pandya

Green Card Expired and have not filed I-751

25 posts in this topic

Yes, file it immediately enclosing a letter under the cover letter explaining the uscis examiner the reason you are filing late for example health conditions, financial situation, etc. You are still fine but act fast cause I read about a similar situation here. The guy received his failure to file I-751 letter from USCIS after 7-8 months so ACT quickly and I beleive you will be fine. If it is hard for you to do it better hire a good lawyer to do the letter and the whole package for you. I am not advertising anything now but that's how I picked mine for the AOS www.superlawyer.com this magazine chooses the best really lawyers not stupid notarios ot immigration consultants that probably know less than you do. I don't have a lawyer now I may hire one if they call me in for an interview cause I-751 is a very simple form to fill out.

GOOD LUCK! :star:

Filed: Timeline
Thank you all for your replies. Does anyone in this forum know what are some of the acceptable explanations for such a mistake? Her reasoning is that she was pregnant and in oversight forgot to file in time...

Pregnancy is not an explanation at all. Your friend knew and should have been careful. Now they need to file not soon, but TODAY kind of thing; and hope their I-751 is approved. It might not be, and she would have to leave and apply again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She can give whatever explanation she likes I suppose and hope for the best. They don't have to accept the explanation or be lenient if they don't choose to be.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Yes, Answers like "I forgot" or "I was pregnant" are not very acceptable. If you have to make it up a little bit do it like "We were financially stressed" and we couldn't afford it at that point of time or something but find more serious reasons. Your case is still not lost because you are not extremely late like one of the recent posts "My conditional green card expired 2 years ago and I just saw it." :blink: How irresponsible you should be?! :bonk: Go to a lawyer and they will help you if you can put 3-4k for a really good one. But if you know how to right a nice explanatory letter why should you spend that amount. You have a child-the best proof of a bona fide marriage! ACT!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Houston we have a problem! That friend is out of status and will be terminated and expelled to leave the USA, they better call USCIS service center or go to their local office and have a darn good reason as to why they did not file on time, for it will be up to them to decide whether to proceed with removal of PR or if they might have to go before a judge and plead their case, and see if judge will let them stay, either way they got some work and problems now. Good luck.

:whistle:

Hi All,

A friend of mine (citizenship India) got married to a US citizen. She came to the US in on CR-1 visa in Aug 2007. Her Green Card expired last month and she has not filed I-751 or any paper work to remove the condition on her residency.

Can someone please:

- Explain the consequences here?

- What actions she can take to stay in the US? She had a baby just last month.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Yes, Answers like "I forgot" or "I was pregnant" are not very acceptable. If you have to make it up a little bit do it like "We were financially stressed" and we couldn't afford it at that point of time or something but find more serious reasons. Your case is still not lost because you are not extremely late like one of the recent posts "My conditional green card expired 2 years ago and I just saw it." :blink: How irresponsible you should be?! :bonk: Go to a lawyer and they will help you if you can put 3-4k for a really good one. But if you know how to right a nice explanatory letter why should you spend that amount. You have a child-the best proof of a bona fide marriage! ACT!

I really do not think this excuse will be any better than "I forgot" or " I was pregnant". After all, it still was totally irresponsible to have not followed the immigration laws. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Edited by Mountain Climber

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hi All,

A friend of mine (citizenship India) got married to a US citizen. She came to the US in on CR-1 visa in Aug 2007. Her Green Card expired last month and she has not filed I-751 or any paper work to remove the condition on her residency.

Can someone please:

- Explain the consequences here?

- What actions she can take to stay in the US? She had a baby just last month.

Any help is highly appreciated.

I really don't understand people that can 'forget' such a MASSIVE thing in their lives!!

(if I post the same thing in a few years... someone shoot me! lol)

Careful what you type Dave. Your posts are saved on this website, and I have a memory like an elephant ;-) Howz about we ask you to eat a hat rather than get the guns out :-)

I agree with previous posters. Your friend must act NOW. This is not one of those things that will go away, and ignorance is not going to create bliss in this situation.

Thank you all for your replies. Does anyone in this forum know what are some of the acceptable explanations for such a mistake? Her reasoning is that she was pregnant and in oversight forgot to file in time...

:whistle:

Personally, I think "i forgot" is probably a pretty valid excuse. I am sure many people do forget.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

File it right now! (you or "your friend")

And stop judging people like that. Everyone makes mistakes!

ROC

09-10-2011 : ROC package sent

09-13-2011 : Check Cashed

09-17-2011 : NOA received

10-24-2011: Biometrics appointment

07-02-2012: Application Accepted

07-10-2012: Greencard Received!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS from H1B

Timeline:

08/29/09 ----- AOS Package Mailed (I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131)

08/31/09 ----- Package delivered in Chicago

09/04/09 ----- Checks cashed

09/11/09 ----- Received all 4 NOA´s (Dated 09/04/09)

09/14/09 ----- Received Biometrics Letter for I-485 & I-765 (Appointment: 10/08/09)

10/08/09 ----- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/08/09 ----- AP Approval Notice and EAD Card Production Ordered sent

10/16/09 ----- AP received

10/17/09 ----- EAD received

11/05/09 ----- Interview Appointment Received - Interview on 12/10/09

12/10/09 ----- Interview Approved!!Card production ordered.

12/14/09 ----- Welcome Letter Received

12/22/09 ----- GC Received!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.