Is this too much to ask?

137 posts in this topic

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Whoa. So let me get this straight... They stayed at Peachy's Mom's cabin?? And they don't want her to be there at Xmas?

Dude your family has some serious issues... I do not see this turning out too good for you guys and for that I am truly sorry

Just make sure you put your future family (you and your wife) first. You are going to be a grown-up husband and dad some day and can't let your mom and sister hurt your family. Just put your foot down. If they want to be a part of your Christmas, then it's you and your soon-to-be wife who will make the rules. If they don't want to abide, then you'll see them later.

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Sometimes I wonder why I was invited to Christmas last year... we weren't engaged when the Christmas plans were made.

Also, on my walk I thought of this:

If Jesus had a brother, and that brother was moving his fiance to Jerusalem and his fiance's mom was helping them move. Jesus surely would invite the mom to his birthday party!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Timeline
Sometimes I wonder why I was invited to Christmas last year... we weren't engaged when the Christmas plans were made.

Also, on my walk I thought of this:

If Jesus had a brother, and that brother was moving his fiance to Jerusalem and his fiance's mom was helping them move. Jesus surely would invite the mom to his birthday party!

I was going to say something really inappropriate... then i decided not to :innocent: ... Which means i am going like this :girlwerewolf2xn:

sister Peachey --- this is your new life. You and fiancee will chart the course of dignity and respect as a new family unit. I think you are in for a rocky, but strong start.

Since May, I've been arguing with them over this, trying to get them to see that they are being irrational and rude. I can not get them to explain themselves sufficiently, and I'm afraid that we'll will have to skip Christmas this year.

I would stop debating this with them, now, and let them know, definitively, that you shall not be attending under these circumstances. Perhaps their ministers will give inspiring Thanksgiving sermons and their consciences will convict them. I am sorry they have put you in this position. (F)

iagree.gif

I would stop debating this with them, now, and let them know, definitively, that you shall not be attending under these circumstances. Perhaps their ministers will give inspiring Thanksgiving sermons and their consciences will convict them. I am sorry they have put you in this position. (F)

I have his mom's pastor's email address...

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Varba and Peachy,

I agree with Krikit on this.. stop arguing, just tell them straight out that you feel they are be rude and unreasonable..you will not be attending the gathering and you are very sorry that they cant see their error in this situation and that you will not be able to spend christmas together..the end.

How can they not understand that peachy's mother is getting ready to see her daughter LEAVE THE COUNTRY! of course she would want to spend every minute she can with her during her stay there? WOW, im so sorry. I thought my step mom pulled some shitty stuff, this takes the cake really. (F)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Ministers design their sermons to address the needs of the congregants. Extended families who share their heartache sometimes provide the inspiration to address those needs without singling people out. If you have his email address I assume he has shared it for a reason. If you feel the need for some counselling, he is there to help. This is an important matter with serious consequences. There are going to be heavy hearts on all sides if this does not get resolved. Speak to someone if you feel the need. I wish you well. (F)

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just so no one gets the wrong idea, typically my mother and sister are kind and caring people. Just for some reason they have gone off the deep end on this.

My mom and sister would probably be MORE open it was a stranger off the street, or a random orphan/refugee I was helping. In fact, in the past we've had people who were were helping attend our Christmases.

Correction - typically they are kind and caring people to you.

There is this phenomenon which I call 'Sister syndrome' - where the Sister of a guy totally resents the Brother's new wife. This apparently, in this case, has extended to your Mother as well.

Some woman are very territorial and possessive when it comes to their families (everyone knows this) - you may not have seen this before, if you have never been married before.

In pondering this I don't really see it as an affront to peachy's Mother (although as an aside of course it is) - it's her they are trying to exclude and hurt - not her Mother.

Correction - typically they are kind and caring people to you.

There is this phenomenon which I call 'Sister syndrome' - where the Sister of a guy totally resents the Brother's new wife. This apparently, in this case, has extended to your Mother as well.

Some woman are very territorial and possessive when it comes to their families (everyone knows this) - you may not have seen this before, if you have never been married before.

In pondering this I don't really see it as an affront to peachy's Mother (although as an aside of course it is) - it's her they are trying to exclude and hurt - not her Mother.

I don't know, if she really resented me she wouldn't' chat with me everyday on AIM or have agreed to be in my wedding party. Although I am re-considering her being in the wedding at this point.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't know, if she really resented me she wouldn't' chat with me everyday on AIM or have agreed to be in my wedding party. Although I am re-considering her being in the wedding at this point.

Ohh lovely, do not be fooled! Believe me, do not be fooled. I just got duped by someone I knew for 4 years. She chatted with me lots and lots once upon a time...

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Ohh lovely, do not be fooled! Believe me, do not be fooled. I just got duped by someone I knew for 4 years. She chatted with me lots and lots once upon a time...

BTW, Varba saw your avatar the other day and his reaction was "OH! She helped us before, I like her!" hehe. But I'm sure he likes everyone here :P

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi All!

Something I need objective opinions about here.

If everything goes to plan and I get my visa by December, I am planning on moving down to the US on December 26-27. My mom being the nice person she is (and being my mother) wants to help me move and stay for a week to help get me settled.

Here's the problem. Christmas with my in-laws is scheduled for Jan 1 (These people like to schedule so much it scares me). My mother will still be in town for the Christmas celebration. My fiance's mother and sister are insisting that my mom not be invited to Christmas. This completely baffles my mind because if his family was up here for Christmas they would be invited to everything.

The MIL and SIL have started to compromise by saying that she can hang out with us all day but has to leave when it's time to eat dinner and open presents... which I find extremely rude.

I just don't understand, what's the big deal? The SIL is saying it's because she doesn't get to see us too often so just wants it to be us.

My mom is very important to me and I won't get to see her until I get my AP at least, which can be like 3 months.

My fiance is on my side here, but can't seem to get through to his mom or sister. His dad just kinda sits there until something blows up then he takes charge.

Am I asking too much to have my mom included in the Christmas festivities?

Keep in mind my fiance's family are VERY Christian people.

Always remember that you could have several fiance's over your life time; but only 1 mother.

JNR

Oh Peachy, my heart is breaking here when I read what you and Varba have said. I posted earlier, but it seems to get worse and worse the more I think about it, and of course with more information. How could you ever, even if they did say, okay, she's welcome now...go there? I hope you're not telling your Mom right now any of this information, oh how hurt she would be!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.