ScottThuy

Yahoo IM Chats at HCMC interview

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We have been chatting daily since we met in late 2008... if I print every chat it would make an encyclopedia look like cliffs notes... I have printed screen shots of the list of dates that the chats took place which is 6 pages of dates and her screenname along with mine... thats is just up till now.. I will likely have another 6 pages by the interview... How much of the chats should I print? Do I need to print the chats themselves?

I want to show as much proof of bonafide relationship as possible when she goes for the interview...

We have:

Several pictures of her and me and my son on holiday as well as many pics of Thuy and me on trips around VN.

Chats as mentioned above

A hundred or so of those famous VN wedding style pics with various hairstyles and clothes...

Phone log from phone service

Post cards showing cards sent both directions every other week

Will have pics from Dam Hoi in Nov.

Hotel receipts

Visa entry/exit stamps w/ boarding passes

Train tickets for all of us and Hydrafoil tickets as well

any ideas beyond this.. keep in mind this is HCMC that we are talking about

I have proof of when I occasionally send money, but I dont want to show that as I want them to see that she has a GOOD JOB and is leaving that and her family to be with me...By VN standards she has a very good life now.... I think this will look better than if she had a very poor paying job or no job and was relying on me sending money... make sense?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Give them a sampling of chats throughout your timeline.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

They average a couple pages or more per day except when she is at home and we use the voice feature and talk 98% of the time....If I do one a week that will only be 100 pages or so... it sucks that a significant portion of our communication is voice communication and only documented by general dates and times but no detail...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Give some text chats as well as a print out listing of all the voice chat sessions.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
Give some text chats as well as a print out listing of all the voice chat sessions.

:thumbs:

I want to take everything we 'need' but not go so far as I have read some folks do ... I read the other day about several binders full of info being taken to the inetrview... several hundred Photos and maybe a thousand pages of chats. I want to be clear and concise when she is interviewed and with what we provide them.. no sense spending time and money for somethings that have no impact on the CO.

I wish there was a way to know what they did with the supplemental packet I sent USCIS last month... add it to the intitial filing or trash it... if they added it, that may be the first front loaded notarized timeline of relationship and notarized evidence of ex's address prior to HCMC...

i printed all my chatlogs since 2006-2008, printed 4 per page and double sided. included emails and other stuffs i sent to my wife about 15lbs.

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Timeline
i printed all my chatlogs since 2006-2008, printed 4 per page and double sided. included emails and other stuffs i sent to my wife about 15lbs.

Did they look at them? 15 lbs... wow how many Reams of paper was that?

less than a ream,

20lbs a ream (500 sheets)

4 per page

double sided

they did go through most of them (i don't think they read all of them), bcoz when we got them back, most the paperclips weren't clip back the same position i clipped.

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Timeline
A good sampling of chats should be good but from what I have read about your case so far you will need a lot to get over the red flags so don't be stingy on the chats.

Its difficult for me to identify each red flag, but I think I have them addressed or have identified ways to address them.. Previous marriages ended after we met but we have documented divorce decrees and I have notarized documents showing proof of ex living apart from me,

I know I need to address the issue with her ex and the house book... Ho Khau.. He is no longer in it, but his name was there after we submitted the initial filing. I think I may need to have a few notarized statements from people saying he never lived there. any other ideas?

They may have issue with the fact that her son is not going with her initially.. no quit claim letter yet...

when it comes to communication, visits and those types of things no problems...

maybe duration of relationship before engaged 2 months after first meeting with 1 trip to visit in between.... together 7 months before filing... with 2 more visits...

we have common lnguage with her speaking english well and me learning her mother tongue...

she has met my son nd have plenty of pics.. and I have met all of her family with pics as well...

f there are red flags I am missing I need to adress them 4 sure.. feedback is always welcome...

I dont know if there is a program to extract call logs from yahoo or not. Skype have one, if you talk by Skype daily you can get the call logs in 2 years for couple pages

try google "yahoo chat logs" or "yahoo call logs" see any tool to extract the logs instead of capture screen

CR1 timeline:

11/2008: submit I130

11/15/2008: case sent to CSC

06/02/2009: uscis approval

08/05/2009: interview-get blue slip request timeline

08/25/2009: submit timeline - get denial blue slip

Không có gì quý hơn độc lập tự do."

Tôi biết nó, thằng nói câu nói đó

Tôi biết nó, đồng bào miền Bắc này biết nó

Việc nó làm, tội nó phạm ra sao

Nó đầu tiên đem râu nó bện vào

Hình xác lão Mao lông lá

Bàn tay Nga đầy băng tuyết giá

Cũng nhoài qua lục địa Trung Hoa

Không phải xoa đầu mà túm tóc nó từ xa

Nó đứng không yên, tất bật, điên đầu

Lúc rụi vào Tàu, lúc rúc vào Nga

Nó gọi Tàu Nga là cha anh nó Và tình nguyện làm con chó nhỏ

Xông xáo giữ nhà gác ngõ cho cha anh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Don't sweat the small stuff. The amount of chat doesn't really have much bearing on CO's decision. Some people with 30 pages of chat get pink and some people with 3000 pages of chat get blue. Print about 10 to 12 pages for each month; make sure top page of each day shows webcam screen capture. Redflag items could be a problem, but you are addressing them and dealing with them in advance which will give you a good fighting chance. Notarized statements from other people will help, and she has a new Ho khau without him listed correct?

Timeline
A good sampling of chats should be good but from what I have read about your case so far you will need a lot to get over the red flags so don't be stingy on the chats.

Its difficult for me to identify each red flag, but I think I have them addressed or have identified ways to address them.. Previous marriages ended after we met but we have documented divorce decrees and I have notarized documents showing proof of ex living apart from me,

I know I need to address the issue with her ex and the house book... Ho Khau.. He is no longer in it, but his name was there after we submitted the initial filing. I think I may need to have a few notarized statements from people saying he never lived there. any other ideas?

They may have issue with the fact that her son is not going with her initially.. no quit claim letter yet...

when it comes to communication, visits and those types of things no problems...

maybe duration of relationship before engaged 2 months after first meeting with 1 trip to visit in between.... together 7 months before filing... with 2 more visits...

we have common lnguage with her speaking english well and me learning her mother tongue...

she has met my son nd have plenty of pics.. and I have met all of her family with pics as well...

f there are red flags I am missing I need to adress them 4 sure.. feedback is always welcome...

Those are the big red flags I saw and will be tough. Glad you see them and being proactive about them. Personally I would just send a really good sampling of the chats and be prepared to print the others in case of blue for more proof of relationship stuff and bombard them.

Do not have to answer this if you don't want but what is the ages of you too. The meaning is what is the age difference?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

as i had said on the previous posting my fiance had her interview in may and was given a green sheet asking for timeline some affidavits and it stated any other thing as proof of a real relationship. i gathered all the different documents and we included some more pictures phone logs and about 20 pounds of chats. this was 12 months of yahoo chats . even though we use voice about 70 percent of the time. I shipped all to HCMC to her. she received it and took it to them at the consulate. the person receiving the items went through and pulled out just the notarized affidavits and told her they did not need the rest. even though the green form asked for more proof. so i don't know what to tell you as to what to take or send. I believe it is case by case I don't know. as for the timeline we had anticipated the need of a timeline from reading the posts here. so we had one ready for her interview in may. but they did not accept it at that time instead she was given the green sheet asking for a timeline and other documents.

so now we will wait and email them to see the status of our case and hope for pink at some point.

what else is there to do for we have complied with all of the requests

good luck

vie&art

Timeline
Those are the big red flags I saw and will be tough. Glad you see them and being proactive about them. Personally I would just send a really good sampling of the chats and be prepared to print the others in case of blue for more proof of relationship stuff and bombard them.

Do not have to answer this if you don't want but what is the ages of you too. The meaning is what is the age difference?

Ah screw it.. I'm going to start printing and just have her take a box of paper... :thumbs: I did just find the Call log in Yahoo IM and now I can Screen capture that data as well... wow, looking at the chat log, the call log, and the actual phone log its alot of daily communication in my book.. especially given the time difference...

Im 45 and she will be 30. not as bad as some of the guys I see in late 50's or even 60's and girls in early 20's... but not as close as others ages as well.... I think the fact that we worked together there and met through our employment may help...

NgocThuan his name was listed in the Ho Khau for a few years to get her son in school... he never lived there or even slept a single night in the house. I compare it to those on VJ that say they are living with parents to have a physical address...The name was removed as soon as I found out it was in there, but as we all know it will still show him in there for that time.. the guy is a real tool and has done everything he can to hinder us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.