MsSheka

AUGUST I-130 PETITIONS!!

1,447 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh dear! Hang in there, maybe yours is JUST around the corner.

Anybody called CSC lately?

yes and they give me the same normal processing time blah blah blah.. :angry::angry: they also said that there are times when the priorities change from CR1/IR1 to K1/K3 and this might be one of those times :unsure: but they are still within the normal timeframe...so i am going to try a K3 if it gets stuck oh well but nothing tried nothing done after all its free and all you need is the NOA1, Marriage Certificate, and new photos no G-325A...BTW my dad also said that they do have a certain amount of petitions that they can approve within a certain class and time and they may have MAX out the CR1/IR1's for this month maybe even the rest of the year :blink::blink::blink:

According to the USCIS site that does not apply to spouse of a US citizen.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/A1eng.pdf

As soon as you reach end of the time frame posted on thier site contact your senator!!

AND on top of that, I believe their fiscal and visa year ends Oct 31st, so that were the case, then as of Nov 1st they would have a new batch of visas readily available....

We are all pulling for you MsSheka! :thumbs:

thanks redmen99 :thumbs: ..my hubby is still saying wait a little longer before i send the I-129F :unsure: UUURRHHHGG! love is a powerful thing :yes:

Edited by MsSheka

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Ms. Sheka, we're pulling for you!!!!!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Oh dear! Hang in there, maybe yours is JUST around the corner.

Anybody called CSC lately?

yes and they give me the same normal processing time blah blah blah.. :angry::angry: they also said that there are times when the priorities change from CR1/IR1 to K1/K3 and this might be one of those times :unsure: but they are still within the normal timeframe...so i am going to try a K3 if it gets stuck oh well but nothing tried nothing done after all its free and all you need is the NOA1, Marriage Certificate, and new photos no G-325A...BTW my dad also said that they do have a certain amount of petitions that they can approve within a certain class and time and they may have MAX out the CR1/IR1's for this month maybe even the rest of the year :blink::blink::blink:

According to the USCIS site that does not apply to spouse of a US citizen.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/A1eng.pdf

As soon as you reach end of the time frame posted on thier site contact your senator!!

AND on top of that, I believe their fiscal and visa year ends Oct 31st, so that were the case, then as of Nov 1st they would have a new batch of visas readily available....

We are all pulling for you MsSheka! :thumbs:

thanks redmen99 :thumbs: ..my hubby is still saying wait a little longer before i send the I-129F :unsure: UUURRHHHGG! love is a powerful thing :yes:

Stay strong Ms Sheka! :thumbs:

You've got a lot of people pulling for you. All those prayer and positive energy just take longer to get through cos there are so many. :rofl:

Timeline

You've got a lot of people pulling for you. All those prayer and positive energy just take longer to get through cos there are so many. :rofl:

:lol: i am still positive i am just shocked at how calm my hubby is no matter what even on our wedding day i was the one nervous he's full of pride :yes:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
Man, do I need some serious good Sheka news. What's the deal CSC?????

Mark

Ms. Sheka, we're pulling for you!!!!!

thanks Mark and Finn :thumbs: i am mailing that I-129F today i am not sure what will happen with it but i am going to try maybe they will finally "touch" my I-130 when they recieve it :unsure:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

:lol: i am still positive i am just shocked at how calm my hubby is no matter what even on our wedding day i was the one nervous he's full of pride :yes:

I think it has to be that way. If David got as stressed as I did it wouldnt work. One of us needs to be the calm one. We are finally moving ahead. I keep checking to see when you are gonna catch up. I've tried to figure out thier system but there seems to be no real rhyme or reason or order. I just hope you get approved before the holidays. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I went ahead and set my I-129F for K-3 on 10/30/09

BTW, What is meant by "touched"?

Thanks

__________________________________________________ _______

I-130 for spouse

1: 09/14/09 Sent I-130 package

2: 09/15/09 Realized that my I-130 was inaccuate:

I did not fill-in the Chennai Consulate name

I gave my address instead of my spouse overseas address.

Sent an updated I-130 on 09/15/09............Hope they accept this I-130 instead

3: 09/18/09 Received Date

4: 09/23/09 Check Cashed and NOA Received

5: xx/xx/09 RFE date

6: xx/xx/xx Approved

7: xx/xx/xx NOA2 Received

8: xx/xx/xx NVC Case No.

9: xx/xx/xx Medical

10: xx/xx/xx Interview

11: xx/xx/xx Visa Received

12: xx/xx/xx Travel Date

I went ahead and set my I-129F for K-3 on 10/30/09

BTW, What is meant by "touched"?

Thanks

__________________________________________________ _______

I-130 for spouse

1: 09/14/09 Sent I-130 package

2: 09/15/09 Realized that my I-130 was inaccuate:

I did not fill-in the Chennai Consulate name

I gave my address instead of my spouse overseas address.

Sent an updated I-130 on 09/15/09............Hope they accept this I-130 instead

3: 09/18/09 Received Date

4: 09/23/09 Check Cashed and NOA Received

5: xx/xx/09 RFE date

6: xx/xx/xx Approved

7: xx/xx/xx NOA2 Received

8: xx/xx/xx NVC Case No.

9: xx/xx/xx Medical

10: xx/xx/xx Interview

11: xx/xx/xx Visa Received

12: xx/xx/xx Travel Date

Sometimes the date changes when someone is working on your file. They "touch" it. Some people say it is right before approval. We never got any and still got NOA approved.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I just checked on phone for the status. It provided the same message that on September 23rd they sent a notice. Obviously no "touching" has happened to my case. I am trying to decide between cursing CSC for slow action and praying CSC for faster action. Not that either of the two option will really help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I just checked on phone for the status. It provided the same message that on September 23rd they sent a notice. Obviously no "touching" has happened to my case. I am trying to decide between cursing CSC for slow action and praying CSC for faster action. Not that either of the two option will really help.

Honestly at this point, I'm thinking that since the NVC is so busy right now, you are better off still in the CSC. Chances are once the NVC catches up to the case load they have, they will be back on their regular 1 month time schedule for a bit then the CSC will go crazy with approvals again. Its almost 6 of one, and 1/2 a dozen of the other if you know what I mean.... Its a no win situation no matter where you are at this point.

Wow, I sound like such a "Debbie downer"... Sorry! I didn't mean that to sound so depressing... honest I didn't. You know how people always say the grass is greener on the other side, I guess that's where I am. My I-130 was approved in 30 days, I was expecting 5 months, not 1. So now I want it all done now and that is so frustrating because its not going to happen. I almost think I would be happier if my case went by my expectations where my I-130 wasn't approved until sometime in November, then I wouldn't have had so many ups and downs and my husband wouldn't be living literally in limbo.... He gave up his apartment a few months after he lost his job, so he really has no place to call his own and doesn't know what to do. He's been living with friends and visiting with family for the past few months when he hasn't been here visiting with me. We are both very frustrated and unsure on what to do. I'm still hopeful for a case complete and an interview date ASAP, but at the same time hoping for some progress for my fellow August filers. :thumbs:

Wow, did I really just say all that??? :rofl:

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Honestly at this point, I'm thinking that since the NVC is so busy right now, you are better off still in the CSC. Chances are once the NVC catches up to the case load they have, they will be back on their regular 1 month time schedule for a bit then the CSC will go crazy with approvals again. Its almost 6 of one, and 1/2 a dozen of the other if you know what I mean.... Its a no win situation no matter where you are at this point.

Wow, I sound like such a "Debbie downer"... Sorry! I didn't mean that to sound so depressing... honest I didn't. You know how people always say the grass is greener on the other side, I guess that's where I am. My I-130 was approved in 30 days, I was expecting 5 months, not 1. So now I want it all done now and that is so frustrating because its not going to happen. I almost think I would be happier if my case went by my expectations where my I-130 wasn't approved until sometime in November, then I wouldn't have had so many ups and downs and my husband wouldn't be living literally in limbo.... He gave up his apartment a few months after he lost his job, so he really has no place to call his own and doesn't know what to do. He's been living with friends and visiting with family for the past few months when he hasn't been here visiting with me. We are both very frustrated and unsure on what to do. I'm still hopeful for a case complete and an interview date ASAP, but at the same time hoping for some progress for my fellow August filers. :thumbs:

I read your note and thought hmmm I could have written the same. It is oing faster than expected but every moment apart is like an eternity so I just want it completed. We have the wrinkle of needig to seel his house first. A couple viewed it yesterday. I'm really hoping they loved it and made an offer!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

:time:

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This process is really a stressful journey. We are all in this one together! I call the NVC at least 6 times a day......sometimes I feel like I am going crazy.

I-130 Sent : July 6, 2009

I-130 NOA1: July 10, 2009

Touched: July 14, 2009

APPROVED!!: September 4, 2009

NVC Journey

Case Entered Into NVC: September 16, 2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: September 21, 2009

Return Completed DS-3032:

Pay I-864 Bill: $70.00 September 25, 2009, PAID status September 28, 2009

Receive I-864 Package: September 29, 2009

Receive Instruction Package: September 29, 2009

Return Completed I-864: September 29, 2009

WAITING FOR DS-2030 TO BE ACCEPTED STILL! 10/6/2009

NVC Sent Letter Requesting the DS-3032 Form!!! 10/7/2009

DS-3032 form acceptted via Email 10/9/2009

Paid IV bill $400 10/10/2009, PAID STATUS 10/14/2009

Return Completed DS-230: 10/21/2009 - via FedEx

DS-230 Received: 10/22/2009 10:04am - Signed for by: J.DESMOND

DS-230 Officially under review: 10/24/2009

Sign-in Failed:

Case Complete @ NVC:

25254113_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I read your note and thought hmmm I could have written the same. It is oing faster than expected but every moment apart is like an eternity so I just want it completed. We have the wrinkle of needig to seel his house first. A couple viewed it yesterday. I'm really hoping they loved it and made an offer!

I was going to reply something similar to that post and you beat me to it. That's us being fools that seldom differ again cos we ain't great minds! If they make an offer on the house I will love them forever. I might even have their babies. We were looking at a 7 or 8 month wait for approval at the VSC and then they sent us to super Californee instead and we were approved in 55 days but it still seems like half a lifetime! I want it. I want it NOW! If I don't get my visa I'll scream and scream until I make myself sick! :crying:

This process is really a stressful journey. We are all in this one together! I call the NVC at least 6 times a day......sometimes I feel like I am going crazy.

I-130 Sent : July 6, 2009

I-130 NOA1: July 10, 2009

Touched: July 14, 2009

APPROVED!!: September 4, 2009

NVC Journey

Case Entered Into NVC: September 16, 2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: September 21, 2009

Return Completed DS-3032:

Pay I-864 Bill: $70.00 September 25, 2009, PAID status September 28, 2009

Receive I-864 Package: September 29, 2009

Receive Instruction Package: September 29, 2009

Return Completed I-864: September 29, 2009

WAITING FOR DS-2030 TO BE ACCEPTED STILL! 10/6/2009

NVC Sent Letter Requesting the DS-3032 Form!!! 10/7/2009

DS-3032 form acceptted via Email 10/9/2009

Paid IV bill $400 10/10/2009, PAID STATUS 10/14/2009

Return Completed DS-230: 10/21/2009 - via FedEx

DS-230 Received: 10/22/2009 10:04am - Signed for by: J.DESMOND

DS-230 Officially under review: 10/24/2009

Sign-in Failed:

Case Complete @ NVC:

So it's your fault I can never get through! :lol:

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.