight. I waited until night time and he is getting dressed and talking to his friends ready to go get the game so he comes to me and ask me for the money I politely look at him and tell him Oh it’s Thursday I don’t give out money on Thursdays. He hit the floor like what but mom. So he goes and tries to call my dad he gets on the phone with me telling me that was unfair. Umm hello is the is same man who raised me? Who woke me out of my sleep when I didn’t do the dishes who got mad at me one day for not taking out the garbage and when I came home form school it was in my bed. Umm excuse me. I had to tell me dad sorry this is my son and he will respect me. My dad tried to tell me I should run my punishment by him first before I give it to my son. Umm yeah o.k. dad sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I believe that once the 202# says the embassy has logged in the receipt of your DS-230, they will normally schedule the interview a week or two after that. Once you confirm that they received it and they have logged it in, I would start e-mailing the Kingston e-mail asking if they have scheduled the interview.

I wouldn't worry about packet 3 because the only thing you need out of that is the DS-230 which you already have. I never got packet 3. Packet 4 is the interview letter and medical information and I've only heard of people picking that up when the embassy has mailed it and the person never gets it.

I hope I said this right... lol

Well, sheesh I hope that he's not going to pick-up packet 3.

That e-mail for the ebmassy is: kingstonivinfo@state.gov You may have heard already because I've been away for a bit, but in the subject line of all your e-mails to them put 2nd Request. Seems like they only answer to that. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Thanks guys for ur support and resources! Yes I am in Canada, so thank u Sunray for that website! Spanglas gal thanks also for ur help and everyone else! Love u guys!

UPDATE I spoke to her and she is moving out at once. She has calmed down a little but I am still on her case.!

(L)(F)(L)

Timeline
GOOD MORNING YARDIES

I NEED UR HELP A FRIEND OF MINE IS ON THE BRINK OF KILLING HERSELF. HER FAMILY CALLS HER ALL SORTS OF NAMES, ILL TREAT HER ETC.... PLEASE HELP ME HELP HER. I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS WHERE SOMEONE TELLS ME THEY WANT TO END THEIR LIFE AND ITS SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help::help::help:

Hi, I want to help- I have been through this... If she is depressed and is planning on ending her life, THERE IS HELP, and she is not alone! This is an extremely serious situation. First off, is she in the US? There are 2 National Suicide Prevention Hotlines either you or she can call.

1-800-784-2433 or 1-800-273-8255.

If her family is mistreating her and not supporting her in any way, SHE NEEDS TO GET AWAY FROM THEM. There is free counseling available for her and support groups as well. (Lots of info online) She may need to be put on anti-depressant medication as well.. (I didn't believe in meds for a long time) but they TRULY help.. I know because they've helped me in more ways than you can imagine. I, myself have had to deal with an unsupportive family... I finally learned that what was best for me was NOT to deal with them AT ALL.. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love them all but they are not my friends and I have learned NOT to go to them with ANY type of issues or problems I may be having. Personally, i was suicidal too at one time in my life... These things take time.. Please let her know THERE IS HELP. If there is anything else I can do.. Do not hesitate... PM me ANYTIME. Just keep on her and do not leave her alone..

Make sure you speak with her EVERY DAY, AT LEAST A FEW TIMES A DAY IF YOU CAN. She will get through this with the right help and support. Good Luck baby girl and know she is in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Tina "SpanglasGirl"

Wow Spangles Big Ups to you for sharing something so personal to help someone else out!!! That was truly nice.

Timeline

You made me smile today, JaP. Thanks.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.