~*Dorothy*~

Friday - 8/21/09

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning mena.

for you mafia wars players - who do you want dead? :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Day MENA! It's Friday!

zg8w-1bl-1.gif

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok transferring travel talk to the friday thread. Does anyone know anything about the moroccan community in Montreal? I ask because we live not sooooo far from there, short plane ride or long drive and my in laws are coming from israel to visit for a month. My husband always wants them to go away for a short excursion towards the end of their stay here, partially so they can experience this but mostly because they start making him nuts and he knows he cant take a whole month. My in laws like to travel around, see sights, REALLY like to find other israelis/moroccan/tunisians their age they can "hang out with" they are EXTREMELY social. So I was thinking that Montreal might be nice because its pretty, they can speak french, and isnt there a big moroccan area with lots of moroccan restaurants etc? They would love something like that. Anyway I have never been which is ridiculous so let me know!

Are your inlaws allowed to go to Canada? I don't know about Montreal but when hubby wakes up I'll ask him about Toronto since that's where his bff lives. Of course that's a longer plane ride though. I've actually never been to Canada and can't wait to see Toronto when we visit his buddy but we have to wait until he gets his AOS all finished up I think.

It was so quiet and peaceful here this morning while I started working until my neighbor's car alarm went off. :angry: I hate those things.

Have to pick up dates and plan out the menus for this coming week. Making macaroni bechamel for tomorrow along with chicken soup and I'm going to have the kiddies bake a cake to keep them occupied.

Happy Friday! :dance::dance::dance:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Morning MENA! T.G.I.F. to all previous posters and those who come along later in the day! :star:

I had a dream this morning just before i woke up that I was outside my house doing god only knows what & a beetle (you know those big hard shelled june bugs) attacked and latched onto my hair -eeeeewww :help: I screamed, ran in the house and had my mom help try to get it out and there were 2 of them.

I checked in a dream book I have and it said for beetles "there is jealousy and hostilty all around you." My husband has me on a rollercoaster ride and 2 of my really good friends are displyaing "frienemy" type behavior!!!

Keeping a low profile and watching out for fireworks today :whistle:

Hope everyone has a great start to the weekend!

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey mornin, Dorothy :)

Hellz yeah it's Friday! I'm totally skipping work today to meet up with an old highschool friend who's in town for a visit. Haven't seen her in forever. And we're going for margaritas. How bad can that be?

Enjoy your Friday...

Sounds like a great Friday, Moody! Good to see you around!

Yay for friday!!

Have a great one everybody :)

I'm getting my 3 orphaned girl cats fixed today so we'll see how that goes....

Good luck with the kitties, Sara! Pineapple Princess is just adorable - that's such a sweet picture!!!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Woo, its early. My sister is moving into university today and I'm driving up there with her and my dad to get her settled in. She is still seething about her roommate moving into their room first, 5 days early in fact. I'm getting ready for the ultimate face-off between the two when we arrive. xD

I can't believe my sister is finally going to university. My Mom is so proud of us both (I'm in my 3rd year and this is her first), but she doesn't know what she is going to do with both of us out of the house now. :whistle:

ahlawy.jpg

l9v9m4.png

807bc02469.gif

"The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim]

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thoreau

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Timeline
(L) the new pix of Amera.

Contemplating staying for two more days and going up the last minute. Mom hurt my back moving stuff and sitting on a bus for 8 hours tomorrow doesn't seem like a great idea. I knew this would happen. Damn it! :angry:

Feel better Olivia! Can't believe that the school year is just around the corner...

Going to a 2 hour meeting at work. (call it womens intuition~something is going down and im afraid it is today) Work from 12-5 (i hope) then I think I will go buy some dates and 'morning food' ie. cheese, bread, fruit.

Hope you all have a great day!

You are in my thoughts Jackie!

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Speaking of dreams I had a dream last night that I caught 3 pythons outside my house and brought them into one of my little brothers reptile tanks but the snakes were so strong they could figure out how to open the tank, so i frantically searched for a place to come get them, WEIRD HUH???

ANYWHOOO.....I work 12-8 tonight. My usual Friday shift. Im so happy im almost done at this branch. September 1st is my first big day at MY VERY OWN branch lol... I work 7-330 tomorrow off sunday and work mon-wed and will be taking a mini vacation from wedneday-monday to throw my dad a surprise 50th bday party and to spend some time with my twin sister and her new baby,she will be spending a few days here at the house with us. Im so excited.

All of you who went thru the VJ baby boom with me or anyone who remembers from their kids..are/did any of you having problems with your kid hitting? Zaid had 3 time outs yesterday at day care for hitting the other boys and 3 when he got home. he will hit me in the face and then smile and try to hug me thinking he is cute. I dont know what else to do other than take him straight to the corner and make him stay there for 2 mins. I feel like he is the "bad" kid at daycare. lol The lady assures me it is normal and that most kids go thru it and that Zaid is an "angel" I just dont like him misbehaving that way

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline
Morning MENA. 'nother blah day here. 2wks from tonight we leave for NY. My sister in law is coming next Wed for a few days so i need to get some stuff done in the next 4 days so i dont leave it all for the last week.

Jess - time sure is flying! I can't believe that you got only two weeks left before your head back to NY. How long will you stay in US?

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Timeline
Morning Mena!

Hey Turia - how are you feeling these days?

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Timeline
Good morning and Happy Friday, MENA!

Everyone have a wonderful day, and be blessed.

Nagi,

Hope that heat is letting up by you. Wishing you a great day as well!

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Timeline

Good morning all.

Woke up with a sty on my eye and a canker sore on my tongue, bleh.

Not looking forward to Ramadan starting tomorrow. Hope this month goes by fast (for several reasons!).

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi Tamara! Thats sounds really exciting ~ have a great time!

Happy Friday! :energy: Going to Jerusalem on Hillcroft and Phonecia on Westheimer with Adam, my sister and her husband!!! :dance:

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.