little red

Marrying Brazilian whom I believe has 10 yr ban

31 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
If anyone has advice and has been in similar situation as us please help! I'm very sorry if I'm posting in wrong place

I am new to this. I received the website from a friend of mine who married a Turkish man. She said this site helped her tremendously so I hope it will do the same for me. I am still researching to figure out all the forms and visas and such. I am an American women and will marry my Brazilian fiance here in Brazil. We are still in the beginning stages collecting various documents. My divorce decree, letter of being single, etc. He was in the US previously entering illegally and living for 6 years. He was issued a drivers license. He also was arrested in 2008 for driving with an expired drivers license. He left on his own he was not deported. He returned to Brazil because of his elderly mother and has been here for almost 1 year. In January 2009 he tried to get a visa to return to the US and was denied. He Say's he was told he was denied because the interviewer didn't believe his application." No one told him he was banned for 10 years.

He thinks the reason he was denied is not because they know he was there illegally but because he lied and said he never applied for a visa before. Which he did in 1999 and was also denied then, he believes because he had no binding ties in Brazil. Presumably he was probably at risk of trying to stay in the US. I am wondering what we should do? Is there a way to find out if he was banned for 10 years without causing ourselves more pain? I'm worried he does have a 10 year ban and that is why he was denied. But we have a friend who also was in the US living with his whole family illegally for 7 years they all left and came back to Brazil on their own not deported. The children were in school,had drivers license etc and they were recently given tourist visas. Hope this makes sense because I'm totally confused myself. Any help will be appreciated.

This process is very difficult and your situation seems somewhat complex. You might want to consider hiring a good immigration lawyer especially considering your uncertainty of of why he was denied and if he is banned. If I were in your shoes I would not chance it and would get a lawyer. If you make a mistake you risk getting a denial or worse a permanent ban. A lawyer may be expensive but no where near as expensive as the cost of the process and the time spent especially if you are denied. Whatever you choose to do good luck. :thumbs:

create_maleScene.jpg

USCIS *CR-1 Visa*

2008-07-26 : I-130 Sent

2009-04-02 : Interview at Embassy in Lima, Peru Approved

2009-04-08 : POE Atlanta (256 days from sending I-130)

USCIS *Removal of Conditions*

2011-02-28 : Mailed I-751

2011-03-02 : USPS Delivery Confirmation

2011-03-10 : Check Cashed

2011-03-11 : Touched

2011-03-25 : USCIS confirmed they did not mail NOA 1, given case number

2011-04-05 : Infopass appointment passport stamped with I-551

2011-04-19 : Walk in Biometrics completed (2 weeks early)

2011-05-03 : Biometrics appointment (3 year anniversary)

2011-08-25 : Approved

2011-08-31 : Card in hand (184 days after sending I-751)

*Application for Naturalization*

2012-03-24 : Mailed N-400

2012-03-26 : NOA1

2012-03-29 : Check Cashed

2012-05-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2012-06-04 : Interview Letter

2012-07-09 : Interview in Raleigh, NC (Passed)

2012-07-20 : Oath Ceremony (119 days after sending N-400)

[/center]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devil's advocate here. Why would you marry someone that obviously has no problem breaking the law and no problem lying about everything? Not to mention, someone who has every reason to use a USC to get back to America??? :huh:

I second that !!! :whistle:

The OP did not ask our opinions on her life decisions, #######. Reported.

I suggest you know that you will face a very likely denial; and indeed, like bobby said, the waiver might also be denied on grounds of misrepresentation. Do consult an immigration attorney AND consider residing in Brazul.

:lol: Get a life! Anyone that airs their dirty laundry on a public forum should expect people to give their OPINIONS. I didn't see you having a problem giving your opinions to people in MENA when Tammy was asking about marrying a second foreigner :whistle: I didn't say anything bad to her. Just telling her to open her eyes to some major red flags. Ever known anyone whose life was completely destroyed by an immigrant user whose story is quite similar to this? I do. Not a pretty picture.

Edited by CnT4ever

If anyone has advice and has been in similar situation as us please help! I'm very sorry if I'm posting in wrong place

I am new to this. I received the website from a friend of mine who married a Turkish man. She said this site helped her tremendously so I hope it will do the same for me. I am still researching to figure out all the forms and visas and such. I am an American women and will marry my Brazilian fiance here in Brazil. We are still in the beginning stages collecting various documents. My divorce decree, letter of being single, etc. He was in the US previously entering illegally and living for 6 years. He was issued a drivers license. He also was arrested in 2008 for driving with an expired drivers license. He left on his own he was not deported. He returned to Brazil because of his elderly mother and has been here for almost 1 year. In January 2009 he tried to get a visa to return to the US and was denied. He Say's he was told he was denied because the interviewer didn't believe his application." No one told him he was banned for 10 years.

He thinks the reason he was denied is not because they know he was there illegally but because he lied and said he never applied for a visa before. Which he did in 1999 and was also denied then, he believes because he had no binding ties in Brazil. Presumably he was probably at risk of trying to stay in the US. I am wondering what we should do? Is there a way to find out if he was banned for 10 years without causing ourselves more pain? I'm worried he does have a 10 year ban and that is why he was denied. But we have a friend who also was in the US living with his whole family illegally for 7 years they all left and came back to Brazil on their own not deported. The children were in school,had drivers license etc and they were recently given tourist visas. Hope this makes sense because I'm totally confused myself. Any help will be appreciated.

FYI a very very dear from of mine was going through this exact same situation. She is on here on VJ. She suffered heart break, financial disaster, trauma to her self and her children. She too had the same issues and filed waivers and bent over backwards for a man that later treated her like trash and dumped her (after he got all he can get). So I don't believe it's wrong or off topic to ask the OP the questions I posed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I really doubt that this guy is going to be let in again. And my thoughts to you (please don't take offense)... find someone with a cleaner track record (I've seen too many people end up with guys like this..) :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Unfortunately (and despite the name), this is not the best forum in which to ask waiver questions. Some of the responses in this thread are simply incorrect. There are many people who have had waivers approved for both misrep and illegal presence. You will find them, as well much more accurate advice, at www.immigrate2us.net. In order for them, or an attorney, to really help you you will need to know a few additional things about your husband's case: 1) exactly how did he originally enter the US? You have said he entered "illegally" but the details actually matter in the eyes of immigration law 2) Did his visa application result in an actual misrep charge from the CO? This really matters because, while illegal presence of over 365 days carries a 10 year (waivable) bar, misprep carries a permanent (waivable) bar. The process for overcoming either bar is the same--an approved I-601--but it is worth knowing what kind of bar you face. That is where you start. I2us, and possibly a lawyer, can give you helpful advice from there.

Good luck to you.

To the mods: I think we should reconsider having a waiver forum on VJ as it seems only to spread inaccurate immigration advice and judgmental responses. Winds up being more like entrapment than a way to help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would agree the misrep is the bigger issue.

And also immigrate2us is the better place to go.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=214956

To the OP, I would get with the OP of the above thread since she is going through a similar situation at the same consul..

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

FUNNY SOME PEOPLE HERE HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL.

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
FUNNY SOME PEOPLE HERE HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL.

actually some people have personal experience to share

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I suppose I should have been more specific with my post. Thanks to everyone who gave advice without judging.

As far as putting my dirty laundrey out there as one said. I thought this forum was for help with these issues.

If I didn't put it out there how would I receive help? People make mistakes sometimes and sometimes for a good reason. I didn't think I would have to explain why he did what he did, nor will I. For people on this kind of site to judge and say things like you wouldn't want this type of person in your country. I am Native American.

I could say lots of things to this but I will not. Because I think those of you who know your history know what my response would be.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.