Dr. A ♥ O

Saturday-Interview CaturdayX3 VJ Peeps for Cairo!

79 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

So happy for the approvals! :dance: :dance: and thanks Olivia for taking the time to explain everything, it really helps all of us who are waiting for an interview to get a little hint of what it's like. So happy today alhamdoliallah and inshallah it will be me posting an approval with no AP on tuesday!!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow, Thats great news to all of you. It makes me so happy that you all got approved. Hopefully tomorrow when Tamer has his interview, it will go the same. Congratulations to everyone. Ill let you know how his went in detail after he gets back home tomorrow.

Only thing hes worried about is the rude egyptian woman. Hes afraid he will spout something off to her if shes rude x.x Lets hope not lol. Im sure he will be fine though. Anyways, still let me know how long it takes to get the visa from your interview date. Thanks so much for the details on your interviews. It helps alot to read them. So happy for you! Good luck with the rest of your journey, and I hope you have a happy life there in the US.

Consulate : Egypt

Visit Egypt : 2008-06-25

Marriage : 2008-10-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-07-15

Approved : 2009-07-15 Alhamdulilah

Packet 3 Received : 2009-07-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-08-04

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-15

Interview Date : 2009-08-24 APPROVED with no AP

Visa Received : 2009-08-28

Entry into the USA : 2009-10-05 Insha Allah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
More good news to add!! We were fist inline!!! thats a first!!!

First they called our number then that rude lady that flower mentioned could not find our file!!! I almost died...we had to sit and wait!! Then they called us again..she took our papers and was rude and said go pay and sit..We had the fingerprints done then waiting about 30 minutes and we met the councler!! She was awesome!!

She basically talked to me!! All she said to Ayman was do you swear all this information is true? he said yes I swear!

She goes to me are you moving back home! I said yes..

She asked when will you go..I said as soon as we get the visa..

She saw Emma..Did you get her passport? I said yes mam..

She said wait one minute..Just waiting for the computer to process something..

Then she said ok looks like my colluege got everything we need..

You will get your visa in the mail within two weeks!!

I almost cried!!! Finally home sweet home!!

Congratulations on your interview!!! :dance::dance:

I hope our interview goes as well. :clock:

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
More good news to add!! We were fist inline!!! thats a first!!!

First they called our number then that rude lady that flower mentioned could not find our file!!! I almost died...we had to sit and wait!! Then they called us again..she took our papers and was rude and said go pay and sit..We had the fingerprints done then waiting about 30 minutes and we met the councler!! She was awesome!!

She basically talked to me!! All she said to Ayman was do you swear all this information is true? he said yes I swear!

She goes to me are you moving back home! I said yes..

She asked when will you go..I said as soon as we get the visa..

She saw Emma..Did you get her passport? I said yes mam..

She said wait one minute..Just waiting for the computer to process something..

Then she said ok looks like my colluege got everything we need..

You will get your visa in the mail within two weeks!!

I almost cried!!! Finally home sweet home!!

Congratulations on your interview!!! :dance::dance:

I hope our interview goes as well. :clock:

Tomorrow inshallah I will wake up to good news from both Lover and illnevergetthis and then the next day inshallah you will hear good news from me! The MENA section has never been so exciting with so many interviews at once!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Tomorrow inshallah I will wake up to good news from both Lover and illnevergetthis and then the next day inshallah you will hear good news from me! The MENA section has never been so exciting with so many interviews at once!

Not just interviews, but successful interviews. That's huge.

Timeline

Congrats and good luck to all. This has definitely been an exciting weekend! Wishing everyone the best and may we all be reunited with our loved ones soon, insha allah!

Timeline

Olivia!!!! Super congratulations to YOU and to Waleed, I am so happy for both of you.

Best of Luck to everyone with interviews coming up, and congratulations to everyone who succeeded at their interviews

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Timeline

Amazing - Congratulations to all of you. Simply amazing - I had a good sleep after I talked to my wife and her experience with the interview today.

Here's more information to anyone interested to know.

First thing to do when approaching the Embassy; is to talk to the man at the door and tell that it is for immigration purpose. There is definitely another line and much shorter.

The procedure I understand was that She went inside on one line to submit the interview papers and passport and photo etc. Here this lady :

took the most recent Police Certificate (even though she said that the existing one from past 4 months is valid until a year);

took the passport photos;

returned to my wife all Tax forms except for the year 2008;

and, took my divorce certified papers (even though I already submitted it in NVC process).

Then she went on another line to get fingerprint done.

Then she went for her interview.

Same questions as we have been hearing from others:

1) How did you meet your husband? Through her Uncle here in USA

2) Did you immediately accept the proposal? He came one time to meet the parents; then one time for engagement; ...and so forth

3) Where did you go for honeymoon? Only Cairo due to finances and vacation time constraints

4) Do you have any wedding photos with family members? She gave her the whole bunch of electronic printouts of digital photos

That's it. The interviewer said Mabrouk and that the VISA will be mailed out via DHL to her home.

Glad to have joined this VJ forum and I greatly enjoyed chatting with you all and thank you everyone for helping me out prior to this stage. I will be hooked in here and keep you posted when she arrives here in USA (maybe after Ramadan is over) and I think I found a great place to ask further questions if any.

There are many beside the members in this particular topic who helped me greatly - so Thanks again to everyone at VJ's.

I really pray for everyone's success in their life. This has been a whole lot of time in waiting to get to this place. But all is well that ends well.

Take care,

--------------------------------

Aug 30, 2008 -- Married in Cairo

Oct 28, 2009 -- Wife arrived USA

Sep 6, 2011 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to lift conditions

Sep 13, 2011 -- NOA received date.

Sep 29, 2011 -- Biometric appointment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What wonderful news everyone - I am so glad you have got your approvals and will soon be reunited with your loved ones. Good luck to those who are still waiting for your interviews in the next few days. Congratulations!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mabrook to everyone!! I am so happy to hear about approvals out of Cairo! Cairo has no kind of rhyme or reason with how they do things, so I am glad everyone got the :thumbs: leaving today with NO AP! InshaAllah ours will go as smoothly.

Wishing everyone a quick reunion to loved one or a quick return to the States!! Again mabrook!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tonight's in the US will be the interview day in Cairo for three peeps on VJ!

:dance: INTERVIEW TIME HAS ARRIVED! :dance:

interview.jpg

My Husband Waleed (Alhusain) and I: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=36897

Ayman and Yasmina: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=69226

Lover500: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=60218

and then the next night it's

Kenza's Husband turn at their Embassy! http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=62355

Waleed said he's got his evidence prepared. He's got his suit cleaned and he's going to shave in the morning and head down there. The interviews start for us in the US tonight around 9:30 pm Pacific Time, 10:30 pm MTN, 11:30 pm Central, and 12:30 am Eastern so it's going to be a long night before we hear anything. I look forward to hearing the news from how it went with the other two!

Thank you everybody for supporting me in this long process and being there in all the ups and downs! Also thank you for all the well wishes and mojo these past few days! I encourage you all if you have time to visit the profiles and send them your best wishes too! Best Wishes you guys!

And as always Happy Caturday! :luv:

icanhascheezburger-interview.jpg

Good luck

JNR

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations on completing the interviews and inshallah they will be true to their word about no AP! I bet you all are so relieved to have this part of your journey over with! :thumbs:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.