Stay positive :thumbs:

Edited by MsSheka

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
Ms. Sheka, if you're this positive outside of VJ as you are here, then you may be one of the most positive people I've run across! You rock! I'm just having a pity party day. I'm usually not like this, but for some reason all of this is getting to me! I thought my love story would make all the uscis'ers cry and approve me fast! ha! :crying:(L)

Wow, a September approval? This is wild! Congrats!

Mark, I know exactly how you feel. It's hard not to be frustrated. This whole process can be such a downer. I can't even imagine either how May filers feel who haven't been approved yet, along with June and July as they watch August/September move on.

If something doesn't happen soon for mine, I may just take a break from VJ! The less I know, the better I seem to feel lately!

I am a September filler and got approved in Sept. but I've waited long time. I got married in 2007, became USC in 08/2009.

Look how long I was away from my life

That is a very long wait! Glad it's moving along so fast! I guess I don't even know how your process works when you become a USC. I'm a little confused!

Finn do not let this steal your joy my dear (F) i have not gotten a touch since 09/02/09 but i still remain positive, this is a life changing experience we are reuniting with our loved ones and that in it self is very emotional, but we cannot let negative thoughts take over, trust me sometimes i wonder how they bypass all these people there are people who have been waiting since MARCH :unsure: so cheer up my dear and remeber you are an August filer and i saw a september filer approved today which means they have your file there somewhere (hopefully our adjudicator did not pull our file and leave it at their desk while they go on vacation :rofl: ) :whistle: ok maybe that wasn't funny but anyways CHEER UP FINN..and you too MARK!t4624.gif

Will do Ms. Sheka! I've been waiting for my hubby for almost 22 years now! :)

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ms. Sheka, if you're this positive outside of VJ as you are here, then you may be one of the most positive people I've run across! You rock! I'm just having a pity party day. I'm usually not like this, but for some reason all of this is getting to me! I thought my love story would make all the uscis'ers cry and approve me fast! ha! :crying:(L)

Mark, I know exactly how you feel. It's hard not to be frustrated. This whole process can be such a downer. I can't even imagine either how May filers feel who haven't been approved yet, along with June and July as they watch August/September move on.

If something doesn't happen soon for mine, I may just take a break from VJ! The less I know, the better I seem to feel lately!

I am a September filler and got approved in Sept. but I've waited long time. I got married in 2007, became USC in 08/2009.

Look how long I was away from my life

That is a very long wait! Glad it's moving along so fast! I guess I don't even know how your process works when you become a USC. I'm a little confused!

Finn do not let this steal your joy my dear (F) i have not gotten a touch since 09/02/09 but i still remain positive, this is a life changing experience we are reuniting with our loved ones and that in it self is very emotional, but we cannot let negative thoughts take over, trust me sometimes i wonder how they bypass all these people there are people who have been waiting since MARCH :unsure: so cheer up my dear and remeber you are an August filer and i saw a september filer approved today which means they have your file there somewhere (hopefully our adjudicator did not pull our file and leave it at their desk while they go on vacation :rofl: ) :whistle: ok maybe that wasn't funny but anyways CHEER UP FINN..and you too MARK!t4624.gif

Will do Ms. Sheka! I've been waiting for my hubby for almost 22 years now! :)

Ok Finn i'm here if you ever need to talk PM me :thumbs:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Thanks Ms. Sheka! You're so sweet! And I really didn't wait literally for 22 years. We weren't together then-I mean, I waited but didn't know it!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF U HAVE BEEN APROVED TODAY!! WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT NOW!! WAITING FOR A NVC CASE NUMBER!!

GOOD LUCK TO THE AUGUSTERS! IM SURE TOMORROW MANY APROVALS TOO!!!

GOOO GOOO AUGUSTERS!! GOOO GOOO!! KEEP FAITH!!

CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS!

:dance::dance::yes::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01-18-2012 : Sent I-751 Package

01-22-2012 : Delivered California Service Center

01-24-2012 : Check cashed! Yayyy

01-30-2012 : Received ASC letter... Dated 01-27

02-08-2012 : Got Extension Stamp (Passport) Expires 02-07-2013

02-24-2012 : Biometrics Appt.

06-13-2012 : Got my 10 years greencard. Yeah baby!!!

NATURALIZATION

01-15-2013 : Eligible to file

07-05-2013 : Sent package to Phoenix Lockbox

07-11-2013 : Check cashed

07-15-2013 : NOA

07-30-2013 : Biometrics done

08-09-2013 : Interview letter

09-10-2013 : Interview!! PASSED!

11-22-2013 : Oath Ceremony - I AM A CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

xmzGm6.png6r3Fm6.pngan1cOKikw2B0010MjAwMzNsfDU4MDM4NjQ1amF8U

Timeline

My wonderful hubby has to keep reminding me, "Hon, remember it's only been a month! RELAX!" I'm heeding his advice. No matter what happens tomorrow here on VJ, I'll remain positive!!!!

Our timeline:

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline
My wonderful hubby has to keep reminding me, "Hon, remember it's only been a month! RELAX!" I'm heeding his advice. No matter what happens tomorrow here on VJ, I'll remain positive!!!!

thats a good man Finn :thumbs:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

FinnLove: I DO NOT WHY YOU ARE SO NEGTIVE ON OTHER PEOPLE'S APPROVAL. I got approved as well as some other people got approved in less then 3 weeks. Dont be frustrated on our approval and your failure.

I post my info here so other people can get benefit from it but people like you get frustrated on other people sucess.

I wish everyone get their NOA2 ASAP but people who cry on other people's sucess should wait and keep crying.

Edited by confused1

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

Total time I-130 to visa: 3 months 10 days.

USCIS: 22 Days

NVC : 33 Days

08-30-2009: I-130 Sent

09-22-2009: I-130 Approved

10-02-2009: NVC Received

10-05-2009: Received DS-3032/ I-864

10-06-2009: Return DS-3032

10-16-2009: Receive IV Bill

10-16-2009: Pay IV Bill

10-19-2009: Sent DS-230

11-02-2009: Login Failed

11-03-2009: RFE (Missing PPC, Now need it at interview)

11-05-2009: Case Complete

12-10-2009: Interview, VISA APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

FinnLove: I DO NOT WHY YOU ARE SO NEGTIVE ON OTHER PEOPLE'S APPROVAL. I got approved as well as some other people got approved in less then 3 weeks. Dont be frustrated on our approval and your failure.

I post my info here so other people can get benefit from it but people like you get frustrated on other people sucess.

I wish everyone get their NOA2 ASAP but people who cry on other people's sucess should wait and keep crying.

Confused: She's not negative on other people's approval. It's just the the "blood in the water" thing I was talking about. You know better than most of us what it is like to pass the months without your spouse. While we might not have your wisdom (having spent so much time away from your sweetie), to us our months seem equally as eternal. I think Finn was just like me: I was totally cool until the approvals started getting close and then passing me. Now, I just can't help feeling left behind somehow. Trust me, I realize that it is only my personal feelings, but I bet loads of folks are feeling it. I talk to Finn a lot, and I am certain she is totally and sincerely happy for you. And all of y'all she keep posting the good news, don't let us put the brakes on that... we'll get over it.

Now, I do think your wishing us ill by saying "people who cry on other people's sucess [sic] should wait and keep crying" was a little mean-spirited, but I am probably misreading what your intention was with the statement.

Okay, I have said my peace and I hope Finn doesn't mind me standing up for her. I apologize for any hard feelings I inspired by voicing my feelings. I thought I could vent my frustrations with my fellow August buddies, but I should probably just follow MsSheka's advice and be positive. Sorry again, folks, I guess I will just wallow on my own; although it is a shame that I can't cry on your collective shoulders.

Here's to wishing us all a speedy approval and a quick trip through the NVC.

Mark

Edited by mlybrand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Confused: She's not negative on other people's approval. It's just the the "blood in the water" thing I was talking about. You know better than most of us what it is like to pass the months without your spouse. While we might not have your wisdom (having spent so much time away from your sweetie), to us our months seem equally as eternal. I think Finn was just like me: I was totally cool until the approvals started getting close and then passing me. Now, I just can't help feeling left behind somehow. Trust me, I realize that it is only my personal feelings, but I bet loads of folks are feeling it. I talk to Finn a lot, and I am certain she is totally and sincerely happy for you. And all of y'all she keep posting the good news, don't let us put the brakes on that... we'll get over it.

Now, I do think your wishing us ill by saying "people who cry on other people's sucess [sic] should wait and keep crying" was a little mean-spirited, but I am probably misreading what your intention was with the statement.

Okay, I have said my peace and I hope Finn doesn't mind me standing up for her. I apologize for any hard feelings I inspired by voicing my feelings. I thought I could vent my frustrations with my fellow August buddies, but I should probably just follow MsSheka's advice and be positive. Sorry again, folks, I guess I will just wallow on my own; although it is a shame that I can't cry on your collective shoulders.

Mark

I am sorry if I am being mean. I was so happy and thought share my happiness with fellow VJ member since we are on same boat and waited long. Instead of being happy on fellow members sucess some people just look at their own. I know how hard is it wait for your loveones. I hope and pray we are together with our families asap.

Wishing Everybody a quick approval

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

Total time I-130 to visa: 3 months 10 days.

USCIS: 22 Days

NVC : 33 Days

08-30-2009: I-130 Sent

09-22-2009: I-130 Approved

10-02-2009: NVC Received

10-05-2009: Received DS-3032/ I-864

10-06-2009: Return DS-3032

10-16-2009: Receive IV Bill

10-16-2009: Pay IV Bill

10-19-2009: Sent DS-230

11-02-2009: Login Failed

11-03-2009: RFE (Missing PPC, Now need it at interview)

11-05-2009: Case Complete

12-10-2009: Interview, VISA APPROVED

Timeline

confused1 i do not allow bashing on my thread, this process is very hard and very emotional for everyone some people handle it better than others and thats why i stay positive so that my positive energy will rub off on my fellow filers please do not post any negative comments on this thread all my fellow August filers know that i won't have it this is not the place to point fingers i really appreciate you sharing but lets keep it on a positive note....Finn please do not respond to her comment...i am sure if you were in the shoes of these filers who have been waiting for months such as a MARCH filer you would not be so quick to disagree with Finn's comment so let's be considerate of other people's feeling and not bash someone for expressing their thoughts and feelings. :thumbs:

PS. remember USCIS is only the begining of one's journey anything can happen and we all will need help, we all need to stay positive so that we can get the info we need and learn from other people's experiences (we all have the same goal right now to be with our loved ones).THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION!t31161.gift31161.gift31161.gif

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Mark

well said Mark :thumbs::yes:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
I am sorry if I am being mean. I was so happy and thought share my happiness with fellow VJ member since we are on same boat and waited long. Instead of being happy on fellow members sucess some people just look at their own. I know how hard is it wait for your loveones. I hope and pray we are together with our families asap.

No worries, man. You have every right to be happy and thank you for sharing your happiness with us. Don't hold our frustrations against us, though. Just remember we are suffering the same stress, and you know as well as I do that it is kind of hard to not focus on our own situations (aren't we all obsessively checking the forums, Igor's list, the USCIS site???) I really don't think anyone means anything personal by it (and I would be having a different discussion if I thought those kinds of opinions were being voiced publicly as that definitely crosses the line).

I think we have probably talked about this enough, though, so let's get back to positive stuff. Feel free to PM me if you have any unfinished business (unless the August group wants to continue the discussion in this vein).

I am now invoking the awesome positive energy of our very own MsSheka :)

Mark

Timeline
lol-047.gif@ my racing smiley

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

No worries, man. You have every right to be happy and thank you for sharing your happiness with us. Don't hold our frustrations against us, though. Just remember we are suffering the same stress, and you know as well as I do that it is kind of hard to not focus on our own situations (aren't we all obsessively checking the forums, Igor's list, the USCIS site???) I really don't think anyone means anything personal by it (and I would be having a different discussion if I thought those kinds of opinions were being voiced publicly as that definitely crosses the line).

I think we have probably talked about this enough, though, so let's get back to positive stuff. Feel free to PM me if you have any unfinished business (unless the August group wants to continue the discussion in this vein).

I am now invoking the awesome positive energy of our very own MsSheka :)

Mark

feel the love and the energybanana_smiley_32.gifbanana_smiley_32.gifbanana_smiley_32.gifbanana_smiley_32.gifbanana_smiley_32.gif

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.