MsSheka

AUGUST I-130 PETITIONS!!

1,447 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This February it will be 22 years since I met the love of my life at a random youth hostel in Sydney, Australia. We were so young, right out of college, and the timing was off. I like to think that maybe it wouldn't have worked when we were 23/24 years old, plus I never would have had my amazing and beautiful daughter if I hadn't married someone else. Lucky we were both single when I decided to Google him last year. I didn't know if he got married (he never did), he didn't know I got divorced (which happened three years prior to finding him again). We felt so much love for each other just through emails and phone calls. It was scary when I decided to visit him a month later, knowing it was either going to be real good or not work and the feelings weren't real. It took 24 hours for me to get to him, and I was either super excited on the planes or about to barf with nervousness! The second we saw each other at the airport, we knew for sure we were madly in love and going to marry each other-FINALLY! We never have had a moment of awkwardness or being uncomfortable around each other. I love him with all my heart. I don't usually go on and on about personal stuff and emotions, but I'm in one of those moods right now! And hey, we're all on VJ for love...

Anyway, it's fun to do this in our mid-40s. We're like teenagers! And of course we're much older and wiser... ;)

This morning I woke up just feeling cruddy and down about all this immigration stuff. I called him early and he made me feel so much better just by talking to me!

A little while ago I just received a text from "358-42." I read it. I called my Finn Man so he could be on the phone with me when I tried to figure things out. I opened up an email I had just received while he was on the phone.

Here's a hint:

:wow::thumbs::dancing::dancing:(L):dance::yes::)

We were approved on 9/25!

OMG!!!CONGRATS!!!! YAAAY!!! OMG FINN I AM SO HAPPY LIKE ITS MINE YES YES YES !!!!t9307.gift9305.gift9305.gift9305.gift9305.gif

Edited by MsSheka

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
This February it will be 22 years since I met the love of my life at a random youth hostel in Sydney, Australia. We were so young, right out of college, and the timing was off. I like to think that maybe it wouldn't have worked when we were 23/24 years old, plus I never would have had my amazing and beautiful daughter if I hadn't married someone else. Lucky we were both single when I decided to Google him last year. I didn't know if he got married (he never did), he didn't know I got divorced (which happened three years prior to finding him again). We felt so much love for each other just through emails and phone calls. It was scary when I decided to visit him a month later, knowing it was either going to be real good or not work and the feelings weren't real. It took 24 hours for me to get to him, and I was either super excited on the planes or about to barf with nervousness! The second we saw each other at the airport, we knew for sure we were madly in love and going to marry each other-FINALLY! We never have had a moment of awkwardness or being uncomfortable around each other. I love him with all my heart. I don't usually go on and on about personal stuff and emotions, but I'm in one of those moods right now! And hey, we're all on VJ for love...

Anyway, it's fun to do this in our mid-40s. We're like teenagers! And of course we're much older and wiser... ;)

This morning I woke up just feeling cruddy and down about all this immigration stuff. I called him early and he made me feel so much better just by talking to me!

A little while ago I just received a text from "358-42." I read it. I called my Finn Man so he could be on the phone with me when I tried to figure things out. I opened up an email I had just received while he was on the phone.

Here's a hint:

:wow::thumbs::dancing::dancing:(L):dance::yes::)

We were approved on 9/25!

OMG!!!CONGRATS!!!! YAAAY!!! OMG FINN I AM SO HAPPY LIKE ITS MINE YES YES YES !!!!t9307.gift9305.gift9305.gift9305.gift9305.gif

Finn this truely made my day i needed to hear some good news congrats again my dear i know your hubby was super happy! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Thanks Mal and Ms. Sheka! I was shaking when I read the text. I was actually worried it was an RFE!

I want the rest of my August team approved THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course anyone in the months before us!

Others may have been approved on 9/25 and don't know it yet...and here we thought they took the day off! I know some people didn't know until they got their mail (snail mail). August is moving fast-almost like February did!

Yes he was super duper happy! I actually cried when I read the email as he was on the phone (the text message just said it was updated-the email said approved). I'm so sappy.

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: IR-2 Country: China
Timeline
dang! i thought i was in the august thread!..... :blush:

i posted this over in the july thread *toinks*

I'd just want to validate what my wife (Señora Bonita) says at Post # 395. The funny thing is that, up to this minute, our case status at the USCIS site still shows as under Initial Review. We have not received any approval email from CRIS either. But today, I received the Approval Notice, dated September 16, 2009, from USCIS. Our last touch was on September 17th and that was when this approval letter was postmarked. We can't rely on the website for updates no more, so, I recommend that you sort your mail attentively!

To abbie and maritoni - many thanks for congratulating my wife! :thumbs:

ooh yeah huh. our last touch was september 18th & when my hubby went & checked his PO box today guess what?? there it was!! our NOA2 hard copy dated september 18th yay!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: when i checked online today it still doesn't say approved. we have been approved a week and we didn't know it! lol

oh well, we got our NOA2!!!! woohooo!!!

now its NVC time!

for those still waiting, i will keep you guys in my prayers. well all of my august friends are in my prayers! :star:

Congratulations, kind of weird you did not get an email. :dance::dance:

07/07/09 : Married

08/18/09: I-130 Sent to Chicago

08/20/09: I-130 Received by USCIS

08/25/09: NOA1

09/22/09: NOA2

10/05/09: Received case# and gave emails

10/07/09: Received DS-3032 and AOS email

10/09/09: Sent DS-3032 email to optin electronic filing

10/15/09: Paid both AOS & IV fees

10/16/09: Received email electronic filing accepted

10/18/09: Sent AOS via email

10/23/09: Received email that AOS was accepted and waiting for IV

10/27/09: Sent IV via email

11/10/09: Signon to payment failure

11/19/09: Received email for interview - December 14th

12/14/09: Approved for Visa

12/16/09: Received Visa

Filed: IR-2 Country: China
Timeline
get your email DS-3032 ready and save it as a draft and get all the docs ready like PC and anyother docs use this time between NVC to get their docs ready :thumbs:

argh! oh yeah. i didn't know i can save it as draft. thanks for the tip. i tried to save it before but couldn't. thanks MsSheka! :thumbs

about the PCs...from places i lived since i was 16? or after i was 16? my mind is kind of in a mess right now... i just woke up! lol

:ot:

i am so tired cos we had a really bad storm yesterday. we might be on the news i am not sure. i got stranded on my way to work yesterday. i took the bus and i was in the bus for more than 12 hours! :( i skipped bfast cos i was running late so i didn't have a decent meal all day yesterday as i was stuck in traffic in the bus. some places flood water was waist-deep and some places cars were totally submerged.

Abbie if you havent' called NVC and given them your email addresses I would do this first thing Monday. After you give them your email addresses they will email you your Invoice Id# to pay your $70 I-864 fee unless this cam in the mail also. Or you could call and see if they can give you this Invoice Id# over the phone.

Edited by dan_ling

07/07/09 : Married

08/18/09: I-130 Sent to Chicago

08/20/09: I-130 Received by USCIS

08/25/09: NOA1

09/22/09: NOA2

10/05/09: Received case# and gave emails

10/07/09: Received DS-3032 and AOS email

10/09/09: Sent DS-3032 email to optin electronic filing

10/15/09: Paid both AOS & IV fees

10/16/09: Received email electronic filing accepted

10/18/09: Sent AOS via email

10/23/09: Received email that AOS was accepted and waiting for IV

10/27/09: Sent IV via email

11/10/09: Signon to payment failure

11/19/09: Received email for interview - December 14th

12/14/09: Approved for Visa

12/16/09: Received Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi All!

I went to church yesterday after a month, and prayed that all (everyone here and elsewhere, including me) get their petitions approved.

Today I was talking to my wife and checking my email in the morning , and I get an email from USCIS, and after opening it, was WOWED!

I GOT APPROVED by USCIS!!!!!

"Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 25, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message."

WOO HOOO!!!!

Now I have to go to church every week :-)

I hope they are approving it in the order that they are receiving it.

I still haven't received the hardcopy yet, and my online case thing at the USCIS website says Last Update was the 27th (today). So are they working weekends or something there too? Or maybe the system needs 48 hours to update itself. And the email I received this morning as well. I'll update my timeline once I receive the hardcopy.

MsSheka: I hope yours gets approved SOOON!!!! You've been the heart and soul of this discussion.

Everyone Else: Thank you soo much for just being here and I hope everyone else thats waiting will get theirs soon and smoothly (without any RFE's).

Timeline
Hi All!

I went to church yesterday after a month, and prayed that all (everyone here and elsewhere, including me) get their petitions approved.

Today I was talking to my wife and checking my email in the morning , and I get an email from USCIS, and after opening it, was WOWED!

On September 25, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.

WOO HOOO!!!!

I still haven't received the hardcopy yet, and my online case thing at the USCIS website says Last Update was the 27th (today). So are they working weekends or something there too? Or maybe the system needs 48 hours to update itself. And the email I received this morning as well. I'll update my timeline once I receive the hardcopy.

MsSheka: I hope yours gets approved SOOON!!!! You've been the heart and soul of this discussion.

Everyone Else: Thank you soo much for just being here and I hope everyone else thats waiting will get theirs soon and smoothly (without any RFE's).

WOOOW YAAAY OMG CONGRATS!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
get your email DS-3032 ready and save it as a draft and get all the docs ready like PC and anyother docs use this time between NVC to get their docs ready :thumbs:

argh! oh yeah. i didn't know i can save it as draft. thanks for the tip. i tried to save it before but couldn't. thanks MsSheka! :thumbs

about the PCs...from places i lived since i was 16? or after i was 16? my mind is kind of in a mess right now... i just woke up! lol

:ot:

i am so tired cos we had a really bad storm yesterday. we might be on the news i am not sure. i got stranded on my way to work yesterday. i took the bus and i was in the bus for more than 12 hours! :( i skipped bfast cos i was running late so i didn't have a decent meal all day yesterday as i was stuck in traffic in the bus. some places flood water was waist-deep and some places cars were totally submerged.

Wow Abbie! Is this in the Phillipines? I hope everyone is alright and that you got to work and back safely and was able to get rest.

The answer to your question for the PC is everywhere you were from the time you were 16 and older. Not before you were 16. Hope that helps!

Take care and stay safe!

Timeline
Hi All!

WOO HOOO!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH I AM SO NERVOUS BECAUSE WE HAVE THE EXACT SAME TIMELINEt3609.gift3607.gif :lol:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Hey Prince_and_Rose don't forget to update your timeline :dance::dance::thumbs:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Prince and Rose-congrats! I got the text and email this morning-approved the same day as yours, with the same updated date! So we're on the exact same schedule now!

Let's hope some more emails start coming in...keep checking your statutes online everyone! Mine had nothing earlier this morning, then it changed an hour later (after I got the text).

I know Mark hasn't been around this morning-I don't think he's read his emails yet. Hurry Mark and come back and check your email!!!!!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

YAY Finn and Prince and Rose!

I am so happy for you!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Welcome to the NVC... :clock:

MsSheka, you are next! I just know it!!! :thumbs:

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Timeline

I am so happy for you!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

thanks Finn i was telling my hubby about you guys he said he hope that we all get to be with our families for the new yearbanana_smiley_21.gif

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Thanks Everyone!

Looking forward the next leg of this journey with Finn. I guess they approved a bunch from CSC today.

MsSheka, I have the same feeling as redmen99. We're keeping our fingers crossed for you and others!

I have a horrible time updating the timeline!!!@#!@!@#

Edited by Prince_and_Rose

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.