elephantmaniac22

Question about photos

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got my RFE letter in the mail and thankfully it is going to be easy. However, I'm not sure how to do it. They want me to send my photos with film dates on them. Now I am thinking this means the date is printed on the front, but I am not sure how to do this. Is it something that some cameras do automatically when you print them or is there an option? I have a Kodak digital camera, but I still have some of my photos on the SD card. Any help would be great. The photos I first sent them, I just wrote our names on the back, where it was taken and the date. But obviously they didnt like that.

Thanks,

Jen

Timeline

I forgot to ask, they said I could send in primary evidence- receipts and passport pages, that have dates within two years. (I sent them this already, did they lose it?) and they said I could send secondary evidence- the photos. Does this mean I have to send more primary and some secondary or just one or the other?? I figured I would just send the photos because I sent some of the other.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I got my RFE letter in the mail and thankfully it is going to be easy. However, I'm not sure how to do it. They want me to send my photos with film dates on them. Now I am thinking this means the date is printed on the front, but I am not sure how to do this. Is it something that some cameras do automatically when you print them or is there an option? I have a Kodak digital camera, but I still have some of my photos on the SD card. Any help would be great. The photos I first sent them, I just wrote our names on the back, where it was taken and the date. But obviously they didnt like that.

Thanks,

Jen

They really are being sticklers. I send my petition to the California service center as well and only had the date the pictures were taken, where we were, and our names. If you had that then my two cents worth is you are right they must want the date on the front printed. I believe my camera will do it, but I have to set it up; I have never done it. For it to work I need the correct date and time set. I guess look in your manual and see, hopefully yours will be easier to set up than mine is.

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. The letter says in bold print, film dated. So being printed on the front was the only thing I could think of. I will have to look for my camera manual. Hopefully I can get the date on the photos already taken.

Timeline
Thanks for the reply. The letter says in bold print, film dated. So being printed on the front was the only thing I could think of. I will have to look for my camera manual. Hopefully I can get the date on the photos already taken.

When I sent my evidence I just printed my name on the back along with the date that the picture was taken. The instructions did not say that date had to be printed on front with photograph, just that it had to be written on the back of each picture. I hope they do nt do this to me, because I cant make a date magically appear on the front. It haas to be set up with the camera. I did set mine up that way, but, it didnt print that way. However.... if you put the sd card in your computer, look up that file on the computer, right click on the picture file, and it will show you the dates that the pictures were taken (in some instances). If your creative and have an idea on how to do this, you may be able to print those dates out to show as proof.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

MouadsWife-I hope they dont make you resend pics. I have seen on my kodak program a list of when the pics were taken, I will have to see if I can print it. Thanks for the idea.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yeah, it is way to easy to forge dates on the front of photographs. I would imagine they want you to print the date, where it was taken and who is in the photograph on the back of the actual photo? surely they want proof you both met in the last 2 years? those images cant be reshot.

Did you send photographs with the original petition, my images had no dates (I dont like them on my photographs, a little tacky in my opinion) but I did put the date, place taken and who was in the image on the back.

Good luck, I hope you have an easy journey after this! :)

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Timeline

I sent several photos the first time and I just handwrote who, date, and where on the back. Maybe I will get some more photos and try to use my printer and print the info on the back, so that it is not handwritten.

Timeline

I think I have figured out what I am going to do. Since I did not have the date set before I took the pictures, I cant get it on the front now. (I was playing with my camera). I did try printing on the back of an old picture using envelope settings and it printed nicely. So I guess thats what I will do. It might not be exactly what they want, but I dont know how to get the date on the front. And going back to Morocco to recreate the pictures is out of the question right now.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I used to be a photo lab supervisor and most machines now can back date pictures :0) If you have them on an SD card take it to the phot lab, CVS, Walgreens, for example and hand it over to the guy/gal and ask them to do this for you, you can chose the date and it will print the date on the back when the pictures print. It is part of the printing system and they don't charge extra for this however you have to find someone that knows about this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I sent my evidence I just printed my name on the back along with the date that the picture was taken. The instructions did not say that date had to be printed on front with photograph, just that it had to be written on the back of each picture. I hope they do nt do this to me, because I cant make a date magically appear on the front. It haas to be set up with the camera. I did set mine up that way, but, it didnt print that way. However.... if you put the sd card in your computer, look up that file on the computer, right click on the picture file, and it will show you the dates that the pictures were taken (in some instances). If your creative and have an idea on how to do this, you may be able to print those dates out to show as proof.

You are right, that is what I had and it went through fine. It is like an adjudicator is asking for something the requirements do not ask for. Yes, that is an idea to do a properties of each one with a thumbnail of each and doing a screen print then a paste to a word processor and printing. Here is another idea. A print screen could be made of each thumbnail and then printed by pasting east to a Word document. I hope something works for them.

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

We didnt have any printed date on our pictures, so we wrote it on the back, and along with the pictures we sent other evidences which would help date the picture (Ex: picture of my bf and I at his graduation ceremony + a copy of the ceremony invitation showing the date and place; picture of us in Tunisia + stamps from our passports). I hope this will legitimate the date we handwrote on the pics!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.