MsSheka

AUGUST I-130 PETITIONS!!

1,447 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
We got approved.

"On September 28, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN"

Good luck to everyone. MsSheka, you are next. :)

Congrats!! You are on my same timeline!! (Feel free to update your timeline... or not... you are below me so won't make me go up on Igor ;)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Congrats Mommy! Okay that seems weird to type...hehee Can you send me my allowance now??!!!

Seriously, great news!

Mark and Ms. Sheka, you're next!!!!!! That darn Igors list is so screwed up. All the old ones with no approvals shown haven't been on VJ in like 20 years, and some people are on the list twice (both spouses), etc...Mark, you're probably actually #10 instead of #whatever you are!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We got approved.

"On September 28, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN"

Good luck to everyone. MsSheka, you are next. :)

CONGRATS!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance: i can't wait :energy:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well I guess i am back to square one not quite...now i just have to wait a few days just to find out what they need. Says additional evidence...so probably proof of ongoing relationship, since i mailed the app 2 weeks after i came back from India after the wedding. Hope it is that simple...will keep you all posted.

8/4-sent i-130

8/5-received i130 at chicago

8/10-NOA at CSC

8/12-touch

9/23-touch

9/29-Touch-sent RFE

Mailed I-130 overnight-8/28/2013

Delivered to the USCIS PO Box Chicago 8/29/2013

NOA1 date-8/29/2013 Got as of 9/4/2013

Transfer Date : 2/24/2014

Transferred to Vermont

NOA2 3/7/2014

NVC received 3/19/2014

Case number Assigned 4/18/2014

DS-261 filed 4/26/2014

AOS paid 4/28/2014

AOS shows paid 4/30/2014

IV paid 4/30/2014

AOS and IV packages overnighted sent 5/2/2014

Packages at NVC 5/5/2014, system date of 5/7/2014

Case Complete 6/2/2014

Interview assigned 6/11/2014

Interview 7/18/2014 at Mumbai, India

POE 8/28/2014

Twins-7/19/2015 (Boy and Girl)!!

I-751 mailed in 6/1/2016 (two day priority)

Timeline
Well I guess i am back to square one not quite...now i just have to wait a few days just to find out what they need. Says additional evidence...so probably proof of ongoing relationship, since i mailed the app 2 weeks after i came back from India after the wedding. Hope it is that simple...will keep you all posted.

8/4-sent i-130

8/5-received i130 at chicago

8/10-NOA at CSC

8/12-touch

9/23-touch

9/29-Touch-sent RFE

not really it might be something simple like you missed a question or they need new passport photos, don't worry once you reply to the RFE they normally will resume your adjudication in a matter of days, just go over your application and forms to see if you missed anything (hope you made a duplicate) :thumbs:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I updated the timeline.

FinnLove, Thank you. Its kind of funny huh to say Mommy.

MsSheka, Look out for the text. I knew because I go the text stating that my status is updated over USCIS.

Timeline
I updated the timeline.

FinnLove, Thank you. Its kind of funny huh to say Mommy.

MsSheka, Look out for the text. I knew because I go the text stating that my status is updated over USCIS.

I will t8812.gifi am so happy to see people close to my time gatting approved that lets me know they are working our case still no touch since 09/02/09 but i see your first touch since then was 09/28/09 so maybe this week for me and mark :dance::dance:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Congratulations for the people who get the NOA 1 and the NOA2 how i wish it come the time i tell u all Congratulations for ur CR

OK OK OK PEOPLE WHO DIDNT GET THE APPROVL ME ONE OF THEM ,,,, LAST NIGHT I DREAM THAT U ALL GET UR APPROVAL THIS WEEK SO KEEP SWIMMING AS MS SHEKA SAID BEFOR AND U WILL BE IN THE OTHER SIDE SOON PLZ DONT ASK ME WHEN SOON CUZ NOBODY KNOWS WHEN

HEY TODAY IS MY MOM INLAW BIRTHDAY IN WV AND I SENT HER SO NICE INDIAN HAND MADE DINING TABLE CLOTH SHE LOVE IT HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM INLAW :dance:

OK GUYS WISH U ALL SWEET DAY

BUT BY ME IT IS NIGHT SO GOOD NIGHT :star:

David\'sgirl...MsSheka....you\'re next :energy: :energy: :energy:

What am I? Chopped liver :(

I'm sorry, I've only recently dipped into the August thread so I didn't 'know' you like the others :blush: :blush: ..... here's hoping that you're next :thumbs: :thumbs:

Timeline
I'm sorry, I've only recently dipped into the August thread so I didn't 'know' you like the others :blush: :blush: ..... here's hoping that you're next :thumbs: :thumbs:

No biggie. I am just overly sensitive right now.

Mark :)

treehugger i have a feeling you were already APPROVED on the 23rdt2712.gif

MsSheka you were RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The touch was an approval :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Our online case status still shows that it's under review, but my husband got the hardcopy NOA2 on Monday (yesterday)...he just woke me up to tell me :content: :content: :content: :content: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations! I guess hubby knew what he was doing after all! :dance::dance:

Why have I got the feeling that we will be still waiting by christmas? :crying:

Shhhh, don't tell him that :whistle: :whistle:

Yous will be very soon...yours is only slightly behind mine...can't be long now :thumbs: :thumbs:

No biggie. I am just overly sensitive right now.

Thanks everyone, you've all been absolutely fab :energy: :energy:

Mark, I know absolutely how you feel, I was just the same only yesterday...over the weekend I was so down I managed to bring everyone else around me down too, when I'm normally a much more positive person...and it turns out that we'd already been approved but didn't know it...just wasted energy that not only didn't accomplish anything, but was totally unnecessary...as hard as it is, go and do something positive instead, like sort out your tax returns etc, so at least when it does get to NVC you fly through :) :) :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I was in such a funk this past Sunday morning that I called my hubby very early in the morning (my early!) and whined and everything else. Two hours later I got my text with the "updated status" message, then my approval email. Mark, I totally know how you feel. But remember it'll pass. Your turn is right around the corner! And let's hope that Send has psychic dream powers!!!! I'm hoping so much that you, Ms. Sheka and the Scots get your approvals SOON! I won't abandon this thread until everyone's moved over to our NVC October thread!!!! Well, I say we all stay here too anyway...

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

I was in such a funk this past Sunday morning that I called my hubby very early in the morning (my early!) and whined and everything else. Two hours later I got my text with the "updated status" message, then my approval email. Mark, I totally know how you feel. But remember it'll pass. Your turn is right around the corner! And let's hope that Send has psychic dream powers!!!! I'm hoping so much that you, Ms. Sheka and the Scots get your approvals SOON! I won't abandon this thread until everyone's moved over to our NVC October thread!!!! Well, I say we all stay here too anyway...

Your people in this thread are fantactic, so supportive of each other!!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline
Mark, I totally know how you feel. But remember it'll pass. Your turn is right around the corner!

Not today, however. Ho-hum! Thanks Finn for agreeing to stick around. I plan to follow this thread for my duration on VJ (as well as whatever my particular NVC thread will be, then my embassy thread, and my POE thread, and then whatever removing conditions thread, and then whatever naturalization thread... well, I'll be around for a while, so y'all will just have to get used to me).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.