MsSheka

AUGUST I-130 PETITIONS!!

1,447 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
From what I have seen (Finn's experience and other people's timelines) it looks about 5 to 7 days for the checks to clear normally. I will also call back on Monday to see if I have better luck on Customer Service Representative selection.

Mark :)

My check cleared in three days from the day they opened up my fedex box. Mine was delivered late on a Friday night so they opened it on Monday (I know that because that's when they sent my photobook back!).

Mine took 7 looong days :blush:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

I love my August club members we are so excited and positivejumping0041.gif

anim_27.gif

Edited by MsSheka

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
Do you think she will be able to get a Police Record check in Spain without a Spanish resident card??? I'm worried about it!!!

Chance

I don't know how it works in Spain. Is she there illegally??

Mark

When she moved to Spain, 4 years ago, all you needed was a valid passport. Since living there, they changed their laws, saying that you now must obtain a Resident Card. The process to obtain a Resident Card is approximately 2 years...... So technically she is living in Spain illegally! Does anyone have any suggestions on how she can obtain a Spanish Police Certificate????????

Any help in this matter would greatly be appreciated..

Chance

Timeline
Do you think she will be able to get a Police Record check in Spain without a Spanish resident card??? I'm worried about it!!!

Chance

Mark

When she moved to Spain, 4 years ago, all you needed was a valid passport. Since living there, they changed their laws, saying that you now must obtain a Resident Card. The process to obtain a Resident Card is approximately 2 years...... So technically she is living in Spain illegally! Does anyone have any suggestions on how she can obtain a Spanish Police Certificate????????

Chance

have you tried the the link i posted earlier?

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Chance

Mark

Chance

IMMIGRANT VISAS

Spanish Police Certificate (Certificado de Antecedentes Penales)

In order to obtain a Spanish police certificate:

if you are a Spanish national, and you are currently living in Spain, you apply in person or by mail at the

Ministry of Justice

San Bernardo 45,

28071 Madrid

More information on how to obtain Spanish Police Certificate.

Spanish Police Certificates can also be obtained at Spanish regional offices that are part of Ministry of Justice.

if you are a Spanish national, and you are currently living outside of Spain, you should apply through the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in the country where you are currently living

if you are not a Spanish national, and you are currently living legally in Spain you apply at the

Ministry of Justice

San Bernardo, 45

28071 Madrid

if you are not a Spanish national, and you are living illegally in Spain, you cannot obtain a police certificate.

if you are not a Spanish national, but you formerly lived legally in Spain, you should contact the embassy or consulate of your nationality in Spain. (ex. Italians contact the Italian Embassy in Madrid). If Spain does not have a reciprocal agreement with this country, a police certificate is not available (there is currently no list of countries having reciprocal agreements with Spain which is published and available). Applicants must check with each individual embassy or consulate regarding their country's reciprocal agreement status.

if you are not a Spanish national, and you formerly lived illegally in Spain and you are currently living outside of Spain, you will not be able to obtain a police certificate.

http://madrid.usembassy.gov/cons/immigrenspanishpolice.html

Edited by MsSheka

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Chance

Mark

Chance

IMMIGRANT VISAS

if you are a Spanish national, and you are currently living in Spain, you apply in person or by mail at the

Ministry of Justice

San Bernardo 45,

28071 Madrid

Spanish Police Certificates can also be obtained at Spanish regional offices that are part of Ministry of Justice.

if you are a Spanish national, and you are currently living outside of Spain, you should apply through the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in the country where you are currently living

if you are not a Spanish national, and you are currently living legally in Spain you apply at the

Ministry of Justice

San Bernardo, 45

28071 Madrid

if you are not a Spanish national, and you are living illegally in Spain, you cannot obtain a police certificate.

if you are not a Spanish national, but you formerly lived legally in Spain, you should contact the embassy or consulate of your nationality in Spain. (ex. Italians contact the Italian Embassy in Madrid). If Spain does not have a reciprocal agreement with this country, a police certificate is not available (there is currently no list of countries having reciprocal agreements with Spain which is published and available). Applicants must check with each individual embassy or consulate regarding their country's reciprocal agreement status.

if you are not a Spanish national, and you formerly lived illegally in Spain and you are currently living outside of Spain, you will not be able to obtain a police certificate.

Yes I did, and it said, "if you are not a Spanish national, and you are living illegally in Spain, you cannot obtain a police certificate". This is the problem I am worried about! Any other suggestions?? In order to be a resident, you have to obtain a Resident Card.. The process takes 2 years, and that is if you are approved...... This whole process is totally stressing me OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Wow, can't help you with that one. Not to sound like a downer, but I would think living in another country illegally would come back to bite you in the butt when you try to get a green card. Can she apply for a Resident Card now?

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline

Chance

Mark

Chance

IMMIGRANT VISAS

Ministry of Justice

San Bernardo 45,

28071 Madrid

Ministry of Justice

San Bernardo, 45

28071 Madrid

Yes I did, and it said, "if you are not a Spanish national, and you are living illegally in Spain, you cannot obtain a police certificate". This is the problem I am worried about! Any other suggestions?? In order to be a resident, you have to obtain a Resident Card.. The process takes 2 years, and that is if you are approved...... This whole process is totally stressing me OUT!!!!!!!!!!

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Here's a cool link on how to get police certificates from all the countries. It's from Canada, but same thing!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline

Chance

Mark

Chance

IMMIGRANT VISAS

Ministry of Justice

San Bernardo 45,

28071 Madrid

Ministry of Justice

San Bernardo, 45

28071 Madrid

I would recommend you contact an attorney to see if there is any way she can obtain a resident card faster

Non-Spanish Citizens Living Illegally in Spain: Police certificates are unavailable for non-Spanish citizens living illegally in Spain. There are no alternatives available for visa applicants needing Spanish Police Certificates who live illegally in Spain.

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Don't forget me! I'm an August Filer! Sent I-130 on Aug 5, received Aug 7, NOA1 dated August 12, received Aug 17. and was only touched once on August 13. :crying:

I hate waiting.... :whistle::dance: trying to keep busy....

Hubby's been visiting for a bit so that helps. :thumbs:

redmen99 welcome to the august club :thumbs::dance: I see you too are waiting for NOA2 :thumbs:

Thank you MsSheka! I'm so excited but stressed at the same time. We have a great group here!

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Timeline
Don't forget me! I'm an August Filer! Sent I-130 on Aug 5, received Aug 7, NOA1 dated August 12, received Aug 17. and was only touched once on August 13. :crying:

I hate waiting.... :whistle::dance: trying to keep busy....

Hubby's been visiting for a bit so that helps. :thumbs:

redmen99 welcome to the august club :thumbs::dance: I see you too are waiting for NOA2 :thumbs:

Thank you MsSheka! I'm so excited but stressed at the same time. We have a great group here!

redmen99 yes we do, i am excited and stressed too :blush:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
Wow, can't help you with that one. Not to sound like a downer, but I would think living in another country illegally would come back to bite you in the butt when you try to get a green card. Can she apply for a Resident Card now?

Finn I second that :thumbs: because the laws of this world changes so often that you never know what's going to be the outcome :unsure:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Finn I second that :thumbs: because the laws of this world changes so often that you never know what's going to be the outcome :unsure:

She can apply for her Resident Card, but it can take longer than 2 years..... I really do not want to wait 2 whole years!!!!!! THIS WHOLE PROCESS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never in a million years I would have thought that it would be this difficult to get MY WIFE here in this country. Sorry to sound negative, but this whole experience has not been fun!!!!

Chance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.