63 posts in this topic

ooooh, that would be nice...

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad.... I was getting all prepared to stick it out in the AP for a while..... Riggs hasn't even sent off the request for his Police report... he was supposed to do that this week though... man... now its going to be me waiting for him to finish paperwork... you can see in my signature, it took a LONG time just to mail off the I129-F... I just hope and pray that he will get everything ready ASAP... :unsure:

The police report the regular mailing method takes 2 weeks, almost to the day. You should have plenty of time to get it back before you get packet 3.

Just hound him until it's done. lol

Congrats!!

Well technically you don't absolutely need the police report until the interview. I believe you only need to mail in the 3 or 4 forms they give you links too as well as the checklist, but all of the documents like the police report you bring with you to the interview.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Well, true, but by the time we get the IV-15 checklist, I would want to actually have those things in hand before checking them off and mailing it back to the embassy saying we have them.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

How are things going?

event.png

Grats Lisa for finally getting out of AP!!! You're next Allie!!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

..............thats all I have to say! I'm giving it till about the 20th then I'm gonna raise some holy NVC hell!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

I feel bad.... I was getting all prepared to stick it out in the AP for a while..... Riggs hasn't even sent off the request for his Police report... he was supposed to do that this week though... man... now its going to be me waiting for him to finish paperwork... you can see in my signature, it took a LONG time just to mail off the I129-F... I just hope and pray that he will get everything ready ASAP... :unsure:

Ah, I remember those days, I bit my tongue and bit my tongue as each day went by while I waited for Nik to do the visa application. Sometimes I wasn't able to hold in my impatience...Looking back, it wasn't that long, only 2 or 3 weeks...just felt that way.

Well technically you don't absolutely need the police report until the interview. I believe you only need to mail in the 3 or 4 forms they give you links too as well as the checklist, but all of the documents like the police report you bring with you to the interview.

You'll (general you) save yourself a LOT of heartache if you make sure you actually have all of these things IN YOUR HANDS before you send in the checklist. It's a headache of a scramble to play the reschedule game if things don't come in time. What if the police cert has an error you need to get corrected but you've already sent off the checklist?

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

..............thats all I have to say! I'm giving it till about the 20th then I'm gonna raise some holy NVC hell!

You go girl!! Seriously... with Monday a holiday (I think) I would be contacting your state congressman/woman... I mean, it can't hurt can it? Go off about how much you love America, bla bla bla... and how you and Nigel have worked so hard to be together, and you really want to place your trust in the American government, :innocent: but your head is about to explode at the seams with all this confusing stuff in NVC. :wacko: I think most congresspeople have a whole section that helps with immigration requests... can't hurt to give them a call :thumbs:

event.png

You go girl!! Seriously... with Monday a holiday (I think) I would be contacting your state congressman/woman... I mean, it can't hurt can it? Go off about how much you love America, bla bla bla... and how you and Nigel have worked so hard to be together, and you really want to place your trust in the American government, :innocent: but your head is about to explode at the seams with all this confusing stuff in NVC. :wacko: I think most congresspeople have a whole section that helps with immigration requests... can't hurt to give them a call :thumbs:

I didn't have to give mine any elaborate reasons, except that it seemed to be taking inordinately long and my letter on July 30 said "7 days".

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Ah, I remember those days, I bit my tongue and bit my tongue as each day went by while I waited for Nik to do the visa application. Sometimes I wasn't able to hold in my impatience...Looking back, it wasn't that long, only 2 or 3 weeks...just felt that way.

You'll (general you) save yourself a LOT of heartache if you make sure you actually have all of these things IN YOUR HANDS before you send in the checklist. It's a headache of a scramble to play the reschedule game if things don't come in time. What if the police cert has an error you need to get corrected but you've already sent off the checklist?

Yeah... well, last week came and went, and he still hasn't sent in the form. Something about the Post Office not carrying checks or something. Every time I mention it he sighs really loud and gets mad because I keep telling him the same stuff over and over... I swear, he is so frustrating sometimes. Its hard for me to trust that he's going to do this stuff with how long it took to actually submit the I129... He says I should just trust him, that he knows what he has to do, but he totally refuses to even look at VJ for help. He's so worked up about the whole thing, and most of the time, I'm just trying to explain it to make it seem more simple and step by step.... He's frustrated and stressed, I'm frustrated and stressed... I just can't wait till he gets over here so we can actually start our lives together... this whole long distance thing is something I would never ever want to do again. Once he's here, he's not leaving my side... EVER!!! Lol... I sound like a kidnapper or something...

Anyways... that's enough of my rant... thanks for listening!

event.png

Yeah... well, last week came and went, and he still hasn't sent in the form. Something about the Post Office not carrying checks or something. Every time I mention it he sighs really loud and gets mad because I keep telling him the same stuff over and over... I swear, he is so frustrating sometimes. Its hard for me to trust that he's going to do this stuff with how long it took to actually submit the I129... He says I should just trust him, that he knows what he has to do, but he totally refuses to even look at VJ for help. He's so worked up about the whole thing, and most of the time, I'm just trying to explain it to make it seem more simple and step by step.... He's frustrated and stressed, I'm frustrated and stressed... I just can't wait till he gets over here so we can actually start our lives together... this whole long distance thing is something I would never ever want to do again. Once he's here, he's not leaving my side... EVER!!! Lol... I sound like a kidnapper or something...

Anyways... that's enough of my rant... thanks for listening!

I found that while I thought Nik was procrastinating and not working he was quietly putting together a well organized folder of everything, so your guy might surprise you too! Nik just didn't want to talk about it (he didn't think there WAS anything to talk about), and that's all I could think (talk) about, so it was difficult for both of us as he felt like I was nagging/lecturing/being a know-it-all, and for me since I didn't know what was going on. I hope being together makes the process less stressful, we'll see how AOS goes - get to do that together. :)

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

Timeline

Funny, yes, i am bugging Nigel to go mail a letter to some police thing to detail what dates he was a bad boy 20+years ago I found this post this fabulous guy put on and he said the London people were fine with it cause its like 60 pounds for court records in Derby and you have to know the dates...so...if he just sends away for this thing or whatever its free and it has dates on it or whatever. I've already got Nigel's packet 3 at his house, except for the one you fill and print..he has to do that one....and the ACPO is in his hands and i have a copy of, but the "no live trace" he has to dig up old stuff....####### thats a pain in the ####...

Soooo, ya, i think he's tired of me yapping about it but I dont care, I want him here! He's so mild tempered he just lets me go on and on, oh it makes me laugh....overall, we've got to be out of that NVC soon, they dont keep things that long soooo I spose, maybe a December wedding isnt too far fetched....whatever...thats my rant of the day....you guys are really the only ones who truly understand....I just feel like the odd man out now since I think i'm the only one left out of our little circle of UK folks....

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

I understand the rant... believe me.... Just talked with Riggs.... He doesn't remember when he went to school, and his mum doesn't either... so now he's going to look for some form or something so he can request the dates. Come on... this is really REALLY irritating.

event.png

I understand the rant... believe me.... Just talked with Riggs.... He doesn't remember when he went to school, and his mum doesn't either... so now he's going to look for some form or something so he can request the dates. Come on... this is really REALLY irritating.

Well, we all have to fill in for the deficiencies in our partners. Nik reminds me to be patient and calm sometimes, and it looks like you'll have to keep track of the records and important dates in your life together! Just good that you know now, instead of when tax time (or similar) comes around and you thought he was doing something about it. :D

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Timeline

I'm still in ap as of today. Been 15 actual working days...sooo...i'm giving it till the 25th/Sept then all hell's gonna be raised. We shall see!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

• 3 weeks later...

So, he sends off the police report request on the 11th. Then he realizes its the wrong form, it was supposed to be £30, not the £10 we put in.. apparently we got a different kind of police thing. Anyways, now he just got his birth cert back, and he's got to get a new form (with no printer) and another £30 together to send off the request... I swear, this is going to be a long long wait. I try not to stress, but now I'm thinking I need to print up every form and send it to him. They don't have a working printer, and I guess libraries aren't free in the UK... I can't think of anything to do. Plus those forms I print out need to have all the info on them already, so this is going to take a long time. Plus I still don't know how I'm going to pay for all this. Maybe at the end of the year I'll get a raise or something... I was really hoping to get him here for Christmas. How is everyone else doing?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.