MsSheka

AUGUST I-130 PETITIONS!!

1,447 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
"
I should hope not. Have you got an RFE or any inkling why it is taking so long? If it goes too much longer you might try sending a letter to your senator and see if they can push it through any quicker. In the mean time, when is your next visit with your hubby?

I'm glad you got the pressure under control! :thumbs:

No RFE nothing just sitting here :unsure: I think they just have not touched my file since 09/02/09 :angry: I don't know but whatever the case is I will give them until 11/30/09 if i don't hear anything by then, then i will go ahead and take some action but until then....I am still waiting.. :whistle::whistle: I was told the last time I called USCIS that a background check can normally take up to 90 days :blink: ...don't know if they just wanted to get me off the phone or what :blink: but here i stand waiting patiently not sure if i will be able to visit hubby until January :crying: but on a positive note my BP is doing really good :dance::dance:

You are so much more patient than me. David teases me all the time cos I even get anxious waiting for the microwave to work. lol

Maybe you will be able to see him before jan. We are thinking we might not be able to share Christmas so I'll keep the tree up until we can share it together. I dont care if we end up celebrating on Easter. I want my husband home. I wonder if any of the folks working at USCIS or NVC have been through the process. I am gussing it is just a matter of volume. Too many of us and too few of them!

Anyway I think the fact that you have no RFE probablty means they are just busy so as soon as they get to that stack you will sail on through.

The other day NVC automated phone said 2 weeks for follow up and yesterday the recording was 6 weeks I really hope they dont take the full time tho.

Feel free to vent, PM if you ever feel the need. I am really glad to hear your health is better and I am sure hubbby is also relieved. Take care. :innocent:

I don't think there is much they can do at USCIS i think they shift the focus a lot from CR1/IR1 to K1/K3 and other forms and that causes delays even though they say that we (CR1/IR1) are number 1 i really doubt it :whistle: on a positive note i think i will be able to see my hubby in early December i am so excited :energy::energy:

Edited by MsSheka

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"
I should hope not. Have you got an RFE or any inkling why it is taking so long? If it goes too much longer you might try sending a letter to your senator and see if they can push it through any quicker. In the mean time, when is your next visit with your hubby?

No RFE nothing just sitting here :unsure: I think they just have not touched my file since 09/02/09 :angry: I don't know but whatever the case is I will give them until 11/30/09 if i don't hear anything by then, then i will go ahead and take some action but until then....I am still waiting.. :whistle::whistle: I was told the last time I called USCIS that a background check can normally take up to 90 days :blink: ...don't know if they just wanted to get me off the phone or what :blink: but here i stand waiting patiently not sure if i will be able to visit hubby until January :crying: but on a positive note my BP is doing really good :dance::dance:

You are so much more patient than me. David teases me all the time cos I even get anxious waiting for the microwave to work. lol

Maybe you will be able to see him before jan. We are thinking we might not be able to share Christmas so I'll keep the tree up until we can share it together. I dont care if we end up celebrating on Easter. I want my husband home. I wonder if any of the folks working at USCIS or NVC have been through the process. I am gussing it is just a matter of volume. Too many of us and too few of them!

Anyway I think the fact that you have no RFE probablty means they are just busy so as soon as they get to that stack you will sail on through.

The other day NVC automated phone said 2 weeks for follow up and yesterday the recording was 6 weeks I really hope they dont take the full time tho.

Feel free to vent, PM if you ever feel the need. I am really glad to hear your health is better and I am sure hubbby is also relieved. Take care. :innocent:

I don't think there is much they can do at USCIS i think they shift the focus a lot from CR1/IR1 to K1/K3 and other forms and that causes delays even though they say that we (CR1/IR1) are number 1 i really doubt it :whistle: on a positive note i think i will be able to see my hubby in early December i am so excited :energy::energy:

Woo hoo! Early December is not so far off. I'll see mine for Thanksgiving and he is bringing his mum. She has never been here so it is really exciting. Before we wed and began this process I read the official US site and saw No wait for spouse and thought great, he come right on over. I was really disappointed when I discovered how slow a process it really is for most couples. It stinks. I had to come home to work and there have been workmen here all day trying to patch a leak! I skipped lunch (not like I cant stand to miss a meal) and now it is neatrly time for supper so I will just keep going. Well better get back to it. That's my 5 minute breather over! Take care Ms Sheka. I miss you on the forums.

Timeline
"

Woo hoo! Early December is not so far off. I'll see mine for Thanksgiving and he is bringing his mum. She has never been here so it is really exciting. Before we wed and began this process I read the official US site and saw No wait for spouse and thought great, he come right on over. I was really disappointed when I discovered how slow a process it really is for most couples. It stinks. I had to come home to work and there have been workmen here all day trying to patch a leak! I skipped lunch (not like I cant stand to miss a meal) and now it is neatrly time for supper so I will just keep going. Well better get back to it. That's my 5 minute breather over! Take care Ms Sheka. I miss you on the forums.

I hope you guys enjoy her being here :thumbs: my mother-in-law is like my mom i love her to death now i see why my hubby adores her :)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between October 28, 2009 and December 24, 2009*.

I SO WISH THIS WAS TRUE :whistle:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

"

I hope you guys enjoy her being here :thumbs: my mother-in-law is like my mom i love her to death now i see why my hubby adores her :)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between October 28, 2009 and December 24, 2009*.

We actually got our NOA2 almost a month before the timeline date so fingers crossed it will be the same for you! I was so hoping for an interview before holidays to get him here but his house and car still need to be sold so he cant come even if the interview were tomorrow. Me and my MIL talk online nearly every day but in person she is so shy and has been so formal when I come for visits. I'm hoping after a week here with the kids and us she will relax. I've got no intention of being all formal. I want her to feel at home so I'm going to treat her same as my own parents. They are all going to come for Thanksgiving meal. I'm working all day,going to airport then home to bake pies and prepare turkey for am. Am I nuts or what? I actually cannot wait! It is going to be great having the ones I love all in same room. :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Lucky! My mother-in-law is taking English classes, but for some reason is too intimidated to speak English to me! I love her, but I can't talk to her! (I'm sure some people are thinking, wow, that's the perfect in-law relationship! ha)

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Lucky! My mother-in-law is taking English classes, but for some reason is too intimidated to speak English to me! I love her, but I can't talk to her! (I'm sure some people are thinking, wow, that's the perfect in-law relationship! ha)

I was thinking it but I wasn't gonna say it. lol :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Wow! That's a "cable guy" time window!! Sheesh!!. Well "get 'er done" as Larry would say....

Mark :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
"

We actually got our NOA2 almost a month before the timeline date so fingers crossed it will be the same for you! I was so hoping for an interview before holidays to get him here but his house and car still need to be sold so he cant come even if the interview were tomorrow. Me and my MIL talk online nearly every day but in person she is so shy and has been so formal when I come for visits. I'm hoping after a week here with the kids and us she will relax. I've got no intention of being all formal. I want her to feel at home so I'm going to treat her same as my own parents. They are all going to come for Thanksgiving meal. I'm working all day,going to airport then home to bake pies and prepare turkey for am. Am I nuts or what? I actually cannot wait! It is going to be great having the ones I love all in same room. :dance:

My mother isn't shy at all. She just doesn't like you! Lol. And yes you are mad. Completely stark raving bonkers but I still love you. And I love your apple pie. You won't be alone in the kitchen. I'll be making my world famous mashed tatties. Only a Scotsman can do them right. Even with inferior American potatoes I still manage to make them perfect. Before I met you I only had christmas but I now have 2 reasons to eat and drink too much. God bless America! :yes:

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

She is probably worried that you won't understand her cos you Americans only think you speak English! In fact it's a weird vowel dropping version of it that only you seem to understand! :lol:

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

She is probably worried that you won't understand her cos you Americans only think you speak English! In fact it's a weird vowel dropping version of it that only you seem to understand! :lol:

ooh cheeky! :devil:

My mother isn't shy at all. She just doesn't like you! Lol. And yes you are mad. Completely stark raving bonkers but I still love you. And I love your apple pie. You won't be alone in the kitchen. I'll be making my world famous mashed tatties. Only a Scotsman can do them right. Even with inferior American potatoes I still manage to make them perfect. Before I met you I only had christmas but I now have 2 reasons to eat and drink too much. God bless America! :yes:

Gee thanks honey. :crying: Besides I already know she likes me best. What do you think we talk about everyday? :rofl:

I love your tatties even if the word makes me giggle. We are gonna be bumping into each other a lot in that tiny kitchen. It will be like Chip n Dale. pardon me, excuse me. lol

It's just lucky for you the portion sizes are so small here..... :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

ha! Every time I hear a Scot talk (which, I guess, is pretty rare), I'm like, HUH? It's like you speak your own language! How do you understand him, David's Girl???? :D

You two are so cute!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline

Good Morning Fellow filers :star: HEELLPP!! someone please send some positive energy my way :help::help: I can feel the Witch sneaking out of me :girlwerewolf2xn:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

ha! Every time I hear a Scot talk (which, I guess, is pretty rare), I'm like, HUH? It's like you speak your own language! How do you understand him, David's Girl???? :D

You two are so cute!

Good Morning Fellow filers :star: HEELLPP!! someone please send some positive energy my way :help::help: I can feel the Witch sneaking out of me :girlwerewolf2xn:

Finn it is funny that you say that cos I have never had any trouble understanding him or anyone else over there yet. I feel bad when we go out for a meal and the poor guy has to repeat his order although he must be used to it cos he repeats everything to me! I am deaf in one ear and I have not got the hearing aid. It costs too much, I read lips pretty well and I'm too vain! (althought everyone points out my hair would hide it and I'm not really foolin anyone cos my speaking voice is unintentionally loud) Sometimes I guess at what I hear (my dad does this as well) and when I reply it makes fior some um interesting exchanges. :rofl:

Ms Sheka since it is nearly halloween no one will notice the witchiness. :rofl: I dont blame for you for being a bit blue but I just know your day is coming!! You have been inspirational and helpful to so many of us. It might not be much consolation when you miss your hubby but your positivity (is that a word?) is so contagious! You have infected us all with your laughter and hopefulness so don't you go giving up now! :dance::bonk::energy::goofy: We are all here for you!!!

Timeline

You two are so cute!

Finn it is funny that you say that cos I have never had any trouble understanding him or anyone else over there yet. I feel bad when we go out for a meal and the poor guy has to repeat his order although he must be used to it cos he repeats everything to me! I am deaf in one ear and I have not got the hearing aid. It costs too much, I read lips pretty well and I'm too vain! (althought everyone points out my hair would hide it and I'm not really foolin anyone cos my speaking voice is unintentionally loud) Sometimes I guess at what I hear (my dad does this as well) and when I reply it makes fior some um interesting exchanges. :rofl:

Ms Sheka since it is nearly halloween no one will notice the witchiness. :rofl: I dont blame for you for being a bit blue but I just know your day is coming!! You have been inspirational and helpful to so many of us. It might not be much consolation when you miss your hubby but your positivity (is that a word?) is so contagious! You have infected us all with your laughter and hopefulness so don't you go giving up now! :dance::bonk::energy::goofy: We are all here for you!!!

Oh no never! :no: but I feel my the other side coming out slowly :lol: but like you said its almost halloween so maybe no one will notice :rofl:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.