marklovetina

to all the filipinas...

84 posts in this topic

sige lang sis kung yan ang paniniwala mo.... want to remind you na walang record sa nso ang kasal namin ng asawa ko ngayon.

Sis your first marriage is still considered valid in the Philippines because divorce between Filipinos, wherever secured and even if with the consent of both spouses, is not recognized under Philippine laws. In other words, as far as the Philippines is concerned, the second marriage is null and void...

Sis, how come the 2nd marriage is null and void when there's no record in the NSO?

To Jom:

Thanks sa advice, yup since my ex and i separated way back 1989 ay hindi talaga ako nag-invest. Anyway, yung dati naming property ay naka-transfer na rin sa anak namin, at nag-promise din ako na di ako maghahabol sa binili nyang property with his partner alang-alang for their 2 kids. I'll see to it na ma-annul muna ang kasal namin ng ex ko before investing property back in the Philippines if ever we plan to invest.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"joms" information seems to be the most accurate... so walls1010, curious lang ako sa batas natin, you had your first marriage in the philippines, tapos you got married to a non-filipino a 2nd time in hongkong, which you did not report to the NSO. na-annul ba yung first marriage mo dun sa pinoy bago ka humingi ng divorce decree?

(ang pinsan ko kasi in the same situation so hindi pa sya makapag decide kung ano ang gagawin)

Just a simple analysis, no offense meant to walls1010:

If walls1010 previous husband is a filipino and they got married in the philippines then her 1st marriage is still valid. In case her previous husband get hold of her present marriage certificate (2nd marriage), he could file a case of bigamy to her since she is still legally married to her husband in the phillipines. Though a divorce had been filed in hongkong, it is not recognized in our country.

Technically, she is committing bigamy under the philippines law.

I'm no lawyer and i could be wrong...

No, the filipino husband can't file a bigamy case against her because she got married to the USC here in the US. Criminal cases are territorial, if the act is not committed in the Philippines, our criminal courts have no jurisdiction over it.

I would disagree in this one... "Philippine laws on marriage govern a Filipino wherever he/she is in the world. In other words, any marriage solemnized outside the Philippines has legal repercussions here."

Let's hope the previous husband won't file criminal case against her.

Civil oo, but criminally NOPE... of which bigamy falls under criminal case. I remember during the review where sabi nung reviewer namin sa criminal law na kung hindi na talaga makapag-antay sa annulment and nangangati ng mag-pakasal ulit, pumunta ng Hongkong and dun magpakasal para hindi siya makasohan ng bigamy. As in ang kasal po ay not within the Philippine Consulate ha.... sa Criminal Case po kasi nag-aaply ang "territorialism". Ang tanong agad, saan na-commit and crime? Kung outside Pinas nagpakasal, walang bigamy. Pero sa Civilly, dun naman siya madadale... Dyan po pumapasok yong "as long as FIlipino citizen ka, saklaw ka ng batas ng Pilipinas sa Family Relations (Civil).

Kung me abogado dito, paki-korek na lang ako, kasi 2008 BAR flunker po ako. So, mas kapani-paniwala kung mangagaling sa BAR passer o abogado.

February 2006 - File Petition, Approved

May 2006 - Medical, Interview, VISA on hand

September 2006 - Set foot prints in the chilly icy JFK, NYC

December 2006 - Civil Wedding

March 2007 - File AOS

June 29, 2007 - Temporary Green Card

I-751

May 30, 2009 - Priority Mail with Confirmation Receipt I-751 Packet

June 1, 2009 - Packed Received by USCIS around 4PM (per USPS Confirmation Delivery Receipt) - now, what's next?

June 2, 2009 - I-797C Receipt Date (Time 21:07....are they operating 24 hours???)

June 3, 2009 - Cashed Check/Bank Cleared

June 4, 2009 - USCIS Postage Date

June 5, 2009 - Local Post Office Receipt date (so, its been sitting on our mail box in house #2 for 5 days...)

June 11, 2009 - Got it! 1 year extension notice......

June 18, 2009 - Received Biometrics schedule

July 10, 2009 - Biometrics Day (cancelled/re-sched)

July 23, 2009 - Biometrics day

November 2, 2009 - Approved

November 5, 2009 - Received via Mail "Approval Notice"

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

"joms" information seems to be the most accurate... so walls1010, curious lang ako sa batas natin, you had your first marriage in the philippines, tapos you got married to a non-filipino a 2nd time in hongkong, which you did not report to the NSO. na-annul ba yung first marriage mo dun sa pinoy bago ka humingi ng divorce decree?

(ang pinsan ko kasi in the same situation so hindi pa sya makapag decide kung ano ang gagawin)

If walls1010 previous husband is a filipino and they got married in the philippines then her 1st marriage is still valid. In case her previous husband get hold of her present marriage certificate (2nd marriage), he could file a case of bigamy to her since she is still legally married to her husband in the phillipines. Though a divorce had been filed in hongkong, it is not recognized in our country.

No, the filipino husband can't file a bigamy case against her because she got married to the USC here in the US. Criminal cases are territorial, if the act is not committed in the Philippines, our criminal courts have no jurisdiction over it.

I would disagree in this one... "Philippine laws on marriage govern a Filipino wherever he/she is in the world. In other words, any marriage solemnized outside the Philippines has legal repercussions here."

Civil oo, but criminally NOPE... of which bigamy falls under criminal case. I remember during the review where sabi nung reviewer namin sa criminal law na kung hindi na talaga makapag-antay sa annulment and nangangati ng mag-pakasal ulit, pumunta ng Hongkong and dun magpakasal para hindi siya makasohan ng bigamy. As in ang kasal po ay not within the Philippine Consulate ha.... sa Criminal Case po kasi nag-aaply ang "territorialism". Ang tanong agad, saan na-commit and crime? Kung outside Pinas nagpakasal, walang bigamy. Pero sa Civilly, dun naman siya madadale... Dyan po pumapasok yong "as long as FIlipino citizen ka, saklaw ka ng batas ng Pilipinas sa Family Relations (Civil).

Kung me abogado dito, paki-korek na lang ako, kasi 2008 BAR flunker po ako. So, mas kapani-paniwala kung mangagaling sa BAR passer o abogado.

hahahhha.. wow yan ang gusto kong sagot!!!! dahila ng gusto kong malaman eh kung meron pedeng ihabol ang isang aswa legal na aswa d2 sa pilipinas kc kawawa namn pala kung wala!!!!!

oi ok lang un kc mahirpa namn talga ang law.... ung lola ko law din from u.p sya.... kya alng matanda na un eh ehhehee....kuha ka ulit bka makuha mo na second time hehehe... Goodluck!!!

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Hindi ako nag-file ng bigamy against my ex when he married his woman #3 in 1997, instead i went abroad and work, it took me a long years (were separated since 1989) before i realize na ayaw kong mag-isa and not because of what you're saying makati kaya ako nag-file ng divorce which was granted year 2002. Don't be judgemental to other pinay who went abroad and filed a divorce because you don't know them personally or what they went through or what the real story behind them. Be thankful coz' God gave you a faithful husband. I'm happy and very thankful to God for having my now husband coz' he's the exact opposite of my ex. By the way, hindi kami mahilig sa sinasabi mong makati, we're both too old for that, we're happy and contented with each other's company.

Edited by walls1010

Naturalization

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

chizkeyk,

may mga filipino couples that their marriage was taken place in pinas before they migrated here in america and after a few years they got divorce and now they're both married to someone else (pinoy at pinay pa rin ang pinakasalan nila dito sa america)...do you still call them makati? do you think they will bother to go back in pinas to waste their time and money to sue each other for bigamy?

Edited by walls1010

Naturalization

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Hindi ako nag-file ng bigamy against my ex when he married his woman #3 in 1997, instead i went abroad and work, it took me a long years (were separated since 1989) before i realize na ayaw kong mag-isa and not because of what you're saying makati kaya ako nag-file ng divorce which was granted year 2002. Don't be judgemental to other pinay who went abroad and filed a divorce because you don't know them personally or what they went through or what the real story behind them. Be thankful coz' God gave you a faithful husband. I'm happy and very thankful to God for having my now husband coz' he's the exact opposite of my ex. By the way, hindi kami mahilig sa sinasabi mong makati, we're both too old for that, we're happy and contented with each other's company.

:lol::lol::lol: ... hehehe dont be mad wall1010 kc ang thread na to ay di ko ginawa para lang sayo... ikaw ang nagopen ng buhay mo d2 kya nabulat-lat kung ano ang meron ka... at piang-usapan ng iba...wag ka gagalit o maiinis kc po ang gusto ko d2ng makita ng tao ay kung pano nila yun ginagawa at kung ano ang mga consequences ng mga ginawa nila at kapulutan nila ito ng aral... alam naman natin lahat na tanggap ng mga tao ang ganitong gawain infact as u say i agreed na madami gumawa na at nagawa pa rin until now... ung iba oo me dahilan kung bakit nila ginawa pero para sa wlang dahilan na gumawa ng ganito ay kapulutan ng aral .. na di naman criminal case e pede pla ang civil case... ska di naman pinatungkol sayo ang word na makati... oki....

NOTE: PLS. BE CAREFUL PO SA MGA NAGPOPOST KC DPAT UNG MGA MASELAN AT KOMPLIKADONG BAGAY AY DI PINOPOST D2 SA INTERNET....

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

For purposes of remarriage, there must be a court order declaring the marriage as null and void. Entering into a subsequent marriage without such court declaration means that..(a) the subsequent marriage is void..and (B) the parties open themselves to a possible charge of Bigamy..

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Yes you are correct.

2004 Bar Passer

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Yes you are correct.

2004 Bar Passer

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

happyme,

hindi ako galit....ayaw na ayaw ko lang sa mga taong judgemental at sarcastic na kagaya nyo ni chizkeyk. hindi rin ako nahihiyang isambulat ang nakaraan ko dahil yun ang katotohanan. ang sa akin lang ay don't be judgemental at baka mag-bounce back sa inyo.

para maging clear pa sa inyong 2 ni chizkeyk, ay may isa akong kapitbahay dito na retired pinay nurse. nakuha niya rito yung pinoy na asawa niya but later on nambabae ito, she send him back sa pinas then after a couple of months saka siya nag-file ng divorce dito sa america. after 3 yrs mending her broken heart she found someone else and got married. though her ex in pinas tried to sue her ng bigamy pero walang nangyari dahil (like jom's previous post) hindi nasasakupan ng batas ng pinas ang ginawang pagpapakasal ng pinay nurse dito sa america lalo pa't wala namang record ng kasal nila sa nso ng pangalawang asawa niya na 27 yrs na silang kasal.

ipinabasa ko sa kanya ang thread na ito at napailing na lang siya sa inyong 2 ni chizkeyk....sabay sabing napaka-mean niyo daw :P

Naturalization

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

happyme,

hindi ako galit....ayaw na ayaw ko lang sa mga taong judgemental at sarcastic na kagaya nyo ni chizkeyk. hindi rin ako nahihiyang isambulat ang nakaraan ko dahil yun ang katotohanan. ang sa akin lang ay don't be judgemental at baka mag-bounce back sa inyo.

para maging clear pa sa inyong 2 ni chizkeyk, ay may isa akong kapitbahay dito na retired pinay nurse. nakuha niya rito yung pinoy na asawa niya but later on nambabae ito, she send him back sa pinas then after a couple of months saka siya nag-file ng divorce dito sa america. after 3 yrs mending her broken heart she found someone else and got married. though her ex in pinas tried to sue her ng bigamy pero walang nangyari dahil (like jom's previous post) hindi nasasakupan ng batas ng pinas ang ginawang pagpapakasal ng pinay nurse dito sa america lalo pa't wala namang record ng kasal nila sa nso ng pangalawang asawa niya na 27 yrs na silang kasal.

ipinabasa ko sa kanya ang thread na ito at napailing na lang siya sa inyong 2 ni chizkeyk....sabay sabing napaka-mean niyo daw :P

nop.. wall 1010 were not being judgemental here as u can read my post for u awhile ago... hope u understand it.... be sport sis... hehehehehehe.. ska wla namn akong piki-alam sa mga example mo eh kc ang sa akin gusto ko lang patunayan na may case para jan... di man criminal case eh civil.. the bottom is case pa rin dba... kc sa mga post mo as u will read back it again lumalabas don na ok lang at wala.... ang sa akin pano ang mga naiwan d2 sa pinas na di dapat namn palitan at iwanan... un lang po at slamat... peace girl!!!!

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

happyme,

Ayon sa pagkakaintindi ko a divorce obtained by a former Filipino who had been naturalized in another country after his/her naturalization, as it might open the door to rich Filipinos’ obtaining naturalization abroad for no other reason than to be able to divorce their Filipino spouse (Handbook on the Family Code of the Philippines, 1995 Ed., p. 30)...However, this provision was later interpreted by the supreme court to include cases involving parties who, at the time of the celebration of the marriage were Filipino citizens, but later on, one of them becomes naturalized as a foreign citizen and obtains a divorce decree. The reckoning point is not the citizenship of the parties at the time of marriage, but their citizenship at the time a valid divorce is obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating the latter to remarry..so i believe you with that statement...

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

sige lang sis kung yan ang paniniwala mo.... want to remind you na walang record sa nso ang kasal namin ng asawa ko ngayon.

Sis your first marriage is still considered valid in the Philippines because divorce between Filipinos, wherever secured and even if with the consent of both spouses, is not recognized under Philippine laws. In other words, as far as the Philippines is concerned, the second marriage is null and void...

Sis, how come the 2nd marriage is null and void when there's no record in the NSO?

To Jom:

Thanks sa advice, yup since my ex and i separated way back 1989 ay hindi talaga ako nag-invest. Anyway, yung dati naming property ay naka-transfer na rin sa anak namin, at nag-promise din ako na di ako maghahabol sa binili nyang property with his partner alang-alang for their 2 kids. I'll see to it na ma-annul muna ang kasal namin ng ex ko before investing property back in the Philippines if ever we plan to invest.

To walls1010:

I am just very curious...did you have your K1visa interview in the US Embassy in Manila or in the US Embassy in Hongkong?

Myla

Removal of Conditions :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys----wish this can help with regards to CENOMAR AND CEMAR and its distinction...

I got this reply directly from NSo online assistance and this is their email..they simply reply u back a day after...

"e-census@census.gov.ph" <e-census@census.gov.ph>

Dear Ms. Daisy

Thank you for your e-mail.

The request for the issuance of the Certificate of No Marriage Record

(CENOMAR) will result to an Advisory on Marriage (AOM), or what is more

commonly known as the Certificate of Marriage (CEMAR). This is because even if

a certain marriage has been annulled, it is still included in the National

Indices of Marriage of the National Statistics Office (NSO). The annotated

marriage record, where the statement regarding the court decree of annulment

is indicated, should accompany the said document result. The NSO does not make

annotations on the AOM/CEMAR.

We hope the above would be of help in addressing your concerns.

Thank you.

Yours truly,

e-Census Operations

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

06-22-2009 ---- NOA1 09-18-2009 ---- NOA2

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

12-04-2009 ---- Interview 12-12-2009 ---- Visa Received

12-18-2009 ---- Flight to US via PAL ...POE - LAX

03-02-2010 ---- SSN and State ID

---AOS TIMELINE---

02-09-2010 ---- Mailed AOS( 485, 864, 131, 765, 1145)

02-12-2010 ---- AOS Package Received by DHS-USCIS

02-18-2010 ---- E-Notification, SMS and NOA Hardcopy Received

03-15-2010 ---- Biometrics Appointment in Milwaukee, WI

04-09-2010 ---- Authorization for Parole/Travel Dox Received

04-16-2010 ---- EAD Card Received

05-12-2010 ---- Interview Schedule in Milwaukee..PASSED!!! Thank You Lord!

05-17-2010 ---- Welcome Notice arrived in mail

06-01-2010 ---- Received Instruction Permit Card from DMV

06-10-2010 ---- 2-yr. GC/PRC arrived today in the mail..SALAMAT PO LORD!

12-12-2010 ---- Got my DMV License

happyme,

Ayon sa pagkakaintindi ko a divorce obtained by a former Filipino who had been naturalized in another country after his/her naturalization, as it might open the door to rich Filipinos' obtaining naturalization abroad for no other reason than to be able to divorce their Filipino spouse (Handbook on the Family Code of the Philippines, 1995 Ed., p. 30)...However, this provision was later interpreted by the supreme court to include cases involving parties who, at the time of the celebration of the marriage were Filipino citizens, but later on, one of them becomes naturalized as a foreign citizen and obtains a divorce decree. The reckoning point is not the citizenship of the parties at the time of marriage, but their citizenship at the time a valid divorce is obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating the latter to remarry..so i believe you with that statement...

The reckoning point is the citizenship at the time of marriage not at the time of naturalization, therefore the future acquisition of a foreign citizenship will not retroact and give the naturalized citizen the option to obtain a divorce decree ...the only way is still annulment. As long as the marriage is not annuled in the Philippine court, the same will subsist.

On the other hand, a lot of Filipinos have remarried after obtaining a divorce decree here without annuling their marriages in the Philippines. I have a number of clients in Chicago who are Dipolognons who filed for divorce here and have their husbands sign the divorce papers in Dipolog( before I relocated here ). Their husbands have their own relationships too. Bottomline is, when two people can no longer stay married being apart, why force it. It is complicated, especially where there are kids and properties involve but the people I know are happier now with their new partners.

Yes, we are bound by our family laws but personally I believe divorce should be recognized in our country because its the faster option. Our laws try to protect and preserve marriage but lets face it, our culture has changed so much. Some relationships just dont work and not everyone can afford an annulment so instead of going the legal way, most would just separate and be with other people without their marriages dissolved.

Good day everyone. :)

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.