Hanna&Mohamed

Wednesday

68 posts in this topic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Melinda! Your new baby is adorable! What a cutie! And I bet Amir is growing up so fast too!

Aya, Im praying for you girly. One day things will be better for you. Until then, be strong in your heart and in your love.

Ok, Houston ladies I gotta question for you all. Im dying to get Adam a special bday cake designed Egyptian style as a surprise for his Sept 1st bday. Is there any bakery around town that could free style something for me. I want a pyramid, palm tree and camel designed cake. Nothing from Walmart or like that. Im off for the next two days and Im looking into things, but Im nearly lost in my mind around this town!

You can try Phoenicia...it's in SW Houston, Westheimer, just past S. Kirkwood. They have a bakery. I'm not sure if they do specialty cakes, but the store is amazing for food-stuffs and it would not be a wasted trip. :) (The reason I suggest it is because there is one gentleman who works in the bakery...he's Romanian, but bakes special order cakes at home. I have ordered a favorite Hungarian cake from him several times and its always been great. He may be able to do something like a pyramid cake for you. His nam is Adrian Copaciu...I think if you go up to the bakery inside the store and ask for him, they can point him out to you.)

Also, you may try Droubi's...I think also a bakery.

7333 Hillcroft Street

Houston, TX 77081713 988 7138

Good luck.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Sara!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello Melinda! Your new baby is adorable! What a cutie! And I bet Amir is growing up so fast too!

Aya, Im praying for you girly. One day things will be better for you. Until then, be strong in your heart and in your love.

Ok, Houston ladies I gotta question for you all. Im dying to get Adam a special bday cake designed Egyptian style as a surprise for his Sept 1st bday. Is there any bakery around town that could free style something for me. I want a pyramid, palm tree and camel designed cake. Nothing from Walmart or like that. Im off for the next two days and Im looking into things, but Im nearly lost in my mind around this town!

You can try Phoenicia...it's in SW Houston, Westheimer, just past S. Kirkwood. They have a bakery. I'm not sure if they do specialty cakes, but the store is amazing for food-stuffs and it would not be a wasted trip. :) (The reason I suggest it is because there is one gentleman who works in the bakery...he's Romanian, but bakes special order cakes at home. I have ordered a favorite Hungarian cake from him several times and its always been great. He may be able to do something like a pyramid cake for you. His nam is Adrian Copaciu...I think if you go up to the bakery inside the store and ask for him, they can point him out to you.)

Also, you may try Droubi's...I think also a bakery.

7333 Hillcroft Street

Houston, TX 77081713 988 7138

Good luck.

Thanks! Ive only been to Westheimer one time so far and that was for dinner at the House of Kabob with my sister and brother in law. We passed by sooooo many middle eastern places there, but I never had time to go back. Im off for a few days so I might try to get over there.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Phoenicia is a bit far out on Westheimer (you should mapquest it to see how far from where you're at) but definitely worth the trip. It is like a huge supermarket filled with all sorts of ethnic grocery items....from fresh vegetables to the smallest obscure type of spice....and the prices are definitely reasonable. We love it!

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you guys. What a beautiful blessing!!

Our timeline:

September 29, 2005.......met online.

October and November 2006......was in Egypt with my sweetie.

November 1, 2006......We were married.

December 2006........I-130 filed

January 2007...........I-129 filed

April 2007................I-130 and I-129 approved

June 14, 2007.........Visa interview completed

December 2, 2007.....Home interview

February 12, 2008........Second interview

February 26, 2008....I was called by the embassy and was given a short interview over the phone and was told that my case will be moved forward and someone would contact my husband soon to send in his passport.

March 2, 2008......My husband was contacted by the embassy to send in his passport.

March 3, 2008......Passport sent by DHL.

March 4, 2008......Embassy received the passport.

March 18, 2008......VISA IN HAND!!! YEAH!!

August 15, 2008....filed I-485 adjustment of Status and I-765...Employment Authorization

October 14, 2008.....I-765...Employment Authorization approved, card received 1 month later.

January 15, 2009......Adjustment of Status interview for green card...approved!!! Received green card two weeks later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.