bowflex

Lol Proof that Karma does Indeed Exist

25 posts in this topic

That sounds awful bowflex! Thats ridiculous they didn't total it!

Please take care of yourself, you may not feel the injury now, but I am suspecting you might have some whiplash. I was in a car accident sort of like that as well, if I didn't have my seatbelt on I would have been toast, the car was an 84 and did not have airbags, the seatbelt saved my life. I had a huge gash on my neck from where the seatbelt held me back from going through the windshield. I was in physio and had SGI paying for massage therapy as well.

That poor 84 citation....it ran so well, totalled it of course, I am sure it still would have been running to this day. *sigh* they just don't make GM vechiles to last like that anymore.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would get a second opinon. I would have the frame inspected. If it was bent in anyway I would demand the car be total out.

My mom messed up her car hit the gas and not the brake or it silp off and hit the side of the doctors building and on a gas main also. She did not go that fast and the hood crumble but the frame was bent so it was total.

Yogi

LOL I seriously laughed at the poor driving test kid, that really had to suck haha.

I got a call from insurance today and they sent another inspector out and BOOYEAH, my car is considered a total loss :) I didn't get the exact number yet but the damage was estimated at $18,500. The frame was cracked in three different places, the axle was cracked in the back and got dangerous close to puncturing the gas tank, and the engine was actually all jacked up from hitting the guy in front of me after he blew me up from the back. Poor guy's insurance is going to sky-rocket but in the next few weeks I get another new car :) I guess I can look at it as I'm getting a few more weeks of the awesome new car smell hehe :)

Thanks everyone for your concern, I'm seriously convinced if I didn't workout and stretch so hard everyday that I'd be much worse off. Luckily my neck is already back to normal and I've been able to workout every night since so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :dance:

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

LOL I seriously laughed at the poor driving test kid, that really had to suck haha.

I got a call from insurance today and they sent another inspector out and BOOYEAH, my car is considered a total loss :) I didn't get the exact number yet but the damage was estimated at $18,500. The frame was cracked in three different places, the axle was cracked in the back and got dangerous close to puncturing the gas tank, and the engine was actually all jacked up from hitting the guy in front of me after he blew me up from the back. Poor guy's insurance is going to sky-rocket but in the next few weeks I get another new car :) I guess I can look at it as I'm getting a few more weeks of the awesome new car smell hehe :)

Thanks everyone for your concern, I'm seriously convinced if I didn't workout and stretch so hard everyday that I'd be much worse off. Luckily my neck is already back to normal and I've been able to workout every night since so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :dance:

Thank goodness they totalled it!! Woo hoo!! Another new car!!

I am suprised at how fast that person was going when they hit you....and you are feeling okay? Wow! You got lucky!! Take care of yourself!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Glad to hear you are ok...and the car is a write off :) better for you! Did your agent offer the new car endorsement when you insured it? This way, the entire amount gets comp'd and if you have it financed, it gets wiped clean. Those darn cars depreciate the second you drive off the lot!

Here's to hoping it doesn't cost you a cent! Keep us posted, i'm curious to see how US insurers settle out :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Timeline
My funniest car accident story (not that yours is funny) took place in the parking lot of the Motor Vehicle Bureau in Halifax where they test people for their driver's license. I was sitting in my instructor's car waiting for my tester. A teenage boy was ahead of me for the test. He got in the car with the tester and proceeded to plow into an unoccupied parked car when he backed out of his parking spot. And he kept on going until both cars were demolished. The poor guy never got it out of reverse. Needless to say, he flunked. The good news was nobody got hurt and I was laughing so hard (I know, not nice but it looked like something out of a movie), it took all the tension away for my test. I often wonder how long it took that kid to try the test again.

OMG, that reminds me of my next door neighbour from when I was a kid. She went for her driving test and the next day I asked her if she'd passed. She said no. Apparently she hit a pedestrian. :o I was like "OMG, in the crosswalk?" She said "No. On the sidewalk." :o :o :o:lol:

Please take care of yourself, you may not feel the injury now, but I am suspecting you might have some whiplash. I was in a car accident sort of like that as well, if I didn't have my seatbelt on I would have been toast, the car was an 84 and did not have airbags, the seatbelt saved my life. I had a huge gash on my neck from where the seatbelt held me back from going through the windshield. I was in physio and had SGI paying for massage therapy as well.

Ugh. Same. I was hit from behind in Buffalo. Same scenario..... the guy didn't notice I had stopped at the light so he plowed into me at full speed. His insurance company couldn't get me to sign the cheque/check fast enough. Now I know why. After a few days my sore/tight neck turned into a full-on chronic medical problem. It cost me many missed days of work, extreme pain, lots of $$$, and an ongoing problem which will never be cured. I learned from that mistake.

Wow. That is awesome, Bowflex! And no injuries to boot! Double awesome!!!

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes hopefully you purchased replacement insurance ,as otherwise the car is worth less the second you drive it off the lot! And that option is very cheap!! I think i only had to pay an extra $50 (if that) for that option. My parents just bought a new venza and purchased the full replacement option and was only an extra $25! Well worth it.

I know when my Integra was in that accident I had to fight the insurance company to write it off! like you, they first said, $8000, next day it was $10,000, then $15000.00 and I said it was just crazy and it should be a write off, which they finally did, but took a week or so.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Yes hopefully you purchased replacement insurance ,as otherwise the car is worth less the second you drive it off the lot! And that option is very cheap!! I think i only had to pay an extra $50 (if that) for that option. My parents just bought a new venza and purchased the full replacement option and was only an extra $25! Well worth it.

I know when my Integra was in that accident I had to fight the insurance company to write it off! like you, they first said, $8000, next day it was $10,000, then $15000.00 and I said it was just crazy and it should be a write off, which they finally did, but took a week or so.

The replacement cost endorsement is great. Many agents add it automatically...obviously they tell you...but a good agent will ensure you are aware of it. In Canada it's good for 24 months, here I think mine is actually 36 months, and my agent allowed me to add it, as my car is less than a year old. In Canada, they only allow you to add it right when you purchase. I amazed that I was able to get that plus full cover without a vehicle inspection. How do they know that your car is not all banged up when they insure you? So different from Canada, they won't bond that coverage until you do an inspection.

A lot of insurance companies these days are hesitant to write a vehicle off, especially with the value of vehicles these days. Sometimes you can get them to do a 'constructive total loss'. All they really need is a salvager to buy to wreckage for a value to cover the gap, so the insurance company is not out anything. So if your damages are $10,000, but the car is worth $18,000, they need to have a bid from a savage company for at least $8,000. This allows them to deem it a constructive total loss, and they break even. Problem is, in this market, salvaging companies are reluctant to put out higher values on wreckage, as they may not see that money back after they have repaired it and placed it back on the market. With all the incentives the car manufacturers are offering these days to restimulate their industry, it is cheaper to buy brand new, rather than used without a warranty or at auction.

Good luck, hopefully you get a quick replacement!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Think my dad said it was for 3 yrs in Sask, but I could be wrong!! But def something one should have on a new car. They are never the same after even a minor accident.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes that is call GAP insurance. It is worth it. cause you dont want to be paying on a dead horse so to speak.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.