Ihavequestions

Tuesday

69 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Nagi- I haven't had to go through what you did today and I can only imagine the sorrow you must feel. You did what you had to do and I know it was hard. (F)

Angie- Great news! I have been working on losing some myself and was doing well for a while. You inspired me to get back on the bandwagon- although now with Ramadan coming up I am not sure if I will get completely on the wagon just yet...lol

Spiders- ewww! I can so relate! I would have done the exact same thing myself! lol

Ok- about me- Just in the last hour I have had this HUGE panic- We are in AP hell and out of the blue I started to think "What if they do not approve this?" "What will we do then?" I bawled my eyes out and I can still feel my nerves all tense. I am soooo freaking out right now. There is nothing that makes me believe this will happen- it is just the hell AP puts you through... that NOT KNOWING. Not knowing is killing me. I am such a basket case.... :crying: To top things off, he is living pretty much as a refugee and having issues with money and where to sleep and I am soooo worried about him and feeling soooooo helpless.

Okay, that felt better to tell someone. Thanks.

Baj

ah. the longing....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Household:

If you don’t have clean undies - wash a load

If its 95 degrees, you know I worked in 2 different counties, drove nearly 100 miles in 1 day - can you initiate making dinner, I don’t care if its crappy grilled cheese - at least you tried instead of waiting for me to do it when I get home.

You take showers - would it kill you to clean out the tub....ONCE?

Your home all day - introduce yourself to the swiffer wet jet

Do I honestly have to tell you to take the garbage out - u see its overflowing ...

By all means, I’m not saying take over but help out a little. I appreciate more that he at least try and not get it right vs. not doing anything at all.

Employment:

I truly think he thinks a job will fall outta the sky & into his lap. Ok there’s not much you can do with out the EAD & its coming. However, instead of spending 12 -14 hours in bed a day & still wanting to relax when you do get up - do something. I feel I’ve truly done all I can do short of taking to employers for him about possible employment options. He does have some goals such as wanting to apply for his CDL license in hopes of getting a driving position ...but I don’t see any effort to realize that goals either.

So I guess I’m feeling frustrated with how some of things are going or not going. Thanks for listening ... :blush:

Have you sat down with him when you're both fed, not tired and had a nice calm discussion about all of this? I am not familiar with Tunisian men but if they're anything like most (not all) Egyptian men, they have been waited on hand and foot since they were in the womb. Seriously. I lucked out somewhat because my husband actually lived on his own for a few months and was forced to do things like cook, do laundry, etc. but life for him had been different I think I'd be in your shoes.

I think if you sit with him and have a heart to heart and REALLY let him know how much you need his help, it might change things a bit. Does he go to a mosque at all? Maybe it would help if he went and spoke to other men about what it's like here.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Baj---keep your faith sister....keep your faith.

Angel and Prince----I agree with IHQ. Let him know you need help now. My hubby is spoiled to some extent but he will do anything I ask him to if I ask him. He will also be very lazy if I let him. So, sometimes I have actually went a little nuts. Not really on him but everybody in the house. I get home from working very hard and concentrating all day and there are crumbs in the kitchen floor, dishes in the sink, toys throughout the house. If I raise my voice everybody in the home starts working. I am not suggesting you do this but get a grip on it now. You don't want to wait as long as I did to get some help. Good luck!

Nagi--I'm sorry about your dog. We lost our little Pooh almost a year ago and we miss him every day.

Amanda---good luck with the CS. In my hometown we don't have to pay either. I think my ex is about $700 behind due to being laid off several times this year. It gets hard and sometimes you just don't think it's right. I want to say to my kids when they try and play the I want to live with dad because you are strict, lol. I want to say...hey, you are lucky you have me...I make you be respectful and I make sure you have what you need even if we have to pay bills late or run low on groceries and he would never do that. I just bite my tongue...it's not worth hurting their little feelings for my anger towards him. Best wishes on this. I feel for you.

For me I was in Epic training until after 5pm tonight. Just got back about an hour ago. Man, it was a long, boring day. My mind is on overkill right now. So far, I have checked with mom and my little one is doing great. Besides the fact that his father dropped him off in sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt he was clean and fed and happy. (why?, why?, why, can't I get him to understand Malek doesn't feel cold like he does). I am still missing my little one. This is the longest I have been away from him. I can't wait to see all of my kids and give them a big hug and kiss.

Well, I am off to have desert with ummsqueakster. Have an awesome night! I am enjoying this Wisconsin weather!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Tuesday ladies! :energy:

Heres something that brought back memories!

I OWE MY MOTHER!!

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE. "If you're going

to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION. "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL. "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4. My mother taught me LOGIC. "Because I said so, that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC. "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT. "Make sure you wear clean

underwear, in case you're in an accident."

7. My mother taught me IRONY. "Keep crying and I'll give you

something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM. "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA. "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12. My mother ! taught me about HYPOCRISY. "If I told you once, I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE. "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION. "Stop acting like your father!"

15. My mother taught me about ENVY. "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION. "Just wait until we get home."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING "You are going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE. "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP. "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOR. "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. "! If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

22. My mother taught me GENETICS. "You're just like your father."

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS. Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me WISDOM. "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

25. And my favorite: - My mother taught me about JUSTICE. "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I OWE MY MOTHER!!

2. My mother taught me RELIGION. "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL. "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC. "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM. "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA. "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12. My mother ! taught me about HYPOCRISY. "If I told you once, I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE. "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION. "Stop acting like your father!"

15. My mother taught me about ENVY. "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING "You are going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE. "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP. "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOR. "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. "! If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS. Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

25. And my favorite: - My mother taught me about JUSTICE. "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.

That sounds Erma Bombeck

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:thumbs:

I OWE MY MOTHER!!

something to cry about."

Untitled.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Happy Tuesday MENA. I stayed home from work, I have a HORRIBLE shoulder pain. It was kind of stupid thing and so not above telling you all how dumb it was :blush: Actually, it's pretty funny now that I look back on it, so here's a laugh on me.

Okay so Sunday night I saw a spider crawling under my bed (I don't mind spiders as long as they are on the ceiling, in the corner, not bothering anyone). So I started to panic a little, but I decided I would just ignore it. Anyhow I was pulling my sheets and blankets down from my bed, preparing to get in bed when................I felt this creepy crawling thing on my foot and leg. I screamed bloody murder and tripped over a book on the floor and hit my shoulder on the side of my night stand. Turns out.....it was a string hanging from my pajama bottoms tickling my leg. :wacko:

So there it is....I never did find out what happened to the spider. I bet one of my cats got it. :yes:

Prayers, big-up's and hugs going out to all that need it. Have a good Tuesday.

Sharifah

I saw in another thread that you got some pain meds and were feeling better, but I just wanted to share a story to let you know you're not dumb: One night when I was a teenager, I was sleeping in my room in the basement and I had a really bad headache. After a long time, I finally fell asleep. When I woke up, it was pitch black except for a hint of light shining through a ground-level window, and I felt something heavy on my chest. My heart started beating fast, and then almost stopped as I looked down my nose at the thing that was sitting on my chest. Light from the window glinted off of... scales?! Suddenly, I knew it was a snake, a HUGE snake; it had crawled through one of the ground-level windows and crawled onto my chest for warmth! My mind raced, trying to figure out how I would get this huge snake off my chest before it bit me in the face, or before it sensed my pounding heart through the blanket. Finally, I fought against the fear that had paralyzed me, and with my hands beneath the blanket, I hurled the snake off of me with all my strength, and held my breath as it crashed into the wall on the other side of the room. In the dim light, I thanked God for allowing me to survive this potentially fatal attack by... a gel cold pack? Yeah, not a snake at all, but one of these: http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00B...-Gel-Pack-1.jpg :lol::blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Awww.....Amy, thanks for making me feel like I'm not such a dink! Although, I must admit that this isn't the first time I have let my mind get the best of me.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.