mikey78

Here's how NVC assigns interviews for MTL

49 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Someone (you!) could email Montreal and ask them!

I mean, if you lay out your first scenario they may actually find it interesting and tell you. Then again they may tell you get in line and be quiet.

You mean NVC...MTL does not schedule CR/IR (except special cases)...did you ever email nvc with anything even a bit non-standard, let alone a question like that? :rofl: ...and well, I am in line, as much as one can be :)

No they don't schedule, but as you mention - emailing NVC with that question - well you may as well just shout it out the window, you are more likely to get an answer.

While Montreal does not directly schedule the interviews they do know how they are scheduled.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

hey Mal...

Me too, my friend, me too...

:)

Mikey, you've got me all stressed out now. I really want to be home by Christmas. :(

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Mikey, you've got me all stressed out now. I really want to be home by Christmas. :(

/agree

I take it the same theory applies for K1 journeys?

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

/agree

It wasn't my intention to stress anyone :( I just thought that using what we already know to figure out how the process works will add a bit of predictability and help us waiting, saves us disappointments along the way...NVC never gives consulate specific info, all you get is a standard response...intuitively, looking at timelines the whole theory can be simplified to: take your case completion date add 3-3.5 month and that's approx your interview date...but then again I can be completely wrong and we all receive our interviews in Oct :D

It should work the same way for all MTL interviews scheduled by NVC

Timeline
It wasn't my intention to stress anyone :( I just thought that using what we already know to figure out how the process works will add a bit of predictability and help us waiting, saves us disappointments along the way...NVC never gives consulate specific info, all you get is a standard response...intuitively, looking at timelines the whole theory can be simplified to: take your case completion date add 3-3.5 month and that's approx your interview date...but then again I can be completely wrong and we all receive our interviews in Oct :D

Ok i'm really confused now, I don't understand why Mikey's theory would stress you guys out?

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Ok i'm really confused now, I don't understand why Mikey's theory would stress you guys out?

If they use the priority date at all, that's my reason, at least.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Ah, Mikey... you didn't stress anyone out -- I think everyone just wants to get home, is all... sometimes hearing the inevitability of a longer wait is just hard, you know?

You didn't, you're funny and hilarious and should continue on with all your theories and such -- keep us all entertained and stuff while we wait..

K?

Good.

:D

And to everyone who's done with this process and have your CR1/IR1, maybe you could not make fun of us or chastise us for being 'stressed'? I'm sure you were once there too while you were waiting to be reunited with your family? It's not very productive and it's off-putting. K? Thanks...

/agree

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

Well, the priority date is slightly irrelevant in my opinion :lol:

The priority date, as you probably already know, is the date on or around the time they approved your I-130. So it would follow that people who are ahead in priority date would also be ahead in the scheduling of an interview.

In looking back at the IR1/CR1 timeline to interview table - it seems to be pretty normal - you finish at NVC, you wait around 90 days, you get your interview - regardless of when your priority date was.

I say this because if you look at it even people who would have had an earlier priority date, as they filed earlier, seem to get interviews around the same time as others that completed NVC on or around the same time.

I'll email Montreal and see if they will give me an answer.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

OK, now I wanna have my theory branded! :) just like LingChe's guide...I want it to be called Mikey's Appointment Scheduling Theory for short MAST B)

...just in case MTL should ever reply to email sent by Trailmix and let us know how it all works behind the scenes :D

Timeline
Well, the priority date is slightly irrelevant in my opinion :lol:

The priority date, as you probably already know, is the date on or around the time they approved your I-130. So it would follow that people who are ahead in priority date would also be ahead in the scheduling of an interview.

In looking back at the IR1/CR1 timeline to interview table - it seems to be pretty normal - you finish at NVC, you wait around 90 days, you get your interview - regardless of when your priority date was.

I say this because if you look at it even people who would have had an earlier priority date, as they filed earlier, seem to get interviews around the same time as others that completed NVC on or around the same time.

I'll email Montreal and see if they will give me an answer.

Well, I guess that makes sense. :lol: It's just that if they went by priority date, I'd be SOL.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
And to everyone who's done with this process and have your CR1/IR1, maybe you could not make fun of us or chastise us for being 'stressed'? I'm sure you were once there too while you were waiting to be reunited with your family? It's not very productive and it's off-putting. K? Thanks...

I just saw your post lgg - we must have been posting at the same time. Who, what, where?? I don't think anyone here meant to make fun, probably just trying to cheer you up.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Mikey/Mel...

Gotta be frank, I don't get the priority date thing -- i have a date on our NOA2 that says March 17 but it doesn't make sense as our NOA1 wasn't received until March 25 and we were approved June 25th... you know? So, i still don't understand what the priority date means and what it's relevance is as, it makes no sense in our case?

:|

OK, now I wanna have my theory branded! :) just like LingChe's guide...I want it to be called Mikey's Appointment Scheduling Theory for short MAST B)

...just in case MTL should ever reply to email sent by Trailmix and let us know how it all works behind the scenes :D

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

LOL, disregard the long version of the theory then. Take 'case completed' date and add 3 or 3.5 month and you arrive at a potential interview date...this is MAST in action

Mikey/Mel...

Gotta be frank, I don't get the priority date thing -- i have a date on our NOA2 that says March 17 but it doesn't make sense as our NOA1 wasn't received until March 25 and we were approved June 25th... you know? So, i still don't understand what the priority date means and what it's relevance is as, it makes no sense in our case?

Timeline

Okey-dokey, mikey...

Will do.

BUT, what the heck DOES that date mean on my NOA2? Out of sheer curiosity now...

:)

Thanks, guy... Oh and M.A.S.T has a great ring to it.

LOL, disregard the long version of the theory then. Take 'case completed' date and add 3 or 3.5 month and you arrive at a potential interview date...this is MAST in action

Mikey/Mel...

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.