sweetness

BLUE SLIPPED WAIVER FEES JAMAICA

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Somebody help me out here $945.00 USD! :wow: Oh lord what is really going on with in this world today. don't they know you had to pay for the K1 & I-130 and the NVC bill, OH LORD SOMEBODY PINCH ME! if he comes on the K1 you will end up paying $1000 more to adjust his status again?

Ok i think its time for an intervention!! :yes:

MsSheka - The $945 has absolutely nothing to do with the K1, I-130 - It is a waiver fee - he is ineligible to receive a visa based on his past actions, and those fees are to file a waiver to attempt to get them to overlook the problem.

ok past actions :whistle: i got it now

Somebody help me out here $945.00 USD! :wow: Oh lord what is really going on with in this world today. don't they know you had to pay for the K1 & I-130 and the NVC bill, OH LORD SOMEBODY PINCH ME! if he comes on the K1 you will end up paying $1000 more to adjust his status again?

MsSheka - The $945 has absolutely nothing to do with the K1, I-130 - It is a waiver fee - he is ineligible to receive a visa based on his past actions, and those fees are to file a waiver to attempt to get them to overlook the problem.

well the bright side is he gets a second chance at his visa legally :thumbs:

Yes, you are right. I try to stay positive and look at it that way. It's just all the time that it takes for this process really get to me. I don't understand y this process is so long. They need to hire ppl to adjudicate these cases and unite more families. I understand not everyone have good intentions, however, not everyone is a criminal either. This process is very exhausting. I pray for all to have a speedy reunion with their love ones and properous life together. We all must hang in there and put God before everything.. .............................. ONE LOVE PEACE AND BLESSINGS (L)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes, you are right. I try to stay positive and look at it that way. It's just all the time that it takes for this process really get to me. I don't understand y this process is so long. They need to hire ppl to adjudicate these cases and unite more families. I understand not everyone have good intentions, however, not everyone is a criminal either. This process is very exhausting. I pray for all to have a speedy reunion with their love ones and properous life together. We all must hang in there and put God before everything.. .............................. ONE LOVE PEACE AND BLESSINGS (L)

Sweetness, I am so sorry you are going through this - But I am sorry, I don't have a lot of sympathy in your case - The very reason why this process is so long and frustrating for those of us who try to do things the right way is a direct result of actions like those of your SO -

To quote from your post:

He was detained at the airport and sentenced 6mos. for attempting to enter with falsified documents. That's where the waivers come in and the fees Total $1,090 for two waivers. He was only blue slipped for not having his medical complete-----------blue slipped meaning--a slip to return once completed.

I really don't see where you have room to complain - He committed a crime, falsified documents, and tried to circumvent the visa process in the past - Plus didn't bother to get his medical done in time for his interview - It's a direct result of that type of action that causes others to get caught up in a mess when they are trying to do things the right way - If I were in your shoes, I would seriously be examining your relationship - Cause it seems like he is determined to get to the US in any way possible.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
All I want to say here is good luck!

I second that LOUDLY!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

All I want to say here is good luck!

I second that LOUDLY!

I come in third, Good luck on your case, do you have any updates as to what is the current status?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

well the bright side is he gets a second chance at his visa legally :thumbs:

I'll be praying for you sweetness (F)(F)

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

HELLO EVERYONE-

Yes, I know I have to update my timeline.. I am just :crying: Here's the latest.......... My husband had his interview on May 20, 2009 for his IR 1, however, he was initially scheduled for June 24, 2009 but it got moved up b/c we filed for the i129f(k3) and both paperwork reached the embassy at the same time so the k3 automatically dropped b/c we told them we wanted to pursue the IR 1.... Long story short. The interview was good, so my husband said, however he was blue slipped b/c he did not have his medical complete due to him preparing for the June interview and not expecting the May interview. Anyway, he was denied but he qualified for a waiver, in which we already had prepared. He presented them with the waiver packet at the interview in May. The waiver was accepted at the time with no fee, however, he had to pay the fees once he returned with his medical. We had to email the embassy once the med was complete and we were prepared to pay. Y he couldn't just go there and pay without a specific date who knows?????? Given a date to return on August 11, 2009. (From May to August MORE WAITING).....He went back on August 11, 2009 and got blue slipped again because he had only one complete fee for one of the waivers (we filed i601 and i212)... We were told i601 was $545 US and i212 was $400 US ..NOT Both waivers cost $545. He had $945 prepared to pay we were $145 US short. He asked if he could come right back and pay it being it was only $145 less. The consulate, of course, said no you have to email the embassy once you are prepared to pay the other fee. The consulate did accept the one fee ($545) for one of the waivers. I emailed the embassy the same day(8/11/09) and let them know he was prepared to pay the fee and WOOOOOOOOOOO they emailed me back the nxt day with a date of Sept 7 to come back. I don't understand y they have to schedule you so far out just to pay a fee. God only knows how long it's going to take to process the waivers via DHS. Does anyone know approx a timeframe on how long it takes to process and where do they process the waivers for Kingston, Jamaica? :help:

Yes, indeed.. Actually the total amount that had to be paid was $1090.00 for the two waivers on the IR 1 status. Trust me, I do not wish to pay an additional $1000 + for AOS. I know the IR 1 process is a little longer by a few more months, however, I'd rather wait it out and be done with immigration than to pay $2090.00 because even if he came over on the K1/K3 visa we would have to still pay for the waivers.............. No rich girl here and he ain't doing to well in JA either. Those of you that live there know. No money ah run in Jamaica only the big dealers. Lil innocent workers over there may just get $50 a week. Talk about economic reform..............Somebody really need to have it out with that prime minister -she/he should be ashammed. I think it's a she. Anyway, that's not good, we are in the 20th century! Come on, Jamaice is the #1 tourist place in the carribbean. Nuff money to pay workers more.

sweetness; the PM for Jamaica is a man, Bruce Golding and I 2nd what sus said...did you know that your hubby had tried to enter illegally prior to filing for him?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

OK... what does her knowing have to do with her question?

If I had know that I may need a waiver, I would have done as much research as I could before filing, then when it came up, I would deal with it.

tep aff a mi name

sus, I'm stalking you

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

If I had know that I may need a waiver, I would have done as much research as I could before filing, then when it came up, I would deal with it.

that easy to assume..how many of us have been thru the visa process and thought we have everything? It seem she thought the information/documents she had was enough..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

that easy to assume..how many of us have been thru the visa process and thought we have everything? It seem she thought the information/documents she had was enough..

Thank you for your response to those comments made by sus and trelawny and whoever else on that negative vibe. Yes, what my husband (so) did was indeed wrong, but it's not the total reason why this process is the way it is. The good ole boy system here in America do not want NO FOREIGNERS IN THE USA. From what I understand that they are afraid of them taking our jobs and TERRORIST are the main reason why this process is the way it is right now for your info. and relaxed Americans ASSumming, as usual, that " no it couldn't happen here." Anyway, I am not in a debate with none of you about y the system is this or that and I personnally do not need your sympathy. My husband has not done nothing that any other person coming from foreign who wants to better their life and tired of the let downs when they did go about things the right way and get denied because of simple reasons would have done. It is very hard for ppl in those third world countries to have a reasonable living based on their income and whomever the prime minister is man or woman should be ashammed. Some don't consider Jamaica as third world, however, I beg to differ, because how can someone truely survive off of $50 a week and feed their families and maintain a reasonable lifestyle.

I did a little research on the waivers and I believe we presented a pretty good pkg. It must be, because they haven't requested any addt'l info. thus far unlike others I have read on here. I am ready to deal with whatever. To you Miss ASSumer (Trelawny Parrish), like Support OAFJF said all of we have been thru this VISA PROCESS and thought we had everything and boom other info may be requested. That's why we all share all of our experiences and questions are meant to be asked so that we can all HELP each other not Bash one another. That's what's wrong with society today, ppl are so quick to tell someone what they should and shouldn't do. Most ppl are so quick to ASSume this, that, and other, although, you don't know a person's journey on how that got to the place where they are so it's not good to ASSume anything. Not realizing most ppl have a full schedule and may not have the time to do all the research that is required to complete this process so we relay on sources like visa journey and other information gathered on bits and pieces and take it for what it's worth and take it in prayer to GOD and pray that the outcome be in our favor. Most of this process seem to be on a case to case bases not all of the information is that beneficial to ppl because just say that happen to you and then the next person similar case and they get thru just fine. So it is what it is and like I said I wish you all the best........................................ONE LOVE :star:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The good ole boy system here in America do not want NO FOREIGNERS IN THE USA. From what I understand that they are afraid of them taking our jobs and TERRORIST are the main reason why this process is the way it is right now for your info. and relaxed Americans ASSumming, as usual, that " no it couldn't happen here."

Pure ignorance

I personnally do not need your sympathy.
You came in here whining about the waivers and the delay - That wasn't a plea for sympathy?

My husband has not done nothing that any other person coming from foreign who wants to better their life and tired of the let downs when they did go about things the right way and get denied because of simple reasons would have done.

Again - Pure ignorance - We have Yardie members in here who did EVERYTHING the right way, got denied, and waited out the period that they needed to wait to do things legally - Any which way you try to paint it, what he did was illegal -

It is very hard for ppl in those third world countries to have a reasonable living based on their income and whomever the prime minister is man or woman should be ashammed. Some don't consider Jamaica as third world, however, I beg to differ, because how can someone truely survive off of $50 a week and feed their families and maintain a reasonable lifestyle.

How many people in JA live on that money and have a reasonable lifestyle? Spend some real time there, living inna yaad - your view might change -

I did a little research on the waivers and I believe we presented a pretty good pkg. It must be, because they haven't requested any addt'l info. thus far unlike others I have read on here. I am ready to deal with whatever. To you Miss ASSumer (Trelawny Parrish), like Support OAFJF said all of we have been thru this VISA PROCESS and thought we had everything and boom other info may be requested. That's why we all share all of our experiences and questions are meant to be asked so that we can all HELP each other not Bash one another. That's what's wrong with society today, ppl are so quick to tell someone what they should and shouldn't do. Most ppl are so quick to ASSume this, that, and other, although, you don't know a person's journey on how that got to the place where they are so it's not good to ASSume anything. Not realizing most ppl have a full schedule and may not have the time to do all the research that is required to complete this process so we relay on sources like visa journey and other information gathered on bits and pieces and take it for what it's worth and take it in prayer to GOD and pray that the outcome be in our favor. Most of this process seem to be on a case to case bases not all of the information is that beneficial to ppl because just say that happen to you and then the next person similar case and they get thru just fine. So it is what it is and like I said I wish you all the best........................................ONE LOVE :star:

As you seem to be so fond of using the word - you are the one ASSuming here - What I took issue with, and will continue to have an issue with - is the fact that you are whining about your man having done something illegal and having to pay the price for it - There are plenty of good, honest people that are denied visitor visas, etc.... - they don't do something illegal - if you get denied for a bank loan, do you then rob the bank cause you need the money?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Sweetness, I am so sorry you are going through this - But I am sorry, I don't have a lot of sympathy in your case - The very reason why this process is so long and frustrating for those of us who try to do things the right way is a direct result of actions like those of your SO -

To quote from your post:

He was detained at the airport and sentenced 6mos. for attempting to enter with falsified documents. That's where the waivers come in and the fees Total $1,090 for two waivers. He was only blue slipped for not having his medical complete-----------blue slipped meaning--a slip to return once completed.

I really don't see where you have room to complain - He committed a crime, falsified documents, and tried to circumvent the visa process in the past - Plus didn't bother to get his medical done in time for his interview - It's a direct result of that type of action that causes others to get caught up in a mess when they are trying to do things the right way - If I were in your shoes, I would seriously be examining your relationship - Cause it seems like he is determined to get to the US in any way possible.

See you got it twisted..... The reason why his medical was not done on time is because his intial interview was originally scheduled for June 24, 2009. Because I also filed a K3 visa app. that also reached the embassy around the same time and that interview was scheduled for May 20, 2009. We did not know of that May 20th date until May 15th if you read my previous post you would know that. He could not get a medical appt scheduled for so short notice of the date in May. I stated we were prepared for the June 24th interview and because both were in house the embassy went ahead and interviewed him for the IR1 instead of the K3 on the scheduled K3 interview date. if both petitions are at the Embassy at the same time, then the IR-1 visa takes precedent over the K3 visa. He did not falsify the docs himself. If you really want to know he purchased the visa from someone who had an inside connection with someone who works with the embassy and visas. He visited twice with the same VISA and went back to JA the third time was just a bit much. My relationship is all good. I am not worried about what you may be insinuating. He has plenty of opportunity to go otherwise. Let's say he has learned his lesson and paid the price. So you can take the bitter with the sweet. Like I said before the reason why I believe the system is the way it is because of TERRORIST.. Drug smugglers and prostitution trades. So you check yourself and check the levels..................DO YOUR RESEARCH.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.