MapleLeafBaby

If You Could Choose to Live in Any State, Which Would You Choose???

73 posts in this topic

The only states I have much memory of are California and Florida.

I will be living in California, and I'd choose to stay there :P

I love the food where my fiance lives, and they have a really good market for super cheap vegetables.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
But, I don't care for upstate NY in the least!

:o

But what about all those beautiful mountains and lakes? :crying: And snow. Lovely lovely snow. :lol:

Mountains? Or large hills? :lol: There's also the sinking economy, poor infrastructure and the funky Buffalo smell.

:unsure:

:lol:

Buffalo? You do know there are other places in NYS, don't you? The Adirondacks, Lake Placid, Lake George, Saratoga Springs, etc, etc, etc.

Mountains in Upstate NY:

WTR_SCE_080331171150.jpg

WTR_SCE_080331154137.jpg

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I love the food where my fiance lives, and they have a really good market for super cheap vegetables.

what part of CA would that be and which market...just trying to get familiar where I will be living..

thnx

I-130 Journey

04-18-09 - I-130 sent USPS Priority to Chicago Lockbox

04-24-09 - I-130 received by USCS and the first touch

04-27-09 - I-130 NOA1 (California Service Center)

04-27-09 - Check Cashed

08-13-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 e-mail

08-17-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

NVC Journey

08-17-09 - NVC Received/Case number assigned

09-08-09 - NVC sent the first mail to the petitioner

09-08-09 - DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated

09-08-09 - E-mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Pay AOS Bill (Online)

09-10-09 - AOS Bill Show as PAID

09-10-09 - IV Bill Generated

09-11-09 - Paid IV Bill

09-11-09 - NVC accepted DS-3032(received an e-mail)

09-12-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

09-14-09 - IV Bill Show as PAID

09-15-09 - I-864 received at NVC

09-16-09 - Mailed IV Package(DS-230)

09-17-09 - DS-230 package delivered to NVC(confirmed via fed-ex)

09-21-09 - NVC received the DS-230

09-23-09 - NVC sent an e-mail asking for DS-230 package

09-24-09 - NVC confirmed that the DS-230 package received

09-26-09 - Login Failed!!!

09-28-09 - Case Completed at NVC --------------------------------------------------NVC stage is completed in 38 days

01-27-10 - Medical

02-05-10 - Interview Date

04-14-10 - POE

Done with USCIS until Apr 14,2012 (Removal of Conditions)

what part of CA would that be and which market...just trying to get familiar where I will be living..

thnx

It's about 30 minutes southeast of LA.

I think it's called "Bestway". I'll have to double check though. It's a mexican supermarket.

They have such good fruit sales.

You can get 4lbs of grapefruit for 1 DOLLAR!

3lbs of green apples for a dollar, 20 limes for a dollar, 4lbs of tomatoes for a dollar, the list just goes on and on and on.

Great place.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

But what about all those beautiful mountains and lakes? :crying: And snow. Lovely lovely snow. :lol:

Mountains? Or large hills? :lol: There's also the sinking economy, poor infrastructure and the funky Buffalo smell.

Buffalo? You do know there are other places in NYS, don't you? The Adirondacks, Lake Placid, Lake George, Saratoga Springs, etc, etc, etc.

Mountains in Upstate NY:

WTR_SCE_080331171150.jpg

WTR_SCE_080331154137.jpg

I know Buffalo and its neighboring towns and Rochester and... That's pretty much it. I assumed NY state had nothing more to offer :lol: (well other than NYC)

I know Buffalo and its neighboring towns and Rochester and... That's pretty much it. I assumed NY state had nothing more to offer :lol: (well other than NYC)

Stop putting us to shame, Huggles! Your Tim Hortons card has been revoked! :lol:

P.S. I accidentally wrote Nuggles instead of Huggles. I think I like that name for you. :lol:

iagree.gif

Mountains in Upstate NY:

WTR_SCE_080331171150.jpg

WTR_SCE_080331154137.jpg

Snow is what I'm running away from, I've had enough of it :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Poprocks won't agree with me on this one but my favourite place in the US is DELAWARE...specifically the outskirts of Dover!! I've been to California several times and wouldn't want to live there, I've been to the Northeast a lot, New Jersey, Florida, N & S Carolina and Michigan/Ohio/Illinois a lot, but I found Delaware to be the best. It's clean, people are nice, more land for the money, NO TAXES!!! and I just get a great feeling when I am there. Even though I don't want to live in other states, I did enjoy myself and have no problems with them, I just like my Delaware. :)

Edited by brocku00

Sent I130 to Chicago - March 1, 2008

NOA 1- April, 2008

Transferred to California - April, 2008

NOA 2 - March 13, 2009 (lost for awhile)

NVC case number given - March 30, 2009

NVC case complete - April 25, 2009

Email for interview - July 3, 2009

Interview - August 12, 2009 DENIED!!

PROOF OF DOMICILE:

Package 1: sent August 13, 2009

Package 1: sent back August 23, 2009 -more proof needed

Package 2: sent September 3, 2009

Package 2: sent back Nov. 1, 2009 - more proof needed

Package 3: sent January 14, 2010

Package 3: APPROVED

Received VISA: MARCH 3, 2010!!!!!!

POE: Lewiston Bridge NY, March 4, 2010

SSN: ordered March 4, 2010

SSN: received March 17, 2010

GC Welcome Letter: March 16, 2010

GC Arrived: March 22, 2010

Citizenship Application Start Date: September 2011!!

Timeline

Stop putting us to shame, Huggles! Your Tim Hortons card has been revoked! :lol:

P.S. I accidentally wrote Nuggles instead of Huggles. I think I like that name for you. :lol:

That statement sounds oddly familiar... Like when I quit my Timmies job to move down here :lol:

I like nuggles, it reminds me of nuggets, which has been my guilty pleasure McDonald's food for the past 15 years.

I like nuggles, it reminds me of nuggets, which has been my guilty pleasure McDonald's food for the past 15 years.

OMG, that reminds me! :lol: I ordered Chicken Tenders at Burger King in the Nashville airport last week and they were horrible. :dead: Not a sign of chicken anywhere, so I started calling them Chicken Pretenders. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

OMG, that reminds me! :lol: I ordered Chicken Tenders at Burger King in the Nashville airport last week and they were horrible. :dead: Not a sign of chicken anywhere, so I started calling them Chicken Pretenders. :lol:

Eeek! Yeah the BK ones aren't the best. I always order the chicken fries on the rare occasion I eat there, they are super greasy but taste pretty good. I hate how most of the airport Wendy's don't sell nuggets! Its annoying and rather disappointing!

Eeek! Yeah the BK ones aren't the best. I always order the chicken fries on the rare occasion I eat there, they are super greasy but taste pretty good. I hate how most of the airport Wendy's don't sell nuggets! Its annoying and rather disappointing!

Wendy's has boneless wings now, have you tried them?

They're so good, and they're that yummy white meat that's like their chicken burgers, not the squished together spongy looking (but still good tasting) white meat that their nuggets are. :lol:

Timeline

Wendy's has boneless wings now, have you tried them?

They're so good, and they're that yummy white meat that's like their chicken burgers, not the squished together spongy looking (but still good tasting) white meat that their nuggets are. :lol:

mmm yes! They're great! I love the BBQ ones.

I seem like a fast food junkie right about now :lol:

Well, haven't had much travel yet. Seen all the West Coast states, and I'd probably want to move back to that direction, only because it's close to BC! If I moved to Washington, I could travel on the Clipper to Vancouver Island! That would be cool.

I like where I am now, but I haven't been here long enough to really consider it "home" and already I know I don't like the humidity! :lol:

I've never been to Colorado, but I want to see it for sure. I've a friend in Denver and he's a photographer, and I've seen the pic's hes done. Absolutely beautiful. I've been told by others that it's a great place to live. The climate is supposed to be good during the summer, and I'm not exactly sure about winter, but I think I've heard it's pretty mild, depending where you live.

I'm thinking though, I'll be living in SC for a long, long time, so there's no sense in hoping to move anywhere... :lol:

For another country: Canada for sure! Not sure about anywhere else though. Maybe Ireland, only because I love the landscape.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm trying to convince my husband we need to take skiing lessons this winter, so maybe that would be a good place to hit. He's lived in Colorado for 22 years and has never even attempted skiing! I need to help him change that.

I've been living in Colorado for 12 years and I'm with your husband, haven't skiied once and never plan on it. In fact I try and hibrinate when the snow hits. People here laugh at me saying that I moved to the wrong state over a decade ago and I agree. Eewwwwwww snow...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.