UN-KNOWN

NVC WANTS LETTER FROM POLICE

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I can't speak for any other countries documents, but Canadian police reports don't have an expiry date on them. They only have the date they were produced.

How long ago did you get the police report done? Generally they are good for a year for U.S. immigration purposes.

Thanks guys and my PCC do have issuing date on that and it was issued on 8th JULY 2009 and i spoke with a couple here who filed DCF they said US EMBASSY accepts that Police certificate and all Embassies accepts that same PCC with no Expire date.And one more thing in Saudi Arabia if u need PCC then you will have to visit US EMBASSY RIYADH and meet the Visa Officers in immigrant section to get the letter of request for Police certificate then they will Stamp the letter and wet signature on that then you will have to go MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS for attestfication and so and so on . after long process you will get the Police certificate from Saudi Police.

Thanks guys !

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i did read that link and now that what we gonna do tomorrow we will write a letter to NVC and explain that Saudi Police refused to give the letter of reason why they dont put dates on Police certificate but we will obtain another fresh PCC at the time of Interview and will show that at US EMBASSY RIYADH . hope that might be helpful and they will accept our request.

Thank you all especially kaushali .

I can understand how you feel right now, because I know it's not that easy obtaining those kinds of documents in Saudi Arabia.

They need a valid reasons why you need these documents and the hardest part is that,they can't communicate with you properly if you talk with them in english. The hardest part is how you are going to explain this to the NVC that Saudi Police don't just give these documents as easy as it seems.

I hope everything will be alright. I can't tell you to relax because I know how it feels.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Per my experience and research of past 3 yrs....police certification does have an expiration date some expires w/in 3 mons othera 6mons. It might be country specific. i.e pakistanis are required to have a PCC w/expiration date.

My fiance's Admin processing took 16 months. we submitted his pcc b4 interview, after the completion of AP (16mons after) he was requested to re-submit his PCC.

If you read Islambad's forum u will come to find out that most of the PCC expires from 3-6mons, and the applicant is required to re-submit the PCC. This might be only for Pakistani citizen since Pak is on top of T-26 nations.

Calm down, immigration is not an easy process, it requires extreme levels of patience and tolerance. American citizens are given a special privilege, there is a long wait, thousands and thousand applying everyday, this is a v v complicated and stressful process. Anger will only hurt yourself.

Good lucks and try to abide by the rules and stay calm.

So as to my country, there is no expiration date but at the botom part you will see the note, "This certificate expires 6 months from the date of issue." If some people submitted a PCC without an expiration date,how come they are looking it from you? Do you think it's because it depends to the officers handling your papers?

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Per my experience and research of past 3 yrs....police certification does have an expiration date some expires w/in 3 mons othera 6mons. It might be country specific. i.e pakistanis are required to have a PCC w/expiration date.

My fiance's Admin processing took 16 months. we submitted his pcc b4 interview, after the completion of AP (16mons after) he was requested to re-submit his PCC.

If you read Islambad's forum u will come to find out that most of the PCC expires from 3-6mons, and the applicant is required to re-submit the PCC. This might be only for Pakistani citizen since Pak is on top of T-26 nations.

Calm down, immigration is not an easy process, it requires extreme levels of patience and tolerance. American citizens are given a special privilege, there is a long wait, thousands and thousand applying everyday, this is a v v complicated and stressful process. Anger will only hurt yourself.

Good lucks and try to abide by the rules and stay calm.

So as to my country, there is no expiration date but at the botom part you will see the note, "This certificate expires 6 months from the date of issue." If some people submitted a PCC without an expiration date,how come they are looking it from you? Do you think it's because it depends to the officers handling your papers?

Yes we are sure that's because of some Officer .Yes you are right its way hard to get any document from Saudi Government and its huge problem that they dont speak English and they treat foreigners as they are there servants.

thats weird but all u can do is to abide with the NVC.. sigh

CITIZENSHIP 06-19-2013 Sent N400 Application (Chicago Lockbox)

06-21-2013 USCIS received my N400 application

06-25-2013 USCIS mailed the NOA1

06-28-2013 USCIS mailed the Biometrics appt

07-01-2013 Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt letter

​07-15-2013 Biometrics Appt.

08-27-2013 Interview/Test passed

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

02-20-2014 mailed I-130 for my parents

02-24-2014 USCIS received the I-130 docs

03-17-2014 USCIS approved the petition (took 15 days, weekdays only)

03-25-2014 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC

04-02-2014 NVC received the papers (6 days from the approval date)

05-01-2014 Got the 2 case numbers. (21 days)

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

05-09-2014 AOS status "PAID" (2 days from the date the was paid)

05-22-2014 AOS docs delivered in NVC

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

06-28-2014 Mailed the corrected forms to NVC

06-30-2014 NVC received the AOS corrected forms

07-01-2014 Received IV Bill Invoice, paid.

07-02-2014 PAID status of the mother

07-07-2014 PAID status of the father

07-08-2014 Mailed the supporting docs

07-10-2014 Supporting docs arrived at NVC

07-11-2014 Submitted DS260 of mother

07-13-2014 Submitted DS260 of father

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

09-15-2014 Status "In Transit" inCEAC

09-16-2014 Status "Ready" CEAC

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

10-10-2014 Mom mailed the NBI Clearance of my dad

10-14-2014 NBI clearance delivered in USEM

10-06-2014 Visa Issued CEAC

10-09-2014 Got an email that my dad's visa was issued

10-14-2014 Visa delivered 11-29-2014 POE

12-08-2014 SS Card arrived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Why emigrate to saudia arabia then if they treat foreigners like servants? just a stepping stone to get to the united states? just follow the instructions and the next time you blow up just think that the US government doesnt owe you anything.

4-18-09: Married in Italy

7-9-09: Mailed I-130 to US embassy Rome

7-10-09: I-130 recieved

7-20-09: I-130 approved forwarded to consul in Naples

7-30-09: Packet 3 received via e-mail

7-31-09: DS-230 Part 1 faxed to consulate

7-31-09: Packet 4 received via e-mail

8-7-09: Called Naples consulate to schedule interview

9-1-09: Interview (50 days since I-130 received)- APPROVED!!!

thanks VJ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Why emigrate to saudia arabia then if they treat foreigners like servants? just a stepping stone to get to the united states? just follow the instructions and the next time you blow up just think that the US government doesnt owe you anything.

whoa now, that post was just unnecessary.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with Malrothien, these type of comments are totally unnecessary. Individuals have many reasons to be living and working in countries other than their countries of origin that have nothing to do with US immigration, and the OPs motivation is not open to speculation. It is a requirement of US immigration that individuals present police certificates from the countries in which they have lived and worked for more than 6 months since the age of 16, otherwise the OP would not be experiencing this particular situation. So, if you have nothing useful to add to the discussion then do not say anything rather than making comments like this.

Good luck to the OP on your interview and I hope that the Consulate is satisfied with the documentation that you have.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
I agree with Malrothien, these type of comments are totally unnecessary. Individuals have many reasons to be living and working in countries other than their countries of origin that have nothing to do with US immigration, and the OPs motivation is not open to speculation. It is a requirement of US immigration that individuals present police certificates from the countries in which they have lived and worked for more than 6 months since the age of 16, otherwise the OP would not be experiencing this particular situation. So, if you have nothing useful to add to the discussion then do not say anything rather than making comments like this.

Good luck to the OP on your interview and I hope that the Consulate is satisfied with the documentation that you have.

Affirmative.. will refrain from the opinion pieces next time.

4-18-09: Married in Italy

7-9-09: Mailed I-130 to US embassy Rome

7-10-09: I-130 recieved

7-20-09: I-130 approved forwarded to consul in Naples

7-30-09: Packet 3 received via e-mail

7-31-09: DS-230 Part 1 faxed to consulate

7-31-09: Packet 4 received via e-mail

8-7-09: Called Naples consulate to schedule interview

9-1-09: Interview (50 days since I-130 received)- APPROVED!!!

thanks VJ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

wow..... :unsure:

"All we really need to survive is the one person who truly loves us."

Thanks Kathryn41 for replying with proper answer.And People should just answer or post suggestions of those questions what asked not their own views ... IE ... as Italy to USA blow some of his lava.

Thanks .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your troubles

maybe I don't even understand them exactly, is complex or non sense I don't know

maybe of help to you the reciprocity agreements from the NVC / department of site site

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in...195.html#police

sometimes it helps to just use their words

Police Records

Police clearances are available for Saudi citizens and resident third country nationals. Saudi citizens currently residing overseas must return in person to process the police clearance.

Saudi citizens and third country nationals residing in the Kingdom process the police clearances by first obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran. This police clearance request letter, signed by a consular officer, must be attested by the Saudi Ministry of Affairs (current fee is SR30). The applicant must then appear personally with a passport-sized photograph and a national ID or residency permit at the regional Criminal Investigation Department for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting for women is done in a separate room. The police clearance should be available for collection after a week or two.

Police clearances are available for Saudi nationals residing outside of the Kingdom. The expatriate Saudi citizen obtains the police clearance by returning to the Kingdom and obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran. This police clearance request letter, signed by a consular officer, must be attested by the Saudi Ministry of Affairs (current fee is SR30). The applicant must then appear personally with the attested police clearance request letter, a passport-sized photograph and a national ID at the Regional Criminal Investigation Department for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting for women is done in a separate room. The police clearance should be available for collection after a week or two.

Police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the Kingdom.

The optimal time to conduct these procedures at the police stations is 10:00 Saturdays-Wednesdays.

also ryhad embassy

http://riyadh.usembassy.gov/

Police Certificates: A Saudi police certificate is required for all applicants over 16 years of age.

http://riyadh.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/police.html

Obtaining a Police Clearance in Saudi Arabia

One of the documents you must obtain prior to being scheduled for an immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Embassy Riyadh is a Saudi police clearance. The Saudi authorities will require that you present a letter from the Embassy requesting the police clearance.

In order to obtain the letter from the Embassy, you must have the following:

1. An immigrant visa case pending;

2. Proof of residence in Saudi Arabia or a valid Iqama; and

3. A letter from the National Visa Center requesting a police clearance.

You should submit your request to the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh any day, Saturday through Tuesday, from 1:30pm to 3:30pm.

Residents of the Western Province may obtain the letter from the U.S. Consulate General in Dhahran. Residents or Tabuk, Al Madinah, Makkah, Jizan, Al Baha, Asir and Najran may obtain the letter from the U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah.

says "prior to interview" and does not say how much before

also seems to be no official packet known to NVC for Ryhad

probably does not help

if I compare with the detailed intructions of Paris Embassy

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...L-0001-0809.pdf

again, not provided by Ryhad on the department of state

it says that PCC must have been issued no more than a year before interview

??? did you try having a statement from Ryhad embassy

as about the exact requirement

Courage!!!!

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Sorry to hear about your troubles

maybe I don't even understand them exactly, is complex or non sense I don't know

maybe of help to you the reciprocity agreements from the NVC / department of site site

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in...195.html#police

sometimes it helps to just use their words

Police Records

Police clearances are available for Saudi citizens and resident third country nationals. Saudi citizens currently residing overseas must return in person to process the police clearance.

Saudi citizens and third country nationals residing in the Kingdom process the police clearances by first obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran. This police clearance request letter, signed by a consular officer, must be attested by the Saudi Ministry of Affairs (current fee is SR30). The applicant must then appear personally with a passport-sized photograph and a national ID or residency permit at the regional Criminal Investigation Department for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting for women is done in a separate room. The police clearance should be available for collection after a week or two.

Police clearances are available for Saudi nationals residing outside of the Kingdom. The expatriate Saudi citizen obtains the police clearance by returning to the Kingdom and obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran. This police clearance request letter, signed by a consular officer, must be attested by the Saudi Ministry of Affairs (current fee is SR30). The applicant must then appear personally with the attested police clearance request letter, a passport-sized photograph and a national ID at the Regional Criminal Investigation Department for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting for women is done in a separate room. The police clearance should be available for collection after a week or two.

Police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the Kingdom.

The optimal time to conduct these procedures at the police stations is 10:00 Saturdays-Wednesdays.

also ryhad embassy

http://riyadh.usembassy.gov/

Police Certificates: A Saudi police certificate is required for all applicants over 16 years of age.

http://riyadh.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/police.html

Obtaining a Police Clearance in Saudi Arabia

One of the documents you must obtain prior to being scheduled for an immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Embassy Riyadh is a Saudi police clearance. The Saudi authorities will require that you present a letter from the Embassy requesting the police clearance.

In order to obtain the letter from the Embassy, you must have the following:

1. An immigrant visa case pending;

2. Proof of residence in Saudi Arabia or a valid Iqama; and

3. A letter from the National Visa Center requesting a police clearance.

You should submit your request to the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh any day, Saturday through Tuesday, from 1:30pm to 3:30pm.

Residents of the Western Province may obtain the letter from the U.S. Consulate General in Dhahran. Residents or Tabuk, Al Madinah, Makkah, Jizan, Al Baha, Asir and Najran may obtain the letter from the U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah.

says "prior to interview" and does not say how much before

also seems to be no official packet known to NVC for Ryhad

probably does not help

if I compare with the detailed intructions of Paris Embassy

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...L-0001-0809.pdf

again, not provided by Ryhad on the department of state

it says that PCC must have been issued no more than a year before interview

??? did you try having a statement from Ryhad embassy

as about the exact requirement

Courage!!!!

Thanks my friend and yes i went to AMERICAN EMBASSY this 6th July 2009 and obtained the letter to get Police clearance and i also took my Saudi resident card to US EMBASSY and showed then they signed the letter then Visa officer told me go to ATTESTIFICATION DEPARTMENT TO CERFIED this letter after that i took the letter to ATTESTIFICATION DEPARTMENT they certified that letter.Then i went to Police department they picked the letter and took one photograph of me and then took my finger prints with old fashioned style then they gave me recipt to pick the Police clearence after a week or 2 . After i recived my Police clearence was saying following words :

ISSUEING DATE : JULY 8TH 2008

JUDGMENT DESCRIPTION : NO CONVICTION

Requested by : US EMBASSY RIYADH

PURPOSE OF PCC : VISA

SIGNED BY : DIRECTOR OF RIYADH POLICE

SIGHNED BY: COLONEL

SINGED BY : INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT

then i asked Police captan of police after NVC asked the letter about no expire date . Captan said we will never issue any kind of letter to you and we gives this same police certificate to every one who comes from any EMBASSY .So in end i had no option so i wrote a letter to NVC about our situation that all we can do is will submit new PCC at the time of our interview now we are praying that they will complete our case and give us date .

Thanks you .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

welcome

hope it goes through well already

would be good nvc looks a ryhad instructions

you followed them exactly so you should be good

if still in trouble

suggest you get a statement from embassy saying that your pcc is the expected one

good luck

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

welcome

hope it goes through well already

would be good nvc looks a ryhad instructions

you followed them exactly so you should be good

if still in trouble

suggest you get a statement from embassy saying that your pcc is the expected one

good luck

We have sent a letter to NVC and waiting what they says now well Hopefully this week we will hear some good news ... we are waiting for a long time .

Thanks .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.